• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Good Vape For Homeless Usage

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
Hi, I was having a discussion in the TinyMight thread and someone suggested this is worth its own thread. I'm going to be homeless soon and being homeless without my medication wont be a comfortable experience. I'm looking for:

1. A discrete,
  2. On-demand vape (But session can be tolerated),
  3. That conserves material and hits like a truck.

I am accustomed to heavy hitting desktop units like the SSV43, Terptorch, and flowerpot. I have also had my share of portable units but none of them really have that lung smackage I'm looking for. Now, the TinyMight sounds like a decent option (Batteries are not a concern: 24 hour gyms don't care if you're charging batteries or your phone so long as you're working out), but some quality control concerns make me hesitant.

• The tafee bowle has absolutely shit-tier battery tech but otherwise is perfect. Nobody will suspect a man sipping on a glass is smoking, but I feel like charging my ”smart cup” constantly might raise some eyebrows eventually. Plus, batteries like that are just a general inconvenience: the reason I tossed my Fury II.
  • The Mighty is.... Well its a good product but its not the kind of vapor I'm looking for and its not on demand. It just doesn't do it for me.
    • I used that old thing a LOT at one point and I got some very suspicious comments a couple of times when I walked around outside, so I had to keep to indoors.
  • The P80 takes a LONG time to get. If it weren't for that, it'd be gold, I think.
  • The milaana is unregulated (I like 5 speed cars so I can put up with this) but good luck getting a hold of one.
  • The dynavap is okay (used one for like 2 years) but doesn't hit like I want, nor is it inconspicuous.
  • The sticky brick is very conspicuous and after months I could never get the technique down, so that's a definite no but when it worked by god I loved it.
  • The Elev8r has got great vapor BUT looks like a bougie crack-pipe. :\
I‘d appreciate any suggestions on this matter. I‘m certain there's a ton of vapes I don't know about that might work for me.

Last edited:

aniceto

The MiniVap is huge but it looks a lot like a flask with the long flexitube, even with the short MP too.

It does hit like a truck.

It's not on demand...

Battery life is really long once you get it charged.

best of luck with your homeless route! I'll be checking this thread just in case I need it at some point ;)

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Have you considered one of the more portable butane vapes like the O’Connell Noisy Cricket or Micro, or the Dreamwood Dobby? The size and wood/glass construction make them less conspicuous even if you have to use a torch.

Living-on-the-street homeless feels like butane would be the go but from the vapes you’ve mentioned, you don’t exactly sound destitute so it’s kind of hard to imagine your use conditions.

florduh

you don’t exactly sound destitute so it’s kind of hard to imagine your use conditions.

Buying every vape they listed would cost less than just the security deposit for an apartment here in Floriduh. Shit, back in LA you'd have to buy that whole set of vapes for yourself and several of your friends to just approach the move-in cost for a new apartment.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Buying every vape they listed would cost less than just the security deposit for an apartment here in Floriduh. Shit, back in LA you'd have to buy that whole set of vapes for yourself and several of your friends to just approach the move-in cost for a new apartment.
I’m a city guy so believe me, I get that. But “homeless” isn’t a monolithic condition— there’s lots of reasons which could affect the advice.

Not prying or passing judgment. Just not sure what specific challenges they’re trying to work around.

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
The MiniVap is huge but it looks a lot like a flask with the long flexitube, even with the short MP too.

It does hit like a truck.

It's not on demand...

Battery life is really long once you get it charged.

best of luck with your homeless route! I'll be checking this thread just in case I need it at some point ;)
I can work with session vapes if needed. Its got a discrete look (but aint small at all, lol) which semi-counteracts the session issue. LOVE that battery size but from what I can see it gives okay hits. Thanks for the suggestion! :tup:
What about a StemPod set up??
Don't know much about the stempod, but from some quick research it seems promising. Its got that traditional mod look, so its incognito, and I'm seeing some choice rips from it.
Milaana3 are available now via leerbtmd@gmail btw Splinter too
👀 I did not know that. Going to shoot them an email about price. Its got basically everything I want except ease of use and decent battery life (with swappable batteries that's not a big deal) but I can learn.
Have you considered one of the more portable butane vapes like the O’Connell Noisy Cricket or Micro, or the Dreamwood Dobby? The size and wood/glass construction make them less conspicuous even if you have to use a torch.

Living-on-the-street homeless feels like butane would be the go but from the vapes you’ve mentioned, you don’t exactly sound destitute so it’s kind of hard to imagine your use conditions.
I haven't; in fact, I didn't even know about them. Ill take a look and get back to you on those 3 after a more thorough look, as its getting quite late. You'd be surprised how many outlets are around in the age of cell phones, if you just ask.

What I can say now is that the dobby might be more inconspicuous than the stickybrick, but it probably suffers from that same painful learning curve. Ignoring that, call me queasy, but I don't trust butane vapes. I used colibri premium with my SB way back when and I could still taste butane. Still, I am glad for all of the suggestions and I thank you for your input! :)
Ugh, tell me about it. At least one of the few benefits of homelessness is that you dont have to spend 1/3 to 1/2 of your income on housing, and then most of the rest on housing-adjacent bills, so you can actually... yknow, save some money. And you just KNOW youre never getting that security deposit back no matter how well kempt the apartment is.
Not to mention that I didn't even own them all at once; I don't have most of the vapes I listed anymore, and when I sold one vape, the proceeds went to buy another to save money, and I still felt like I should wait for 4/20;7/10 sales
Reality is an expensive beast. 🙃

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
👀 I did not know that. Going to shoot them an email about price. Its got basically everything I want except ease of use and decent battery life (with swappable batteries that's not a big deal) but I can learn.

Yeah I think they still have some single battery chargers available as freebies with them too! Like $250 total price I think? Likely will want cooling stems though if not a hook (though getting a WPA could be tricky) Milaana2 are coming in August, could be more expensive I'm guessing bc exotics...

And yeah honestly I would not recommend looking at other butane vapes, I mean direct torch convection, if sticky brick was too tough for you, although smaller ones are trickier technique in my experience...

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
No offense but is a vape really the best thing the be spending your money on if you're gonna be homeless?

as someone else said you don't seem destitute
I can think of tons of reasons why a vape might be the best thing (potential medical needs). I can also think of tons of situations where someone is out of housing options at the moment but isn't exactly destitute. Living on the street is only one form of homelessness.

Living out of a vehicle is homelessness typically.

Anyhow, if we are going to attempt to hold this person accountable for being frugal, let's not toss out the baby with the bathwater. Vaporizers are safe and efficient devices for consuming cannabis. Cannabis may be inexpensive where this person lives as well. If not, then a more efficient vaporizer would be clutch for medicating or just for getting stoned to lessen the discomfort of dealing with homelessness.

Didn't mean to write you an essay, but assumptions are things I try not to make a ton of these days.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I have both and vote for the Firewood7 over the Milaana 3. The retractable stem and trim proportions make it a true pocket vape and a regulated device is more versatile. Tinymight is my second pick, just protect the protruding glass stem and ideally get some use with a wpa and j-hook so the cooling unit isn't clogging so quickly as to be frustrating.

A butane option does sound smart too though.

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
Don't have one but firewood 7 seems appropriate...?
I have both and vote for the Firewood7 over the Milaana 3. The retractable stem and trim proportions make it a true pocket vape and a regulated device is more versatile. Tinymight is my second pick, just protect the protruding glass stem and ideally get some use with a wpa and j-hook so the cooling unit isn't clogging so quickly as to be frustrating.
A FW7 could be a nice option (portability, efficiency).
I had read about it but didn't really consider it. Not sure why. Ill have to take a harder look at the FW7. :rockon:
A mod510vape too? I like my GlowRCV18.
510 vapes seem like a good option and they tick a lot of the boxes. I gotta admit I never heard of the glow before. Out of curiosity, what made you suggest that over other mod vapes?

I can think of tons of reasons why a vape might be the best thing (potential medical needs). I can also think of tons of situations where someone is out of housing options at the moment but isn't exactly destitute. Living on the street is only one form of homelessness.

Living out of a vehicle is homelessness typically.

Anyhow, if we are going to attempt to hold this person accountable for being frugal, let's not toss out the baby with the bathwater. Vaporizers are safe and efficient devices for consuming cannabis. Cannabis may be inexpensive where this person lives as well. If not, then a more efficient vaporizer would be clutch for medicating or just for getting stoned to lessen the discomfort of dealing with homelessness.

Didn't mean to write you an essay, but assumptions are things I try not to make a ton of these days.
This man gets it entirely. You said it better than I could have myself!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I'm a Splinter Z maven and use my Splinters more than any other portable. It's just that the break risk with the ground glass joint and glass stems makes them more of a coffee table portable than a pocket vape and the same goes for the Milaana.

Duba

Accessory Maker
510 vapes seem like a good option and they tick a lot of the boxes. I gotta admit I never heard of the glow before. Out of curiosity, what made you suggest that over other mod vapes?
It's a wood one with wood MP, german quality, bought in preorder (cheaper). It works great and with a 2x18650 mod, you have a strong autonomy with you. This regulated device can rip hard.

florduh

In my early 20's, I was in a similar situation. My roommates and I were paying our rent for a house. Unfortunately the owner wasn't using that money to pay the mortgage. Ended up getting about a week's notice to get all of our shit out of there. I was working, but between rent, a car payment, and a student loan... I simply did not have a security deposit plus first month's rent sitting in my bank account.

My roommates either had friends/girlfriends to move in with... or had parents who could buy themselves out of this problem. I was pretty new to the city and didn't really have a support structure. I needed to save a couple grand to get myself into an apartment. So... the plan was, sleep in my car, shower at Planet Fitness, then drive into work. With overtime, I figured this would take me at least 2 months. Only ended up lasting about 2 weeks. I was a nice looking lad, so a young lady I worked with took pity and invited me to stay with her for a bit.

Life throws curveballs. In bigger metro areas, it can easily cost 5k just to move into a shitty apartment (deposit, fees, first/last month rent). Lots of Americans don't have that sitting in their account. Not everybody has family or friends to help them. Hell, I only got through that rough patch by engaging in some "light prostitution". That's not an option for everybody either!

I get when people think "dude, if you're homeless... why are you buying a vape!?" I didn't start consuming cannabis until my late 20's, so this wasn't a consideration when I was facing living out of a car/gym. But this doesn't sound crazy to me at all. A vape plus a little weed pales in comparison to the startup cost for an apartment. Sure, cutting out that expense might get you out of this situation a week or two earlier. But if vaping a little weed helps you survive a truly shitty experience, I say all the more power to you.

Thinking back to the (blessedly limited) time I was sleeping out of my car, I'm not sure I'd recommend butane. The whole game was basically trying to avoid attracting any attention from cops/rent-a-cops. So I could hopefully get a few hours of uninterrupted sleep before working 12+ hours the next day. Open flames might make that dicey. But I had a gym/job where I could charge batteries during the day.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
If you are sticking to on-demand then id say the Taffee or the Firewood 7. The only thing id be concerned about with the FW7 is the wood and moisture if you are going to be outside where it rains a lot.

Otherwise just give up on the on-demand and get a HR Rogue. buy a portable battery charger on amazon prime day today as well

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
It's a wood one with wood MP, german quality, bought in preorder (cheaper). It works great and with a 2x18650 mod, you have a strong autonomy with you. This regulated device can rip hard.

It is more expensive than stem pod, and I'm not sure it's actually better though? If you want to do temp control with either, you have to build set up your own steel coils... Regulated because of the battery and power control, but glow out of the box does not have temp control (I mean really none of them do? Not sure if the stem pod is sold that way at all, like a complete set) :2c:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
No offense but is a vape really the best thing the be spending your money on if you're gonna be homeless?

as someone else said you don't seem destitute

C'mon...we all know the old saying:

"Cannabis will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no cannabis."

We'd be in peril to forget that, especially in the more difficult times in our lives.

And I believe it was Sublime that said "Hard work good, and hard work fine...but first take care of head."

Wise words to remember :clap:

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
C'mon...we all know the old saying:

"Cannabis will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no cannabis."

We'd be in peril to forget that, especially in the more difficult times in our lives.

And I believe it was Sublime that said "Hard work good, and hard work fine...but first take care of head."

Wise words to remember :clap:
Exactly. The opportunity cost of staying homeless a little while longer is outweighed by the benefit of being able to calm myself down quickly and easily when things get overstimulating.
If you are sticking to on-demand then id say the Taffee or the Firewood 7. The only thing id be concerned about with the FW7 is the wood and moisture if you are going to be outside where it rains a lot.

Otherwise just give up on the on-demand and get a HR Rogue. buy a portable battery charger on amazon prime day today as well
The firewood is all conduction, that's a no from me, especially since the milaana is available again. Id have to store all my vapes concealed in a bag so moisture isn't an issue. Thanks for the recs though! :tup:

In my early 20's, I was in a similar situation. My roommates and I were paying our rent for a house. Unfortunately the owner wasn't using that money to pay the mortgage. Ended up getting about a week's notice to get all of our shit out of there. I was working, but between rent, a car payment, and a student loan... I simply did not have a security deposit plus first month's rent sitting in my bank account...

..I get when people think "dude, if you're homeless... why are you buying a vape!?" I didn't start consuming cannabis until my late 20's, so this wasn't a consideration when I was facing living out of a car/gym. But this doesn't sound crazy to me at all. A vape plus a little weed pales in comparison to the startup cost for an apartment. Sure, cutting out that expense might get you out of this situation a week or two earlier. But if vaping a little weed helps you survive a truly shitty experience, I say all the more power to you.
I'm sorry to hear that happened to you but its good that you got through it. I think a lot of people forget/don't understand that homeless is not one set of circumstances, and they especially seem to forget that you don't have rent to pay. $250 for a vape once and $50 here and there for some weed is a lot cheaper than just paying for an apartment, let alone security deposits, renting a truck, utilities (plus THEIR deposits, lmao) etc;, that stuff gets expensive quickly!

Used Lotus pried from someone's cold, dead hands?
Vapman?
Would say a Brick Junior but I guess you're not into them.

Maybe it's because we don't have any 24H gyms in my town so I can't relate, but I wouldn't want to have to depend on a power outlet.
Man I regret not buying a lotus still. What a classy looking vape. Vapmans an option I didn't consider but it doesn't make much vapor since its all about taste.

The positive of replaceable batteries is that you only need to rely on a power outlet once in a while when you have enough. Worst comes to worst, I could use one of those portable solar power units.
It is more expensive than stem pod, and I'm not sure it's actually better though? If you want to do temp control with either, you have to build set up your own steel coils... Regulated because of the battery and power control, but glow out of the box does not have temp control (I mean really none of them do? Not sure if the stem pod is sold that way at all, like a complete set) :2c:
Considering what Shit Snacks said, I think the glow isn't for me.

After everyones help, I think I'm going to purchase a milaana 3 from RBT. I appreciate everyone's input and I hope you all have wonderful days ahead of you. Thank you.

Top Bottom