Gear GonG 'Vapor Globe'

Bodhi Diesel

Cannabis Snob
rabblerouser said:
or you could know the truth, which is that Hashmasta Kut invented the ti pad.
Using inferior Titanium and a poorly designed bell. Labworx refined the design of the bell and the quality of the Titanium skillet.
rabblerouser said:
His are the best if you want a pad, not dome, get a Ti nail for the dome.
His are not the best by any stretch of the imagination. Most HMK bells waste an inordinate amount of vapor because of their faulty design.

rabblerouser said:
His are supposed to be specially shaped for easy reclaim and have nubs to hold a ti screen to help diffuse the vapor, they say you want the screen nubs.
Reclaim is much easier with a Labworx bell.

rabblerouser said:
also get sold on aqualab
So what?

Bodhi Diesel,

High Sigh

SG addict
Have you done a side by side comparion between labworx and HMK? Have you reclaimed from both? Can you explain how reclaim is easier with the labworx skillet, with its curves in the bell? Thanks and stop saying that labworx is the best just because it may be your opinion or just because you own one

edit: isnt this a vaporglobe thread? wtf man

High Sigh,

Bodhi Diesel

Cannabis Snob
High Sigh said:
Have you done a side by side comparion between labworx and HMK?
Yes.

High Sigh said:
Have you reclaimed from both?
Yes.

High Sigh said:
Can you explain how reclaim is easier with the labworx skillet, with its curves in the bell?
Less area of glass.

High Sigh said:
stop saying that labworx is the best just because it may be your opinion or just because you own one.
Like 90% of the posters here do about the rigs they own? Get a clue, sport.

Modnote: Please review the forum rules, specifically the "Be Nice" section. Also, please try to avoid making back-to-back posts. Thank you.

Bodhi Diesel,

High Sigh

SG addict
Alright ill get clue and go read other threads than this, while you rave about how good your skillet is in here. See ya

High Sigh,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
I have not actually tried the HMK units, but I think the amazingly long wait people put up with says a lot. Also I'm pretty sure his design has changed over time, newer ones are supposed to be better.

I still think the globe is way harder to burn yourself on and gives large enough hits for me. Ti pad is a 3rd degree burn waiting to happen.

Also, now that we cleared up HMK as the originator of titanium pad dabbing, was Kabley the first Ti Nail? that's what my foggy memory has it as, but i could be dead wrong.

rabblerouser,

SD_haze

^^^
to add to more vapor globe discussion,

With all the hubbub about using the best grade of titanium, what about TI nails?
My local dispensary sells TI nails for only like $45 but im suspicious.

Accountability can be tricky when it comes to cannabis products :/

SD_haze,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
I'd ask who made them / what grade Ti they are, after remembering to lookup which Ti is which again. I thought grades 1 and 2 were both "clean", and 2 was stronger? and if nothing else really commonly used for this, now i'm gonna have to do more research...

I'd assume that they are cool though, but yeah maybe worth making sure.

rabblerouser,

StickyShisha2

while traveling out of state, I broke the globe from my rig. All i have with me is some shatter and the rig.
after visiting a few headshops and smoke shops, I learned that nobody knew ANYTHING about concentrates. I would have bought something if they had it.
as a last resort, i bought a downstemn with 18mm female end to break in half.

9uag01.jpg

i heated where i wanted it to break and then touched it with an ice cube.
then flame polished the sharp edges
2q9e9fc.jpg

not pretty, but it fits and works,

StickyShisha2,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
have an oil dome (with both glass and ti nail), skillet and a quartz puddle/dome set by Worm from Heady in CO. http://www.headyglass.com/store/ind...-swings/the-worm-quartz-puddle-dome-14mm.html also both Omicrons and a Persei. i have to say from my personal experience with a skillet that both HMK and Labworx make quality skillets, but those up on Labworx now are very tight and well designed. better ti skillet too, IMHO. my skillet is local and not nearly as nice. for oil domes i have two and for my purposes i like my swing arm quartz puddle dome best. it's all clear so easier to use than my larger colored dome/ ti nail http://www.highpriorityglass.com/brands-a-e/cosmic-case/cosmic-g5-ti-nail-18mm/ as well as zero loss off the edge of nail, as there isn't one. For Largest hit i go with that usually. for cooler hits w/ zero loss i use my persei. for on the go, its omicron all the way

Bob Loblaw,

Trixman22

I must say I like the oil Dome much better then a skillet. I have only tried a 18 gauge skillet and I heard for optimal skillet use you want 14 gauge. If you have a good nail then I don't think anything beats the oil dome. I have a sheldon black concentrator and it is so smooth and tasty with the oil.

Trixman22,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Hey so im intrigued by concentrates and plan on getting me a setup soon. I was thinking a oil dome and i lke the 45 degree ones i see at ALT, as it would sit on my mobius bubbler or inline which both are vertical GG joints. But can the angle be bad like because of spillage or anything? Also any preference on top load or side load domes? Is it worth it to drop the cash on a Ti nail? A Ti dabber? I saw a sick titanium dabber with a flat head.

Can i do budder, wax, hash, oil in a oil dome? Ive seen some hash thats like crumbly and not sticky almost a powder with chunks, how do u dab that? Oh i almost forgot, is doing dabs off a nail combusting or vaporizing? In the vids ive seen that smoke is very thick and sometimes has that yellowish look combustion smoke did.

need some advice to get started. Been blazin' flowers for ages, a full blown noob to concentrates.

YoGranMazPimp,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Hey so im intrigued by concentrates and plan on getting me a setup soon. I was thinking a oil dome and i lke the 45 degree ones i see at ALT, as it would sit on my mobius bubbler or inline which both are vertical GG joints. But can the angle be bad like because of spillage or anything? Also any preference on top load or side load domes? Is it worth it to drop the cash on a Ti nail? A Ti dabber? I saw a sick titanium dabber with a flat head.

Can i do budder, wax, hash, oil in a oil dome? Ive seen some hash thats like crumbly and not sticky almost a powder with chunks, how do u dab that? Oh i almost forgot, is doing dabs off a nail combusting or vaporizing? In the vids ive seen that smoke is very thick and sometimes has that yellowish look combustion smoke did.

need some advice to get started. Been blazin' flowers for ages, a full blown noob to concentrates.

so many questions, i could fill a book answering you. you can do anything on a nail, it's basically hot knives in a semi-closed system. any hash is usable, however the more impurities, the more residue. i have a 45 deg. oil dome on a straight system and since i switched to a ti nail (with good sides) i haven't had a prob. w/ spillage. i did get spills with my glass nail. you will want to use a system dedicated to oil for reclaiming. if you use a glass or quartz they will eventually break on you (due to heat, not dropping) while a ti nail is forever. for the dabber, i would say glass is fine. powder is called keif and you don't dab it. dabs is vaporizing you can't really "combust" an oil as far as i know. the yellow is from the impurities i believe. what do you mean when you say "side load" dome. not familiar. post a link?

stroh

errl enthusiast
IME i have found drop top domes to be much superior to side loading domes. losing vapor is never really an issue unless you are a monster dabber

stroh,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Thanks for all the info...

Heres a link to a side load dome. I think it just may be a preference on what type anyone perfers....

http://www.aqualabtechnologies.com/...lt-45-side-loading-vapor-globe-set-18-mm.html
yea, that looks potentially messy. i have two domes and the second is a quartz puddle dome combo. really simple set. http://www.headyglass.com/store/ind...-swings/the-worm-quartz-puddle-dome-14mm.html someone on here contacted me about getting rid of his puddle swing arm set http://www.headyglass.com/store/ind...s/the-worm-quartz-puddle-swing-18mm-x-90.html (not sure if his is 18 or 14mm) he was offering a discount of like $40 off i think. if interested pm me and i'll give you the name

Bob Loblaw,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Thanks for the info. I like the heady glass. I like supporting local colorado made glass also. Ill check it out...

YoGranMazPimp,

Trixman22

Top load domes are better IMO because its easier to see what your doing + if you don't have a dabber you can always drop BHOmbs on the nail.

About the puddle swing. Won't the puddle swing break after a while of repeated heating? Why would a quartz nail break after a while but not this? Size, shape, and density?

Trixman22,

NewSchoolExplorer

Does the the kief vaporize or does it combust somewhat on the hot nail/pad?

I am very experience in this field and yes you can combust kif. When you have fresh Ti (nail or skill/curve/pad/ or anything) you first need to season it with oil, preferably low quality. The residue left behind acts as better surface for dabs with improved flavor. You should get the Ti really hot and wait til it cools to optimal vape temps (this is hard to tell but you can visually tell when its good for dabs [slight learning curve involved])

This is a video I made awhile ago:
@2:23 seconds I am dropping BHO bombs (little balls of oil dropped on the nail)

The small pieces are better because you can really taste the flavor.

Hope I helped fill free to question away.

NewSchoolExplorer,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Top load domes are better IMO because its easier to see what your doing + if you don't have a dabber you can always drop BHOmbs on the nail.

About the puddle swing. Won't the puddle swing break after a while of repeated heating? Why would a quartz nail break after a while but not this? Size, shape, and density?

not sure, actually. hoping quality is part of it. any idea how long an average quartz nail lasts? i will tell you i love the clear paddle. my nail is nice and all (cosmic grade 5), but i can see what i'm doing with the paddle, best of both worlds. the dome is a little leakier than the paddle/bell i'm guessing, but it works well enough ;) One of my many motto's is "if you can't afford to lose it, don't buy it." will enjoy the crap out of it until it does shatter tho. will let ya know when it breaks. it gets used daily. any suggestions on the treatment of quartz nails for me to apply here?

Bob Loblaw,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
So will the kief vape if the ti isn't too hot or does it depend on the quality of the kief like cold water hash full melting

Puffers,
Top Bottom