• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Gn0me - lighter based vaporizers

Cotelio

Hi all. With the gn0me being out of commission, has anyone found a suitable replacement? I have been using the vapolution pocket. In all honesty, it's quite sufficient, but it's no gn0me (at least, not according to what I've read)...

I do intend on ordering the new VripTech wand once it is available for an all glass vapor path, but until then, any suggestions for anything that can stand up to the gn0me? I've also considered the vapocane as something that is somewhat comparable (with a glass screen).

The closest things to the Gnome seems to be the Vapocane, and showing photos to a 420-friendly glassblower.

I can't speak for the vapocane, but I picked up a Firewood 2.1 and it's a nice piece of kit. the gn0me slider is amazing, but it's a little difficult to clean and I don't like using it without my water pipe. The Firewood takes a bit more time to heat up and isn't glass airpath (brass screen, nichrome and I think ceramic heating element, and the case is made of wood), but it's still like 90% convection and I'm never going to drop the glowing tip of a propane torch on my belly ever again. And I can still get good visible vapor from it when the battery is full or I'm using the power adapter.

Cotelio,

jrcmang

Greetings everyone. Just joined to get some input on the gnome. Started reading this thread and decided to order one after watching a few videos. Well like an idiot I didn't read the end of this thread until after I had ordered it. It seems that lots of people placed orders and never got them. I received order confirmation and everything.

Any status updates on gnome glass? Did anyone ever receive their orders? I paid with paypal so I can dispute the charges if I don't receive my order.

axakal

just for fun, i checked the site again a couple of days ago. in my very subjective opinion it seems up and loading faster than before. so maybe you are lucky and Calen is back in business. mailing him would probably let you sleep better.

Greetings everyone. Just joined to get some input on the gnome. Started reading this thread and decided to order one after watching a few videos. Well like an idiot I didn't read the end of this thread until after I had ordered it. It seems that lots of people placed orders and never got them. I received order confirmation and everything.

Any status updates on gnome glass? Did anyone ever receive their orders? I paid with paypal so I can dispute the charges if I don't receive my order.

jrcmang

just for fun, i checked the site again a couple of days ago. in my very subjective opinion it seems up and loading faster than before. so maybe you are lucky and Calen is back in business. mailing him would probably let you sleep better.

Thanks man....I hope so too. I'll shoot him an email. If I don't hear back in the by next week then I will dispute. Bummer because I'm really pumped about the simplicity and ease of this design. Was looking to pick up a pax or firefly and stumbled upon this. Way cheaper option and seems to produce awesome results.

axakal

as i said, it was my highly subjective opinion. i remember the last times i checked the site took ages to load, now it seems to run smoothly.

OMG is that true??? Calen is back??? that means my life got purpose again....

he used to take some time to handle his correspondence back in the days. so give it a little time, before you take other measures. don't forget to let us know, if he got back to you.

Thanks man....I hope so too. I'll shoot him an email. If I don't hear back in the by next week then I will dispute. Bummer because I'm really pumped about the simplicity and ease of this design. Was looking to pick up a pax or firefly and stumbled upon this. Way cheaper option and seems to produce awesome results.

Last edited by a moderator:

jrcmang

he used to take some time to handle his correspondence back in the days. so give it a little time, before you take other measures. don't forget to let us know, if he got back to you.

Will do for sure. I just replied to the confirmation email and asked about the status of Gnome. Hopefully I hear something back. If this doesn't work out are there any other products similar the gnome design?

Edit: Did some research and doesn't seem to be anything on par with the Gnome. Looked at the vapor cane and the vapor genie but they just aren't what I'm looking for. I'm thinking the "friendly" glass blower route will be the way to go if I don't get my order.

Last edited:

jrcmang

Just wanted to update....

Still no reply to my email. I also sent a message through the contact us form on the webpage. No word on that front either. I'll wait until wednesday of next week before I file a claim with paypal. In the meantime, I'm going to head to a local shop here that specializes in really nice glass of all kinds and see about getting a local guy to make me a gnome piece.

axakal

i know, it's not the gn0me, but did you have a look at the vaponic? it's also all glass and is more practical to use when out and about. the all around dimensions are smaller, the glass is thinner what leads to faster heating up times, it's modular, so you can always replace broken or missing parts. if you are located in europe, you can get them starting at around 30 euro on ebay.

Just wanted to update....

Still no reply to my email. I also sent a message through the contact us form on the webpage. No word on that front either. I'll wait until wednesday of next week before I file a claim with paypal. In the meantime, I'm going to head to a local shop here that specializes in really nice glass of all kinds and see about getting a local guy to make me a gnome piece.

jrcmang

So I just wanted to update everyone on my order. After numerous unsuccessful attempts at contacting Calen directly, I finally reached out to paypal and filed a dispute. Escalated to a claim and it was finally resolved today and I was issued a refund. After more research, I found some aquarium forums and people who had ordered protein skimmers from Gnome experienced the exact same thing. Not sure what happened to this guy...I find it strange after all the paypal disputes that he still has a paypal account.

Oh and I never contacted any glassblowers about replicating the Gnome design. I just decided to buy an Arizer Solo. I still plan on eventually seeing if I can get a Gnome piece made though. This device intrigues me far too much.

axakal

i guess, we all can agree, that gn0me glass is dead. as many around here, i never got the chance to order the water pipe version. the next best thing seems to be the vapocane, but apparently the glass tends to melt with frequent use. so, at least to me, it's not a contender. did someone manage to ask their local glass blower for a custom version of the wpa gn0me? i've been recently entertaining this thought. wouldn't it be great, if we could make a "community redesign" of the wpa gn0me, elimating the design flaws it had?

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
My original Gnome broke about a year ago. Still waiting for one to pop up in the classifieds but still no luck.

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Well after posting in this thread last week a brand new Gnome arrived at my doorstep. Can't believe how awesome the people in this community are.

Thank you @Deadshort480 for your kindness. After two sessions with this thing I can't believe I've been without one for a year. Truly one of my favorite vapes ever.

Still hoping this company comes back.

I would be very interested if any of the talented glass blowers here at FC are interested in attempting to recreate a gong version of this. I think there is still a big market for torch powered all glass.

davesmith

Glass Blower
i've been recently entertaining this thought. wouldn't it be great, if we could make a "community redesign" of the wpa gn0me, elimating the design flaws it had?

Let's do it. I can try make a couple at the glass shop I work at. I can't seem to get any good pics of the gnome. What exactly is the bit where you heat? Constrictions? Their site seems to go to a scam site from my iPad?

axakal

his site is dead. the product is orphaned, i assume it wasn't patented or protected in any way. for starters we would need good pictures and insight from the previous owners.

Let's do it. I can try make a couple at the glass shop I work at. I can't seem to get any good pics of the gnome. What exactly is the bit where you heat? Constrictions? Their site seems to go to a scam site from my iPad?

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

I can provide pictures of my GonGnome with rough measurements. PM me if interested.

:peace:

Edit: Since a couple of people have asked for the pics, I'll just post them here for all to enjoy.
wsnJjqv.jpg

VYH3kyn.jpg

YnIGMDY.jpg

2f3bqox.jpg

qlGCijD.jpg

L92vC64.jpg

iG5mJwG.jpg

Last edited:

geraldus

i guess, we all can agree, that gn0me glass is dead. as many around here, i never got the chance to order the water pipe version. the next best thing seems to be the vapocane, but apparently the glass tends to melt with frequent use. so, at least to me, it's not a contender. did someone manage to ask their local glass blower for a custom version of the wpa gn0me? i've been recently entertaining this thought. wouldn't it be great, if we could make a "community redesign" of the wpa gn0me, elimating the design flaws it had?
"community redesign" , I love that idea ! If anyone starts producing these again , I'd like to get in line to order one .

davesmith

Glass Blower
I can happily make a couple for people on here in the new year. :)

To the people who have used them....what's their lifespan like? Did you think anything could be improved?

It's a very simple design, which I'm confident any glassblower (even amatures like me) Can re-create. All glass pure convection is just too sweet to ignore!

Peace out!

geraldus

I can happily make a couple for people on here in the new year. :)

To the people who have used them....what's their lifespan like? Did you think anything could be improved?

It's a very simple design, which I'm confident any glassblower (even amatures like me) Can re-create. All glass pure convection is just too sweet to ignore!

Peace out!
OKAY , I'll wait to hear from you .

davesmith

Glass Blower
I should be back at the workshop by the 2-3rd January so maybe something to take away those post holiday blues :)

@Stu whats the wall thickness of the glass on the one you have?

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
@Stu whats the wall thickness of the glass on the one you have?
I don't have good calipers, but if you look at the second picture posted above, the width of the glass looks to be about 3mm if you compare it to the ruler in the picture.

:peace:

Edit: Taking the angle of the photo into consideration, it might be closer to 2mm. :shrug:

Last edited:
Top Bottom