• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Gn0me - lighter based vaporizers

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
i still haven't heard back from the pm, the email and my question in this thread if there still is a f_ck combustion discount.

anyone know?

vaporonly,

Pcpvapors

I don't believe so, I mean it's a screaming deal already and a hell of a vape. Calen doesn't skip out on quality, I say pay the man!

Pcpvapors,
Reactions: b0

vaporonly

thank you for the response. I don't doubt the quality of his work in any way.

vaporonly,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
thank you for the response. I don't doubt the quality of his work in any way.

Calen always mentions the FC discount with the price, at least for me he did everytime i bought something.
Just wait until he gets back at you, i do think the promo code is on. If he charges you the usual price, just say something about it.

I don't think it should steer you away from it.. considering he does the pieces himself, i think its a great price, even if there was no discount.

vorrange,

vaporonly

Calen always mentions the FC discount with the price, at least for me he did everytime i bought something.
Just wait until he gets back at you, i do think the promo code is on. If he charges you the usual price, just say something about it.

I don't think it should steer you away from it.. considering he does the pieces himself, i think its a great price, even if there was no discount.

yeah that's my plan just to keep waiting. thanks, it's still an option without the discount, I just like to save when i can.

vaporonly,

Goodlife101

Living The Good Life
when was the last time anyone heard from calen? I sent him an email about a week ago and nothin yet, my heating element broke and I am dying to get gn0ming again

Goodlife101,

Cotelio

Just a day or two ago bought a gn0me Slider off his website with a google wallet transaction and thanked him in an email for putting such a quality item in the "economy" vaporizer price bracket-- I can only think of one other under $50, and it's not a product or a company I would be partial to ordering from again...

Ohhh I can't wait to get it, I just finished reading through the whole of the thread and everything just looks so amazing! It's cool that the slide mouthpiece is just right to be used as a 9mm slide bowl in a bong too, f'n A man! n_n =squee=

That one that was posted about on page 28 of the thread looks AMAZING too, with the male heater piece and the female ground joint with the little bulge for a bowl behind the end of the ground joint? Wooooooow. I don't care if he charges $150 for it once he has it set up, the man _deserves_ to and I will happily pay it when I have the funds.

Cotelio,

Filibluntster

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and wanted to talk about my experience with my GnOme 18mm WPA.

Quick background: I recently started smoking again ( few months ago), and have been looking for healthier and healthier ways to consume ganj. Decided on going the vape route and ended up at this forum, reading all the reviews about GnOme vaporizers and deciding to go with one. I loved the idea of an all-glass set-up that could go through my water pipe :)

After hearing someone else talking on this forum about a straight adapter for a water pipe, I emailed Calen about a month and a half ago and placed an order for a straight adapter along with the heat exchanger and one of the protective pouches Calen makes now (which is well worth it!). Calen didn't respond to my first email, but when he responded to my second, he told me he was extremely busy working in his shop; as far as I know, Calen is still a one man shop. So really just try to catch him at different times of the day if you aren't having much luck getting a response. After a couple weeks of some emails back and forth (when I was able to catch Calen at the right time), the order was placed, and then I would say it took a couple weeks for Calen to make my WPA and heat exchanger and for these and the pouch to get to me.

When they got to me, gotta say I was stoked. I didn't quite have my water pipe yet, so had to wait a couple weeks before I could try it (actually just tried it last week for the first time). When I first looked at them, obviously they are beautiful pieces of work like people have described and as you can see from the pictures in this thread. Like I said above, the pouch is way cool too, and if you have the money to buy one, it's definitely a good investment because the pieces fit perfectly inside and it closes nicely with a velcro flap, protecting your Gnome pieces well.

Ok, for the test run:
About a week ago, I finally got my water pipe. I should mention that I decided to put a steel metal pipe screen in the WPA portion above the glass notches where you put the bud. You don't need it, but I am used to grinding all my bud and have found so far that it works really well to have a thin layer covering the surface of the screen. As this was my first run with my new water pipe and my Gnome vaporizer, I put in the water, the downstem, the Gnome WPA + heat exchanger, and the ice (the works!). Like a lot of reviews and videos had shown, I heated the glass up until the flame from the torch was turning orange when it hit all sides of the glass and started to rip...didn't get much. Heated it up again and got a surprising amount. I ended up burning myself pretty good by touching the hot part of the glass and also the hot part of my torch (after telling myself those were the two things I had to stay away from :), but all in all, I was just happy with the first run.

Summary of the progression in the last week:
I've seemed to have figured out the heat up time and technique (about 20-25 seconds and heat the whole heat area on the heat exchanger) and have been getting awesome huge clean vapor hits that have kept me feeling good for hours. I have also gotten rid of the downstem, ice and water in the water pipe, because the hits are so smooth that these things are unnecessary. Drawing in about as slowly as I can has also resulted in way better hits.

I'm really excited about how well it has worked. If you want an all glass vaporizing system that can attach to your water pipe, I definitely recommend going with one of Calen's little treasures. Pictures of my set-up are below (looking to put some yellow glass on my water pipe to “Rastafarize” it :)

dr2uty.jpg

v8g6d5.jpg

143eyc2.jpg

Cotelio

After hearing someone else talking on this forum about a straight adapter for a water pipe, I emailed Calen about a month and a half ago and placed an order for a straight adapter along with the heat exchanger and one of the protective pouches Calen makes now (which is well worth it!). Calen didn't respond to my first email, but when he responded to my second, he told me he was extremely busy working in his shop; as far as I know, Calen is still a one man shop. So really just try to catch him at different times of the day if you aren't having much luck getting a response. After a couple weeks of some emails back and forth (when I was able to catch Calen at the right time), the order was placed, and then I would say it took a couple weeks for Calen to make my WPA and heat exchanger and for these and the pouch to get to me.

Oh, I used the google wallet thing on the gnomeglass website to place my order and pay, I did email him afterward though ( haven't gotten a response yet ) Should I be emailing him now and then to make sure he knows about the order? I don't really mind waiting much, gives me some time to lower my tolerance a bit, heh

Cotelio,

DBA

Anyone else having trouble contacting this company? I sent a mail out about a week and a half ago to two different addresses supplied to me (thanks Vorrange) and I have yet to hear back. Is it just me being impatient or would any of you recommend to send another email or anything?
It looks like the perfect portable for me!

Thanks for your time,

DBA

DBA,

Filibluntster

Oh, I used the google wallet thing on the gnomeglass website to place my order and pay, I did email him afterward though ( haven't gotten a response yet ) Should I be emailing him now and then to make sure he knows about the order? I don't really mind waiting much, gives me some time to lower my tolerance a bit, heh

If the funds have left your bank account, based on what I've read in this thread and also from my experience, you will get your Gnome pieces. And yeah, lowering your tolerance can be a great thing :)

Filibluntster,

vaporonly

Anyone else having trouble contacting this company? I sent a mail out about a week and a half ago to two different addresses supplied to me (thanks Vorrange) and I have yet to hear back. Is it just me being impatient or would any of you recommend to send another email or anything?

Thanks for your time,

DBA

I am having the same the problem. I think he is really busy

vaporonly,

Filibluntster

Thanks for your time,

DBA

I really didn't email Calen too much, but if I wasn't getting a response if I sent him an email in the afternoon, I'd try sending one at night and hoped that would work. I played around with different times for 2-3 weeks and eventually placed my order. It honestly just seemed like I got lucky in the times that my email would be viewed by Calen, as sometimes I didn't receive a response to some of my emails; sounds like he's swamped, and he did inform me that he really tries to address all emails. So I would say don't over-do it, but it seemed to work for me when I sent an extra email a couple days later (at a different time of day than the previous) if you haven't heard from him.

Filibluntster,

Cotelio

Near the end of the ordering process with Calen, I sent him an email with a change in the order, but he didn't respond. When my Gnome pieces arrived, Calen had apparently seen my email and gone with the change, but I can't honestly say if I think he sees every email and to assume as such. I really didn't email Calen too much, but if I wasn't getting a response if I sent him an email in the afternoon, I'd try sending one at night and hoped that would work. It honestly just seemed like I got lucky in the times that my email would be viewed by Calen; I'm guessing he gets a lot, and he did inform me that he really tries to address all emails. So I would say don't over-do it, but maybe send an extra one a couple days later (at a different time) if you haven't heard from him.

Also, from my experience, and from what I've read from other people in this thread, Calen is really cool about making sure you are happy with your Gnome pieces, so he might work with you to make sure you get exactly what you're looking for if it doesn't come out right the first time. Cool guy.

Hehe yeah, I would have liked to ask for for a 14mm ground glass downstem to use the slider... you know, as a slide, with, but really all I could reasonably spend right now is exactly how much the slider cost + shipping. I'll get the other goodies when I have more disposable income~

"other goodies" being that new piece mentioned on page 28 of this thread, and those nifty cases, and a 14mm ground glass downstem with one of those nifty special tips that produce a ton more, smaller bubbles than the standard single hole x3 I'm not gonna be greedy though, I'll wait until I have a good $100 or so to throw at him before I ask for that stuff.

Cotelio,

Filibluntster

Hehe yeah, I would have liked to ask for for a 14mm ground glass downstem to use the slider... you know, as a slide, with, but really all I could reasonably spend right now is exactly how much the slider cost + shipping. I'll get the other goodies when I have more disposable income~

"other goodies" being that new piece mentioned on page 28 of this thread, and those nifty cases, and a 14mm ground glass downstem with one of those nifty special tips that produce a ton more, smaller bubbles than the standard single hole x3 I'm not gonna be greedy though, I'll wait until I have a good $100 or so to throw at him before I ask for that stuff.

Yeah, I'm definitely very pleased with my new Gnome pieces. I love how clean I feel the vapor I'm getting is, due to the all-glass vaporizer set-up. If you have the money to spend on it, it's definitely a good purchase. When you do get it, maybe you'll figure out the heating process right away, but if not, definitely be patient and know that it will pay off big once you get the hang of heating the glass.

DBA

Has anyone yet managed to make contact with this company after my last post? Thanks in advance

DBA,
Top Bottom