Discontinued Gn0me - lighter based vaporizers

darkrom

Great Scott!
I am definitely not throwing mine away. I LOVE the flavor and that is this vapes strong point for sure. I will be using all pressed kief in mine for sure whenever I get some. I'd like to get a nicer torch but I need to wait a while. It is overall a good addition to my collection and I welcome it as the cleanest possible vapor, but it just doesn't fit my needs as a multiple time a day vaporist on the go. I need something quick and easy (ive come to realize this means no flame) as my "daily driver" but this is still a welcome addition and for the price I'm still glad I got it so I can experience an amazing taste.

FWIW if I ever got a chance (and the mindset) to try DMT, I'd probably use this as well :lol:

I enjoy the vape and didn't want my review to come off as negative, but it is just not going to be my daily driver thats all. I look forward to using it with pressed kief at home which IMO is where it will really shine.

darkrom,

Bananiq

So few days ago I received The Gn0me classic. Unfortunately, I can not use it yet because I am still without a torch. What I really appreciate is the design of this device and after some discussion with Calen, I observed some advantages over the GonG version. It's smaller and narrower [less heat required, 10-20 seconds for classic, 20-30 seconds for GonG according to Calen]; You can use the other side of heat exchanger [when one side is dirty]; more ripples [better heat retention]; you can see the herb live being vaporized [in the GonG version the bowl is basically GonG joint so you cannot see herb so clearly] .

OTOH you have to hold the 2 pieces of the unit with your thumb and fingers [or use it tilted upwards] unlike the GonG ver. While assembled, this unit is quite long and the ":)-screen" on mouthpiece could be a bit finer but the ripples are better in restraining herbs to escape, so the there is minimal risk of burning the herb stucked in the heated rippled part [upwards tilted mode recommended]. Overall, it is an excellent all-glass vape with probably the best quality/price ratio AFAIK. Yes, It's purest air-path w/o metal screen, butane, nothing that could deteriorate the taste just fresh air + herbal medicine.

Anyway, while waiting for a torch-lighter I tried to experiment a bit.

Have you ever thought about how much heat is emitted from a toaster?
You wouldn't believe... I heated the gn0me's ripples above a [running] toaster and after some time [while heating], iInhaled. I was able to see visible vapors [being exhaled], no conduction scorch occured. As you presume this was really uncomfortable but it worked and I tasted the heaven again:) [after 5 months of joint-combusting]

Ok .... a toaster ... how about that? I fucking love this vaporizer even before I possess a proper heater. I think $32.50 + $12 shipping to EU is a steal and moreover Calen has sent me a partial refund of the shipping :) The customer service is excellent as Calen gladly answered and elaborated all the question I asked about his gn0me vaporizer.
Nothing more to say now.

Parenthesis usage reserved.

darkrom

Great Scott!
I tried mine again today with some interesting results. As I thought it was the torch that was causing the issues. Today my Ronson lighter was much more functional than before. I only used a small nugget and I vaped it and it was getting yellow MUCH quicker. The nug was looking vaped, but I didn't see much visible vapor on exhales. I will keep trying with it but as I suspected my lighter is determining the whole experience. Definitely not a vape to use while driving or anything, but I can try to find some times in my day to use it. I really want to make it more useful for my situations due to the purity of the vapor.

darkrom,

SD_haze

I would wholeheartedly recommend the $12 dealxtreme Honest torch, it has some serious firepower for under $13 shipped, but unfortunately it usually takes 2-4+ weeks to get to you.

But if you're feeling patient,
link

SD_haze,

Bananiq

I know about that lighter, I can order it but I am not in my home-counry and I dont want to travel with such big lighter. I am actually waiting for this one :)
link

It is all metal so its perfect for vaporizing, although it has small tank and must be refilled often.

darkrom

Great Scott!
I tried it with a full size torch at the garage. Seems like this vape is going to drive me nuts. Either too much lighter or not enough. Definitely going to save it for pressed kief, but IDK if it is worth the effort to vape fresh buds. Still a cool flavor savor for $30 though.

darkrom,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I got my gn0mes at the post.. Will be writing full review and make some videos and post few pics the week comming. .. I've got 2 different concentrate solutions one of them functioning as a gong light bulb (vial vaporizer) and the other allowing both dabbing after preheat and hot rod method :). Can't wait .. This is going to be fun. !
My first package didn't arrive in 30 days.. It was mostly my fault cuz i knew things got mess up when i order near or in the holidays..
They even reported on the news ,that many people dont receive their packages at all or having massive delays like 1-3 months..
My second package was shipped few days ago and it came to me as fast as my Underdog which was the fastest delivery from US ever !.
It was totally free .. even the shipment.. Calen ate all the money damage .. and recreated the original order . Customer service is top notch !
I didn't pay a single $ for my replacement package although it wasn't Calen fault that some greedy postman is probably now drinking a cocktail with the gnome and praise him self what a fancy set of straws he got.. or snorting illegal materials :D.

Abysmal Vapor,
Im looking forward to the video of this thing in action!

Lol i could picture someone snorting through this straw.

VaporBoxed,

Abysmal Vapor

Gnomes are awesome !!!!!

dsc0351lx.jpg

dsc0322y.jpg

dsc0324ka.jpg

dsc0331pu.jpg

dsc0332xw.jpg

dsc0335nz.jpg

dsc0336iy.jpg

dsc0338s.jpg

dsc0349fx.jpg

dsc0357m.jpg

For now i can say.. Nice heat up times. Awesome looks.. Very functional.. Can make abv as dark as you want.. and you can watch it happen.. Clouds are as thick as with my UD. Concentrate gnomes rock.. I would be shooting videos now .. If it wasn't the 3 shots of absolute amber .. and few pinches of quality bud...
Also one of the gong straws a build in glass screen and it was succesfully moded to a UD stem.. with a little silicon sleeve but i load in the glass stem :).

Abysmal Vapor,

cluffy

Vaker
Nice, I put my order in for a couple of Gnome Classics. One for me and one for a friend. Always nice to have new vapes on the way!!!! :ko:

cluffy,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Glad you finally got your package Abysmal!

ABV looks impressive! Is it hard to combust with the Gnome? What's the heat up time before you get visible vapor? How many hits do you approximately get from one load?

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

Well I got a new torch.. I can get visible vapor with the gnome classic in 15 secs with a strong flame and 25 for the classic.. It is impossible to combust unless you dont blow back i guess. They are cooling down very quickly . This weeks i am going to make some videos..
Edited to correct times.. Too fogged to write easy right now :)!

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Thanks, & I'm looking forward to those videos.

I have quit an arsenal of torches myself, which one did you get?

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/1300-c-metal-melting-butane-jet-torch-large-10634 ----- I like it very much because there are both torch and regular spray flame mode which i can use to slowly vaporize with the gnome globe .
This one .. Costed me 10 $ on the local blacksmith :D.. It is awesome because i can regulate flame very easy while it is in use.. I can raise the clouds thickness with 200 % in 2-3 seconds if i increase drasticly. the flame.. I have so much control. I can either take slow tasty undense hits and then after 3 seconds i can finish all within one drawl if i incrase the flame .. The gong gnome works with reatained heat too.. Although i like stable temps.. Not dropping. I'll try to make a video of the classic gnome first, because it is the one i use most.. It fits very easily 9mm slide and with a simple ring of dbv tubing it fits perfectly any 14 mm. :)

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Ah cool, one I don't have :)

I think it's very similar to one I do have:

41YU7s%2BbtyL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I use that one for everything but the Vapocane (I have a bigger one for that). It became my favorite out of many torches. I found it at a local headshop for 12 euro's.

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

OhTheAgony said:
Ah cool, one I don't have :)

I think it's very similar to one I do have:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41YU7s+btyL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I use that one for everything but the Vapocane (I have a bigger one for that). It became my favorite out of many torches. I found it at a local headshop for 12 euro's.
Yes this is like the smaller brother of mine :D . I removed that smelly rubber.. It reeked like optimus prime..

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I thought they were both around 10cm tall?

Mine doesn't smell fortunately, I really like the black/chrome color scheme. Everything on and around my desk is either black, silver or black & silver apart from some clear glass :)

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

I tried to make a video.. Using 10 year old webcam :D .. Cuz my phone cam failed.. Probably will make another with better quality later this week. But you can easily see what size of clouds you can get off a 0.05 (my usual UD load). View My Video

Abysmal Vapor,

Abysmal Vapor

gn0me said:
And that's how you hit it like you mean it!! xD
Calen your glasswork is awesome and very effective in extraction ! It is as effective as my UD,. (which means very effective) !
I noticed that all vapor gets extracted when the herb reaches golden brown color.. There is no point of further cooking it.. at least it produces no more visible or effective IMO vapor.. That is why it is very hard to combust with the gnome.. You will loose desire to hit it because herb is going to be finished far before combustion... To make it dark brown i need to heat about 10-15 secs longer and get nothing but a bitter taste. Get one and you will see what i am talking about.. IMO this is the best vaporizer for the :2c: .. It has its breakage and dealing with flame issues but it is portable, all glass perfect for medicinal users.., fast heat up,extreme efficency, small load size ,dense clouds, can be easily rigged to some WP.. and it is pure artwork !!!
Beat that .... :cool: !

Another benefit of the package is some of the gong connections work very nice with my Underdog and some make perfect glass stem.. With one of the angled connections i can hit it without even turning it upside down.. which i thing would prolong the its life a lot !..

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Cool vid Abysmal, thanks!

Is the vapor very hot that comes from it? Sometimes I make my clouds to dense with the Vapocane and then my throat feels a little burned the next day. I've never combusted with it, but for some reason it just seems to keep on pulling vapor if you throw enough heat at it, it just won't quit strangely.

Have you tried throwing that golden brown ABV in your UD, and take a long, slow draw?

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

OhTheAgony said:
Cool vid Abysmal, thanks!

Is the vapor very hot that comes from it? Sometimes I make my clouds to dense with the Vapocane and then my throat feels a little burned the next day. I've never combusted with it, but for some reason it just seems to keep on pulling vapor if you throw enough heat at it, it just won't quit strangely.

Have you tried throwing that golden brown ABV in your UD, and take a long, slow draw?
Yes .. There is no point even trying :).. It falls off to fine dust.. I always do that tests :).. Either with my UD if it small amout.. or if i want to see if the herb is overall good extracted. I load 0,5 g ABV in the MW to check if i get any clouds thats like 10 UD loads :).

Abysmal Vapor,

Abysmal Vapor

charliedontsurf said:
The Gnomes look awesome, thanks for the great videos Abysmal! One of these might just be in my future.
This globe allows also hot rod hits.. I have a little more amber left and half a brain.. so probably i will need at least 3/4 of my brain to shoot a video LOL.
The Gong gnome need a two or three times as much heat as the classic but you can load 0.3 and get nice airflow :). There is much heat needed if you seeking dense clouds as with the gnome.. Maybe a 45 secs - 1 min heating for retained heat method. But if you are in for multiple tasty low temp clouds (which is my favorite approach with this one) it does not takes that long :) .
Gnome classic hits more like my UD, while the gong hits more like my MW on 1-2o'clock on the dial .

Abysmal Vapor,
Top Bottom