Discontinued Ghost MV1

badbee

How long has that spare battery been at zero charge? If it's been like that for a year or more it probably has very limited capacity now. It may not charge at all. Try charging but do it somewhere fire safe and where you can keep an eye on it. Risk is low but better safe than sorry. You might find it works like it is on one light (which is poorly) even when all three are lit.

badbee,
Reactions: BreeJay

BreeJay

How long has that spare battery been at zero charge? If it's been like that for a year or more it probably has very limited capacity now. It may not charge at all. Try charging but do it somewhere fire safe and where you can keep an eye on it. Risk is low but better safe than sorry. You might find it works like it is on one light (which is poorly) even when all three are lit.

It was part of a very recent purchase of 2 ghosts and a spare battery on liquidation. 2 batteries are working with no problems. The third has never been charged, but when I do charge it, I will keep an eye on it. Thanks for the heads up!

BreeJay,

Summer

Long Island, NY
@BreeJay , it might not even hold a charge for long if you've never charged it. I check the charge level on all my packs every month. When the charge gets below 2 lights, I charge them full ... and repeat. When they no longer hold a charge, I'll use the hack in this thread & replace the 18650 batteries. My batt packs are all from 2017 & 18 (3 - 4 years) & appear to still be going strong.

BTW, I still LOVE & use my Ghosts regularly!

Last edited:

BreeJay

I"ll use the hack in this thread & replace the 18650 batterie

There's a hack? Thanks for the heads up on that Summer! Definitely be something I'll be doing if need be.

I rotate through the two currently in use every three days. Assuming this third one charges I'll add it to the rotation. Shouldn't be any older than the other two, I'll keep my fingers crossed. It's charging now so I'll know in................8hrs or so? :lol:

I love this vape too! Currently a fave in my lineup. Found a place blowing them out cheap and picked one up. Liked it so much I bought a spare battery, then a backup Ghost. This is a vape I went to keep around as long as possible. :)

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I have two Ghosts (Silver and a Black Stealth), 4 batteries (2 OG and 2 Updated), fast charger. Hardly used them. The vape was just too finicky for me. I keep the Ghost collection in my hurricane prep box for those times when we may lose power. I charge them each time a hurricane is on the way along with my other vapes that have excellent battery life.

All this talk about battery degradation has me thinking I should just charge it all up, see what's working and put it all up on the classifieds.

Summer

Long Island, NY
I'd let it charge overnight for 12 hours, so it gets a thorough initial charge.

Tried to find the hack post & pic, but not up to 240 thread pages. :ugh: When you find it, please post link. :)

What place was blowing it out cheap?

@His_Highness , I check all my devices batteries on average ever 4 weeks, although, I've gone as long as 8 weeks. 😬 I start to get nervous if I haven't check them at the 6 week mark.

Last edited:
Summer,
Reactions: BreeJay

BreeJay

The vape was just too finicky for me.

Yup. More finicky than any other vape I've encountered. It would be completely unusable for some med patients I know.
I'd let it charge overnight for 12 hours, so it gets a thorough nitial charge.

Tried to find the hack post & pic, but not up to 240 thread pages. :ugh: When you find it, please post link. :)

What place was blowing it out cheap?

It's a Canadian ( ontario ) place. I can PM you the name if you like. However, they have shipped me used Ghosts as new ones, and one returned to them as obviously defective ended up in my hands. I used this vendor many times in the past, but will never use them again after my dealings with them and the Ghost. They are cheap, 150 CDN if you want to roll the dice.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Nah, rolling the dice would be too risky for me.

Truth be told, I have 5 Ghosts. ☺️ I've been blessed in that all work well & consistently. All have their own personalities in their delivery experience. My 2 favs deliver outstandingly.

I, too, hope my Ghosts have a long life. If they don't outlive me, I guess it would be a tafee bowle type vape with a completely different visual design. The TB's physical design is a dealbreaker for me.

Last edited:

Pukka

Yup. More finicky than any other vape I've encountered. It would be completely unusable for some med patients I know.

It's a Canadian ( ontario ) place. I can PM you the name if you like. However, they have shipped me used Ghosts as new ones, and one returned to them as obviously defective ended up in my hands. I used this vendor many times in the past, but will never use them again after my dealings with them and the Ghost. They are cheap, 150 CDN if you want to roll the dice.
Sorry for sticking in my nose ... but ... do you know if this canadian store have any of the glass mouthpieces, both clear and black? I found a place in France that had some nos pieces but shipping was beyond evil.

Summer

Long Island, NY
I'm so glad this thread got revived for a couple of posts. Had several fleeting thoughts recently that I should post & see how all you remaining Ghosties were doing -- we're a dying breed after all :p , & we only have each other.

@His_Highness , you should sell it because it isn't giving you any pleasure being kept in a box. Someone else can put it to enjoyable use.

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
@His_Highness , you should sell it because it isn't giving you any pleasure being kept in a box. Someone else can put it to enjoyable use.
Good point. I'll have to charge it all up, do some testing and put it all up on the classifieds. Might try to get it done for Xmas but just got these Twinkly GEN 2 LED Christmas Lights that work through an app and I gotta get that done first. I expect to go down that rabbit hole for a day or so.

BreeJay

I'm thinking of begging over on r/entexchange, atm. Roughly 100usd for a 3-pak clear and 2 black from La Centrale. I'm so tempted, I love my set and they cycle in and out of use in regular rotation.
100usd? Wow. As much as I would like them, not that much. r/entexchange might be a good option though. Hope you find some. Let us know if there are any leftovers once you've got yours. ;)

badbee

Thank you! Looks a lot more straight forward than I was expecting. Good to know I have options when the batteries eventually die.
Yes, it is. I actually drilled one out, bought a special hole saw, built a jig to align it, yada yada yada. Then NorthBear showed how easy it is to pop the end caps off and I had to do a hardcore facepalm. Sometimes the simple solution is the right one and a pry bar is the right tool.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
OK. It's possible to remove/replace the MV1's batteries without ripping apart the housing!

The trick is to remove just the bottom cover. It has some adhesive holding it, but it's a rubbery
adhesive with a very light grip. Use a small, thin bladed screwdriver on either side of the
latch mechanism and pry the bottom cover off.

Save yourself a lot of grief and take out the latch and it's spring. Set them aside someplace
safe. If you don't do this, the latch will fall out anyways and the spring could fly off to parts
unknown.

Next, pry out the batteries. I put duct tape on my screwdriver and was able to pry the
batteries up about 1/8 of an inch. I then used pliers (covered with more duct tape) to extract
the batteries. You might need to remove some angled tabs with a utility knife, not all of the
housings have these tabs (see photo #2 below).

Put in your new batteries (observe the polarity!), assemble the latch with it's spring and then
snap on the bottom cover. The inside of the cover opposite the latch has a groove that fits
a tab on the bottom cover, so there is no need to glue anything back together.

Image #1. All the parts. Too much disassembly!
View attachment 460

Image #2. The tabs that hold in the batteries. Not on all holders.
View attachment 461

Image #3. Another holder, without tabs. Just the right amount of disassembly!
View attachment 462
Never saw this post before, nice to know!
As far as keeping unused, never been charged battery, I would have not used it until my new unit was opened...but too late now @BreeJay, at least the battery swap now looks even easier.

cosimo

Ahhh... this "Ghost" vaporizer still remains lingering in my world as well... glad to see I'm not the only one haunted :razz:.
But seriously, I still use my MV1 to taste each new harvest/weed i get, at least a couple of capsules of it (one at low temp, other at high). I really wish I could natively get with my other vaporizers a vapor as smooth and simultaneously tasty as I do with the MV1... i'm constantly impressed by the thought behind its heatsink. Still have many vapes to try out, though... might find one just as good.

Vape Master

Formerly C3PO
You gotta rotate that shit man, stand firm, rotating will keep your batteries sharp. They will be unusable if not used.

Peace, Love & Vape,

^ ^ ^ The Vape Master ^ ^ ^

crudo

Hey all.
I still wasn't able to fix my broken nose of the door latch / door mechanic.
I used Tape sonfar but its very annoying because it wont always stay in place.
Does anyone know another fix?
Maybe 3d printed?

AM-JKLVbd73xAs2iCf5c3ZDZDCDOir5XXK8vNHwYJ_My9qzDCIuAQRaT2DC_Zu-9wU3ubZG7NxXTwnxrjZmxb7SjJ_UXT-pR1SqqlWMzUeObJGqgPURBCN2nT4I4ciqgCBRtaLHWaG7TQWCk6fvhZmtzAskQCA=w1082-h917-no

Last edited:
Top Bottom