• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Ghost MV1

Sn4Pz

Does anyone know the name of the power rail system the ghost uses? Is it just thick folded nickel?

I figure I'm better off buying a dead battery of someone and doing surgery on that instead of trying to make my own connector.... Pm me 👀

Sn4Pz,

badbee

Does anyone know the name of the power rail system the ghost uses? Is it just thick folded nickel?

I figure I'm better off buying a dead battery of someone and doing surgery on that instead of trying to make my own connector.... Pm me 👀

I've been using the "large" 6.3 mm size from a package of spade connectors and they work OK for ad hoc power hookups. I haven't seen any standard connectors that exactly match their heavy connector blades. The female connectors on the inside are flimsy and I found them too difficult to work with to effectively remount on a home built voltage regulator.

Do you know about the trick for replacing the 18650 cells without damaging the battery housing? It's really easy (with a little luck), look at the posts from a few pages back.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Spade connectors fit great, nice and simple or go down the Ghost/Hopper road and make it nice and complicated with proprietory junk so it fucks up all the time, your choice.

badbee

@SquirrelMaster , yeah still playing around, taking my sweet time about it. I've now spent more money buying electronics bits and pieces than a new Ghost would have cost :) But, it keeps me off the streets.

@LesPlenty , in their defense it's worth mentioning that every power tool manufacturer uses a different custom battery system, usually more than one for different model lines. The contact blades are similar.

Summer

Long Island, NY
I just consciously thought about the Ghost when I saw a pic of the AirvapeX Go & realized that it's sleek, futuristic design has influenced other vapes.

I still love my multiple (:p) Ghosts & use & rotate through them regularly. When the batteries fail, I'm gonna use the battery replacement hack. I have 2 chargers on hand & I believe (🙏) my missing 2 are in storage. I hope at least 1 of my vapes continues to function for the next 4 - 5 years. I'll be a happy camper. Would love to hear if you guys are still enjoying yours or you have moved on to ... ahumm... the Tiny might. :razz: :lol: (Laughing not only for the obvious, but it's the 1st time in 3 years that I ever used this wretched :razz: smiley. :lol:)

badbee

Hey Summer, I didn't expect this thread to pop backup. I'm still using my MV1 most days, really a great vape when it is working as designed. The battery replacement hack really saved this vape for me and I'll be sad when it finally dies.

I was super tempted by the TinyMight, almost ordered it in June but held off. Now I'm seeing a lot of complaints about lack of customer service and failure to respond to warranty claims. Until it becomes clear that the warranty will be reliably honored I'll hold off. My guess is the owner is struggling with operating at scale and we'll have to see whether he develops the necessary business skills to make it work.

The Splinter Z, and occasionally the VapCap, will need to continue as my alternate devices.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Hey guys, this vape might be dead, but I still wanted to share my review on it, I held from doing it for a long time, but felt that I really want to express my thoughts, even though people might not care anymore :p
So here it goes...

My Ghost MV1 review

Ever since the MV1 first came out, I was skeptical, I found many things to be potential issues, and I was pretty critical when it came to the MV1, I expressed my discomforts in the early days of this thread.
So now you ask yourself, how come I have a MV1?
Well the reason was, one hit.
That's all it took.
A friend who usually asks my opinion, did not take it and bought the MV1, he came to me with it and offered me a hit, I took a massive hit and was super thrilled, coming from an Arizer Solo II, this was a game changer for me, something much more in line with the Cloud EVO.
At the end of the day, the most important thing for me, it the vapor production and quality, which in that amazing hit, was just perfect, the MV1 can deliver great hits, really, a true gem.
Unfortunately, a year after, I still struggle getting consistent results, and it is very much frustrating, lets go back here later on.

When a vape is good, I can overlook maintenance "issues", for me the MV1 is annoying to maintain, the metal screen lid gets clogged easily, using the poker to open the small circles is one of the most annoying things to do, the rest however, is not as annoying or hard but still.
The dispenser is a must have and it makes this vaporizer feel much more dynamic and not hard to use outdoors, if you plan ahead and pack the dispenser, then you can vaporize quite a lot outdoors, easily switching chambers.
While the Solo is much easier to load,etc, the outdoor aspect is lacking.
The battery life is pretty good, having a 2nd one is a must and having the fast charger is also a must IMO.
But paying so much for it? not a cool move, I would include the charger price in the overall unit price when compared to other vapes.

Now to the worst part, the latch door...which also leads to the best part about the MV1, the customer service.
The latch issue is a really bad thing, it happened twice to me, the 2nd time was right after Ghost shutdown, so I'm now stuck with a half proper MV1, I have to hold the door in order to use it, but at least it works.
The customer support from Ghost was just amazing, but could it have been its downfall?
They shipped a new unit and sent a voucher to send the old unit, all on them, this is the best customer service I had seen, I guess they had no choice, but I still feel this is a huge thing for us and I salute them.

The only thing left for me to talk about is the vapor itself and how effective is the device.
I have to be honest, one year after, I'm still not sure how to get the best results, I tried packing more and less, and I actually had the best results when over packing, however, the taste will not be as good and stirring is required.
I do feel that stirring is a must on this device.
The thing is, I can really struggle, and sometimes I get one good hit and I'm happy and sometimes, I don't even get that! its so frustrating, I try again and again, and nothing, the AVB doesn't look spent, and this is where its getting extra annoying.

I give up, I power on the Solo II, move the pot from the MV1 to the Solo II and get more clouds!

When I went away for my yearly 2 weeks medical treatment, I took both devices because sometimes I just didn't get any vapor from the MV1.
This is such a shame, when it works, its an amazing device, but usually when I'm on a trip, this device can let me down, which is why I took both MV1 and Solo II again, just a few days ago celebrating my birthday.

So all in all, a great device when it works, but for me, it doesn't work most of the time and I can't wait for the TinyMight to be honest, this vape will retire by then.

stinkytofus

It IS a cloud evo in a portable, thats why i love it lol

First amber hit is delicious
The rest all clouds up to red 2

stinkytofus,

m0sh

It IS a cloud evo in a portable, thats why i love it lol

First amber hit is delicious
The rest all clouds up to red 2

Nah, I wouldn't go that far...I've been using the clouds for maybe 5 years or more? not sure haha

m0sh,

jerri

Today I am going with my wife for shopping and lunch when we are at the Mall she goes in and I stay in the car with stereo on and my mv1 The mv1 is hard to be consistant however after 4 to 5 draws for me it always gives me a Nice buzz Today I am also taking my new xmax qomo its a mini puffco peak this way a few hits on the mv1 then some quick hits on the qomo should be a nice combo for quick fairly discreet vaping then off to lunch with a COLD draft beer

m0sh

Evo uses more buds
Overall better of course

Performance of the ghost is no slouch

Evo can use the same amount of herb and produce far better results in my opinion, it is not even close, the EVO for me is amazing, the MV1 can take a bow :)

m0sh,

jerri

That's not relevant though...
I prefer vaping at home anyways, to each is own.
For me home is king in my room at my desk or on my front porch however when out and about with the wife the mv1 works good for quick hits and Good effects my basis is compared to the other vapes I use pax2 avant rift tera 3 avant vleaf go

jerri,
Reactions: m0sh

m0sh

For me home is king in my room at my desk or on my front porch however when out and about with the wife the mv1 works good for quick hits and Good effects my basis is compared to the other vapes I use pax2 avant rift tera 3 avant vleaf go

That I can agree, I just wish it worked better for me, I will load it up now :D

m0sh,

Ripstar

This use to be my favorite vape until the latch door issue. Watched the video on how to fix it and said "nope, not going to try". Is it as hard as it looks and does it 100% fix the issue.

Ripstar,
The charging port on my battery has broke again. This is the 2nd one . I came on here to find ghost had shut down .... So I figured I could order a fast charger but they are not available anywhere. Anyone have any ideas how I can get a fast charger or try and fix my battery pack? The micro-usb port just got pushed in and won’t charge but a fast charger would still work. Anyone selling one?

badbee

There aren't many vape stores still selling new Ghost accessories but you might find one with determined searching. Try r/EntExchange on Reddit, I see Ghost postings every few weeks (used to be far more). There are a lot of people with dead MV1's who might like to make some money on parts, you just have to get their attention.

You can also use an external charger and the battery cell replacement hack that can be found earlier in this thread . This isn't ideal because opening the housing is a bit of a pain and it will likely get too loose if opened regularly.

Edit: I happened to be over on Reddit and found the link to Ghost accessories on sale including a fast charger: https://www.reddit.com/r/EntExchange/comments/iiz1ys . I hope posting this is OK, not my sale, I have no idea of seller's reliability.

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
Like badbee said, keep an eye on reddit for a fast charger. Find the posts in this thread (search backwards for posts with pics) showing how to open up the battery pack as you may be able to reposition the USB to get it to function again.

Top Bottom