Discontinued Ghost MV1

kiddvudu2

Hey all, new here but have been reading the forums for a while.

I’m considering trading my Mighty for a new Stealth MV1, but I just want to hear some unbiased opinions about the device before committing to the deal.

For a bit of background, my current rotation consists of a Firefly 2+, Mighty and Omnivap. I also have a Crafty that rarely gets used (I’d use this for sessions in future if I trade the Mighty).
Each of these serves a different purpose to me, but the majority of the time I microdose a bowl from the FF2+ over a few hours, and this suits me perfectly.

I’ve been interested in the MV1 for a while now, however I’ve never pulled the trigger as I wasn’t sure if it could offer me anything new compared to my current line-up. What is it about the Ghost that stands out?

I’m also interested in hearing how your experiences have been with the device. I see a lot of mixed feelings being posted online. For long term users, how’s the reliability/performance consistency been?

Also, as I have an iPhone I won’t be able to download the app. Does anyone know if the two custom temperature settings are preset at higher than 200°C?
Do your homework regarding the stealth edition. There are known issues regarding the latch and the black coating peeling. It's all covered under warranty, but if you want to avoid a potential issue...

It's an excellent device as far as I'm concerned. It's my daily driver. If I had to choose some favorite attributes I'd include cool, smooth, flavorful vapor, precise control (with app), and I think it's easy to maintain once u get to know it.

Screenshot-20200308-134209.png

Vaponatic

I use my Mighty more than my Ghost, as overall it’s just easier and more consistent. I have several Mightys and wouldn’t give them up for anything.

However....since you mentioned microdosing with the FF, it’s worth noting that the thing the Ghost really excels at, in my experience, is small loads. You can use very small amounts, drop them loosely into a crucible, and get great hits and great vapor. In fact I’d say the MV1 does a better job with small, loosely packed loads than any portable I’ve ever used. It’s my go-to vape for a small short session, or when I just want maybe three really big hits instead of a Mighty session.

The Ghost has its pluses and minuses but damn is it remarkably effective and efficient with small amounts. It can be a little tricky and temperamental compared to the Mighty (but what isn’t?) but since you use the FF you’re used to a bit of inconsistency. If you’re looking for small loads delivered on-demand I don’t know of a better portable. It’s the only vape I own other than the Mighty that I use daily.

Thanks for the reply. It does sound like the MV1 would be a great fit for me, and my Crafty should substitute my Mighty fairly well, so I think I will go for it.

Do your homework regarding the stealth edition. There are known issues regarding the latch and the black coating peeling. It's all covered under warranty, but if you want to avoid a potential issue...

It's an excellent device as far as I'm concerned. It's my daily driver. If I had to choose some favorite attributes I'd include cool, smooth, flavorful vapor, precise control (with app), and I think it's easy to maintain once u get to know it.

Screenshot-20200308-134209.png

Thanks, I’ve heard about the issues with the stealth edition so I’ll be careful with the unit.

Glad to see that it’s reliable enough to be your daily driver. I don’t see it becoming mine, but I’m looking forward to trying it out. I’m envisioning it becoming the pseudo-desktop/bong of my vaporisers.

Also, thanks for the temp range. I wasn’t sure if they were pre-programmed in or not :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Djsleepy

Thanks, I’ve heard about the issues with the stealth edition so I’ll be careful with the unit.

Glad to see that it’s reliable enough to be your daily driver. I don’t see it becoming mine, but I’m looking forward to trying it out. I’m envisioning it becoming the pseudo-desktop/bong of my vaporisers.

Also, thanks for the temp range. I wasn’t sure if they were pre-programmed in or not :)

I use as a medical daily driver and everyone here can attest how much I love my MV1! for me there is nothing that medicates like it. I know you will love it, if you have questions.come back here we all help each other...Welcome to the party!

badbee

I’m also interested in hearing how your experiences have been with the device.

@Dicoded, I think the best way to judge is by what device people use day to day. The Ghost is my main and preferred vape by a wide margin. I make comments about it that might not seem entirely positive only because this vape is close to being perfect and I can see that it wouldn't be too hard to fix those few minor issues.

There are two in my house, one was purchased in 2017 for my wife to use for CBD to combat chronic pain. I bought one of my own on Black Friday 2019 (that was a smoking good deal). Both work perfectly with no peeling and no door issues. I bought a satin silver but the choice was really "anything but a Stealth" due to that models known issues. I would recommend avoiding the Stealth. We are very light users compared to many folks.

I started vaping with a VapCap but don't love the hot tight draw and the manual heating. It gets used occasionally, typically when I've forgotten to charge batteries. Next up for me is a regular Splinter V2 and a Splinter Z. These are great vapes, easy to use and clean but again really hot. Interestingly the Z with its bigger heater puts less heat into my lungs. I discovered that low temps taste better but faster and hotter gets the vapor out of the flower with less net heat going into the lungs (cause total heat energy is temp and air volume together, not just temp). They are hot with a long XL8TR stem and basically unusable, for me, with a regular short stem. Dipping the stem in ice water around draw 3-4 helps but is a nuisance and will likely lead to cracking. I must be extra sensitive to heat.

My Ghost is preferred and used 10 to 1 compared to the others. It's mostly about the cooling, I actually think the first couple of hits on the Splinters taste better but then the stem gets hot and stops cooling. Overall Ghost wins on convenience (I don't mind crucibles), loose draw, heat, and taste. The heat sink\exchanger design is super clever but they need to come out with a V2 that fixes the known issues and solve their supply problems.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
@Dicoded, I think the best way to judge is by what device people use day to day.
I do agree with this. I have some issues with the Ghost (been meaning to write a detailed review for months now....guess I'm just too stoned to bother! :lol:) and some things I love about it. But other than the Mighty, it's the only vape I use nearly every day. That alone tells me I must like it quite a bit, or else it'd be gathering dust with the other vapes in my house that I may like or admire but, apparently, don't find all that useful.

kiddvudu2

Yo @Djsleepy, we have a gorgeous spring day here in beautiful Michigan! So nice out that I couldn't help but take advantage of a few extra moments to enjoy a back-to-back crucible session just now. 345 is where it's currently "at" for me!

How's the weather in ur spot?

kiddvudu2,

Djsleepy

Yo @Djsleepy, we have a gorgeous spring day here in beautiful Michigan! So nice out that I couldn't help but take advantage of a few extra moments to enjoy a back-to-back crucible session just now. 345 is where it's currently "at" for me!

How's the weather in ur spot?

65 degrees and sunny!!!!! About to hit me some Lodi Dodi .....I'll try 345 for you......

Northbear

My Stealth had the issue with the black coating peeling off the heatsink. I was very gentle with it, but started getting little black flakes after 3 months of use. The Stealth actually looks good with the standard silver heatsink, just use the black cap and the darker mouth tube.

That said, the Stealth's door mechanism still isn't as firm as my Satin Silver unit. I tend now to use the Satin Silver most of the time.

The MV1's flavor is the best! It's also suprisingly cool, only matched/exceeded by my other vapes when using glass. I suppose I could get a WPA for the MV1, but that's a lot of fiddling around for little payback.

crudo

Hi Guys, I'm sorry if someone already said it but I just got my Ghost a few days ago and I'm not able to get good hits out of it. I followed everything the Ghost Team suggested in their videos, but not only the hits are very unconsistend, also the AVB is very uneven. I want to love this vape, but right now, its not possible. I hope its just me and you have good Tips for a noob. Thank you <3

crudo,

kiddvudu2

Hi Guys, I'm sorry if someone already said it but I just got my Ghost a few days ago and I'm not able to get good hits out of it. I followed everything the Ghost Team suggested in their videos, but not only the hits are very unconsistend, also the AVB is very uneven. I want to love this vape, but right now, its not possible. I hope its just me and you have good Tips for a noob. Thank you <3
Start by filling a few crucibles with less herb than u think necessary. Like half of what u "want" to put in there. Make sure the herb is not super dried out or overly moist. Nice, slow, even draws for the full 15 second "hit" cycle.

See if u can at least achieve consistent AVB this way. Once u get that satisfaction, u will start to dial in ur technique and can start experimenting with fuller crucibles.

Often an overloaded crucible will not allow the hot air to flow thru all the herb, and where it's all forced to go gets dark spots. And where it's blocked from remains green.

Peese!

Djsleepy

The slower the better the results, make sure heat sink is assembled correctly as well and make sure your product is devoid of stems, they can ruin your crucible.....

crudo

Thank you, I will try this when I get home. I know it might be the wrong place here, but I read so much nice things about the tinymight, that I am a bit afraid, that I might bought the wrong unit for my likes. I wanted something that just works, well but now that I got the Ghost, I am willing to spent time with it and learn how to use it, since I cant afford another vape. If I decide to change, I must sell the Ghost and well, here in Germany its not so easy to sell vape stuff. Or at least, I dont know where.

crudo,
Well, you know I'm dying to tell someone...

The output of the battery is the expected 8.4 V from full charge cells in series (although I did the testing on mine after one crucible and got more like 8.2 V). The Ghost heater draws a little over 5 amps at that voltage while preheating then drops below 2 amps to maintain. I expected the amperage to increase while drawing but it only fluttered a little with my hardest draw. That makes the heater about 45 W, similar to a Splinter Z. I was initially expecting a higher amperage, the battery label specifies 8 amps max, but that would be for cells that are low. I presume this is why performance isn't ideal on low batteries, because it doesn't pull the full 8 amps when it should.

I over built and the 18 gauge wire didn't heat at all. I thought the connector blades would match standard 4.8 mm spade connectors but they are a little wider. The 4.8 mm worked for the male into the battery and 6.3 mm worked for the female on the device side. I didn't try any other sizes and the connectors I bought were really cheap ass, would not buy again.

Has anyone taken pictures of a fully disassembled Ghost? I would love a close up picture of the circuit board to see the power regulation ICs and what kind of micro controller they are using. I wonder if it would be possible to upload the control instructions for transfer to an Arduino board.

My supply is a typical hack of an old computer ATX 400 W supply, you can find instructions online. I still need to finish and close it up.

If anyone reading is interested in electronics I'm having a discussion about voltage regulation with some FC folks here.
I took some pics while changing the latch on the Matte Black Stealth ... I can also take more ! You can message me for more info &/or pics !!

BLACK ICE !!!,
Reactions: kiddvudu2

virgil_GHOST

Company Rep
Company Rep

Hey @Djsleepy !

A customer and now friend of ours made them, he's still setting up shop it seems. The website is https://scoopheads-little-scoops.mybigcommerce.com/ (not yet live) but he's also on Instagram and I'd imagine he can do custom stuff when asked. If you're on IG he's @scoopheads

Cheers,
Virgil from GHOST Vapes
Visit our Support KnowledgeBase for the most accurate information about your MV1 and Accessories+GHOST Vapes KnowledgeBase

Vaponatic

Received my MV1 today, and wow... the finish on the stealth edition is lovely, and the unit is a lot smaller than I originally thought! I can't wait to use this!!

However, I have fallen into a slight predicament. Unfortunately, the fast charger I ordered was missing the UK plug adapter, so I won't be able to use that until the vendor sends me out a replacement. I've placed the battery on charge through the micro USB while I am at work so it will almost be ready when I get home, but due to the long charge time this won't be complete by the time my shift is over. I'm a bit concerned about interrupting this initial charge.

@virgil_GHOST, will interrupting the initial charge and completing it shortly after have any negative impacts on the battery?

Last edited:
Vaponatic,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Marcus

Received my MV1 today, and wow... the finish on the stealth edition is lovely, and the unit is a lot smaller than I originally thought! I can't wait to use this!!

However, I have fallen into a slight predicament. Unfortunately, the fast charger I ordered was missing the UK plug adapter, so I won't be able to use that until the vendor sends me out a replacement. I've placed the battery on charge through the micro USB while I am at work so it will almost be ready when I get home, but due to the long charge time this won't be complete by the time my shift is over. I'm a bit concerned about interrupting this initial charge.

@virgil_GHOST, will interrupting the initial charge and completing it shortly after have any negative impacts on the battery?

I think someone on here used the mighty charger to power the fast charger...? Same voltage I think, I'd look but not at home at the moment.

But grab yourself a travel adapter from the shops on your way home. I use one on mine (I'm UK too).

Hope you enjoy it dude!

Vaponatic

I think someone on here used the mighty charger to power the fast charger...? Same voltage I think, I'd look but not at home at the moment.

But grab yourself a travel adapter from the shops on your way home. I use one on mine (I'm UK too).

Hope you enjoy it dude!

Thanks man, I hope I enjoy it too! I'm used to learning a bit of technique with convection vapes, so I'll be doing some experimenting tonight :D.

Regarding the fast charger... Unfortunately I traded my Mighty for the Ghost, so that's out the question :lol:.
The vendor has set me right though and already sent out a replacement UK adapter, so that will be with me tomorrow. For now I just have to be patient with the slow charging!

virgil_GHOST

Company Rep
Company Rep

This won't cause any damage, no.

@kiddvudu2 @LesPlenty
Initial heat cycle is around ~9 seconds, subsequent heat cycles are shorter because the coils are already hot.

The amount of time between large haptics on herb mode is ~15 seconds. A ~10 draw is sufficient for vapor production.

Concentrate Mode as we know is a bit different because you begin pulling as soon as you engage the vape button. The first draw is ~12 seconds between haptics and ~25 seconds for every draw thereafter.

Vaponatic

This won't cause any damage, no.

@kiddvudu2 @LesPlenty
Initial heat cycle is around ~9 seconds, subsequent heat cycles are shorter because the coils are already hot.

The amount of time between large haptics on herb mode is ~15 seconds. A ~10 draw is sufficient for vapor production.

Concentrate Mode as we know is a bit different because you begin pulling as soon as you engage the vape button. The first draw is ~12 seconds between haptics and ~25 seconds for every draw thereafter.

Thanks @virgil_GHOST!

virgil_GHOST

Company Rep
Company Rep
You're welcome!

Now that you've got your an MV1, please make sure you familiarize yourself with the information in our introductory article here >>> +MV1: Initial Setup

Doing so will ensure that you get the best out of your MV1, and more importantly, your herb.

Cheers,
Virgil from GHOST Vapes
Visit our Support KnowledgeBase for the most accurate information about your MV1 and Accessories +GHOST Vapes KnowledgeBase

Vaponatic

You're welcome!

Now that you've got your an MV1, please make sure you familiarize yourself with the information in our introductory article here >>> +MV1: Initial Setup

Doing so will ensure that you get the best out of your MV1, and more importantly, your herb.

Cheers,
Virgil from GHOST Vapes
Visit our Support KnowledgeBase for the most accurate information about your MV1 and Accessories +GHOST Vapes KnowledgeBase

Believe me, I've been doing a lot of research these past few days. I am ready :cool:

On a slightly unrelated topic... Any news you can share with us iOS users regarding a web-based app?
The pre-set temps should be fine for me, but having a way to delve into the settings is always helpful.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Top Bottom