• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Ghost MV1

Djsleepy

Just pulled the Ghost out for the first time in a few weeks, freshly charged battery off the fast charger. Getting 3 red blinking lights and a bunch of vibes, guess its time for warranty service?

Any suggested home remedies?

I think you locked it....try this

Unlock MV1 Manual Process

* Put MV1 in sleep mode by pressing and holding the power button until the LED flashes

* Press and hold both the power and vape button at the same time for approximately 10 seconds until the LED flashes once again.

If you have app just unlock thru app.

cosimo

Definitely having overheating issues with the MV1. Dunno if I’m just pushing it too hard but after five or six full-length hits on 3 yellows I get the flashing red. If I’m able to get it on 1 red for a couple hits it’ll throw a red within three hits. I’m an iOS user so I can’t do anything via app....any savvy users have any advice? (I’ve had it about a month and the overheating has been pretty consistent.)

Same happens to me... didnt happen during the first month, but now it's the norm after a couple months, even at 1 yellow. Still love my unit, but wish i didnt have to wait for it to cool down after 1 or 2 crucibles... I do notice it happens sooner when it's dirtier or when the weather is hot.
What i do is open the latch and remove the heatsink every chance o get.
BTW, i take very long hits and suspext thats why i get overheating... Im actually able to start inhaling as soon as i press the button and usually manage to last and continue a few seconds after the last buzz.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Im actually able to start inhaling as soon as i press the button
Maybe try doing as the instructions say, wait for the unit to buzz (up to temp) before you inhale, the unit might be getting hotter than it is meant to by your method. Your method is for concentrate use only.:2c:
That said, 3x crucibles at 195c back to back usually has mine hit over temp during the 3rd.:tup:

Jayvape

Unfortunately the oven latch on my MV1 will no longer close. I bought it off of ent exchange so i don't have a receipt, is there any way to get a hold of them without a receipt? Obviously I can't use the warranty, is there anything I can do? Or do I just have to buy a new one

Djsleepy

Unfortunately the oven latch on my MV1 will no longer close. I bought it off of ent exchange so i don't have a receipt, is there any way to get a hold of them without a receipt? Obviously I can't use the warranty, is there anything I can do? Or do I just have to buy a new one

You can reach to them thru here or support ticket on their website......

Djsleepy,
Reactions: LesPlenty

SquirrelMaster

Warranty is non-transferable from what I remember so unless the previous owner didn't register (in which case you can register but if it's past 90 days I don't believe it's a 5 year warranty only a 2/3 year) or they are willing to do the RMA for you then you're probably out of luck unfortunately.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: Summer

Jayvape

I do have it registered, the owner before didn't register it however I don't have a order number for the support ticket

SquirrelMaster

I tried to talk to them using their live chat on their website but they never responded

Well that's odd, I always got fast replies during business hours (Pacific standard time). They should message you or try again during the day if you don't hear anything.

SquirrelMaster,

Jayvape

Holy shit, the new MV1 I bought is amazing. Like I said before, the first one I owned was off of entexchange from a previous owner. That one worked well but with my brand new one I can get a surprising amount of vapor from level 2 versus my pre owned ghost, where I could only get vapor on level 4 or 5. Feeling the effects heavily.

david8613

Holy shit, the new MV1 I bought is amazing. Like I said before, the first one I owned was off of entexchange from a previous owner. That one worked well but with my brand new one I can get a surprising amount of vapor from level 2 versus my pre owned ghost, where I could only get vapor on level 4 or 5. Feeling the effects heavily.

There is way to go into settings, and change something that makes the unit run hotter better, I forget how to go into it. Ghost can elaborate more, it works! It's a dope vaporizer!

david8613,

androponic

vaped.
There is way to go into settings, and change something that makes the unit run hotter better, I forget how to go into it. Ghost can elaborate more, it works! It's a dope vaporizer!
Manual calibration directly affects the temperatures - it’s intended to dial heat up or down. The change is about 8% up/down depending on whether the user selects the higher or lower setting.

TO POWER UP (Run Hotter than Default)

* From sleep mode, triple click both buttons (mode and vape) simultaneously.

* A single amber LED will flash in the middle of the light pipe.

* Press the mode button until the left LED is red

* Wait until the LED goes out and settings are now saved

TO POWER DOWN (Run Cooler than Default)

* Press the mode button until the right LED is green

TO RETURN TO DEFAULT SETTINGS

* Press the mode button until the middle LED is amber

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Manual calibration directly affects the temperatures - it’s intended to dial heat up or down. The change is about 8% up/down depending on whether the user selects the higher or lower setting.

TO POWER UP (Run Hotter than Default)

* Press the mode button until the left LED is red

TO POWER DOWN (Run Cooler than Default)

* Press the mode button until the right LED is green

TO RETURN TO DEFAULT SETTINGS

* Press the mode button until the middle LED is amber

Does this work without the app? Thinking about trying....is there a listing of the temps? I know 390 is Amber 3.....but 8% hotter would make it....421ish? That seems hot!

But if boosting the temp makes 2 more enjoybale that would be dope. Right now, I currently would like it a smidge hotter than 3 Amber, but not quite 410. wish the app worked on iphone lol.

SquirrelMaster

Does this work without the app? Thinking about trying....is there a listing of the temps? I know 390 is Amber 3.....but 8% hotter would make it....421ish? That seems hot!

But if boosting the temp makes 2 more enjoybale that would be dope. Right now, I currently would like it a smidge hotter than 3 Amber, but not quite 410. wish the app worked on iphone lol.
It's all done on the device.

virgil_GHOST

Company Rep
Company Rep

Hello! @Jayvape Thank you for reaching out and for the great update. For future reference, please make sure you tag us in your post by using the @ symbol and then typing virgil_GHOST so that I get an alert that you need my help :) Our official support platform is through our website, here >>> Create new Support Ticket

Please make sure you check your spam/junk or trash email folders as well. If you reached out to us via chat we would have received a notice and would have emailed you.

Cheers,
Virgil from GHOST Vapes
Visit our Support KnowledgeBase for the most accurate information about your MV1 and Accessories+GHOST Vapes KnowledgeBase

Top Bottom