Discontinued Ghost MV1

django7

I think you locked it....try this

Unlock MV1 Manual Process

* Put MV1 in sleep mode by pressing and holding the power button until the LED flashes

* Press and hold both the power and vape button at the same time for approximately 10 seconds until the LED flashes once again.

If you have app just unlock thru app.
I think one of my MV1's just died. It shows all red, unblinking lights. I tried the app, which I still have, and it attempted to reset the vape, saying it was stuck in update mode. But it errored out and failed to reset. So I guess it's time for an RMA, unless you know how to unstick it?

Djsleepy

I think one of my MV1's just died. It shows all red, unblinking lights. I tried the app, which I still have, and it attempted to reset the vape, saying it was stuck in update mode. But it errored out and failed to reset. So I guess it's time for an RMA, unless you know how to unstick it?

go into app and see if it's unlocked

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have a similar problem, flashing yellow and stuck on Pairing...how many minutes should it take to pair? I knew I should not have hit the update tab as it was working fine before. Now I can't even use it.
I take out the battery and it just flashes yellow outside then in, I uninstalled then reinstalled the app and it now just sits saying Pairing... with the yellow LEDs going from side to side, can @ghostvapesofficial shed any light or anyone else?

kiddvudu2

Have you guys tried going through that extended process that was sent out by Ghost and then resent by a couple of us along the way? I'm going to see if I can dig it up and I will repost it again.

EDIT (here it is):

Try this, Virgil from Ghost posted it before.

Please try as best you can to follow these steps in order. Any deviation from this sequence (as tedious/arbitrary as it may sound) will affect results.

1. Delete/uninstall the GHOST App
2. Re-install GHOST app
3. Remove battery from MV1 and re-insert (this essentially resets the device)

Next ...

PAIR TO THE APP
(1) Make sure bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device
(2) Open the GHOST app
(3) Click the icon in the top left corner > Remove all vapes currently connected (if necessary)
(4) Turn on your MV1
(5) Press and Hold the home and vape button down at the same time for 3 seconds to search for app (even though it still might be flashing yellow lights).
(6) A notification will pop up on the app saying that it's stuck and needs to reset
(7) Click okay and reset the device (Reset vape via app takes 60 seconds to complete)
(8) Put MV1 in pair mode > Pair to app

**** If pairing is unsuccessful ****

(1) Remove battery and re-insert battery
(2) Turn device on
(3) Put device in pairing mode

**** Once paired, if there's a firmware update, you will get a prompt ****

UPDATE FIRMWARE
(1) Click on the icon in the top right corner
(2) Your MV1 will be displayed at the top of the next page; click on it
(3) If a firmware update is available, you'll see a (1) next to "Firmware Update"
(4) Click on "Firmware Update";
(5) During update unit will display 1 Amber LED moving side to side; update completes in 60 seconds
(6) Once done unit will flash 1 solid red LED 3x.
(7) Put MV1 in sleep mode > pair to the app

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I tried that from the site but no luck, I managed to get it to pair in the end but I had to have my Bluetooth on my phone turned off then opened the app and gave permission for the app to open bluetooth. As I hit the Allow tab on the app I pressed both buttons on the vape and the app then put up a prompt saying...Update Interrupted (or similar) before letting me fix like the above says from point 6 of pair to the app.
Bit of a drama but all sorted now.:tup:
How are you going with yours @django7

Djsleepy

I tried that from the site but no luck, I managed to get it to pair in the end but I had to have my Bluetooth on my phone turned off then opened the app and gave permission for the app to open bluetooth. As I hit the Allow tab on the app I pressed both buttons on the vape and the app then put up a prompt saying...Update Interrupted (or similar) before letting me fix like the above says from point 6 of pair to the app.
Bit of a drama but all sorted now.:tup:
How are you going with yours @django7

Fantastic! Sounds like a pile of......

juanavape

Am I missing the elephant in the room here ? A vaporizer with only one battery and no spare (ever ?) available. The VAS is strong for one of these and I probably would have bought one by now but just can't justify not being able to replace or have a spare power source. It's been quite a while now, will they ever be available, if not I consider the Ghost just a ghost of a vaporizer.........

juanavape,

martinstraka8282

Am I missing the elephant in the room here ? A vaporizer with only one battery and no spare (ever ?) available. The VAS is strong for one of these and I probably would have bought one by now but just can't justify not being able to replace or have a spare power source. It's been quite a while now, will they ever be available, if not I consider the Ghost just a ghost of a vaporizer.........
The battery situation is certainly weird. They've been unavailable for way too long. They had those insane sale prices recently too. The firmware update promised seems to have vanished as well. Makes it seem like they're either moving to a new model soon or going under, which would be a shame.

It's kind of similar to the numerous other devices out there like say a Mighty or Crafty that only have the internal battery, but not being able to buy new ones ever certainly puts an expiry date on the product.

SquirrelMaster

Someone smart should 3d print a case that would hold 2 18650 batteries and it could plop right in there where the original oem battery would go. It would be an awesome mv1 accessory and many would buy it.
It would need the protection chip that is wired with the cells. Someone opened up a pack recently in this thread and it looks really simple except for that chip.

martinstraka8282

I would be all over a battery pack that could have 18650's swapped. In a heartbeat I would buy such a thing.

It's one thing to buy in to a cheap device with proprietary batteries. It's a consumable and life will go on. My CFX will one day die, and at the $140 cdn I spent with only one accessory, that's okay with me.

It's a harder bargain when you were one of the highest priced products in a saturated market and your product basically requires numerous overpriced accessories. Are the batteries going to last long enough that you don't feel burned? I spent about $550 cdn for the total package and I'd like ~5 years for that personally, but I think that's probably too much to expect based on how my batteries behave after only a year and a few months.

django7

Djsleepy

Ahh! Well I had 3 solid reds, which is a coil failure according to that list.

I have wondered about the coil. It’s not user replaceable I suppose. That was one of the few things the Haze Square got right, lol.

It's either coil fail or pcb overheat imo like you said according to codes

Remember there were issues with the square and pcb overheating, caused unit to go all over the place with regards to temps......mine was eating coils it was running so hot lol

Last edited:

badbee

Is there anyone on the thread with an old dead battery they are willing to sell cheap? I've posted a few places and can't find a battery, in any state, to buy. I am thinking of carefully cutting the case open and wiring in a connector socket so power can be supplied from an external 4.2V DC source. Let me know if you have one. I'll report back on my success\failure.

I really like using my MV1 but the battery issue is a pain. I rarely take it out so having a cord would be fine.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
A vaporizer with only one battery and no spare
Like Crafty, Mighty, Solo2, F2, Edge and others.:2c:

but not being able to buy new ones ever certainly puts an expiry date on the product.
Looks like an easy job to swap the batteries once they die.:tup:

It's one thing to buy in to a cheap device with proprietary batteries.
My Ghost was US$125...

I am thinking of carefully cutting the case open a
You might get lucky and get a battery case that just pops open as was the case with another member not long ago.:myday:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Spent far too long researching on demand small portable units. I was ready to buy the Ghost MV1 after two nights of reading reviews, videos and owners in multiple forums. But I think I’m going to wait and see.

Current price on Ghost website as of this post was $199.00, and you get a free jar, unfortunately not the crucible case. I remember a previous sale some folks were able to grab, that was a great deal, if I recall $125.00, crucible case, fast charger, free shipping. At that price, and considering all the great posts regarding their warranty and customer service, it would be a low risk purchase. But the price is not what worries me. Obviously when one sees a product have such large price swings, even for special sales, it’s possible a newer model is coming? And one always hopes a newer version would be better, in whatever ways, but companies rarely if ever reveal a new product beforehand, and with current stock still on the shelves. But it is a odd sign that I could not find the additional battery or charger on their site. Now I’ve read they claim out of stock, well for such a long time, and no mention of this on their site, or a placeholder page, showing these accessories as “out of stock”.

Those are just some concerns I have, having spent a lot of time in the ECig world, I’m very familiar with companies both big and small having plated or painted or coatings chip off, and yes often on the “black” versions, mods and atomizers. But new products in the ECig world, mostly Chinese imports, get released almost daily, and folks move on to the next device, and the manufacturers either learn from the mistake and find a better way to improve them, switch sources, or just don’t care. The fact that the many reports of the black chambers “flaking” their finish, even after being replaced are still continuing after quite a while along with the mysterious “breaking” latches, but only on the all blackout model, are more reasons I’m now hesitant. I’ve seen a lot of companies with a small product lineup come and go. I hope that’s not the fate for Ghost. I’ll sit on the sidelines a bit more. Out of all the similar products that I researched, the MV1 came closest to my needs, but I’m not in a hurry. Hope they can sort it all out. Getting my NV WeedEater in two days, I think I’ll be ok!

martinstraka8282

Looks like an easy job to swap the batteries once they die.:tup:

My Ghost was US$125...
Ya, it is easy and having two is nice, but there's been supply issues and the batteries are pricey on their own. Unless you're referring to opening the battery pack and replacing internals?

Good point, that $125 sale was killer and the price has dropped significantly since I bought in. I would not have the same criticism at the price you paid and do like the function of it a lot.

martinstraka8282,
Reactions: LesPlenty

virgil_GHOST

Company Rep
Company Rep
Hi All!

I update our support Knowledgebase often and just wanted you all to have the most accurate troubleshooting information for the bootloader/update difficulty issue. The articles are updated often because sometimes a new customer will write in with a new angle and nuance to an old problem and in that I find an improvement to the old method of troubleshooting. Here it is folks:

+MV1: Update Difficulty

Cheers,
Virgil from GHOST Vapes
Visit our Support KnowledgeBase for the most accurate information about your MV1 and Accessories +GHOST Vapes KnowledgeBase

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Hi All!

I update our support Knowledgebase often and just wanted you all to have the most accurate troubleshooting information for the bootloader/update difficulty issue. The articles are updated often because sometimes a new customer will write in with a new angle and nuance to an old problem and in that I find an improvement to the old method of troubleshooting. Here it is folks:

+MV1: Update Difficulty

Cheers,
Virgil from GHOST Vapes
Visit our Support KnowledgeBase for the most accurate information about your MV1 and Accessories +GHOST Vapes KnowledgeBase

I know you’ve heard this before, but with NO IOS App available anymore (Apples new policy), your company needs a MAC/Windows computer program. Since you don’t need an app to use the device, (you just can’t set your own custom temp in presets #4 & #5), that’s no big deal to me, though a small computer program would do the job. Though, since the Ghost can only communicate via Bluetooth, it’s not as user friendly as DATA over USB cable, but most computers these days have a built in Bluetooth chip.

BIGGEST issue with NO IOS app, UPDATING the FIRMWARE.

Now that should be no big deal, though I don’t know what type of chipset you folks have in a ghost. And from what I gather so far is, at the development phase of the product, you folks went all in, on app based control, and Bluetooth. And your USB cord is ONLY a charger cord. Obviously, no one knew that Apple would be banning vape apps. So that is probably at this point, a hardware issue on this current model.

It’s probably too late for this particular Ghost model, but there has been years of ECig Mods and products that have simple firmware update ability. Even inexpensive mods often come with this capability. These devices mostly use a standard USB connection for both CHARGING and DATA. Normally, these companies have a tiny little program you can download to your computer that installs the latest firmware version, while the device is connected via the USB cable. More expensive mods, like ones with Evolves DNA chipsets, can even connect the device to their site and detect if there is a new firmware version. The thing all these ECig devices have, they are all less expensive then the Ghost MV1.

If you folks decide to make an updated model of the Ghost at some point, the things I’ve mentioned are points to consider. Also, even though a bit more costly, using a chipset like Evolve DNA (USA company), or YiHi (Chinese based), for accurate temperature control, first it would solve many of the issues users reported with temperature variations and secondly, it would put the product on another level. A real LCD screen with the ability to easily control all settings. I have a bunch of below $100 mods that have had all these abilities for years now.

As far as repeated reports of broken crucible door latches on MATT BLACK model. It’s not confidence inspiring that your vendors engineers with all the “returns” in hand, can’t figure out the problem, I can only sympathize, but find it very ODD.

As far as finishes (heatsink) chipping off that are “possibly” in the air path, well that’s #1 health issue to solve. Perhaps a better source for that process. I’ve seen this finish flake off a bunch of times on both Mods and atomizers, mostly Chinese, since they make everything now. If the vendor can’t make the finish non flake, and you don’t find a better shop, then simply stop including a black heatsink. I prefer the all black model, but not if I’m never sure if I could potentially be breathing anything bad. Customer health safety is #1 priority.

All the above are just my opinions, I would like to see your products, and company do well. Good luck!

virgil_GHOST

Company Rep
Company Rep
I know you’ve heard this before, but with NO IOS App available anymore (Apples new policy), your company needs a MAC/Windows computer program. Since you don’t need an app to use the device, (you just can’t set your own custom temp in presets #4 & #5), that’s no big deal to me, though a small computer program would do the job. Though, since the Ghost can only communicate via Bluetooth, it’s not as user friendly as DATA over USB cable, but most computers these days have a built in Bluetooth chip.

BIGGEST issue with NO IOS app, UPDATING the FIRMWARE.

Now that should be no big deal, though I don’t know what type of chipset you folks have in a ghost. And from what I gather so far is, at the development phase of the product, you folks went all in, on app based control, and Bluetooth. And your USB cord is ONLY a charger cord. Obviously, no one knew that Apple would be banning vape apps. So that is probably at this point, a hardware issue on this current model.

It’s probably too late for this particular Ghost model, but there has been years of ECig Mods and products that have simple firmware update ability. Even inexpensive mods often come with this capability. These devices mostly use a standard USB connection for both CHARGING and DATA. Normally, these companies have a tiny little program you can download to your computer that installs the latest firmware version, while the device is connected via the USB cable. More expensive mods, like ones with Evolves DNA chipsets, can even connect the device to their site and detect if there is a new firmware version. The thing all these ECig devices have, they are all less expensive then the Ghost MV1.

If you folks decide to make an updated model of the Ghost at some point, the things I’ve mentioned are points to consider. Also, even though a bit more costly, using a chipset like Evolve DNA (USA company), or YiHi (Chinese based), for accurate temperature control, first it would solve many of the issues users reported with temperature variations and secondly, it would put the product on another level. A real LCD screen with the ability to easily control all settings. I have a bunch of below $100 mods that have had all these abilities for years now.

As far as repeated reports of broken crucible door latches on MATT BLACK model. It’s not confidence inspiring that your vendors engineers with all the “returns” in hand, can’t figure out the problem, I can only sympathize, but find it very ODD.

As far as finishes (heatsink) chipping off that are “possibly” in the air path, well that’s #1 health issue to solve. Perhaps a better source for that process. I’ve seen this finish flake off a bunch of times on both Mods and atomizers, mostly Chinese, since they make everything now. If the vendor can’t make the finish non flake, and you don’t find a better shop, then simply stop including a black heatsink. I prefer the all black model, but not if I’m never sure if I could potentially be breathing anything bad. Customer health safety is #1 priority.

All the above are just my opinions, I would like to see your products, and company do well. Good luck!

Thank you @RustyOldNail ... If you all don't already know, we take notes from you guys, our customers. We're hard at work with the goal of making you guys, people that have invested in us and support us, proud that you made that decision. All of the feedback, negative or positive, we bring it to the table. We've been in business long enough to know that when someone takes their time to tell us how they feel about us, it means they care and it can only help us make better choices as we move forward.

We're lucky that our leaders at GHOST value customer service and empower us to treat everyone as we would want to be treated as consumers ourselves. That is very rare for a company. We know we're nothing without our customers and we plan on again making you guys proud to do business with us.

Yours humbly,
Virgil from GHOST Vapes
Visit our Support KnowledgeBase for the most accurate information about your MV1 and Accessories+GHOST Vapes KnowledgeBase

Top Bottom