• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Ghost MV1

SquirrelMaster

@Jayvape
AVB with the Ghost can be funny. If you're feeling the effects then don't worry about it.
I get the best results at lower temperatures (yellow 3 is the highest I go lately) with nice long draws, a medium grind (BCG), no tamp just fill then tap the crucible to settle and scrape off any over the top. I have no need to stir and my AVB is evenly roasted. Higher temps seem to mess with AVB on my experience so this is what works best for me to avoid stirring.

kiddvudu2

Hello, I'm having trouble getting an even extraction. I'm running the device hotter than usual as well, instead of at default. This first pic is my abv after 5 hits; I took three, then roated 180 degrees and had two more https://imgur.com/a/wVhQXIA I loaded another crucible, hers is my abv after 5 hits; https://imgur.com/a/JkDA6eX I took two hits at level 3, 1 hit at level 4, and then rotated the crucible 180 degrees, and had two more hits at level 5. I got good vapor and effects from them, I'm just confused because there is still so much green left. How can I get even brown abv, I don't use my abv so I'd rather get the most I can out of it.

Modnote: Edited to display imgur links
None of that looks "un-vaped" to me. I agree that it is slightly uneven, but it's not like any of it is not getting roasted. I would try what @SquirrelMaster suggests and fill the crucible a little looser, and try temps closer to the 400 range with full 15-second slow-even draws. But I also concur with him that I wouldn't worry that much about it as long as you are getting vapor production and effects and your AVB doesn't have any completely unroasted material in it.

Peese!

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Hello, I'm having trouble getting an even extraction. I'm running the device hotter than usual as well, instead of at default. This first pic is my abv after 5 hits; I took three, then roated 180 degrees and had two more https://imgur.com/a/wVhQXIA I loaded another crucible, hers is my abv after 5 hits; https://imgur.com/a/JkDA6eX I took two hits at level 3, 1 hit at level 4, and then rotated the crucible 180 degrees, and had two more hits at level 5. I got good vapor and effects from them, I'm just confused because there is still so much green left. How can I get even brown abv, I don't use my abv so I'd rather get the most I can out of it.
Even with multiple stirs, it's impossible to achieve really even extraction with this vape in my experience. It's not really a fault of the vape...it's one of the exigencies of pure convection heating. Since the weed is heated by hot air moving over the material, it's subject to uneven browning depending on where and how fast, and how hot, the moving air is flowing. Just one of the downsides of convection IMO.

joner

Even with multiple stirs, it's impossible to achieve really even extraction with this vape in my experience. It's not really a fault of the vape...it's one of the exigencies of pure convection heating. Since the weed is heated by hot air moving over the material, it's subject to uneven browning depending on where and how fast, and how hot, the moving air is flowing. Just one of the downsides of convection IMO.

I have to respectfully provide my experience regarding this statement. I take my first two rips without stirring at heat level 2 then 3 (sometimes 1 then 2, depending how dank my bud is), then stir, then temp step, stirring after each hit, up to heat level 5, and it's usually cached by then. If the strain seems to like the higher temps I will also bump up a calibration to continue if I have to.

So it's generally 1 hit per heat level, stirring after the second and each subsequent hit. But I flip the load each time I stir, as that hot air is just coming up through from the bottom. I get very even light brown AVB this way, and can take it as dark as I want really, while remaining even. When I try to just disrupt by tapping the crucible and rotate in between hits, that's when I get the uneven AVB.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I just flip the MVI upside down and that has a similar effect, allowing a good couple of extra pulls without having to open the door,

I don't understand how flipping it upside down would do anything?

Or, are you flipping the crucible, which if I'm understanding correctly @joner says he does.

I get uneven ABV with this, sometimes it barely looks vaped, good effects tho! I will have to try flipping the crucible. I don't stir nor would I like too tbh

joner

I might break down and attempt to upload a pic or 2. Not good at it. But I can achieve even AVB pretty much every crucible without stirring. The vape works great, just needs some quality time.

I agree @kiddvudu2 , definitely a great vape.....I think it's my favorite portable (besides my Dyna, but Dynavap is kinda in it's own realm lol - it's just like a given that I'm going to vape 6-8 dynabowls a day and mix my other vapes in). I do have a hard time acheiving even AVB without stirring, which I don't mind at all. But then again, I don't know how often I've tried achieving even AVB w/o stirring; I do take big, long, slow rips which convection heating seems to like, but also seems to vape bowls to completion quickly, without a stir/break-up.

Maybe I'll try to maximize avb evenness w/o stirring again.....just to see if I can! To the moon!

SquirrelMaster

I might break down and attempt to upload a pic or 2. Not good at it. But I can achieve even AVB pretty much every crucible without stirring. The vape works great, just needs some quality time.

I'm in in the same boat, no stirring and even AVB. I'll pull out my MV1 tonight and replicate it if the cold ass weather (-40°C/F with wind) permits and then I'll take some pictures.

mitchgo61

. I get very even light brown AVB this way,
I'm in in the same boat, no stirring and even AVB. I'll pull out my MV1 tonight and replicate it if the cold ass weather (-40°C/F with wind) permits and then I'll take some pictures.
I see lots of pix with very light brown ABV and folks declaring victory on the "even extraction" front based on these.

True, they look evenly extracted. They also look about 30-40% extracted to my eyes. Yes, if I want to toss my weed at less than half extraction, lots of convection vapes will deliver a reasonable facsimile of evenness. If you want to really get north of 80% extraction though, which is what I aim for, it's extremely difficult to achieve with this or any convection vape short of constant stirring. I'd love to be proven wrong though....if someone has pictures of evenly very dark ABV they achieved with the MV1, I'd love to hear about it. I can almost pull this off, if I stir like almost every hit. But in general, convection stinks at even extraction, which is why some people appreciate at least some of the qualities of conduction. (And why the Mighty is so awesome, using a hybrid model as effectively as it does.)

SquirrelMaster

@mitchgo61

I remember someone on reddit said 3 MV1 crucibles gets them higher than 3 Dynavap bowls and I was skeptical, so being a man of science I had to check for myself.

I noticed my Dynavap AVB is always really dark and I had this in my mind when checking, assuming that it would be a wash between them for overall effects. Now of course there are a lot of variables from one day to the next but with the same strain and same amounts my MV1 "felt" like it got me higher.

At the very least the MV1 does just as good of a job IMO even though the resulting AVB may paint a different picture. I feel like I have the MV1 down pat though now.

Last edited:
@mitchgo61

I remember someone on reddit said 3 MV1 crucibles gets them higher than 3 Dynavap bowls and I was skeptical, so being a man of science I had to check for myself.

I noticed my Dynavap AVB is always really dark and I had this in my mind when checking, assuming that it would be a wash between them for overall effects. Now of course there are a lot of variables from one day to the next but with the same strain and same amounts my MV1 "felt" like it got me higher.

At the very least the MV1 does just as good of a job IMO even though the resulting AVB may paint a different picture. I feel like I have the MV1 down pat though now.
I noticed much of the same last night ... I use a dental induction heater from Amazon & A glass insert from ddavemod for the induction heater to use with the Dynavap (allows you to let it sit until it clicks)... I save my abv from the ghost 2 use for a rainy day in the Dynavap ... I believe the Ghost hits harder because it's pretty air tight when closed up for use ! The Dynavap when heated you can see vapor coming out ... If I hold the induction heater upright, like a vapor cup with the Dynavap being the straw & inhale while it's being heated before the click I lose no vapor ... I get more flavor & much better effects !!! But i must say the Ghost at least last night did hit way harder than the Dynavap ... But they are almost equal in effects if you inhale the Dynavap like you would the Ghost ... I think the way the vapor is inhaled almost makes for an edible type feeling because ... The vapor is literally going way past your lungs & into your stomach/intestines when inhaled long enough !!!

mitchgo61

@mitchgo61

Absolutely. One vape's dark brown is another's medium brown with regard to effects. But I think in any vape that gets to or above 210C, a dark brown extraction is definitely possible (and though I'm not all that stingy with my weed, I like to extract most of the good stuff if I can), albeit with varying levels of brown-ness.

The Ghost is like a lot of convection vapes in that those first four or five hits are superb (more so with the MV1 than many other vapes IME), and you have to work your ass off to get the next 12 or 15 or whatever. But for sure the MV1 excels at deep, thick, hard-hitting vapor in the first half-ish of a load, and for many people that alone makes it a very useful and satisfying vape. (My original point to the OP on this subject was just basically "hey, you're not alone in having uneven extractions with the Ghost", but I guess we've gotten a little far afield here...:p)

kiddvudu2

As promised,

L2R: 392, 381, 365
MVIMG-20200116-191753.jpg

All with six full draws. The 392 was the last one and the vapor was so thick I had a hard time even starting the 6th draw. I could definitely turn it black if I wanted to go above 400, I've done it and I just don't like the taste.

EDIT: I will do one at 415 tomorrow and post the picture. Not tonight though, lol!

Peese!

Djsleepy

Kudos to @ghostvapesofficial for being upfront about stealth latch defect on faq's on website here is what they wrote

Modified on: Fri, 3 Jan, 2020 at 2:01 PM

The latch breakage defect is a known issue specific to the Stealth model and is covered by the warranty. We are happy to send you a replacement device and arrange for the return of the broken unit. If you have a Stealth with a broken latch, please create a support ticket and provide the following information:

1.) Order number or Retailer name
2.) Serial Number of your MV1 - You can find it on the box, or behind the unit when you remove the battery
3.) Contact information for shipping (Full Name, Ship-to address & Phone number)

4.) If you would prefer a a different finish for the replacement, please indicate your choice of Black Chrome, Satin Silver, Nickel, or Rose Gold.

They even mention offering different color if wanted...

I know my usage is hard on these latches, and imo all of them are susceptible to going out with time, heat, opening/closing.....but this will for sure be fixed.for MV2 and in the meantime we can enjoy our MV1's!!!!!!!

Djsleepy

Be sure to clean every week

I'm a recent ultrasonic cleaner buyer, and it does an incredible job of getting everything cleaned out with ease.....and if you have other vapes say with glass....no problem... all the nooks and crannies come out crystal clear.....for more with links check out the ultrasonic cleaner thread.....

hope it helps......

EDIT: New Eminem + Agent Orange + MV1= kick a** evening, one of his best so far imo....

Last edited:

mitchgo61

Definitely having overheating issues with the MV1. Dunno if I’m just pushing it too hard but after five or six full-length hits on 3 yellows I get the flashing red. If I’m able to get it on 1 red for a couple hits it’ll throw a red within three hits. I’m an iOS user so I can’t do anything via app....any savvy users have any advice? (I’ve had it about a month and the overheating has been pretty consistent.)

SquirrelMaster

Definitely having overheating issues with the MV1. Dunno if I’m just pushing it too hard but after five or six full-length hits on 3 yellows I get the flashing red. If I’m able to get it on 1 red for a couple hits it’ll throw a red within three hits. I’m an iOS user so I can’t do anything via app....any savvy users have any advice? (I’ve had it about a month and the overheating has been pretty consistent.)

Maybe your unit has to be calibrated for a lower heat setting? http://support.ghostvapes.com/suppo.../33000240356-can-i-manually-calibrate-my-mv1-

I'm drawing a blank if there could be another reason.

mitchgo61

Djsleepy

If your heatsink, crucibles/lids are clean verify your product has no ...I mean no stems , this baby hates them other than that make sure heatsink is put together properly if no luck start a ticket.....hope it helps....

Jayvape

After taking everyone one's suggestions I think I was filling too much. I used a very small amount compared to what I normally put in to a crucible and made sure to not tamp down at all. I still am not getting an "even" extraction but now more of the crucible seems be getting vaped; i.e. I'm seeing less green flecks. Effects are still the same, still getting good clouds and feeling high af

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Just pulled the Ghost out for the first time in a few weeks, freshly charged battery off the fast charger. Getting 3 red blinking lights and a bunch of vibes, guess its time for warranty service?

Any suggested home remedies?

maxvapor710,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom