• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Ghost MV1

Marcus

The lsv is another nice looking one.

What I was thinking was using a male to male 18mm on top of my elev8r with the LSV on top of that.

The elev8r is a real nice sized bowl, only need a thin layer of dope on it and it works brilliantly.
Instead of trying to heat a bit of green dope on the bottom of a pile by having to go through the already spent (brown) stuff in a narrower chamber. If that makes sense.?

david8613

What I was thinking was using a male to male 18mm on top of my elev8r with the LSV on top of that.

The elev8r is a real nice sized bowl, only need a thin layer of dope on it and it works brilliantly.
Instead of trying to heat a bit of green dope on the bottom of a pile by having to go through the already spent (brown) stuff in a narrower chamber. If that makes sense.?

That sounds like an excellent idea!!! If that works you have post pics! Sounds like it would be very clean vapor path.

david8613,

kalel

So whats the deal with this in january 2020, people still raving about the silicone green bit in the middle giving off gases? Or is there a better product out there?

kalel

Raise your hand if you said silicone was not in the vapor path.

rz9n7tgyot2h56vw.jpg

Other than this which is on this forum showing the silicon in the pathway and melting, there is also several people on another forum vapelife who had paint peeling on their units and getting in the pathway.

Come on, do you really want to be breathing in this??

Seems to me folks are taking a risk with this unit.

The unit might look cool, but health conscious people like myself and others want to avoid breathing in rubber o -rings, silicone and paint thanksl

Marcus

Other than this which is on this forum showing the silicon in the pathway and melting, there is also several people on another forum vapelife who had paint peeling on their units and getting in the pathway.

The unit might look cool, but health conscious people like myself and others want to avoid breathing in rubber o -rings, silicone and paint thanksl

Looks like reclaim has come off the cooling unit when removing it...

And it seems with a little bit of reading it is... https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/1767/ghost-mv1-usage-guide-tips-for-best-performance/p4

The cooling unit sits inside that silicone ring..

No problems with mine here.

Last edited:

kiddvudu2

That's definitely not melted silicone. Looks like somebody got lazy about cleaning the heat sink and the honey rubbed off on the gasket while removing or reinserting.

Here is a link to the OP of that pic explaining that it is just dirty: https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/comment/26548

The chipping paint on the heat sink (stealth only) is a known issue that Ghost will replace under warranty, and cannot enter the air path from the outside (where the paint exists).

Neither of my 2 MV1's smell of silicone, even while hot immediately after use.

Love mine!

Last edited:

kiddvudu2

My unit cuts out on overtemperature before any damage like melting silicon could happen.:2c:
Good point @LesPlenty!

I'm still baffled that you get it to overheat so often. As mentioned before, I've only accomplished it two or three times. All of them while doing burnoffs with the heat sink assembly out of the unit. But, then again, I rarely take my temperature above 400. That is probably why I don't experience it. Plus, even under 400, 4 to 6 pulls is enough to send me on a moon mission!

Peese!

kalel

Looks like reclaim has come off the cooling unit when removing it...

And it seems with a little bit of reading it is... https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/1767/ghost-mv1-usage-guide-tips-for-best-performance/p4

The cooling unit sits inside that silicone ring..

No problems with mine here.

Good to know.

That's definitely not melted silicone. Looks like somebody got lazy about cleaning the heat sink and the honey rubbed off on the gasket while removing or reinserting.

Here is a link to the OP of that pic explaining that it is just dirty: https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/comment/26548

The chipping paint on the heat sink (stealth only) is a known issue that Ghost will replace under warranty, and cannot enter the air path from the outside (where the paint exists).

Neither of my 2 MV1's smell of silicone, even while hot immediately after use.

Love mine!

Thanks for the feedback.

Silicone does not melt. It will combust, but at extreme temperatures well beyond anything the Ghost can reach.

Let me remind everyone that materials safety discussions do not belong in device threads. Thanks for your cooperation.

Excellent points and my bad, I made an assumption on the previous ops photo that he posted in this thread. Thank you for the clarification and correction.

Good to know its safe.

Trypsy Summers

Re The Ghost MV1 Stealth Edition: My Truth!:\

Even after the Refund, Whenever that comes, I have lost £150 on this Vape!:cry:
I spent the whole festive period without the Back-up vape I could have bought if I had gotten my money back!:disgust:
As TPTB won't allow me to say what I want to say, the only thing I will say; is if you want to buy a good portable back-up vape other than Mighty/Crafty, which is reliable and consistent then the next big thing outside of those two, is the Zeus Arc GT.:\ Incidentally, another German engineered product! :hmm:

When I get my refund that is where I am heading, I have to say this has been the worst ever experience
ever, I am annoyed that I allowed myself to purchase an item that has a notorious defect and is so finicky as to be just not worth the hassle, I am annoyed the company 'knowingly' sold me this item.:rant:

But most of all, I am bitterly annoyed with myself for allowing this to happen, but one thing for sure, this has demonstrated to me that The Mighty reigns supreme - without any shadow of a doubt, none at all!:rockon::bowdown::luv::love::nod:

So that is the only positive thing to come out of my foray into fuckery!:bang:

Not saying:suspicious: Just saying:uhh: Without saying:2c:

Pure Peace :leaf:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Best US$125 I can remember spending, not all vapes suit everybody @Trypsy Summers, I love my Ghost but would not have it as a daily driver or back up...unless you had 2 or more that is.:haw:

@kiddvudu2 I have not had an overtemp timeout since dropping to 2x amber and have not had to stir and no more scorched spots...not matter how hard I piggie.:tup:
Still no luck with connecting with my phone, not that I can be fucked trying too often.:myday:

kiddvudu2

@LesPlenty, are you using Android or iPhone? If Android, I dug this up from earlier in this thread. My apologies if you have already tried it. Also, you may want to verify you are using a current version of Android.

Try this, Virgil from Ghost posted it before.

Please try as best you can to follow these steps in order. Any deviation from this sequence (as tedious/arbitrary as it may sound) will affect results.

1. Delete/uninstall the GHOST App
2. Re-install GHOST app
3. Remove battery from MV1 and re-insert (this essentially resets the device)

Next ...

PAIR TO THE APP
(1) Make sure bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device
(2) Open the GHOST app
(3) Click the icon in the top left corner > Remove all vapes currently connected (if necessary)
(4) Turn on your MV1
(5) Press and Hold the home and vape button down at the same time for 3 seconds to search for app (even though it still might be flashing yellow lights).
(6) A notification will pop up on the app saying that it's stuck and needs to reset
(7) Click okay and reset the device (Reset vape via app takes 60 seconds to complete)
(8) Put MV1 in pair mode > Pair to app

**** If pairing is unsuccessful ****

(1) Remove battery and re-insert battery
(2) Turn device on
(3) Put device in pairing mode

**** Once paired, if there's a firmware update, you will get a prompt ****

UPDATE FIRMWARE
(1) Click on the icon in the top right corner
(2) Your MV1 will be displayed at the top of the next page; click on it
(3) If a firmware update is available, you'll see a (1) next to "Firmware Update"
(4) Click on "Firmware Update";
(5) During update unit will display 1 Amber LED moving side to side; update completes in 60 seconds
(6) Once done unit will flash 1 solid red LED 3x.
(7) Put MV1 in sleep mode > pair to the app

Last edited by a moderator:

kalel

Re The Ghost MV1 Stealth Edition: My Truth!:\

Even after the Refund, Whenever that comes, I have lost £150 on this Vape!:cry:
I spent the whole festive period without the Back-up vape I could have bought if I had gotten my money back!:disgust:
As TPTB won't allow me to say what I want to say, the only thing I will say; is if you want to buy a good portable back-up vape other than Mighty/Crafty, which is reliable and consistent then the next big thing outside of those two, is the Zeus Arc GT.:\ Incidentally, another German engineered product! :hmm:

When I get my refund that is where I am heading, I have to say this has been the worst ever experience
ever, I am annoyed that I allowed myself to purchase an item that has a notorious defect and is so finicky as to be just not worth the hassle, I am annoyed the company 'knowingly' sold me this item.:rant:

But most of all, I am bitterly annoyed with myself for allowing this to happen, but one thing for sure, this has demonstrated to me that The Mighty reigns supreme - without any shadow of a doubt, none at all!:rockon::bowdown::luv::love::nod:

So that is the only positive thing to come out of my foray into fuckery!:bang:

Not saying:suspicious: Just saying:uhh: Without saying:2c:

What is TPTB?

And what was the defect?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Got the vape to pair with my phone, I just uninstalled then installed it again and it hooked right up (after I turned my GPS/location services on?)
I could not register my unit through the app but managed to on the Ghost website with my computer.
I changed my 2x red settings to 190 and 195 as I can get good extraction with no hot spots without stirring and still have not managed to hit over temps again and I will post some ABV v temp shots.:science:
One thing I have noticed is the fire button can stick 'ON' if I use any upward pressure as I push it, all OK if I remember to hit it straight or with a slight downward pressure, hopefully, it will wear in and loosen up a bit with time.:myday:

Dopeydiver

So I have been experimenting with my Stealth and how best to expand the amount of pulls per crucible. While some people like to stir, I have preferred not to do so as that means opening and closing the latch. (By the way, I press the door in before sliding the switch whenever I open or close the door to change crucible. In this manner, I have not had any latch problems at all.)

I typically start on one amber light for a few pulls. I then will flip the MV1 over for a few pulls with it upside down, resulting in even more clouds. Then I turn it back over for a few pulls, increasing the temps one by one from there. I am now getting enough pulls that my battery will drop by a light after a session.

I have found that cleaning the heat sink more regularly (at least every five crucibles) also helps more effectively with the cloud formation.

Still love this vape!

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Calling another member a spoiled rich kid is Not Nice. Warning point issued.
There are many of us who simply want a vaporizer that performs without any bullshit. And there are those of us who want vape that occasionally performs then needs attention...as long at it looks 'cool'. Yes, I am ready for the onslaught of negative responses.

Seriously, why? They don't have some special alien technology. This is a machine with MANY defects that does not deliver as well as several other vapes. I've tried a few. ...and I am fortunate enough to be able to afford VAS. No thanks to the MV1. Doesn't even deserve to be on this site, IMO.

Seriously, just buy yourself a Mighty, e-Nano or Solo II if you want the best efficiency. If not, buy this POS and pretend you are living the dream.

....Bring on the hate from the MV1 fanboys. Most of us cannot afford unsubstantiated hype. To those of you who can, enjoy.

Hope not to get banned for speaking my mind And I also believe a few members will applaud. Let
s stop hyping this POS.

I've tried seven MV1s to this date. Not impressed. I just wanna get high; don't need to impress anyone with my 'Star Wars' vaporizer. It's done after a few mediocre hits anyway. Move along. There are MUCH better purchases to be made.

And I think the Vape Critic (Bud, or whatever) is a spoiled rich kid with no clue. We have exchanged messages. Are you surprised he is no longer involved withe the MV1? Wake up.

Bring on the shit storm of denial...

Last edited:

Trypsy Summers

There are many of us who simply want a vaporizer that performs without any bullshit. And there are those of us who want vape that occasionally performs then needs attention...as long at it looks 'cool'. Yes, I am ready for the onslaught of negative responses.

Seriously, why? They don't have some special alien technology. This is a machine with MANY defects that does not deliver as well as several other vapes. I've tried a few. ...and I am fortunate enough to be able to afford VAS. No thanks to the MV1. Doesn't even deserve to be on this site, IMO.

Seriously, just buy yourself a Mighty, e-Nano or Solo II if you want the best efficiency. If not, buy this POS and pretend you are living the dream.

....Bring on the hate from the MV1 fanboys. Most of us cannot afford unsubstantiated hype. To those of you who can, enjoy.

Hope not to get banned for speaking my mind And I also believe a few members will applaud. Let
s stop hyping this POS.

I've tried seven MV1s to this date. Not impressed. I just wanna get high; don't need to impress anyone with my 'Star Wars' vaporizer. It's done after a few mediocre hits anyway. Move along. There are MUCH better purchases to be made.

And I think the Vape Critic (Bud, or whatever) is a spoiled rich kid with no clue. We have exchanged messages. Are you surprised he is no longer involved withe the MV1? Wake up.

Bring on the shit storm of denial...

Preach My Friend, Preach! :nod::clap:

I am that lonely figure on the front pew - one of the sane few!:uhh:

To those of you who are considering wasting hard earned on this vape, then mark my words, and mark them well....

If you are the kinda person I care about, i.e. I'd push you out of the way of a speeding vehicle, or take a bullet, for you, you know, real-ish, then listen to some real talk now; :|

I could not in any 'good' conscience, recommend this vape to you - period!:disgust:

This vape is definitely NOT in the big league, this is a small league vape, flattering to deceive - all fur coat - and defintely no knickers! :mental:

PS: Don't take my word for it, just check out the real vapers on sites such as Vapelife forum et al. The real Heavyweights are all saying the same thing, "F7ck this vape, not worth the hype!"
So you can't say you've not had an honest heads up - from a victim!:(

Not saying,:| Just saying:2c: Without saying:\

Last edited:

Mr.Meeseeks

Hi Everyone,

I was cleaning my cooling unit, as uaual, using only isopropyl, when i noticed some paint chipping. I tried to see how bad the situation is, only to be left with a LOT more paint chips on my hands and fingers, while most of the paint on the rim just fell off, with almost no effort. Like pulling a thread on a sweater. Once a paint chip began to come off, the rest just followed.
I am now very worried, and not sure what to do. It's my only everyday unit, and I use it all day extensively. I don't have an alternative that will answer my vaping requirements, however, on the other hand, I don't want to inhale paint chips!!! This is a health hazard! What am I supposed to do now? Was I inhaling those paint chips up until now???
I cleaned it as much as I can, but it still keeps chipping off.
20200109-134044.jpg

20200109-134055.jpg

20200109-134148.jpg

Edit: Just noticed chipping on the bottom as well, straight in the air path :-(
20200109-142206.jpg

Last edited:

Trypsy Summers

That sounds like an excellent idea!!! If that works you have post pics! Sounds like it would be very clean vapor path.
Best US$125 I can remember spending, not all vapes suit everybody @Trypsy Summers, I love my Ghost but would not have it as a daily driver or back up...unless you had 2 or more that is.:haw:

@kiddvudu2 I have not had an overtemp timeout since dropping to 2x amber and have not had to stir and no more scorched spots...not matter how hard I piggie.:tup:
Still no luck with connecting with my phone, not that I can be fucked trying too often.:myday:

My Friend,

You have hit the nail on the head, this is a $125 vape!
And if it was marketed at the true price - which in light of my experience is still a tad too high, then it really would be a case of all's fair in love and war, but it ain't and therein lies the issue.:disgust:

But all said, if you are happy, then good luck and hopefully stay contented.

Btw, just got me a Dynavap M 2019 and that kicks the MV1 right into the long grass, completely blown away with it:tup: and in light of this nightmare, I have to say it is indeed a pleasant and very unexpected surprise - albeit it's only 2hrs in, but the difference between this and the MV1, well let's just say I find it to be heartbreaking!:ugh:
Esp when I think of how much I have lost on the MV1, not to mention the frustation and negative energy generated by the whole experience. :tinfoil:

Not saying :\ Just saying:| Without saying:2c:

Pure Peace:leaf:

Top Bottom