• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Ghost MV1

Djsleepy

Hi Everyone,

I was cleaning my cooling unit, as uaual, using only isopropyl, when i noticed some paint chipping. I tried to see how bad the situation is, only to be left with a LOT more paint chips on my hands and fingers, while most of the paint on the rim just fell off, with almost no effort. Like pulling a thread on a sweater. Once a paint chip began to come off, the rest just followed.
I am now very worried, and not sure what to do. It's my only everyday unit, and I use it all day extensively. I don't have an alternative that will answer my vaping requirements, however, on the other hand, I don't want to inhale paint chips!!! This is a health hazard! What am I supposed to do now? Was I inhaling those paint chips up until now???
I cleaned it as much as I can, but it still keeps chipping off.
20200109-134044.jpg

20200109-134055.jpg

20200109-134148.jpg

Edit: Just noticed chipping on the bottom as well, straight in the air path :-(
20200109-142206.jpg

Start a ticket they will send out another....it's a known issue.....

kiddvudu2

Got the vape to pair with my phone,
Awesome! Finally!

I have noticed is the fire button can stick 'ON'
One of my 2 MV1's does this slightly. I haven't tried to remedy it but somebody mentioned shooting some canned air in there?

I have found that cleaning the heat sink more regularly (at least every five crucibles)
Yes, 5-10 crucibles is about right for a cleaning (or swapping to a fresh heat sink)

There are many of us who simply want a vaporizer that performs without any bullshit. And there are those of us who want vape that occasionally performs then needs attention...as long at it looks 'cool'. Yes, I am ready for the onslaught of negative responses.

Seriously, why? They don't have some special alien technology. This is a machine with MANY defects that does not deliver as well as several other vapes. I've tried a few. ...and I am fortunate enough to be able to afford VAS. No thanks to the MV1. Doesn't even deserve to be on this site, IMO.

Seriously, just buy yourself a Mighty, e-Nano or Solo II if you want the best efficiency. If not, buy this POS and pretend you are living the dream.

....Bring on the hate from the MV1 fanboys. Most of us cannot afford unsubstantiated hype. To those of you who can, enjoy.

Hope not to get banned for speaking my mind And I also believe a few members will applaud. Let
s stop hyping this POS.

I've tried seven MV1s to this date. Not impressed. I just wanna get high; don't need to impress anyone with my 'Star Wars' vaporizer. It's done after a few mediocre hits anyway. Move along. There are MUCH better purchases to be made.

And I think the Vape Critic (Bud, or whatever) is a spoiled rich kid with no clue. We have exchanged messages. Are you surprised he is no longer involved withe the MV1? Wake up.

Bring on the shit storm of denial...
Here's U're hate: I am also keeping my finger on the pulse of many other threads (some for units I own, and some for ones I "kinda want"), and right now at least, it seems like the market is boring. Not a lot to get excited about. It's a great time to buy as many devices are on sale (not just MV1).

And regarding your crack about those of us buying this because it "looks cool"? Give me a break. If anybody is trying to "look cool" it's the guy who's trolling threads and bashing people because they like something that they don't.

I hope you do not get banned for stating your opinion either, you have a right to it. But why would you not expect to offend those of us who enjoy this device when you come on here and belittle us? Maybe you are the one who is not capable of figuring out how to use this device? I can assure u that I wouldn't come on here and express my satisfaction for something that I didn't truely enjoy just to convince other people to jump on board. It does me no good.

And when you come on to a thread for a device you don't own just to trash the users here who are enjoying it and helping eachother answer questions and sharing in positive experiences, u should rightfully expect some negative responses.

Preach My Friend, Preach! :nod::clap:

I am that lonely figure on the front pew - one of the sane few!:uhh:

To those of you who are considering wasting hard earned on this vape, then mark my words, and mark them well....

If you are the kinda person I care about, i.e. I'd push you out of the way of a speeding vehicle, or take a bullet, for you, you know, real-ish, then listen to some real talk now; :|

I could not in any 'good' conscience, recommend this vape to you - period!:disgust:

This vape is definitely NOT in the big league, this is a small league vape, flattering to deceive - all fur coat - and defintely no knickers! :mental:

PS: Don't take my word for it, just check out the real vapers on sites such as Vapelife forum et al. The real Heavyweights are all saying the same thing, "F7ck this vape, not worth the hype!"
So you can't say you've not had an honest heads up - from a victim!:(

Not saying,:| Just saying:2c: Without saying:\

Pure Peace :leaf:
Big surprise here, I for one, will not take any review from you seriously based on how biased you are against a device that I truely enjoy. I get that you don't like it, but you have repeatedly insulted my intelligence in your suggestive posts. Go away if you don't like the MV1.

Hi Everyone,

I was cleaning my cooling unit, as uaual, using only isopropyl, when i noticed some paint chipping. I tried to see how bad the situation is, only to be left with a LOT more paint chips on my hands and fingers, while most of the paint on the rim just fell off, with almost no effort. Like pulling a thread on a sweater. Once a paint chip began to come off, the rest just followed.
I am now very worried, and not sure what to do. It's my only everyday unit, and I use it all day extensively. I don't have an alternative that will answer my vaping requirements, however, on the other hand, I don't want to inhale paint chips!!! This is a health hazard! What am I supposed to do now? Was I inhaling those paint chips up until now???
I cleaned it as much as I can, but it still keeps chipping off.
20200109-134044.jpg

20200109-134055.jpg

20200109-134148.jpg

Edit: Just noticed chipping on the bottom as well, straight in the air path :-(
20200109-142206.jpg
Contact Ghost CS, they will take care of you. Request a different color unit, the Stealth is the only unit with paint issues on the heat sink, it's a known issue you can read about if U search this thread.

My Friend,

You have hit the nail on the head, this is a $125 vape!
And if it was marketed at the true price - which in light of my experience is still a tad too high, then it really would be a case of all's fair in love and war, but it ain't and therein lies the issue.:disgust:

But all said, if you are happy, then good luck and hopefully stay contented.

Btw, just got me a Dynavap M 2019 and that kicks the MV1 right into the long grass, completely blown away with it:tup: and in light of this nightmare, I have to say it is indeed a pleasant and very unexpected surprise - albeit it's only 2hrs in, but the difference between this and the MV1, well let's just say I find it to be heartbreaking!:ugh:
Esp when I think of how much I have lost on the MV1, not to mention the frustation and negative energy generated by the whole experience. :tinfoil:

Not saying :\ Just saying:| Without saying:2c:

Pure Peace:leaf:
Yes, I also own a DynaVap M19 and it's a fine device. But I put it firmly behind my MV1 in all categories except for portability. I know how to use both of them to their max potential, and can get satisfactory results from both of them. They are both different devices designed for different experiences. But if I want smooth, cool, flavorful vapor, I always reach for my MV1 if it's nearby. The difference here is you don't see me over on the DV thread telling everyone there they are dumb for liking them.

Peese!

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I changed the 1xred temp to be 190c (375f) and 2xred to 195c (383f) and am now getting nice even ABV with no hot spots and no stirring,

img_20200109_153403-jpg.15534

195 seem to be my sweet spot for some really tasty vapor, I have been cleaning everything after 6x crucibles and have not had any problems.:tup:

kiddvudu2

I changed the 1xred temp to be 190c (375f) and 2xred to 195c (383f) and am now getting nice even ABV with no hot spots and no stirring,

img_20200109_153403-jpg.15534

195 seem to be my sweet spot for some really tasty vapor, I have been cleaning everything after 6x crucibles and have not had any problems.:tup:
Do you ever "rotate" the crucible? Just spin it 180 degrees? I do it sometimes but not always. If I don't want to increase temp I can often get another good draw or 2 by doing so.

Peese!

Djsleepy

Awesome! Finally!

One of my 2 MV1's does this slightly. I haven't tried to remedy it but somebody mentioned shooting some canned air in there?

Yes, 5-10 crucibles is about right for a cleaning (or swapping to a fresh heat sink)

Here's U're hate: I am also keeping my finger on the pulse of many other threads (some for units I own, and some for ones I "kinda want"), and right now at least, it seems like the market is boring. Not a lot to get excited about. It's a great time to buy as many devices are on sale (not just MV1).

And regarding your crack about those of us buying this because it "looks cool"? Give me a break. If anybody is trying to "look cool" it's the guy who's trolling threads and bashing people because they like something that they don't.

I hope you do not get banned for stating your opinion either, you have a right to it. But why would you not expect to offend those of us who enjoy this device when you come on here and belittle us? Maybe you are the one who is not capable of figuring out how to use this device? I can assure u that I wouldn't come on here and express my satisfaction for something that I didn't truely enjoy just to convince other people to jump on board. It does me no good.

And when you come on to a thread for a device you don't own just to trash the users here who are enjoying it and helping eachother answer questions and sharing in positive experiences, u should rightfully expect some negative responses.

Big surprise here, I for one, will not take any review from you seriously based on how biased you are against a device that I truely enjoy. I get that you don't like it, but you have repeatedly insulted my intelligence in your suggestive posts. Go away if you don't like the MV1.

Contact Ghost CS, they will take care of you. Request a different color unit, the Stealth is the only unit with paint issues on the heat sink, it's a known issue you can read about if U search this thread.

Yes, I also own a DynaVap M19 and it's a fine device. But I put it firmly behind my MV1 in all categories except for portability. I know how to use both of them to their max potential, and can get satisfactory results from both of them. They are both different devices designed for different experiences. But if I want smooth, cool, flavorful vapor, I always reach for my MV1 if it's nearby. The difference here is you don't see me over on the DV thread telling everyone there they are dumb for liking them.

Peese!

My MAN!!!! Haters gonna hate....LOVERS gonna LOVE....your words ring true! Love My MV1!!!!!

kiddvudu2

No, if I am taking out a crucible, I will replace with a fresh one (trying to green up my ABV for edibles), I only sit on the one temp with the Ghost so far, the above picture was of ABV all on the stated temp until no more vapor.:tup:
Yep, confirm. jus did 2 crucibles at 354f, no rotation, no temp bump. 5 flavorful draws each. AVB perfectly uniform. Brain perfectly calibrated! So smooth!

:nod:

Djsleepy

Hello to all .....I thought nothing could taste better in my MV1 other than any of the glues (pick a number), but I was wrong ....OMG... Fruity Pebbles (Has 7 terpenes total) I have found three at appropriate temps and flavor is Sick....I'm on a mission to find each one if I can....all I can say is the MV1 is the Extraction King imo....pulling out all the goodies.inside for us to enjoy!!!!!

have a great weekend all....

kiddvudu2

Hello to all .....I thought nothing could taste better in my MV1 other than any of the glues (pick a number), but I was wrong ....OMG... Fruity Pebbles (Has 7 terpenes total) I have found three at appropriate temps and flavor is Sick....I'm on a mission to find each one if I can....all I can say is the MV1 is the Extraction King imo....pulling out all the goodies.inside for us to enjoy!!!!!

have a great weekend all....
Send me some!! Lol

kiddvudu2

When I first started with the MV1 i would leave it at one temp setting. Now I ramp up, using three different temps and find that I get a much better overall result that way.
75% of the time this is what I do as well. But, I also find those times very enjoyable where you just set it at one low temp and let it ride. Very nice to have the option at the push of a button or swipe of a finger.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I really love this vape! Albeit I think it’s a bit overpriced for what you get.....but that’s just my opinion!

Some kind soul was selling his barely used Stealth, plus an extra battery, plus the crucible dispenser minus one crucible (so 6 total). I got it for $150, which imo is a steal! Well worth that price imo! I would like to see the $225 price tag come with extra crucibles/dispenser....having the “kit” I got for $150, the price for the base unit just seems gougeworthy. I know it was on sale for Black Friday which is where mine ultimately came from..that was a much better price and imo the optimum “fairness” between manufacturer and consumer. Plus an 8 hour charge is ridiculous.... having to shell out another $50 either for an extra battery or fast charger to make it a daily driver weighs it down for me.

ALL that said, I really do love it. I find it a bit finicky but I find I get my best results with a smaller/looser pack and at 390 or 410 (usually the latter I use). I can pack a crucible, take one giant rip at 410 and be good for an hour or two. Then finish the bowl with 2-4 rips at 410 and be good again (albeit less tasty rips). At 390 I take a few now and a few later taste better but hits less thick. But I love it!

Fells great in hand. Hits are smooth and cool. Love the look. And, I love how you can rip it and leave it and it won’t cook it. And, I love how it’s regulated. I have a Milaana and MVT, same idea yeah? On demand hits. Except they are unregulated so my battery really works well for bowls 1-2/3 and is half assed on 3-4/5. I much prefer being able to get a solid 6-8 crucibles on demand regardless of battery charge, because it regulates. I’d rather my battery say “not enough for 390” and not work, than not knowing and only having enough juice for say 330.

I may not clean it enough? I cleaned the CU after all 6 crucibles were dirty enough on the screens to warrant a cleaning (and cleaned everything). But I see people saying cleaning every 5 crucibles....that’s too much for me personally, but may account for my performance. It does sometimes really feel like I have to finesse it. Too much packed isn’t good imo but I’d rather pack a big load.

As of a week ago I’m using each crucible independently, until dirty to affect performance. I’m on my 3rd or 4th one right now. Then I’m gonna clean everything at once (CU included) Maybe not best route but I don’t have time or energy to clean it all the time. I’d just use something else

Last thing is, while I do love it a lot I find it’s better as a gradual step up high, than getting blasted. It’s more effort and work to load 2/3 crucibles and get from 0-100 than say many of my other vapes. BUT if I wanna go from 0-30, then from say 20 to 70, etc over course of a few hours, it’s soooooo good for that! I really do dig it! Feel like my review is a bit cricotcal but overall I really love a lot about it BUT I also feel I was spoiled because of my price point

Hope everyone doing well!

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Except they are unregulated so my battery really works well for bowls 1-2/3 and is half assed on 3-4/5. I much prefer being able to get a solid 6-8 crucibles on demand regardless of battery charge, because it regulates. I’d rather my battery say “not enough for 390” and not work, than not knowing and only having enough juice for say 330.!
Nice write up. I got the MV1 myself a couple weeks ago (been meaning to write a full review...I'll get to it eventually!) and the battery thing is very noticeable. It just doesn't produce much vapor on the final bar of the battery, even at higher temps. Kind of a weird thing to get used to...it's not a behavior you have to work around with other vapes IME.

Awesome vape for smaller loads (maybe better with small loads than any portable I've used), if you don't mind the fiddly behavior inherent in pure convection. :2c:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@LesPlenty all that abv still looks quite green. Or is it my eyes guys? Still looks like a lot of love left in that material haha.

No, if I am taking out a crucible, I will replace with a fresh one (trying to green up my ABV for edibles), I only sit on the one temp with the Ghost so far, the above picture was of ABV all on the stated temp until no more vapor.:tup:

Jayvape

Hello, I'm having trouble getting an even extraction. I'm running the device hotter than usual as well, instead of at default. This first pic is my abv after 5 hits; I took three, then roated 180 degrees and had two more https://imgur.com/a/wVhQXIA I loaded another crucible, hers is my abv after 5 hits; https://imgur.com/a/JkDA6eX I took two hits at level 3, 1 hit at level 4, and then rotated the crucible 180 degrees, and had two more hits at level 5. I got good vapor and effects from them, I'm just confused because there is still so much green left. How can I get even brown abv, I don't use my abv so I'd rather get the most I can out of it.

Modnote: Edited to display imgur links

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom