Discontinued Ghost MV1

Djsleepy

January first and Ghost is still open!!!!!yea!!!! So glad.it wasnt.like last.years Haze departure......also not sure if it matters as I have said before but newest one I just.got Tuesday was Lot date 12/16/19....now that we have made to Jan.1 I'm even more.excited at the possibility of a MV2.....maybe they can fix latch with strong magnets to close, no proprietory batteries, and abundant supplies??????

You all know I love this vape..... looking forward.to 2020 and Ghost Vapes!

Pablopicasso

Wow. So many posts about defective parts right from Day 1.

I just don't get how anyone can call this a quality product. No hate responses, please. Just an opinion.

Just personal experience with stealth unit
I'm very careful how I open and close the lutch and not having any problem with it but yes the stealth heatsink is chipping.(from what I readed just stealth one is chipping )
In my opinions it can create top shelf vapor but isn't a perfect vape,for sure at the begining we paid top price for it,if you master it can make you very happy but you need to have the patience to spend time with it.
About chipping I don't know for health reasons but what is up lately is worrying and hope health is going to be priority because vaping is done for health reasons and superior understanding of marijuana and is a shame to be worried about it.

O-G-Reg

One way to keep ahead of the 'over temps', I can only roast 2x crucibles (10x 10 sec puffs in quick time) before mine starts the red blinking with vibes alert.:myday:
Probably very obvious to you, but perhaps you have been ghosting about and had not thought if it yet...

if you are having over heating problems between multiple crucibles try opening the latch or popping out the heat sink and blowing in there a few times in between crucibles.

Cheers and happy new year!

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
Ghost did a great job replacing my original battery due to the charging receptacle falling out. However I'm now concerned with the replacement battery not holding a charge very long. I am getting no more than two crucibles through it before it drops to 25% charge. This is worse than the battery it replaced. So, was my original battery and exception or does this battery have an issue?

uncanni

Ghost did a great job replacing my original battery due to the charging receptacle falling out. However I'm now concerned with the replacement battery not holding a charge very long. I am getting no more than two crucibles through it before it drops to 25% charge. This is worse than the battery it replaced. So, was my original battery and exception or does this battery have an issue?

One (among various other issues) that really turned me off to the MV1 was the $60 battery that's supposed to last for a year; I was alternating 2 batteries, and they both started losing power after around 9 months. You do the math.

The Ghost people sent me some free batteries, which I see on this forum they've done for other people, so I conclude that the batteries DON'T last as long as Ghost claims, so they're sending out a bunch of freebies.

The list of problems with the MV1 just keeps getting longer.

Hello and happy new year all folks.
I have two questions:
1. Anyone knows how repair broken lutch?
2. Chipping heatsink dangerous for my health?
I've switched the latch to Chrome on the Matte Black Stealth Model ... It's been very good 2 me since ... Also I want 2 thank Ghost for showing me love & actually friending & sharing my custom fix picture on their page + DM_ing a thank you reply back 2 me !! Very good company thus far & I would love 2 work with them in the future !!!

Last edited:

kiddvudu2

Hey @Relaxed, are you monitoring the battery level via the app? If yes, then then I may know what's going on. Often if you watch the app the entire time during the session it will drop in percentage while the heater is in use and then it will come back up again. I noticed that if I'm curious if it's going to come back up or not I can change the temp setting and the battery level sometimes readjusts back up again.

I also plug my battery into USB after each crucible normally and if the light comes on to charge I leave it charging and put a fresh one in. I'm very in tune with how my batteries work now (have them numbered). I can still expect up to 3 crucibles (I vape low temps mostly) from my oldest battery, and up to 6 with my newest ones.

Hope it helps, and good luck!

EDIT:
Probably very obvious to you, but perhaps you have been ghosting about and had not thought if it yet...

if you are having over heating problems between multiple crucibles try opening the latch or popping out the heat sink and blowing in there a few times in between crucibles.

Cheers and happy new year!
@LesPlenty - If you are hitting that fire button 20x back-to-back-to-back I wouldn't be surprised if you are hitting the temp warning limit. I have hit it by doing the burn-off cycle with a new MV1 (remove heat sink, power up to 428, and fire it for a cycle for 3 or 4 times back-to-back).

I agree completely with @O-G-Reg though that removing the heat sink between crucibles and blowing into the chamber might help.

I'm also impressed you are getting 10x of hitting the fire button per crucible! Wow! As long as I don't overload my crucibles, I can't get more than 7 pulls before it's cashed. And that's at an average of 388f. When I pump it up to my max (415f) I can only get 3 pulls max, but normally only 2 b4 it's cashed.

:)

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I'm also impressed you are getting 10x of hitting the fire button per crucible!
That 10x 10-second fires were for 2x crucibles.:tup:
I have only had the vape in use for a week but thought I would give my first impressions, it is very nice to look at and hold, feels like quality.
The crucible and caddy set up are very handy and a must-have, more than the fast charger IMO and on the fast charger Ghost sent a Non-Aussie plug but my Aussie Mighty charger drives it just fine.
I like the crucible set up much more than any other I have tried, ceramic and S/S are good materials for this purpose, especially in the caddy.

I have been using the unit on 3x amber heat and have got some great tasty puffs, the flavor is very clean straight out of the box, I only did 2x burnoffs before diving in.
The vape is great to have a sneaky puff of 3 as needed as it does take just seconds to be ready to rock.

Now the downside, it cuts out on over temperature when you get stuck in for a good sesh, I have quite often hit the 10x red flashes with beeps saying it is in safety mode, very frustrating when trying to pass around a few old hardcore bong and joint smokers as I did new years, the Headbanger helped make me look less silly (says the guy with a Rod Stewert wig on)
I can get it to go out on over temp on one crucible when hitting it hard and fast. The instructions say hit the fire button and when the big vibration goes to draw for the 10 seconds the heater fires for and it will vibrate to let you know the heater has done the 10 seconds, I would release and press again in the one breath for another 10 seconds for a total of around 25l, do this 3 times in a row and the crucible is spent and the unit will be out on over temp.
So I have been trying the unit as instructed and only fire for 10 seconds and keep drawing for about 15. I managed the following in 30 mins,
img_20200102_212134-jpg.15446

Far-right was 5x 10-second puffs, followed by the middle 5x 10-second puffs then the unit started 10x red flashes so I kept removing and replacing the battery and was drawing as soon as I hit the fire button to get through the 3rd crucible, I gave up after that.

More abv shots, I don't stir,
img_20200102_213817-jpg.15447

img_20200102_214013-jpg.15448

My thoughts so far is it is a great vape that extracts very well and fast while tasting great but is useless to a heavy user unless you juggle it with other units.

kiddvudu2

I have only had the vape in use for a week but thought I would give my first impressions, it is very nice to look at and hold, feels like quality.
The crucible and caddy set up are very handy and a must-have, more than the fast charger IMO and on the fast charger Ghost sent a Non-Aussie plug but my Aussie Mighty charger drives it just fine.
I like the crucible set up much more than any other I have tried, ceramic and S/S are good materials for this purpose, especially in the caddy.

I have been using the unit on 3x amber heat and have got some great tasty puffs, the flavor is very clean straight out of the box, I only did 2x burnoffs before diving in.
The vape is great to have a sneaky puff of 3 as needed as it does take just seconds to be ready to rock.

Now the downside, it cuts out on over temperature when you get stuck in for a good sesh, I have quite often hit the 10x red flashes with beeps saying it is in safety mode, very frustrating when trying to pass around a few old hardcore bong and joint smokers as I did new years, the Headbanger helped make me look less silly (says the guy with a Rod Stewert wig on)
I can get it to go out on over temp on one crucible when hitting it hard and fast. The instructions say hit the fire button and when the big vibration goes to draw for the 10 seconds the heater fires for and it will vibrate to let you know the heater has done the 10 seconds, I would release and press again in the one breath for another 10 seconds for a total of around 25l, do this 3 times in a row and the crucible is spent and the unit will be out on over temp.
So I have been trying the unit as instructed and only fire for 10 seconds and keep drawing for about 15. I managed the following in 30 mins,

Far-right was 5x 10-second puffs, followed by the middle 5x 10-second puffs then the unit started 10x red flashes so I kept removing and replacing the battery and was drawing as soon as I hit the fire button to get through the 3rd crucible, I gave up after that.

My thoughts so far is it is a great vape that extracts very well and fast while tasting great but is useless to a heavy user unless you juggle it with other units.
:clap:great post, great pics!

U are definitely putting that unit thru the motions!! The only other suggestion I can give you is do like I did and buy two of them! Lol.

On a different note, I found a fun little method tonight. A few hours apart from each other, I did 2 crucibles by starting at 365f for b2b draws, then dropped it down to 338f to finish. Flavor/smoothness was out of this world and a great uppy-alert but tingly-all-over buzz!

:tup::rockon:

joner

The crucible and caddy set up are very handy and a must-have, more than the fast charger IMO

I agree very much with this statement.

I've had mine since July or Aug and one battery can get me thru 6-7 crucibles without dropping one battery level: plenty for my requirements in the day to day. I may use it here and there at home but I will usually pack it with me for day trips.

I can usually slap it on the charge when I get home.

The crucible dispenser is great to load up and bring along!

Try the Stealth Matte Black ... It's amazing except for the door latch ... I remedied that ... With a chrome door latch ... Except for the Stealth being a newer color option ... Upon opening they look the same ... I don't know why it hits/performs better for me in terms of thoroughly extracting & browning my herb with no over heating issues !!!

Marcus

I agree. I'm a little and often kinda user, I prefer on demand to session vapes and this unit fits the bill perfectly for me.

I normally get through 3-4 capsules in an evening and the battery loses 1 light.

Quality of the dope is, I think, the most important factor to getting the most out of this unit... BUT... I picked up a cheap £8 Santa Cruz hemp grinder and that has improved the extraction no end!
I get a real fluffy fine grind now and only needed 2 capsules (of some blackjack that's been in the jar and forgotten about for 12 months) last night and I was done. :clap: The blackjack got bubblehashed and an ounce stored as it was waaaay too strong for the wife and I, quite a twitchy high. I had to chop early thanks to a bit of rot on the main kola.
Now I can see this jar being empty in a few weeks. :brow: The MV1 lets me slowly medicate, probably quite good for low tolerance folks. (like me, I don;t seem to be able to build a tolerance at all! :shrug:)

My latest harvested plants, I get about 3 hits on a crucible and they're done. The blackjack just keeps on giving even on the 8th hit, so flavourful. So yeah, dope quality is #1 with this unit.

The app tells me my batteries are at 25% now and again even when full, so I just go by the lights now. Haven;t touched the app for ages.

Side by side with the mighty... The mighty feels like a cheap plastic toy. Yeah it extracts fast and hard, but it can get messy real quick up in my brain with that thing and I just can;t get over how plasticy the vapour tastes. I prefer the slower roll of the MV1. Just feels like a decent, well built unit. I can medicate through the day on weekends and still function. Sort of. :cool:

I've got my best 3 in rotation now, MV1... Elev8R... and the Miqro (for walking the dog and stealth).

Not quite "endgame" cause I got a real bad case of VAS. :doh: This thing has shelved the splinter though, and the mighty... and the solo2... and the fury... and the dynavaps. :sherlock:

david8613

I agree. I'm a little and often kinda user, I prefer on demand to session vapes and this unit fits the bill perfectly for me.

I normally get through 3-4 capsules in an evening and the battery loses 1 light.

Quality of the dope is, I think, the most important factor to getting the most out of this unit... BUT... I picked up a cheap £8 Santa Cruz hemp grinder and that has improved the extraction no end!
I get a real fluffy fine grind now and only needed 2 capsules (of some blackjack that's been in the jar and forgotten about for 12 months) last night and I was done. :clap: The blackjack got bubblehashed and an ounce stored as it was waaaay too strong for the wife and I, quite a twitchy high. I had to chop early thanks to a bit of rot on the main kola.
Now I can see this jar being empty in a few weeks. :brow: The MV1 lets me slowly medicate, probably quite good for low tolerance folks. (like me, I don;t seem to be able to build a tolerance at all! :shrug:)

My latest harvested plants, I get about 3 hits on a crucible and they're done. The blackjack just keeps on giving even on the 8th hit, so flavourful. So yeah, dope quality is #1 with this unit.

The app tells me my batteries are at 25% now and again even when full, so I just go by the lights now. Haven;t touched the app for ages.

Side by side with the mighty... The mighty feels like a cheap plastic toy. Yeah it extracts fast and hard, but it can get messy real quick up in my brain with that thing and I just can;t get over how plasticy the vapour tastes. I prefer the slower roll of the MV1. Just feels like a decent, well built unit. I can medicate through the day on weekends and still function. Sort of. :cool:

I've got my best 3 in rotation now, MV1... Elev8R... and the Miqro (for walking the dog and stealth).

Not quite "endgame" cause I got a real bad case of VAS. :doh: This thing has shelved the splinter though, and the mighty... and the solo2... and the fury... and the dynavaps. :sherlock:

Wow that is incredible, I love my mv1 also definitely top shelf, my rotation right now is mighty, mv1, dynavap and ti grasshopper.

Can you tell me more about the Elev8R, I always was interested in that vape looks like a nice clean, efficient vape but I'm really not a flame/torch guy, i was always afraid to use fire I use my dynavap with an induction heater.

Marcus

Wow that is incredible, I love my mv1 also definitely top shelf, my rotation right now is mighty, mv1, dynavap and ti grasshopper.

Can you tell me more about the Elev8R, I always was interested in that vape looks like a nice clean, efficient vape but I'm really not a flame/torch guy, i was always afraid to use fire I use my dynavap with an induction heater.

Certainly, I do it all at the kitchen table, out of the way and safe... I stick the elev8r WPA in a big bong (40cm, like this one but bigger https://www.grasscity.co.uk/glasscity-nautilus-ice-bong-with-inline-diffuser-green.html ) and warm the nub up with a kitchen torch (£9.99 from the amazon... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kitchen-Blow-Torch-refillable-Adjustable/dp/B07DHV7DHF ) for 30 seconds while turning the elev8r twice... and then I have a nice big rip, until the bong shaft is full and milky, remove the elev8r and clear that shaft, then pop the elev8r back in the bong, then that is followed by another big rip and then a decent sit down for a while. :tup: I won;t need another hit for a good hour... normally only manage to make it to 30 minutes though. :brow: Greedy pig I am. :brow:

It is a bit of a weed hog, but I feel the extraction you get is immense. Full range of temps in one lungful.
It's made me want to grab an LSV from 7th floor too and shelve my SSV, but I'm in the UK and it's full price on 7th floors site. If I get one I can go straight glass to bong instead of via the SSV whip.

But the torch and the elev8r would still be in use. Lots of use! :tup:

I have VAS, basically. :bang:

The folks over on the elev8r thread are loving it at the moment though and probably more helpful than me. :rofl:

Top Bottom