Discontinued Ghost MV1

Hold it in your left hand while using a Sebsi with your right hand?

Hahaha...just kidding. Wish I could get real traditional hash here.

But what little I have had, I have found it very hard to vape in any vaporizer though some will suggest some vapes in which it works.

If I had some good temple ball hashish, I would just smoke it, myself.
I don’t really have any traditional hash, I would like to try some to compare. I make my own, for “Moroccan” I wait for the trichomes on my indica plants to turn fully Amber, and for “Lebanese” I harvest right when I start seeing some milkyness in the trichomes. I tried putting some small flakes on top of the weed and got a huge flavor boost. Seems like less is more with the ghost mv1

smokingandfeelingmyself,
Reactions: Baron23

Murph101

Hey everyone! I picked up a rose gold MV1 during the BF sales and after having it a few days I'm starting to think that mine may have an issue. I'm not getting much vapor (1-3 wispy hits per crucible)and the herb remains green at the end of a session. I've tried a few different strains, packing methods and reassembled the cooling unit to check for any air bypasses (passes palm test) but the results remain the same. I also used the manual calibration to see if my device was running cool, but no change. I've already sent off an email to Ghost, but just wanted to check if anyone here has experienced anything similar? Thanks in advance

So right after I said I was thinking of getting another Ghost, I get an email with a new sale. The new bundle has the Ghost with a Phoenician Medium 4 Piece Grinder. ACCKK!

Do I want the Nickel, or the Satin Silver? How "fingerprinty" is the Nickel finish? Any users that have either of these have any recommendations??
The Nickel is beautiful ... But sooner or later the clear coat will/may peel !

BLACK ICE !!!,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Hey everyone! I picked up a rose gold MV1 during the BF sales and after having it a few days I'm starting to think that mine may have an issue. I'm not getting much vapor (1-3 wispy hits per crucible)and the herb remains green at the end of a session. I've tried a few different strains, packing methods and reassembled the cooling unit to check for any air bypasses (passes palm test) but the results remain the same. I also used the manual calibration to see if my device was running cool, but no change. I've already sent off an email to Ghost, but just wanted to check if anyone here has experienced anything similar? Thanks in advance
Try a slower draw with drier herbs. I also end up stirring most of the time.

Djsleepy

Make sure herbs are dry if not put on piece of paper for thirty minutes and slow draws.the slower.the better.....remember you are pulling hot air to herb......pull too quick it will be too.cool.and you may/may not get vapor/effects

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
I had a similar problem yesterday. fire the unit with the heatsink and crucible removed. do the coils below glow bright red? mine did not. I removed the battery and found that the batter track had jumped the rails. I reseated everything and the coils still did not fire. I banged the battery flat end on the desk a few times. Turns out, I believe the contacts to one internal batt failed. Then I had a total failure of BT connection. I had to remove the device and set it up as new after restarting my phone. The phone had no memory of the device in BT deveice manager (android).

While messing with my one battery, I saw that the assembly is not ultrasonically sealed or glued. It comes apart rather easily and holds 2 18360 batteries that look identical to the ones in the Arizer Air but I did not completely disassemble. Get this - the batteries are NOT soldered in the plastic case (with the power electronics). If one is careful, one can disect the battery case and load externally charged batteries.

What this means is that the packs are, at the very least, easily rebuildable provided the electronics are intact.
Is there a market for a rebuilding service to MV1 owners or converting the case to more readilly accept externally charged batteries? Of course, this would curtail sales of batteries and fast chargers by the OEM, but it may appear the product is ready to sunset.

Here's what is needed, IMHO:
1. redesign of heat sink, sub Al for cheap chrome plated base metal
2. Polycarb stem to borosilicate glass with friction fit to prevent unintentional drop. Maybe Glass stem needs a high temp O ring inside unit for stability and better sliding fit.
3. App s/w needs a new look. The unit knows the current temp, why not have the s/w resemble the Mighty or new IQ2? I think you could display a number of parameters from an array of sensors, including combustion, CO, vapor temp and user's heart rate. he he.
4. The fit and finish of the externals and the crucible mech need a makeover. Color peel, coatings degrade - IMHO just make the thing out of brushed Al and anodize it in a few colors. Talk to Dynavap abut their acid treatment of the M-Phantom and do that. The door is too difficult to close. The latch should be electromagnetic, not require the risk of osteo arthritis or sprain. The door should close effortlessly and them held closed. a touch on the fire button lowers an index pin holding the arm in place. Why is this spring behind the crucibles so heavy?
5. Continue to Blow away the portable competition through innovative technology and top-shelf CS.

Wat say you experienced users of this magnificent device?

Northbear

While messing with my one battery, I saw that the assembly is not ultrasonically sealed or glued. It comes apart rather easily and holds 2 18360 batteries that look identical to the ones in the Arizer Air but I did not completely disassemble. Get this - the batteries are NOT soldered in the plastic case (with the power electronics). If one is careful, one can disect the battery case and load externally charged batteries.

Humm. My three batteries all seem to be very well sealed. Yours might be "special" in that
it wasn't assembled properly. I notice the label on the batteries mention a batch number.
Mine are "B18071" (one each) and "B18081" (two each). Perhaps yours is from a different
batch?

I'd love to see some pictures of the open battery assembly.

cosimo

So right after I said I was thinking of getting another Ghost, I get an email with a new sale. The new bundle has the Ghost with a Phoenician Medium 4 Piece Grinder. ACCKK!

Do I want the Nickel, or the Satin Silver? How "fingerprinty" is the Nickel finish? Any users that have either of these have any recommendations??

I have the Satin... it's door and latch are always covered in fingerprints while the rest of the unit remains spotless... so I would stay with the Stealth or Satin options vs the shinny ones.

I'm sure Ghost will help you with that.... but I do wonder... do you get any effects and flavors? With convection vaporizers (especially with low temps) I try not to have any expectations about vapor density, but focus more on making sure I have appropriate flavors and effects... so as long as there's the flavor and effects, the lack of vapor becomes irrelevant to me and I would consider my convection vaporizers to be working well.... but I know many who need to see the vapor regardless of the effects and flavors.

And as to AVB, I'm also having that "problem"... my Ghost's AVB has much more green in it than I'm used to seeing... but once again, If I focus on the effects and flavors, I realize that maybe while I had "better" AVB with other vapes, it's vaporization wasn't as effective, delightful and pleasant as with the Ghost's...so again, focusing on AVB also kinda has become irrelevant for me now... even more so since I'm using even less herbs now with the Ghost while experiencing better flavor and stronger effects... it's kinda unbelievable.

Byt the way, I had a heavy-smoker friend the other day that complained about the lack of vapor with the Ghost just as he exhaled his first hit at 2 amber...he began ranting about how that sucked and he was going to have to roll a blunt to be satisfied... bla bla bla... and a few second more into his rant he stopped talking and said "Woa, wait a sec... I'm way too high to even roll a blunt right now. This is amazing!". He did eventually smoke a cigarrete, but he didn't find the need to smoke more and became a Ghost fan and soon to be host owner (he got the Essesntials Bundle).

Last edited:
I have the Satin... it's door and latch are always covered in fingerprints while the rest of the unit remains spotless... so I would stay with the Stealth or Satin options vs the shinny ones.

I'm sure Ghost will help you with that.... but I do wonder... do you get any effects and flavors? With convection vaporizers (especially with low temps) I try not to have any expectations about vapor density, but focus more on making sure I have appropriate flavors and effects... so as long as there's the flavor and effects, the lack of vapor becomes irrelevant to me and I would consider my convection vaporizers to be working well.... but I know many who need to see the vapor regardless of the effects and flavors.

And as to AVB, I'm also having that "problem"... my Ghost's AVB has much more green in it than I'm used to seeing... but once again, If I focus on the effects and flavors, I realize that maybe while I had "better" AVB with other vapes, it's vaporization wasn't as effective, delightful and pleasant as with the Ghost's...so again, focusing on AVB also kinda has become irrelevant for me now... even more so since I'm using even less herbs now with the Ghost while experiencing better flavor and stronger effects... it's kinda unbelievable.

Byt the way, I had a heavy-smoker friend the other day that complained about the lack of vapor with the Ghost just as he exhaled his first hit at 2 amber...he began ranting about how that sucked and he was going to have to roll a blunt to be satisfied... bla bla bla... and a few second more into his rant he stopped talking and said "Woa, wait a sec... I'm way too high to even roll a blunt right now. This is amazing!". He did eventually smoke a cigarrete, but he didn't find the need to smoke more and became a Ghost fan and soon to be host owner (he got the Essesntials Bundle).
This was/is an accurate, helpful & very good .. read ... Ghost made a truly amazing device .. Me Luv_viT !!

kiddvudu2

This was/is an accurate, helpful & very good .. read ... Ghost made a truly amazing device .. Me Luv_viT !!
After reading it, I decided it would be best to verify some of his points. So I went directly out and had a nice little crucible with my satin silver. That was 10 minutes ago. Damn, agreeing never felt so good! Lol

However, I have zero issues achieving enormous clouds with either one of my two MV1's. I want the record to reflect that.

Peese!

cosimo

After reading it, I decided it would be best to verify some of his points. So I went directly out and had a nice little crucible with my satin silver. That was 10 minutes ago. Damn, agreeing never felt so good! Lol

However, I have zero issues achieving enormous clouds with either one of my two MV1's. I want the record to reflect that.

Peese!

Oh, I'm also able to produce nice vapor... well, most of the times, but when I don't, as long as I get the flavor and effects I don't really care anymore.

What temps do you usually use? I only use Amber temps.

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
B17091. I have not opened the second vape i ordered as yet.
I stand corrected on the battery 18650
here you go:
librar

Djsleepy

Oh, I'm also able to produce nice vapor... well, most of the times, but when I don't, as long as I get the flavor and effects I don't really care anymore.

What temps do you usually use? I only use Amber temps.

I know you weren't talking to me but don't be scared of those red 1 & 2 .....man hits are crazy and you still get.flavor for first few hits......

cosimo

I know you weren't talking to me but don't be scared of those red 1 & 2 .....man hits are crazy and you still get.flavor for first few hits......

Oh yeah... I've tried them but I tend to prefer the flavors at lower temps... some phenotype do taste pretty good in the red temps, though, and this vape has really opened the higher temps for me 'cuz my lungs are quite delicate.

Dopeydiver

Try a slower draw with drier herbs. I also end up stirring most of the time.

I have also noticed that faster draws tend to cause the flower to stick to the crucible top, thereby blocking the air path in part. When I draw slowly, less is stuck to the top and I get many more draws as I work from level 1 to level 5. I am now typically getting 10 or more draws per crucible.

Trypsy Summers

I have not had this Ghost MV1 even 4 weeks and I am as full of buyers remorse as I will ever be:cry::doh:
I made a huge and expensive mistake with this vape. The fact that it can deliver a sweeter hit than the Mighty on a hit per hit basis (occaisonally), pales into complete insignificance when I consider that for that one sweet hit, there are a dozen crap ones, it's way too hit and miss!! :uhh:

But the main reason why I am super pissed is now the fucking door won't even close! Not even 4 weeks in, and it's completely unusable. WTF!!:bang:

You certainly don't get that with the Mighty, indeed I am fortunate that I followed my inner-tuition (call it gut instinct ) and bought myself a new The Mighty just a few days after buying this pile of crap!:shit:

I have written to the manufacturer and told them I want a refund, no replacement, no bullshit, just my money back, as I have completely no confidence in this nonsense - Complete Buyers Remorse.:cry:

Buyer Beware - IMHO:worms:

I'm saying:2c: Just saying :uhh: Whilst saying:disgust:
Pure peace:leaf:

Choices

I have not had this Ghost MV1 even 4 weeks and I am as full of buyers remorse as I will ever be:cry::doh:
I made a huge and expensive mistake with this vape. The fact that it can deliver a sweeter hit than the Mighty on a hit per hit basis (occaisonally), pales into complete insignificance when I consider that for that one sweet hit, there are a dozen crap ones, it's way too hit and miss!! :uhh:

But the main reason why I am super pissed is now the fucking door won't even close! Not even 4 weeks in, and it's completely unusable. WTF!!:bang:

You certainly don't get that with the Mighty, indeed I am fortunate that I followed my inner-tuition (call it gut instinct ) and bought myself a new The Mighty just a few days after buying this pile of crap!:shit:

I have written to the manufacturer and told them I want a refund, no replacement, no bullshit, just my money back, as I have completely no confidence in this nonsense - Complete Buyers Remorse.:cry:

Buyer Beware - IMHO:worms:

I'm saying:2c: Just saying :uhh: Whilst saying:disgust:
Pure peace:leaf:

Uhmmmm I’ve enjoyed mine so far.... Did you contact Customer Service?

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Has anyone attempted to port the app over to a webapp for those of us on iOS? I’d love to be able to program red 1 & 2.

Additionally, @virgil_GHOST have you considered releasing the app through TestFlight? DM me for more info if interested in discussing further.

@JCat just did something for the Crafty app and is in process of seeing what he can do for Ghost.

Nice really great work ! Can you do this for the ghost mv1 app too please !!! lol

Looks like I might be doing that very thing ... Ghost CS contacted me and looks like they might be sending me one.

Top Bottom