Discontinued Ghost MV1

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Disclaimer: My wife works for Ghost Vapes. Take that into consideration when reading my posts in this thread. I will attempt to present factual, impartial information on Ghost products, but won't blame you one bit if you think I am biased towards this company.

@Summer my apologies, but I'm gonna keep the disclaimer at the top for now, at least. I think transparency is too important.

@Pyr0 - I'm curious to hear how you get along with an extended mouthpiece and faster draw. I didn't realize you were already going slow and choking up on it. You want that silicone to make a good seal with the crucible...the resistance is a good thing. Also, I like to stir before going to red temps, but that's just me. fwiw, I made my own mesh screen crucible to see what would happen. It doesn't work, as the air flow goes right past the heat sink, into the bowl and back out the heat sink without ever running down past the heater. We need solid side walls on the crucible, so don't go making your own holes!

@zherer - for herbs, I suggest starting at a lower temp and stepping it up from there. You'll get a more even cook and longer lasting flavor. And I like to stir before moving from amber to red temps. For extracts, I think you need to load more. Be careful, and don't add too much at once. If we see bb's the same way, I think you might even be able to double the amount. But start with 1.5 times to be safe.

For those of you trying to tweak your experience, I suggest focusing on draw speed and the mouthpiece extension. How you pack made a difference early on, but now it's fairly flexible. Ghost recommends a coarse grind, I use a medium grind, and my friend uses a fine grind, and we're all happy. I think the MV1 has an unwarranted stigma about the pack lingering from its early days, but a lot of changes have come along in the last year that have taken care of this issue.

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
@stickstones I just meant put holes in the bits at the edges of the bottom and lid where it's just empty space.
I think if the bottom and lid were a fine mesh, it might be better for airflow through the load while keeping more debris from escaping at the same time.

Extending the mouthpiece and drawing faster hasn't really had a discernable difference. It may take more draws to finish as it cooks slower, but I'm still seeing hotspots.

martinstraka8282

Forgive me if this is a ridiculous thought...

Could they not make a crucible that is designed to actually retain heat and act as a conductor for more of a hybrid heating method to give users two options if they're unsatisfied with the convection only results with the MV1?

disGRUNTled

Forbidden Fruit in the Ghost MV1, had not used it in a while charged the battery ,updated the firmware and was on my way.Got it set at 338 such tasty hits , effects set in almost immediately vape is beastly.Listening to my boy Fitzy.....
IMG-1800.jpg

IMG-1801.jpg

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Well ghost seem to think my results look 'very' normal to them

However, they've asked I send the unit back to them to evaluate and see if it does have any issues.
This could take up to 7-14 business days, so basically 3 weeks :(

I bet they send it back saying there's nothing wrong lol

guess i'd better strip it down and clean it tonight...

Last edited:

ghostvapesofficial

Company Rep
Company Rep

However, they've asked I send the unit back to them to evaluate and see if it does have any issues.

Sorry about the miscommunication. We certainly do not regard charring as being normal on the MV1 and we are getting this resolved for you ASAP.

Nerissa :)

martinstraka8282

It sucks, but Ghost will do you right. They have a solid track record of getting things back quickly, and you can rest assured in won't fall in to months long warranty abyss like some of these vape companies.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Disclaimer: My wife works for Ghost Vapes. Take that into consideration when reading my posts in this thread. I will attempt to present factual, impartial information on Ghost products, but won't blame you one bit if you think I am biased towards this company.

@zherer - another concentrate tip from Ghost...crumbles, waxes, shatters, oils, etc all end up oily once heated and ready to vaporize. The difference is they take different times and heat to get oily. So, the type of concentrate you use dictates how long it needs to melt into the pad. If you huff on it too soon you can weaken the dab before it ever gets going. You may need to give your particular concentrate an extra slow hit or two to melt and start to vaporize fully. Once it's melted into the pad, it fogs.

roonsy

So I finally got my Stealth MV1 charged and setup and I really love it from a design point of view. I think it's a really cool little device that suits my needs perfectly. I love the crucible loader. I love the feel of the whole thing in general but I do have one big concern.

The green silicone absolutely stinks - at least I think that is the source of what I am smelling.

I bought the MV1, fast charger, crucible holder, and a pack of glass mouthpieces.

In the MV1 and glass mouthpiece boxes there is this dark foam packing material. In the MV1 box the foam smells even worse than the green silicone, but it is the same smell. In the mouthpiece box the foam smells too - but nowhere near as bad, and seemingly different than the green silicone/mv1 box foam.

The fact that the green silicone and the foam in the MV1 box smell exactly the same and both smell really strong leads me to believe that the silicone is the source of the smell otherwise the foam in the glass mouthpieces box would smell just as bad... that makes sense, right? ie the foam in the MV1 box was just absorbing the silicone smell while packaged?

It could still be the other way around - the glass mouthpiece box foam is a far smaller piece which could affect its smell etc...

I've done multiple burn offs as instructed by one of the posts in this thread at highest temps and the smell hasn't gotten any better. I can take the mouthpiece off and smell it on there too.

I really want to give this thing a first run but I want to be safe about it, too. I wont just give up on it because I really do love it...so I'm determined to sort this out :)

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
So I am loving the Stealth unit and it is a beast, but do believe I might have some "ghosts" in the system that are preventing me from having a better experience.

I have a real annoyance that my vape button keeps getting stuck down after a pull. It just keeps cycling and stays HOT. It is not a problem if I am paying attention and tap the button again to de-press, but it is a growing annoyance...

My battery issue has been a bit puzzling. First charge, I left it on for hours and then overnight and the indicator on the fast charger never turned green? After a few crucibles, I recharged and ever since, the charger has been turning green when complete. I've now cycled the battery with about 3-4 charges with about 5 crucibles per charge. BUT here is the kicker- No matter how low I run the battery, the indicator on the unit [when pressed down for several seconds] always incorrectly tells me I have a full charge? This is frustrating... I examined the unit for loose parts yesterday as vapor production turned to shit, but it was just a dead battery and confirmed by the reader on the app; but for some reason the reader on the device always shows 3 bright green lights for a full charge.

My original unit did not have these issues.

Summer

Long Island, NY
In all fairness, it is a bit better with the calibration on green, so maybe its working as it should. :shrug:
I mean it definitely gets me high

Are you still getting uneven AVB? If so, how about pics? Regardless of whether you are getting uneven AVB you are still gonna get high because you're vaping the herb. :cool: :lol: You have the open service ticket, so why not use the unit for the next week & see how you feel about the condition of your spent herb. If your gut tells you that you think the it should be performing better, then do send it in for evaluation because if you always feel that it should be performing better, you're never gonna be truly happy with the unit & there's no reason you shouldn't be. That's how I would handle it. I wouldn't let giving it up for 3 weeks be a deterrent to my overall satisfaction.

My battery issue has been a bit puzzling. First charge, I left it on for hours and then overnight and the indicator on the fast charger never turned green?

This has happened to me on rare occasions. After extended charging, say 4 hours, I'd lift the battery out of the charger & reinsert it & it would turn green. Just chalked those occasions up to being a fluke.

I've now cycled the battery with about 3-4 charges with about 5 crucibles per charge. BUT here is the kicker- No matter how low I run the battery, the indicator on the unit [when pressed down for several seconds] always incorrectly tells me I have a full charge? This is frustrating... I examined the unit for loose parts yesterday as vapor production turned to shit, but it was just a dead battery and confirmed by the reader on the app; but for some reason the reader on the device always shows 3 bright green lights for a full charge.

Don't charge it after 4 or 5 crucible. They've really improved on the battery life so that the battery in the Stealth doesn't deplete anywhere near as fast as the older batteries. Don't know if it's battery or vape improvement. Why not go for 10 crucibles & see if your battery level drops down to 2 lights. It very well may be that after 5 crucibles, the battery isn't losing enough energy to drop to 2 lights.

@FlyingLow, there's a battery reader on the app?

Last edited:
Summer,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Thanks Nerissa!

@Summer~ last cycle I was at least 6 deep, but no matter the crucible count, the battery was depleted and confirmed by the indicator on the app.

FlyingLow,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Thanks for the shoutout! :D

For sure I have a few Ghost MV1 accessories on the list, although I am open to hearing requests for other designs. I've been tossing around the idea of making a @JyARz Satchmo caddy to hold a dozen crucibles, although I'll need to get my hands on a few spare crucibles again for test-fitting purposes

I've also got a really sweet accessory already designed, just waiting for my new 3D printer capable of printing more exotic materials to arrive before I can finalize the project and formally introduce it (as usual, I'll never sacrifice quality for the sake of quantity) :science:

skyvaper

Thanks for the shoutout! :D

For sure I have a few Ghost MV1 accessories on the list, although I am open to hearing requests for other designs. I've been tossing around the idea of making a @JyARz Satchmo caddy to hold a dozen crucibles, although I'll need to get my hands on a few spare crucibles again for test-fitting purposes

I've also got a really sweet accessory already designed, just waiting for my new 3D printer capable of printing more exotic materials to arrive before I can finalize the project and formally introduce it (as usual, I'll never sacrifice quality for the sake of quantity) :science:
Whats this accessory you speak of!!!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
So I am loving the Stealth unit and it is a beast, but do believe I might have some "ghosts" in the system that are preventing me from having a better experience.

I have a real annoyance that my vape button keeps getting stuck down after a pull. It just keeps cycling and stays HOT. It is not a problem if I am paying attention and tap the button again to de-press, but it is a growing annoyance...

My battery issue has been a bit puzzling. First charge, I left it on for hours and then overnight and the indicator on the fast charger never turned green? After a few crucibles, I recharged and ever since, the charger has been turning green when complete. I've now cycled the battery with about 3-4 charges with about 5 crucibles per charge. BUT here is the kicker- No matter how low I run the battery, the indicator on the unit [when pressed down for several seconds] always incorrectly tells me I have a full charge? This is frustrating... I examined the unit for loose parts yesterday as vapor production turned to shit, but it was just a dead battery and confirmed by the reader on the app; but for some reason the reader on the device always shows 3 bright green lights for a full charge.

My original unit did not have these issues.
I have this disease called VAS?
Da GHOST has my attention!
I thought I got over it however it’s coming back?

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Are you still getting uneven AVB? If so, how about pics? Regardless of whether you are getting uneven AVB you are still gonna get high because you're vaping the herb. :cool: :lol: You have the open service ticket, so why not use the unit for the next week & see how you feel about the condition of your spent herb. If your gut tells you that you think the it should be performing better, then do send it in for evaluation because if you always feel that it should be performing better, you're never gonna be truly happy with the unit & there's no reason you shouldn't be. That's how I would handle it. I wouldn't let giving it up for 3 weeks be a deterrent to my overall satisfaction.
Hi @Summer it is still a little uneven, yeah.

This was some Sugar Black Rose put through the GR8TR and vaped on amber 3, with calibration on green
2lvbz43.jpg

ofr9r4.jpg

It seems great for low temp vaping but there's still some small partially uncooked bits.
Flavour seemed great until the end and it can really make me cough as I'm used to flowerpot hits through water :)

I sent the images to customer service earlier and they've offered to have a chat on skype in hopes that it prevents me from having to send my unit in for an evaluation. :)

Summer

Long Island, NY
Well, it looks like you're getting tunneling. The few uncooked pieces can be readily addressed by giving a stir before your final temp-up to finish off the bowl which I do 50% of the time to be sure everything is extracted. But parts of your cooked herb are overcooked/charred imo. But it's better than it was. You shouldn't have to stay with low temps to avoid charring. GV will have a resolution one way or the other.

Brewervapesalot

Hi @Summer it is still a little uneven, yeah.

This was some Sugar Black Rose put through the GR8TR and vaped on amber 3, with calibration on green
2lvbz43.jpg

ofr9r4.jpg

It seems great for low temp vaping but there's still some small partially uncooked bits.
Flavour seemed great until the end and it can really make me cough as I'm used to flowerpot hits through water :)

I sent the images to customer service earlier and they've offered to have a chat on skype in hopes that it prevents me from having to send my unit in for an evaluation. :)

That doesn't look all that bad. If you vape the pack at 1 or 2 red, what does it look and taste like?

Summer

Long Island, NY
Found this excellent post over at VLF. No doubt it will be useful having it in our thread archive. It was posted by Virgil, GV Cust. Support ("GHOSTTEAM" handle on VLF).

"+MOUTHPIECE
* Mouthpiece Technique: imagine you have a straw and you're blowing air through it. Now imagine sucking air out of that straw. THAT is how you pull through the MV1 mouthpiece. Don't sip on it.
* I know my stem is positioned right when I hear the bubbling sound when I'm taking a draw (on the higher heat settings 3-5)

+MATERIAL
* The quality of the material does play a significant role in the overall experience. For instance, if you're vaporizing the material we sell on our site, like the natural herbs, you will see little to no vapor.
* The drier the flower, the better the vapor production.

+CLEANLINESS
* Make sure there's no material build-up/reclaim in any of the air pathways (crucible, crucible lid, heat sink)

+HEAT SINK
* Testing your heat sink is a part of regular maintenance. See steps below:
* Remove the heat sink
* Place heat sink in the palm of your hand, blocking the holes on the bottom.
* Please make sure the holes are covered, or the test is inaccurate.
* Extend the stem, and try to draw air (sucking in).
* You should not be able to draw ANY air through the stem.

+BASICS
* Take full 15-second draws
* Do not remove/switch the battery mid-session.
* Do not pack crucible too tightly
* Correct Vape Button Operation - https://goo.gl/EnXxMy
* How to put MV1 in Sleep Mode & Vape Mode - https://goo.gl/8oBWTj
* Manually Change Heat Settings: https://goo.gl/RaoBH1
* Misfire - https://goo.gl/EnXxMy

+RECOMMENDED MODE SEQUENCE
* Start your session with a full 15-second draw on Heat setting Herb - Low (1 amber LED)
* Next, take two full 15-second draws on Herb - High (3 amber LED)
* Finally, finish your crucible on Herb - Fav 1 or 2 (1 or 2 red LED)

+We recommend this for two reasons:
* Following this sequence allows for the coils to gradually heat up which benefits the lifespan of your device (similar to warming up your car before speeding off)
* The MV1 was designed to deliver both the full flavor of your material and a potent hit, it's best to take advantage of this."

As far as the Recommended Mode Sequence, I understand the significance of beginning with level 1. I like using a variation of @stickstones' method which is linked here:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/ghost-mv1.25299/page-102#post-1324372

I didn't understand the "Do not remove/switch the battery mid-session."

@Baron23 went on to explain:

"It's NEVER recommended to pull a battery when a device is turned on and drawing power. It may arc which is not much of an issue for many analog devices but is a no-no for sensitive digital circuitry.

This is the reason why S&B also recommend that you plug your battery charger into the device (Crafty/Mighty) BEFORE plugging into the wall. This way, if there is an arc, its between the wall wart and the outlet and not between the connector and the device."

Then Virgil went on to say, "That tip was specifically for when the battery is removed while the device is powered on. Sort of akin to what @Baron23 explained, my goal in mentioning the battery bit was to make sure the integrity of the device and battery is kept in tact. While an arc may not occur specifically when the battery is removed while the device is powered on, it's not outside the realm of possibility for some kind of negative consequence to take place, however significant/noticeable it may be, at least in my mind."

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom