• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

General degummed hemp fiber uses?

tfrank

Long story short the VAS always gets me and i ordered the omnivap blue ti.
Sooo while im waiting on it to arrive my natural habit kicks in and im trying to learn everything i can before it arrives so i know exactly what to do and how im going to do it. Ive read quite a bit on here but and left with a few more questions.

My main questions are:
1. Other that just making a screen out of it are there that many more other uses?
2. Could i essentially wrap a bit of the fiber around some concentrate to vape in the cap?
3. Does the fiber give off any taste, smell, etc. And does it give off any vapor? (or is it like you could vape a whole cap of the fiber and not taste see or feel any vapor)?

Thanks ahead of time!

tfrank,

Vaporware

Any way you’ve seen people talk about using cotton you should be able to substitute degummed hemp fiber. So far I’ve only used it for filters though.

I’ve never tried wrapping concentrates in it, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work as long as you get enough heat through it. I know some people wait until their filters collect enough reclaim and then put them in the bowl to use basically as you suggested.

I haven’t noticed any taste from it, and I don’t think the hemp fiber itself gives off anything significant at the temps we’re using, but I haven’t tested it.

Vaporware,
Reactions: tfrank

tfrank

thanks for the info looks like im just going to have to do some trial and error. Maybe @Squiby could chime in? not to single you out just have seen you and caleb seem to have alot of info!

tfrank,

Squiby

1. Other that just making a screen out of it are there that many more other uses?
I use degummed hemp fiber exclusively for making filters to trap tiny plant particles from entering the air path. I like to wind some into a disc shape and place it between two CCD screens in the herb chamber. When it starts to taste off, I change the filter for a clean one and discard the old soiled filter.

You can also just place the filter on top of the screen. But I find that the fiber tends to get snagged on the ABV when dumping your load.

Some people like to place the filter under the screen butted up to the condenser.

Here is a post on my method to make a filter.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-295#post-1034430

Other than using degummed hemp fiber as a filter, you can;

- use it to extract resin from your condenser. Heat your condenser up a bit and push a tiny bit of fiber through the condenser with a bamboo skewer. Then pop it into your herb chamber and vape it.

- be used with concentrates.

- help keep your Vapcap clean by placing a bit in your tip.

- use it to clean the condenser. Simply push a ball of it through a warm condenser from the mouthpiece end and the ball of fiber will wipe the tube out nicely.

2. Could i essentially wrap a bit of the fiber around some concentrate to vape in the cap?
Yes. But I prefer to use a concentrate pad for concentrates. Here is a post on using the pads.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-628#post-1122587

3. Does the fiber give off any taste, smell, etc. And does it give off any vapor? (or is it like you could vape a whole cap of the fiber and not taste see or feel any vapor)?
Mine has no taste and does not produce its own vapor. I purchased mine from Dynavap. There have been a few reports from others who thought their batch had an off taste, but I think that that was a bad batch.

Vaporware

@Squiby Do you know if George has considered selling appropriately sized concentrate pads or other options, or if he thinks hemp fiber or flower are the best ways to hold concentrates in? I still haven’t read most of the huge thread.

Vaporware,

Squiby

@Squiby Do you know if George has considered selling appropriately sized concentrate pads or other options, or if he thinks hemp fiber or flower are the best ways to hold concentrates in? I still haven’t read most of the huge thread.
I have no idea. I don't recall George ever discussing it, but I do know that several FC members have requested that Dynavap make a concentrate pad specificafor the tip.

In the FAQs section of the Dynavap website, it mentions the hemp fiber can be used to vape concentrates.

tfrank

Thanks for the responses! once my dynavap comes in the mail i might do some testing of my own on whats better pad or fiber.

Top Bottom