***Gamers*** What are you playing?

stressed

i was a computer gamer ever since wolfenstein came out but a year ago i got a ps3 and am currently playing farcry 4 and minecraft. i miss the strategy gaming on the PC but i love the freedom of kicking back on the couch or standing up instead of being chained to the computer chair.

bussinrounds

i was a computer gamer ever since wolfenstein came out but a year ago i got a ps3 and am currently playing farcry 4 and minecraft. i miss the strategy gaming on the PC but i love the freedom of kicking back on the couch or standing up instead of being chained to the computer chair.
I just have my PC connected to the TV via HDMI. SCP driver and Xpadder if I want to use my PS3 pad for any game..

Wasteland 2 directors cut and Age of Decadence is out ! :rockon:

some info on AoD (it's on steam and GoG, btw)

http://steamcommunity.com/games/aod/announcements/detail/79169731941085705

Last edited:

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
@lwien

Have you played the GTA games. Do you find them enjoyable?

GTA5 is one of my favorite games and has massive amounts of content and side quests. Might be worth checking out if you like 3rd person shooters.

Gonzo,

zor

Man, I've spent hundreds of hours in GTA Online, especially during a stint when I was unemployed. I took my recreational weed use to a new level, just driving around while blazed and enjoying the environment...until someone inevitably blew me up. I've wanted to pick it up again on PS4 since I retired my 360 (didn't want to pay for Live anymore) but can't justify the price...

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Man, I've spent hundreds of hours in GTA Online, especially during a stint when I was unemployed. I took my recreational weed use to a new level, just driving around while blazed and enjoying the environment...until someone inevitably blew me up. I've wanted to pick it up again on PS4 since I retired my 360 (didn't want to pay for Live anymore) but can't justify the price...
Call Merryweather for helicopter pickup - set waypoint to opposite side of map - Perfect vape break :lol:

You could make some cool stuff in the creator mode gliching props in, I made a sweet little motorbike race around the roof of the shopping centre :D

lwien

@lwien

Have you played the GTA games. Do you find them enjoyable?

GTA5 is one of my favorite games and has massive amounts of content and side quests. Might be worth checking out if you like 3rd person shooters.

Ya, I tried it but adventure and shooter games really aren't my cup-o-tea. Much prefer western fantasy RPG'S.

Never really tried a JRPG yet. For those that have, what are the primary differences?

Last edited:
lwien,
Reactions: Frogman

zor

JRPGs all vary considerably so it's hard for me to peg them with specific differences. I've found the main differences to be with character/inventory management (stats mostly), battle system mechanics, and character progression but even then these all can vary wildly within the vast JRPG genre. More often than not I've found the stories to be more infantile (although there are some notable exceptions, like Xenogears).

If you don't mind the graphics (I adore them) I'd heartily recommend you give Chronotrigger and Final Fantasy 6 a shot, they are available on numerous platforms but I'd steer away from the "HD remakes" as they look like garbage IMO

virtualpurple

Fallout New Vegas, heavvvvilllyyy modded out. Looks fucking incredible.

Witcher 3 because nothing is as rich as the Witcher story line. Awesome trilogy.

Tried to get into Dragon Age Inquisition but it just plain sucks donkey balls. Origins was the only goooood da game imo. 2 was just too dumbed down.

Unfortunately I am of the same opinion. I need it give Inquisition a little more time but it definitely doesn't hold me the way DA:origins did. DA2 really repelled me. 'Twas a shame as the series has so much potential.

bigtvapes

I didn't think Inquisition SUCKED. It wasn't stellar but it was o.k. The lore was a mess, I have to say the way they chose to tell that story wasn't the best. And the combat was fun at first but got boring fast.

You know what? NM, dude. That game did kind of suck.

I've been knee deep in blood bowl 2 on XB1. I'm probably going to get it on steam as well pretty soon.

bigtvapes,

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Ya, I tried it but adventure and shooter games really aren't my cup-o-tea. Much prefer western fantasy RPG'S.

Never really tried a JRPG yet. For those that have, what are the primary differences?

I haven't played a JRPG in a while, but from my experience they tend to be:

- Less emphasis on character customization

You aren't creating a new hero and making "their" story, you play as the protagonist and it is "their" story. Obviously some customization is usually implemented, but 9/10 times from my experience, the girl with the staff is the healer, the guy with the sword is the warrior, etc. Different ways to customize the "heros" are typically something that set one JRPG apart from another.

-Big emphasis on story/scenery/aesthetics

Usually the music is top notch. Usually the story is pretty well written and the characters are well written. Scenery as well, they want you to experience the story of these heroes as if you "were there" I don't know how else to describe it, but they definitely try to play to emotions and feeling.

- Fighting is simpler?

This is kind of arbitrary as all games are unique, but for most JRPG's I've played, the battle system is turn based. You don't aim, you simply select "Fire" and select on who.

If I had to recommend any JRPGs, I would recommend Chrono Trigger for the Super Nintendo (or Emulator) and Final Fantasy 8 is my personal favorite, but all of them have their own set of charm.

A Tactical JRPG, I don't know if you have a Nintendo DS, but Fire Emblem: Awakening was top notch. A war game, permanent death to your characters you invested so much in....the characters can have kids specced out in certain skills....lots to it, very good game.

bussinrounds

Not a big JRPG guy myself, but here's some I've enjoyed...

Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne
Valkyria Chronicles
Tactics Ogre and Final Fantasy Tactics
The Dark Spire
Elminage Gothic
Vagrant Story
Wizardry: Tales of the Forsaken Land
Dark Souls, Kings Field , Shadow Tower (& ST Abyss)
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

bussinrounds,

zor

Nice @deadheadbill what is your build? After so much Bloodborne I've been trying to do a shieldless run but I'm pretty terrible, heh. I really love being summoned for coop but PC seems to be dead in that vein :(

Been watching a bunch of DS3 network stress test videos and I'm loving the speed and most of the mechanics. I can't wait!!

I also stupidly installed Fallout Shelter....got about 4 hours of sleep last night :(

zor,

StormG94

Forever a student
I remember back when the Gamecube was out, I played Super Smash Bros all the time. Fairly simple controls, multitudes of characters, two minute matches, it all just worked perfectly for me. I recently had a buddy bring his Wii U over, and relived some smash glory. I just had to get the console for that game itself!:argh: Plus the fact I can download some old Nintendo games from my youth! When I'm vaped, however, I am absolutely terrible at smashing, so I'll throw on the Xbox 360 and cruise around in Burnout or build something seemingly amazing at the time in Minecraft. I just dropped XboxLive though, free games now and then and downloading movies was a nice feature, just cant justify it for how often I play online :\

Dafni

Anyone know Ori And The Blind Forrest?? It's a visually quite beautiful 2D game, won some awards in 2015.

My son is still on CoD2, and I am still playing Kerbal Space Program.

zor

In the week leading up to Halloween I knocked out Castlevania for NES. Tonight I'm hoping to run through CV2, despite all my childhood friends despising it, I absolutely adore it! Besides, how can you go wrong with characters like this...

S6CHr7x.jpg

Top Bottom