• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

***Gamers*** What are you playing?

SpruceGruve

Bag of sand in hand,Eyeing up the gold statue
I have been playing dark souls2 it's slightly easier than the first dark souls,but still really fun.
I never played demon souls so I can't compare to the original

Hexi

Finally beat every boss in Dark Souls 2 except for Darklurker. I COOP'd about 30% of the bosses, so much easier that way, and in general that's what makes DS2 easier than DS1. It's also more fun as some bosses can be boring/cheap.

LOL SL 220 on the PC already?
I'm SL 195 on PS3. My SoulMem is probably beast tho, did a lot of weapon farming upgrades for gear I don't even use.

I've leveled like 30 things to either +10/+5 and I still use the same 5 weapons and gear is either Soul Collecting, Item Farming or "whatever resistance I need for the level"

Last edited:

Grim Chiclets

Haha you playing on PC? Maybe engage in some jolly co-operation? :brow:
I like how most of the bosses in this one are optional to a point, though I wish there were more creative and technique based bosses like the Chariot.. but a lot of the fights are still great 2nd time around :tup:
btw- hovering around 6 million soulmem and soul level 220 :rockon:

Grim Chiclets,
Reactions: Hexi

lwien

So when I first got the Xbox when it first came out, I really got into the Elder Scrolls series and then later, Mass Effect. Really like RPG's. Then got Skyrim years ago but never really played it. Played it a few ttimes but I guess I got kinda burned out on the whole series along with playing games in general. Then last week, for some odd reason, I put in Skyrim again just for the helluva it. Totally sucked me in.......playing hours a day again.

Hexi

Skyrim is a *mood* game. You have to be in the mood for running around the mountains and forests. It's a terrible dungeon crawler, but a great outdoor open world goof around game.

The ES Online version sounds kinda good because they made the dungeons way more interesting than the maze-caves of skyrim. There is actual loot worth getting and enemies worth fighting, but it's delayed on the PS4.

Grim Chiclets

Elder Scrolls Online is pretty terrible IMO, I played a few weekends in the Beta- WildStar is far better :D
As for Skyrim, yeah I tend to agree, though sadly the dungeons and housing is all I do, I'm like Finn from Adventure Time

Grim Chiclets,
Reactions: SD_haze

lwien

Really liking Skyrim so don't fucking ruin it for me. :goon:..........;)

btw, has anyone played The Witcher 2 ?

lwien,

Grim Chiclets

Really liking Skyrim so don't fucking ruin it for me. :goon:..........;)

btw, has anyone played The Witcher 2 ?
I tried it with PC controls, couldn't engage- it was like trying to play Dark Souls 1 on keyboard and mouse for me... If you're using a controller, dunno. I do have a couple friends who tell me to give it another shot, and I've been told it's pretty good when you get into it.

Grim Chiclets,

Dangus

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
I've been playing Banished quite a bit lately...a nice switch up, and pretty laid back.

Oscar_Milde

Forum Crawler
I enjoyed Skyrim, it was truly epic at first, but found it way too easy, didn't take long to make an almost unbeatable character whereupon I shortly lost interest.. :rolleyes:

Oscar_Milde,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

lwien

Did ya try jacking up the difficulty levels?

btw, watching GOT and playing Skyrim has a nice synergy to it.

Last edited:

shogem

Hey @klipsch, I've played Breaking Point and I thought it was quite good. The zombies are a lot better than the ones in DayZ IMO. I recommend checking out the "Battle Royale" mod for ArmA 3. If you've seen the film then you pretty much know what to expect.

At the start 32 players parachute down onto the small island, Stratis. You have to find a weapons and equipment in the typical DayZ loot style. After about 10 minutes random bombing zones are shown on the map that you have to avoid, then after a bit longer all the survivors have to make sure they're in a zone that is shown on the map which gets smaller every 5 minutes or so. I've had a lot of fun with it and considering the rounds are about 30 minutes long it's no way near as frustrating when you die as it is in DayZ.

I know one of the devs for Breaking Point, and I know how hard they work on that game. It's really awesome to see people talking about it online outside of their forums and saying great things about it.

I'm not playing much right now. I just got Tearaway for Vita, though, and have to finish some 3ds games. I just moved so I'm stuck with portables right now.

shogem,

Oscar_Milde

Forum Crawler
Did ya try jacking up the difficulty levels?

btw, watching GOT and playing Skyrim has a nice synergy to it.

Yeah was playing on max, I really did build quite an overkill character though (I've been playing games of this ilk for quite a long time;)).

I basically leveled my smithing and potion making right up, then made potions that gave me a smithing bonus. I then used those to create wearable items that also gave me a smithing bonus, which were enhanced by the potions.
Then I consumed more potions, and whilst wearing the items that boosted my smithing created some epic armor and swords for myself and my companion.
This resulted in both of my characters dual wielding one handed weapons doing 400+ base damage and 150-200 bonus elemental damage.
From that point it was way too easy lol, and I kinda lost interest.

Was really awesome while it lasted though heheh

Oscar_Milde,
Reactions: lwien

lwien

Yup. I look at that as beating the game. No different than doing all the quests, the way I see it. It's all about the journey, eh? I kinda did the same thing in Oblivion and Morrowind. Fun both times.

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Still playing Hitman Absolution even after 2 years. Absolutely amazing game and the next one (Hitman 6) is going to be great too.

Radio,

Mud

Never even saw this section! I've been playing some Diablo 3 lately with a little Skyrim mixed in. And i busted out the old ps2 and I've been playing some xg3 racing as well.

And hello fellow vaping gamers! first time posting in this area

Mud,

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Any Super Smash Brothers fans around? I've just discovered Project M this past week and it is Excellent.

If you aren't familiar with it, basically a group of developers found a bug in Brawl that allowed them to run their own code from the SD card slot of the Wii. What they've done is modify the hell out of Brawl to make it play like Melee.

They also modified every character to make them all competitively viable, and modified a bunch of the stages as well to make them less unpredictable.

It really is as good as it sounds! It feels like Melee 2! The Smash Brothers sequel I wanted, not the slowed-down disappointment that Brawl was.

All you need is a Wii, a copy of Brawl, and a 2GB SD card (can't be bigger than 2GB, I had to get mine from Amazon).

HIGHLY recommended!

Mud

Any Super Smash Brothers fans around? I've just discovered Project M this past week and it is Excellent.

If you aren't familiar with it, basically a group of developers found a bug in Brawl that allowed them to run their own code from the SD card slot of the Wii. What they've done is modify the hell out of Brawl to make it play like Melee.

They also modified every character to make them all competitively viable, and modified a bunch of the stages as well to make them less unpredictable.

It really is as good as it sounds! It feels like Melee 2! The Smash Brothers sequel I wanted, not the slowed-down disappointment that Brawl was.

All you need is a Wii, a copy of Brawl, and a 2GB SD card (can't be bigger than 2GB, I had to get mine from Amazon).

HIGHLY recommended!

I loved SSB, but the original on the N64, i destroyed everyone with Kirby. In fact they had a comicon in my town a few months ago, and i found an entire room where they were having SSB tournaments, stepped up to the N64 one and destroyed all the kids playing. Felt good to be the old guy who can still game :p

I have brawl but I'm running it and all my Wii games from a USB Loader off an external HD, I should check out that version, i bet theres a ROM somewhere online

SD_haze

Elder Scrolls Online is pretty terrible IMO, I played a few weekends in the Beta- WildStar is far better :D
As for Skyrim, yeah I tend to agree, though sadly the dungeons and housing is all I do, I'm like Finn from Adventure Time
Played a few hours of WildStar during the open beta thats going on for this week. Definitely a neat MMORPG, it packs in the entertainment department which is always so important in a video game...and not always present in an MMORPG.

SD_haze,
Top Bottom