***Gamers*** What are you playing?

EarthworldTim

I've been playing the shit out of Zelda on my laptop. I ended up buying a physical copy of the Switch game just to keep things on the up and up. Even though I don't have a Switch and have no interest in buying one.

This Zelda has grabbed me more than any game since Elden Ring.

Only bummer is.... they don't include little books in game packages anymore? I haven't bought a physical game since the Bush Admin. Kinda shitty they just throw a cartridge in there with no documentation.
I was surprised to be so interested in this Zelda since I hadn't played one since Ocarina. After playing 6 or so hours on the PC I ordered a switch, never planned to own one especially this late in this console cycle. Zero regrets and this game will give me so many chill hours of gameplay and now my kids get to experience Mario kart.

I havent been waiting for this for like 11 years or anything.

My boss doesnt know it yet, but i will not be coming to work on friday……..but he will know soon enough.
I loved D2 but never really got into D3. Hoping this one is better but I think it's just not the type of game that gets me pumped anymore. Playing online with friends helps so maybe I can convince some to get it.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I've wanted to buy a Switch for many years.
Though, it's been so long now that I keep telling myself that the price will finally go down soon enough if I just hold out a little longer...or, at least that's what I've been telling myself for a few years now :shrug:

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

started knack 2
This is a very nice 3D platformer, great improvement over the first one

But unfortunately I lost my save game. Actually all of my save games lol. I replace my hdd for a ssd and forgot to put my save games on a usb

So I started with Maneater and a couple hours in I think its a pretty cool game, rally something different

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: LesPlenty
I started Zelda last night and played for four hours without batting an eye. Very few games can get me to do that these days. Pretty sure this game is about to take over my life for the next few weeks/months. :lol:

I've now logged over 40 hours and only bothered to complete 25% of the story so far. This game is massive and the new mechanics they added around crafting are pretty astounding. Love this game!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I've now logged over 40 hours and only bothered to complete 25% of the story so far. This game is massive and the new mechanics they added around crafting are pretty astounding. Love this game!
Yeah. I am a huge BoTW fan, I have over 900 hours in the game so I was ready to be disappointed in TotK. I absolutely love it so far. Absolutely nailed it as a sequel.

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
Played diablo 4 starting at release time until last night.

Finished the main story and about 75% of side quests.

Act 6 was awesome. The graphics on the cut scenes was amazing.
I’m a Diablo OG guy. Played 2 a ton. 3 kinda lost me. But ive been playing Diablo Immortal for the past year.

Id love to try 4 but I’m afraid my 4 year old Lenovo business class laptop won’t cut it.

Madtater

I’m a Diablo OG guy. Played 2 a ton. 3 kinda lost me. But ive been playing Diablo Immortal for the past year.

Id love to try 4 but I’m afraid my 4 year old Lenovo business class laptop won’t cut it.
I doubt it would handle it.

Graphics are great and the tendering is fantastic. The voice-overs are great as well.

Story is meh until last two acts

florduh

If you've got access to a good broadband they're doing pretty amazing things with streaming these days. Pretty sure these guys will let you rent your own cloud 3080:

florduh

Fx8jk0eaUAEQpSE

florduh

I was a VR Boy during the pandemic. Haven't used my Oculus in a while because I've been on the road and didn't want to bring it with me. But a few years ago...I was a real sicko, logging over 100 hours in SkyrimVr according to Steam.

So I feel qualified to speak on this subject. Here are the times I want to wear a headset:

1.) Exploring an immersive, magical, virtual world

And that's it.

I didn't really notice the weight of the headset when walking through the magical land of Skyrim. But I tried the whole "Working in VR on the bridge of the Enterprise, being surrounded by 100 inch monitors" thing. Lemme tell you, the second I fired up Excel, the Oculus felt about a million pounds.

Virtuality.jpg

Maybe I'm wrong, but doing office work seems like a fucking awful use for VR. Also... that stupid screen that projects googly eyes on the front?

960x0.jpg

This strikes me as a feature suggested by someone who has never used a VR headset before. Now my neck needs to support the weight of an extra screen, and extra processing power, all so I can look even creepier than I do in a normal headset.

Still. It's hard to bet against Apple. I will say, their hand tracking system looks fantastic. We all use the UI developed by Apple for touchscreens. And apparently, testers are claiming the visuals look just as good as the ads say.

As for the price... adjusted for inflation, the first Apple PC sold for about $3,500

51a0e1a669beddf11e00001b

Shit, just buying a Macbook Pro today with a civilized amount of RAM and storage can cost $3,500.

florduh

robm321

florduh

I agree. The game was unique, amazing, artful. Anyone else would just ruin it.

And nothing else really seems to hit quite the same way. I've got NORCO sitting in my Steam backlog. Heard it was kind of a DiscoElysiumLike.

Microsoft buying out other developers is bad, actually. Good for the gubernment.

“Accelerating the legal process in the US will ultimately bring more choice and competition to the gaming market,” Microsoft spokesperson David Cuddy said in a statement to The Verge.

How the fuck does Bill Gates buying out multiple game developers lead to more "choice" or "competition" in the market? This is some 1985 George Orwin shit.

About 50 years ago the gubernment decided that monopolies are ok. Because they lead to lower prices for consumers (lol).

But I got news for you. Microsoft buying up every game developer isn't gonna put a stop to $70 new releases. If anything, it accelerates us towards $90 new releases. Buggy as shit new releases to boot.

Raskolnikov

COD and Borderlands 3 on PS5. Love the new DMZ mode in COD and Borderlands 3 is a stunning game and the hunt for loot is never ending. I play a lot of Gran Turismo 7 too and cant wait for the new Forza motorsport. Hate horizon but motorsport is the best racing game on console imo.

Top Bottom