Fuck the Parkinson's, the Dr just gave me a reason to smoke MORE!

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Ok, here is the start of the Megacon pics. I chose 35 of the best out of 180. :nod:

kafbdc.jpg

206g5ms.jpg

70hvtk.jpg

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Hard to believe this week is over already! Seems like it flew by. Anybody doing anything fun this weekend?
After St. Patty's day corned beef went on sale so I decided to try my hand at making Pastrami. They have been soaking in clean water for a while to purge and then massaged with lots of pepper and coriander seed etc. Its in the smoker now, more pics l8tr . . . :drool:

pastrami_1.jpg

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Oooooo . . . fuck yeah . . . my whole house smells like a NY deli steam table full of pastrami. Beautiful pastrami vapor is coming out of the top of my smoker, its incredible, its beefy and spicy and, like a campfire all rolled into one. The apple wood was the perfect choice I can tell now . . . :)

Edit: Sorry better vid copy . . . ;)

Last edited:

Enchantre

Oil Painter
We just had a corned beef (grass-fed angus) tonight for dinner! I'm thinking yours was better, t-dub.

I added just a bit of red wine to the water I simmered mine in... turned out really excellent.

Oh, and Vicki, I love the pics. When will we see you & your costume? Cuz, you know, we must.. :) (okay, no, we don't must. what makes you happy)(and feel better soon!)

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
We just had a corned beef (grass-fed angus) tonight for dinner! I'm thinking yours was better, t-dub. I added just a bit of red wine to the water I simmered mine in... turned out really excellent.
That sounds awesome Lady "E" :tup:

Won't know how mine tastes for a while. I just checked the probe temp and it was 173*F so we are close. I'm smoking this pastrami @215*F to an internal temp of 185*F. So only time will tell, but if the meat has passed the break point, it could be done very soon.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
So here's a fun one for you guy's to play with...I've noticed that my sense of smell has been affected. No fret, it's common in PDP patients and honestly - with my son's feet, this won't be such a bad thing!

I want help listing pros and cons of losing the scent to smell.

Money-Bad-Smell.gif

keep in mind:

A 10 year old
A 5 year old
A 2 year old
3 Dogs (the small ones, that have accidents)

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
That sounds awesome Lady "E" :tup:

Won't know how mine tastes for a while. I just checked the probe temp and it was 173*F so we are close. I'm smoking this pastrami @215*F to an internal temp of 185*F. So only time will tell, but if the meat has passed the break point, it could be done very soon.

For a short while when I worked in thhe kitchens, I had a friend named that was the head bread maker for Eli Zabaar. They supplied the brother's at Zabaar's appetizing and Katz' Deli.

We would be able to walk into the kitchens and help our selves to the best Nova Scotia Salmon, lox, whitefish, and the best hot pastrami in NYC. I loved that time period in my life. I loved what I was doing.

Thanks for that memory @tdub and @Enchantre.

Literally, a nice little pickle tickle.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
You might need some hair of the dog Mom:lol:
Ugh.... no.....

I think ice cream might do the trick though... After a sandwich from some of that pastrami that @t-dub is making... :lol:

@Vicki next year you need to dress up for Megacon!!! It would be so much more fun! So let's start planning that costume... what you gonna go as? :D

@mvapes
Pro: You no longer qualify for this job.

35n3hc8.jpg

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
So here's a fun one for you guy's to play with...I've noticed that my sense of smell has been affected. No fret, it's common in PDP patients and honestly - with my son's feet, this won't be such a bad thing!

I want help listing pros and cons of losing the scent to smell.

Money-Bad-Smell.gif

keep in mind:

A 10 year old
A 5 year old
A 2 year old
3 Dogs (the small ones, that have accidents)
Immediately after a vape session, I lose almost all ability to smell for a few minutes :shrug:.

CON: Wifey knows this and therefore when I come back in from a session, she points to the catbox!

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Immediately after a vape session, I lose almost all ability to smell for a few minutes :shrug:.

CON: Wifey knows this and therefore when I come back in from a session, she points to the catbox!
Amazingly enough, I often regain my sense of smell (lost entirely 14 years ago, and has only returned partially - highly tied to stress levels) after a session. I also volunteer for the "tough jobs" that a sense of smell would make distasteful.

Biggest CON to no sense of smell: food no longer satisfies, thus eating more is automatic. Takes too much attention to keep portions reasonable when one is chasing flavor/satiety.

Top Bottom