For anyone interested in medical cannabis reviews in Florida!

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I finished the INSA Gary Payton .5g Live Resin cart. I enjoyed using it with my new Yocan Kodo Pro at 1.8 and 2.0 volts. I enjoyed the live resin cart so much because it hit me in the head and body. Closest I've gotten to the entourage effect of flower in a cart.

I enjoyed that resin cart so much that I built my hopes up that the .5g PBG live rosin cart would be as good or better. That rosin cart was almost the same as the resin cart although the rosin cart oil was darker. What really surprised me was the rosin cart didn't win in terms of taste as this was a tie. I started off at 2.5 volts based on a recommendation and eventually found myself back at 1.8 and 2.0. The effects were similar to the resin cart and again I got a nice head and body high.

If I had to choose between the two carts I would have to say neither was a clear winner so I won't be picking carts based on live rosin vs. live resin and will be picking out carts based on its specs and price.

One thing is for sure....the live resin and rosin carts spoiled me and I'll be steering clear of distillate. Besides you can get them for the same price if you're patient.
The rest of the story.....

When I bought the INSA resin and rosin carts I asked the budtender what volts to use and was told 1.8 to 2.5 for the resin cart and 2.2 to 2.5 and in some cases up to 3 for the rosin cart if you're not happy with the lower volts.

The volts recommendation for the RESIN cart was spot on for that cart and just looking at the lighter colored, less thick RESIN oil it was pretty obvious the thicker, darker colored ROSIN oil would require more volts.

I initially enjoyed the ROSIN cart at lower volts (1.8 to 2.0) but once I had used up half the cart I found myself increasing the voltage to 2.5 and ended up at 2.7 to finish it off.

With either cart.....I Never experienced any burnt taste or clogs and it kept the harshness to a minimum.

AJS

Calm Consistency
The CC is everything I wanted in a sativa. Dense vapor, sweet cakyness, beautiful buds. In fact, it's in my vape right now. Rich and satisfying.

The Apricot did not disappoint. Pure apricot/madarin tartness with a thick kush finish. Highly recommended if you like heavy fruit and tartness.

Not ultra dry like muv usually has! Both are sticky. Would definitely buy again.
wow fantastic review, thank you! I've loved Muv in the past, and they've had some of the best I've gotten, but you gotta know what you're after. Random pickups don't always do me well, and ya, there is a dryness there sometimes. Those buds and the description sounds so good though.

Great to see you're yanking some great flavor and it was sticky buds.

Terpenes are selling, hopefully all dispos are picking up on that and we see a new wave of flower.
We had the price drops, now we need some percentage raises.

The fact that more dispos are putting the terpenes right there on the website and the packaging, says a lot .. and I'm sure they're seeing a huge correlation between what is selling and what's not.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Looks like Sunburn's Monday $35 small quarters are upped to $40.
They recently stopped discounting their 1g carts at $25, and instead started to do Two Half G for $30.

Looks like they brought back the 1g $25 as tons of people were complaining (or maybe they were just sold out or not discounted for a sec), but the $40 quarters is a bit of a sad hit.

Hopefully their other products don't follow that trend.

They also currently have an eighth for $60 ... ugh.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Was looking for anything Sativa leaning that was close by, so Trulieve and RiSE were the options.
RiSE wasn't having good deals, so went over to Trulieve.

All of their Sativas were Caryophyllene based, which tends to be a pretty airy, sleepy high for me.
Smells are fantastic on those, but not always what I'm looking for mid day.

Took a bit of browsing as like 90% of their strains are that at the moment.
Went with their Minis for $27. Buds are definitely small, similar to Ayr.

2.6% terps though, with the leading terp being terpenolene, which is essentially just as pure orange peel as you can get.
Description said similar to Jack Herer which is spot on in terms of smell.

Smells very strong, buds are tight and rocky but not dry and breaks apart softly.

Pretty satisfied just from the looks/smell and terps, but for $27, there are better deals out there.
It's nice that is non-discounted price though.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Went with their Minis for $27. Buds are definitely small, similar to Ayr.

2.6% terps though, with the leading terp being terpenolene, which is essentially just as pure orange peel as you can get.
Description said similar to Jack Herer which is spot on in terms of smell.
Forgot to say the strain name which was Wood Shiva. Not very exciting name, don't see any exciting ancestors. Looking it up, it's a Trulieve created strain.
Description is "flavor is citrusy, floral, and sweet, with undertones of pine and mild cheese".
Leafly is leaning towards Myrcene and pine flavor, but not getting that.

Mostly leans towards that citrusy sweet. Terpinolene always gives me that candy-like orange flavor, not a bright sour orange.

The effects were fantastic though. I don't vape mid-day often, but it was super bowl sunday, and it gave me that - I just re-woke up feeling.

Vaping at night though for gaming, it gave me that same enhanced focus that I loved in the Acapulco Gold, which is also very citrusy and I believe terpinolene heavy.

Really helping me to dial in what I need for sleep or what I need for focus.

There was a pinene heavy strain that I was interested in trying to.

Lastly, I need to find a strong Limonene strain, that isn't heavy in caryophyllene, as Limonene always seems to take on the flavor of the caryophyllene and leads to a gassy oniony garlic smell.

Gimme a strong Limonene - BMyrcene strain, or something heavy in Pinene.

His_Highness

The rest of the story.....

When I bought the INSA resin and rosin carts I asked the budtender what volts to use and was told 1.8 to 2.5 for the resin cart and 2.2 to 2.5 and in some cases up to 3 for the rosin cart if you're not happy with the lower volts.

The volts recommendation for the RESIN cart was spot on for that cart and just looking at the lighter colored, less thick RESIN oil it was pretty obvious the thicker, darker colored ROSIN oil would require more volts.

I initially enjoyed the ROSIN cart at lower volts (1.8 to 2.0) but once I had used up half the cart I found myself increasing the voltage to 2.5 and ended up at 2.7 to finish it off.

With either cart.....I Never experienced any burnt taste or clogs and it kept the harshness to a minimum.
Since these were my first shot at Live Resin and Live Rosin carts I mistakenly ass-u-me-d that the extraction methods were the driving factor in how the cart performed.

After finishing the INSA Gary Payton Live Resin cart, which was amazing, I started on the ZLIFE Live Resin cart using the same volts and battery as what I used on the Gary Payton cart. That ZLIFE cart was the harshest cart I've ever experienced and that includes distillates. We tried different high and low volts, smaller hits and everything in between but no matter how we hit it .... it was harsh as hell.

We stopped using the ZLIFE cart and started on a new Gary Payton Live Resin cart and we were back to bliss. I'll be sticking with the Gary Payton live resin carts from now on.

I still have a couple Live Rosin carts but I'm no longer confident they will perform as nicely as the first PBG Live Rosin cart I enjoyed. Once I finish off that Gary Payton cart I'll start on the different Live Rosin carts and will report back.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Ran into another "advertising issue" that I've had with RiSE multiple times now.
Online, and in store, their White Durban (in this instance) was shown to be 3%+ terps, and 1%+ terpinolene.

As I'm writing this though, I may have actually discovered something that is helpful, and proves I was possibly wrong in my complaint.

The 1% Terpinolene is not on the container. There is no terpinolene listed.
The 1% Terpinolene could absolutely still be there, making the 3% total terps still possible, but it's just not displayed on the container.

So I'm thinking the containers only show
Limonene, Myrcene, Caryophyllene, Pinene, Linalool, and Humalene (maybe that can switch a bit),
but something like terpinolene just isn't displayed.

I will say, it smells very heavy in terpinolene, and it feels/smells like high terpene flower.
All of the other numbers, as indicated on the website, are the same.
.26% Limonene, .25% Myrcene, etc. all line up the same.
I have reason to believe the terpinolene is probably also there.

So maybe a false alarm, but I would like more transparency.

Again though, opening up the container, seeing and smelling the buds, I was surprised it was under 1% terps, as it looked and smelled great.
and I'll trust my nose/eye over some percentages, but it does help to have for the sake of consistency and objectivity.

Either way, I got RiSE's "Good Green", which is their middle tier flower. Their "Rhythm/Premium" is their highest tier, and their "Shine" is their lowest tier.
$30, $40, and $50 pre discounts.

The lower tiers, Good Green included, are machine trimmed which "helps to save costs"

Went with White Durban as it was only $20, high in terpinolene, and some fun ones like Myrcene and Limonene. Carophyllene only at .16% which is what I was looking to keep low.

Buds smell very orangey of course as with any terpinolene dominant strain, but it's more citrusy/sour, and less candy flavor, compared to Trulieve's high terpinolene flower.

Buds are a decent color, a good amount of orange in there, and quite kiefy.

All in all, despite my initial objection to the numbers, I ate my words and it seems quite dank. Signature RiSE goodness. Always hesitant getting into lower tiers when introduced but not bad at all. Strong strong competitor at $20 when discounted.

Edit:
Been a while since I snagged a pic.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Buds smell very orangey of course as with any terpinolene dominant strain, but it's more citrusy/sour, and less candy flavor, compared to Trulieve's high terpinolene flower.

Buds are a decent color, a good amount of orange in there, and quite kiefy.

All in all, despite my initial objection to the numbers, I ate my words and it seems quite dank. Signature RiSE goodness. Always hesitant getting into lower tiers when introduced but not bad at all. Strong strong competitor at $20 when discounted.
Meh, flavor isn't coming through at all. More of a chlorophyll, pine, and soil.
The hits are still resinous, they have a thickness to them, but after the initial hit it falls into a neutral taste.

Does still vape well, produces lots of vapor and browns decent.
Effects are decent, although I vaped, chugged a coffee, and fell asleep at 4PM. So maybe it's a bit sleep inducing.

Not sure how the flavor is straying so far away from the smell. Maybe something with how the curing process works, and not getting rid of some old flavors before the smell takes over the flavor.

I prefer the Trulieve terpinolene flower that I have, but still not totally dissatisfied with this.

AJS

Calm Consistency
That eighth from RiSE lasted me 2 weeks, not too shabby for a quick $20 pickup.

On to the next.
Went to Sunburn to snag their gram flowers, as it's good to get some variety and test that way.

I'm wanting to try their highest terpene stuff to see if I can finally pull the flavor that I get from their smell, as Sunburn always smells great, but lacks flavor. Now with more transparency on their terpenes, hopefully I can find something that works.

Went with Drunken Dragon, coming in at 3.09% terps, and 1.57% of that being terpinolene.
Also snagged Deadhead OG, coming in at 3.5% terps (the highest I could find), with Limonene leading at .824%, Caryophyllene at .632%, and Linalool at .608%.

The Drunken Dragon, while being terpinolene heavy, is not that classic orange smell. It is definitely still citrusy, but leans more sour, especially compared to the Trulieve terpinolene flower I had which was much more candy-like.

The Deadhead OG, while caryophyllene usually leads in strains like this and produces that very pungent onion/garlic smell, this is lead more with Limonene, and has Linalool right behind it. While still being very pungent, instead of that almost nauseatingly strong smell, it is more of a spicy pungent pepper.

Both strains, while similar to other strains with similar leading terp profiles, seem more balanced.
Seems Trulieve's strains really smack you in the face with 1 specific scent that leads the strain, and this is more well rounded and brings in some other smells.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I'm wanting to try their highest terpene stuff to see if I can finally pull the flavor that I get from their smell
The flavor comes through lightly on the Drunken Dragon, less than I'd hope.

The Deadhead OG is another story and holy moly is that resinous. Real sticky buds when breaking it up.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Last Saturday I went to go get some flower from a new Ayr that's closer to me and the door had a real estate lock on it, weird. So I call a few days later and they said the only thing they can think of is they ran out of medicine...hmmm. So because of that, I had to hit up a Trulieve down the street from them. Turned out to be a blessing, they had Skunk Ape 1/8's for $20 and it was rocking at 32%..I picked up five :)

AJS

Calm Consistency
Last Saturday I went to go get some flower from a new Ayr that's closer to me and the door had a real estate lock on it, weird. So I call a few days later and they said the only thing they can think of is they ran out of medicine...hmmm. So because of that, I had to hit up a Trulieve down the street from them. Turned out to be a blessing, they had Skunk Ape 1/8's for $20 and it was rocking at 32%..I picked up five :)
That skunk ape is strroonngg smelling, at least mine was.
Everyone in the FB group loves it too

AJS

Calm Consistency
What's the point in trying all these strains if I don't revisit the best ones from time to time.

Went to RiSE to snag an eighth of Afternoon Delight at $30.
Coming in at 30% and 4.1% terps.

Limonene leading the march at .91%, followed closely by caryophyllene at .76%
also Myrcene at .58%
and Linalool at .42%.
pretty loaded up.

Smells very spicy, with a creaminess that comes through, similar to the Loma creaminess, like an orang cream soda. That aspect of it is very faint tho.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Sunburn had FREE HATs today! So naturally I was irresponsible and bought another eighth to snag some free merch.
I have absolutely 0 weed related merch, so figured this would be a little fun to wear every now and then.

Conveniently, Sunburn sent out an email of their eighths with all of the terpene percentages right there at a glance, made it super easy.

I went with Ape Hangers OG coming in at a solid 3.45% terps with 1.21% being Limonene, .7% Caryophyllene, and .3% and .2% of Humelene and Linalool respectively.

Cracking the bag basically puts out a warrant for your arrest it's so stinky.

One nug making up 2.5g.

Back to back banger pickups.

Pricier at $35/eighth after discount (usually $55...assholes pricing it over $50), but they've been running constant 30%-35% off sales.
Just as a reminder, they are priced at $35, $45, and $55 for their different tiers, with the only difference tier to tier being availability and yield (so they say).

Woo!

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Picked up 7 1/8's and 6 grams of wax for $247 from TL, I thought that was a steal (the flower is the same skunk ape I got before and its slightly over 30%)...haven't had wax in a long time because the wax I've seen previously was very runny and you couldn't get it all out of the container; this wax is much more solid and so far I'm enjoying it.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Decided to be the Guinea pig for RiSE concentrates.
Their Cured Resin is on sale from $40 to $32, and their Live Resin is on sale for $40 from $50.

As a refresher
Cured Resin means the bud cures before being made into concentrates
Live Resin is flash frozen right after harvest and then made into concentrates

I went with the Cured Resin.
74% thc and over 8% terps.

There isn't much texture to it, it's more of a sauce in appearance.
When scooped though, you start to see that sugary gritty texture a bit. It's not gooey like a distillate, it's soft and cuts well.

Being White Durban, similar to their flower, it is high in terpinolene and smells very orangey. Looking back, I had said the flower was more citrusy/sour, this concentrate is more of a candy orange.

Good all around, happy with it for $32/g.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Being White Durban, similar to their flower, it is high in terpinolene and smells very orangey. Looking back, I had said the flower was more citrusy/sour, this concentrate is more of a candy orange.

Good all around, happy with it for $32/g.
I've been flyin through this stuff, it's really good. Super easy to pull great flavor from.
Definitely an easy pickup and a nice go-to option if their other strains taste as clean. Very solid for $32.

AJS

Calm Consistency
A lot of dispensaries are at the point where concentrates are "good enough", and I'm more than pleased with what I get at the price.

Sunburn can hit another level though. The complexity in the smells and flavors is so significantly different than any of the others I've tried.

Snagged some Mountain Trop. The smell on this one is like a sweet berry fruit with a bit of sour. Fruit loops?
The flavor I can't place ... it's a sweet creaminess.

The smell is similar to the Blue .. somethin .. Zushi?.. that I got a few months back.
The taste isn't similar from what I remember though. That was more skittles/fruity iirc, and this has more of that creaminess in there.

Hard to believe weed can smell this way.
(Edit for just this line: I wonder if that's from the "Live" part of it. I wonder when the bud isn't cured, if there are flavors there we wouldn't be able to obtain otherwise. I guess I can just try their flower version of the concentrate to test that :lol:)

$48 for the gram. Worth $16 more than RiSE? Not from an efficiency standpoint, but absolutely to explore a unique experience.
The effects seem stronger too, so would be worth it if you need to reach farther.

_____

I feel like we're at a weird in between with weed ..
of trying to force numbers or effects
or creating something new to curb the variety craving
but trying to hold on to "OGs" and wanting weed to be how we remember it

I think when we push through and truly get to the connoisseur root of it, which I think vaping does for the niche community, and concentrates do for the masses, and companies step away from the greed, we are going to get some unbelievable flavors that are balanced and unexaggerated, with good well rounded highs.

One can hope we'll reach a utopia of weed quality.

...I gotta be a little insane taking it this seriously :lol:
I don't think I'll ever really know what I want out of weed, but I love the never ending search.

Wonder if I'm stoned yet :D

His_Highness

I'm finally finishing off the haul I got back in December and looked over the fence at the $20/$19 an 8th offerings from VidCann and Trulieve today.....I didn't do any homework yet, but damn! The specs on these 8ths are crazy for that price!

AJS

Calm Consistency
Sunburn can hit another level though. The complexity in the smells and flavors is so significantly different than any of the others I've tried.

Snagged some Mountain Trop. The smell on this one is like a sweet berry fruit with a bit of sour. Fruit loops?
The flavor I can't place ... it's a sweet creaminess.
I look forward to dabbing this shit every day. It is just so good.
I've dialed in the flavor as the same type of flavor from RiSE's Loma, that orange cream soda taste. So smooth.

Even if I purposefully overheat it, I get no drop in flavor. It is just always there, no matter what I do.
Easiest Rosin I've ever worked with when it comes to pulling consistent flavor.

Just realized we can add gifs ... game over...
I'm about to be a whole lot more annoying.

Glasses Dao GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

AJS

Calm Consistency
Not sure if I mentioned, but I snagged some Deadhead OG from Sunburn when I picked up the Rosin.
I had their gram flower in the past when I tried a few for variety, but ended up snagging a full eighth, and was not disappointed. Sticky buds, nice spicy pungent taste. Very easy to grab flavor from this one.

Got me here like..

vape GIF by Team Coco

AJS

Calm Consistency
SIX half gram carts from Sunburn for $60.
Not for me, but solid deal for cart lovers.

They used to do a GRAM for $25, so 3 grams for $75, so this is discounted even further from that, with 3 grams at $60.

Top Bottom