For anyone interested in medical cannabis reviews in Florida!

nickolas

Ok so based on the litmus paper test everything appears fine and I’ve been able to salvage all the stinky bud i have run into besides the two samples I returned for a credit. I will say this issue of off smelling bud is not uncommon or limited to one dispensary. I’ve decided not to name and shame because the issue appears to be correctable with a little tlc.

So I’ve had may card for 6 months now and will review all the dispensaries I’ve been to.

the first place I visited was TL and overall they are a decent value with decent overall flower and customer service. I find their 9lb hammer to be their best all around offering and sour og chem is great when they actually have it.

curaleaf was the 2nd place I visited and I find they are the best value flower in the program. I find the Afghan is generally as good TL hash plant but when it is on sale can be had for cheaper. Customer service is good.

medmen flower here is a bit over priced but you can inspect and smell the product you are buying and customer service is good.

grow healthy is also a bit over priced but does seem to have good flower offerings I will say they sell the cheapest live rosin in the program and it isn’t bad at all. Good customer service.

muv only bought flower here once but was good quality bud but they don’t do many deals and are a bit pricey but you can smell the bud before buying here.

rise has decent bud and is good value overall they also almost always have 1:1 flower which is good stuff. Customer service is good but they have limited concentrates.

vidacann offers good flower but it is a bit pricey as they have few deals but you do get a humidity pack with ur bud so that’s nice they also have a somewhat limited concentrate selection

iammyself

I picked up an 1/8th of Bubba Kush and Jilly Bean at Grow Healthy today. When I got home and opened them up, the Jilly Bean looked short. So I pulled out the scale, tarred with the empty container, put the flower back in, and sure enough it was 1 g short.

I sent an email to support@growhealthy.com with the photo, and explained the situation. They responded 7 minutes later apologizing, and saying they credited my account $12 for a future purchase.

I’ve always been too trusting that the weights were accurate since it’s a regulated medical market. I guess I need to start weighing anything that looks suspect.

5E70E891-1791-47C6-AD4C-840EEB78C08B.jpeg

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I've been doing the weigh in for each order and I have found that most of my 1/8ths are a tiny bit over. There have been some that are a tiny bit under but it either evens itself out or is slightly over in terms of total order.

Even though I haven't been shorted in terms of total order, I will continue weighing everything. One mistake I won't make again is weighing one empty container by itself and assuming all the containers in an order weigh the same because they look the same..... in one order the first container I tarred/used as the standard for all containers turned out to weigh more than the others so every other weigh in with a unopened container looked under. Damn near lost my mind till I did what @iammyself did and tarred each container before weighing it's contents.

I will continue to weigh everything but I don't like breaking the seal on a container because it feels like I'm not keeping it fresh as long.

iammyself

Curaleaf is running a pretty great sale right now that makes 1/8ths $21 and their Elite Live carts $36. I don't get carts often anymore, but their Elite Live ones are worth it. Most flower options aren't worth it, I won't get anything less than 15% from them. But there's a few strains that are above that at my store. I'm convinced whatever lab Curaleaf uses is stricter with their results than other dispensaries. Their 15% flower consistently effects me like 20% flower from Trulieve and Growhealthy. Here's the deal from their website:
  • Get 40% off​

All 1/8ths and Vape Carts Offer valid for orders placed between June 14 -20, 2021. Offer cannot be combined with any other promotions or regular patient discounts. Craft flower is excluded from this promotion.

His_Highness

Curaleaf is running a pretty great sale right now that makes 1/8ths $21 and their Elite Live carts $36. I don't get carts often anymore, but their Elite Live ones are worth it. Most flower options aren't worth it, I won't get anything less than 15% from them. But there's a few strains that are above that at my store. I'm convinced whatever lab Curaleaf uses is stricter with their results than other dispensaries. Their 15% flower consistently effects me like 20% flower from Trulieve and Growhealthy. Here's the deal from their website:
  • Get 40% off​

All 1/8ths and Vape Carts Offer valid for orders placed between June 14 -20, 2021. Offer cannot be combined with any other promotions or regular patient discounts. Craft flower is excluded from this promotion.
That's a great sale!!

I couldn't agree more about most of their flower being sub par. For sure I would take a pass on anything pre-ground. The two strains below might be worth a shot at 40% off if the cure and trim isn't really bad. Since working through more of what I recently purchased.....some of it was so dry, taste was muted and didn't vape well. For @21 though I might consider checking an 1/8th and buying more the next day if it's ok.

- Brandywine Flower (18%) - reg price $35)
- Mini Buds Purple Sunset (16%) - reg price $25

iammyself

Curaleaf flower is very hit or miss. I picked up a couple eighths of Brandy Wine, and an eighth of Orange Kush Cake.

E465636D-3FD0-4262-85DE-DCA4E4C8124A.jpeg

The Brandy Wine had a lot of larf and trim in it. The large buds weighed 3.2g, and the flavor is good, but even at $21 that’s not great in appearance.

BB2AABDA-636B-45E0-89A6-2FEBEB3D9926.jpeg

The Orange Kush Cake looks much better. Pretty much the opposite of last time I got it. Last time, it looked like the Brandy Wine photo with larf and trim. These buds have some very interesting orange coloring I can’t wait to taste.

His_Highness

Curaleaf flower is very hit or miss. I picked up a couple eighths of Brandy Wine, and an eighth of Orange Kush Cake.

View attachment 9228

The Brandy Wine had a lot of larf and trim in it. The large buds weighed 3.2g, and the flavor is good, but even at $21 that’s not great in appearance.

View attachment 9227

The Orange Kush Cake looks much better. Pretty much the opposite of last time I got it. Last time, it looked like the Brandy Wine photo with larf and trim. These buds have some very interesting orange coloring I can’t wait to taste.
Excited to hear how it all vapes! The Orange Kush Cake looks promising.

iammyself

Excited to hear how it all vapes! The Orange Kush Cake looks promising.
It’s ok. Not great, not terrible. Both the Orange Kush Cake and Brandy Wine have decent flavor, I’d call it average for taste. The vapor is a bit harsh, even at low temps. I like the effects of Curaleaf flower a lot. Most of their strains are energetic and uplifting, without the paranoia or anxiety some strains with those effects give me.

His_Highness

It’s ok. Not great, not terrible. Both the Orange Kush Cake and Brandy Wine have decent flavor, I’d call it average for taste. The vapor is a bit harsh, even at low temps. I like the effects of Curaleaf flower a lot. Most of their strains are energetic and uplifting, without the paranoia or anxiety some strains with those effects give me.
Thanks for the info! Sounds like it lines up with my last experience. For 40% off it sounds like its worth it....

nickolas

You know I’ve found if bud vapes harsh you can get rid of a lot of the harshness if you blow hot air through the bud 225f for about 10 min. You have to do this after it’s ground up btw but it seems to burn off most of the harsh stuff while still leaving most of the good stuff behind.

iammyself

I had/have two orders for delivery. One from Grow Healthy placed on 6/10, and one from Curaleaf placed 6/19. Curaleaf delivered today, 6/20, less than 24 hours after placing the order. Grow Healthy is scheduled for delivery Tuesday, 6/22!

Twelve days for delivery is ridiculous. Particularly so when my flower rec is up, the order has a half oz of my rec in it, and I’m running low. It worked out in my favor though.

The original order was for 3 different Littles at $35. But since it hasn’t been delivered yet, and they’re having a Father’s Day sale, I was able to get the discount applied to the order. I also added a gram of White 99 live rosin, and an eighth of Master Grower Florida Keys to see what top shelf is all about. $196 for a half oz and a gram of live rosin. Still doesn’t make up for 12 day delivery though.

iammyself

Well, the Grow Healthy delivery just happened and the results were mixed. I had an eighth each of White 99 Littles, Silicon Valley OG Littles, Durban Funk Littles, Master Grower Series Florida Keys, and a gram of White 99 live rosin. I was just sitting down to lunch when it came, so I didn't open the stapled paper bags it was delivered in. When I finally did, the White 99 live rosin wasn't in the bag. The driver forgot to grab it out of the cooler. I had to call the main customer service number, and have them send the driver back. By then, he was almost a half hour away. I felt bad for him having to come all the way back, but it was his mistake.

IMG_0852.jpeg

First is super funky Durban Funk with 27% THC and 1.5% terpenes. This smells so funky, like Space Bomb or Jack Herer, it's hard to believe it's the lowest terpene flower of the group.

IMG_0854.jpeg

Next is one of my personal favorites, White 99, at 29.5% THC and 1.9% terpenes. I love the uplifting effects and flavor of White 99.

IMG_0857.jpeg

And something for later in the evening, Silicon Valley OG, at 25% THC and 2.2% terpenes.

IMG_0859.jpeg

Last is the Master Grower Series, Grow Healthy's top tier, in Florida Keys. This is 23.5% THC, the lowest of the four, and 1.9% terpenes. It looks and smells crazy good. I can't wait to give it a try. I'll have to ration it out to justify the cost though, I'd hate to blow through it in a day.

IMG_0860.jpeg

Florida Keys closeup.

iammyself

@iammyself ... The haul looks so much better than what I got from Curaleaf.....
For sure it’s 100% better than the last couple flower purchases I got from Curaleaf. They tricked me with a few good batches of Layer Cake, and I’ve been trying everything they have ever since hoping to find something as good. There hasn’t been. I’d say this is the best overall variety of excellent flower I’ve purchased from one dispensary. Typically, a dispo has one or two good strains and everything else is meh. That used to include Grow Healthy for me. These are all on point so far.

iammyself

I had my recertification visit with my doctor today. I started used Marijuana Doctor back when I joined the program in 2018. I was having a hard time finding a legit, non-scam, doctor specializing in medical cannabis as it was still early days. The first one I called to make an appointment wanted my social and medical info over the phone, and got angry when I said I'd be happy to provide that all when I came in for the visit. So I was happy when I found them, and have stuck with them since. It was $199 for the initial visit, and is $169 every 7 months now. What doctors are you all using?

I went to their Aventura location as the telehealth option has ended. I decided to check out the new Harvest HOC in North Miami that's just down the road (after visiting the Burger Fi next to the doctor, of course). They have a 20% new patient discount I was going to take advantage of with my renewed recommendation. The location and staff are very nice, if obviously Apple-esque. I was the only patient there with the 7 employees working.

I ended up with a gram of Tiramisu budder, 1/8 of their lowest tier Gorilla Glue Gelato that the budtender recommended, and 1/8 of the middle tier Wedding Cake. I don't like that the flower comes in mylar bags. It seems like there's too much chance for the flower to get damaged in handling.

IMG_0886.jpeg

The budder is very similar to Trulieve's wax, but at $50 instead of the $65 Tru charges. I had a small dab. It tasted decent, if a bit muted. It's a pretty high 78.8% THC.

IMG_0889.jpeg

This is the Gorilla Glue Gelato at 19% THC. I'm very impressed with the quality of the flower, flavor, and effects for their $35 tier. Especially considering how little nose-smell is had when I opened it. I said I wanted to try one strain of the lowest tier, and the budtender recommended it. He didn't steer me wrong.

IMG_0891.jpeg

The Wedding Cake has little smell to it as well, but looks pretty great at 21.7% THC. I'm excited to try it after how flavorful and great the GGG was.

Last edited:

florduh

I use the Marijuana Doctor $20 per month plan. This is my first year in the program so it's a better deal than paying for the initial exam plus the recert. But if they're charging $169 for recertification... $20 per month is a decent deal overall. I'd take cheaper though since this is basically just a shakedown.

His_Highness

The first MJ doc that my wife's neurologist recommended was a hot mess. We knew more about the laws and requirements than he did and there was something off about him. Couldn't look you in the eye and acted nervous. He was a neurologist himself. A little research showed that he had just got back his license because he had some issues with self-prescribing meds (steroids and opiods). MJ docs were starting to prescribe flower at the time for other than terminal patients and all he would prescribe was low dose/CBD for my wife who was having level 10 migraines 24/7. He was walking a fine line with the insurance companies because he was submitting the cost of the office visit as a "exam" while other MJ docs were not submitting claims for MJ to medical insurance companies. The neurologist who recommended this guy did say he didn't know much about him other than he was the only one he knew that used medical insurance instead of just billing the patient. When we recounted our experience to the recommending neurologist he gave us another recommendation for a new office that was getting good reviews. While it didn't cost us money to see this guy, it did cost us in terms of frustration.

Releafe Now, 3781 San Jose Pl Unit 27, Jacksonville, FL. Completely different experience. The doctors and nurses there knew their stuff and took excellent care of my wife. They required copies of my wife's medical records, did a thorough review of her records and were there to treat the patient not just get the patient a MJ card. It wasn't just about getting full spectrum. They did make suggestions other than MJ for my wife's condition that were helpful. It's $150 a visit, they don't use your medical insurance and the visits are yearly. They allowed video visits/exams when covid was at its peak but I don't know if that is still the case. Some folks prefer using a MJ doc who's not there to do any real doctoring....I don't know if Releafe Now works that way but I got the vibe that they are flexible.

Tuck

I used docmj.com to find my guy. I've been using the same guy since I got my rec. First time I saw him... "Oh good, Cancer. This will be easy." The exact words. The only time in my life I've heard Oh Good, Cancer. Mine's in remission, and according to my guy, even in remission, I'm eligible forever. Since the Pandemic hit, I've been able to telemedicine with him.

Last edited:

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
I used CannaMD since it was close by and I couldn't find very many others...this is an extremely conservative area where I live...had my medical record sent over with really no idea if I'd qualify other than my documented back issues, even brought my MRI results, lol. The doc starts reviewing and he's like, back pain, depression, ptsd, a few others....I had no idea those were in there. I had mentioned those things to a regular doc several years ago, but no of that was "officially" diagnosed; but since they are in there, I guess they can use them. It troubles me a little bit that at each of my two renewals, they were different docs and they both asked if I'd had back surgery yet...kinda implying that if I did, no more MMJ. Someday I'm sure I'll have to have a procedure done, but I'm going to fall back to depression or ptsd if they try that. I did tell them both times that it greatly helps with any depression issues I have.

iammyself

The game of Curaleaf Russian roulette had a bullet in the chamber today. I stopped by when I saw their now seemingly weekly 40% off sale, coupled with a pretty full menu of flower strains. I got a half oz for $84 in three different strains.

IMG_0907.jpeg

Layer Cake is one of my favorite strains from all the dispensaries here. This batch is particularly good, with 20% THC. Nice large buds, and a decent trim. I got a quarter of this one.

IMG_0909.jpeg

Mandarin Cookies has a terrific nose smell with strong cookie notes and 15% THC.

IMG_0911.jpeg

The worst looking, but strongest smelling by far, is Afghani at 16% THC. I think of this as a classic weed strain, reminding me of what I used to get back in the '90s.

His_Highness

Has anyone else noticed that their Trulieve location is no longer posting the flower's THC%? What's up with that?

I've mentioned before that the MAC 1 I got from One Plant was listed at 15% and it was some of the best flower I have had. Still, I try to steer clear of any flower below 20% unless I get a glowing recommendation like I did with the MAC 1. My reasoning, which may be flawed, is that a high THC% is indicative of care taken for a solid grow and cure.

Could be strictly anecdotal but I can't remember any flower being above 20% that wasn't above average. What isn't anecdotal is the number of times I've had flower below 20% that was below average.

Should be mentioned that my "average" classification used to be what I would have called "good" a couple years ago because the high end flower available these days has raised the bar a good bit.

Tuck

$15 1/8ths at Curaleaf was too good of a deal for me to pass up. I picked up 2oz for $240. Got some of everything they had - Black Widow, Citradelic Sunset, Strawberry Diesel, Lilac Diesel, Grape Diamond, and Orange Kush Cake. It's all 14-16% though. Just tried the Citradelic Sunset and it's doing the job.

Top Bottom