For anyone interested in medical cannabis reviews in Florida!

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Just re-certified today and my doctor told me that Grow Healthy is the largest producer of flower in the state. I said there isn't one here, she said there is one in Ocala. I might have to make the 40 minute drive, doubtful I will though as long as Trulieve is getting decent flower, maybe someday.

iammyself

@CrazyDiamond, I would say it’s worth the drive, at least to get the new patient discounts and see what the best has to offer. I stopped by mine today to pick up an eighth. I ended up getting Queso Perro. It comes it at a whopping 32.9% total cannabinoids, and 2.471% total terpenes. Whoever is doing the growing at grow healthy seems to know something the other dispensaries don’t.

D3556DF7-7A77-4E76-B8F0-1AA3DF20F9F8.jpeg

D9EFBBA7-90C2-49DF-8745-9D723946DFED.jpeg

Attachments

• AAAQ413-082620-QSPO-2-10122020-COA.pdf
    368.1 KB · Views: 2

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Gave a wow earlier and didn't have time to reply till now...that is beautiful @iammyself and that THC% is off the charts for Florida. The issue is time, it is not a short drive and if there are any accidents you are pretty much stuck (not a lot of exits between here and there) and really the only way is turnpike to 75 or up 301 which has lights....I'll get there at some point I'm sure...maybe I'll sound a little selfish but they should open one in my area lol.

Tuck

I hope they take care of you whenever you make it over there, @CrazyDiamond. My suggestion is wait for your month to flip and then blow your flower rec on their first time patient discount. I'm always impressed by their nice dense big buds. It's not uncommon for me to have a big ole 2-3g bud in a cup. my buddy in Daytona said he was not impressed with GrowHealthy and said his 8th was a stemmy. So, YMMV, but they've been my go to Flower shop since July. It's fun because they have a bunch of new strains I've never tried before, so just about every time I go I come back with something new. It's a nice change of pace after nearly 2 years of TL Flower. Don't get me wrong btw, I like TL flower. It's just nice to have another place with consistently good and strong Flower.

Yesterday was the first time I got seconds on stuff, I got some Littles of the Queso Perro (23%) and Stardawg (18%) at GrowHealthy. I really like both of those strains and couldn't resist that discount. For the Queso Perro, it wasn't that little - It could have passed as a normal cup at TL. The StarDawg was primarily good size buds but it had some definite minis. I also got a new a cup I never had before - some Jilly Bean. It tastes really good. Sorry no pics.

GrowHealthy has made me curious how the strains get classified. I got some 99 Problems, a sativa, from GrowHealthy and it is StarDawg x White 99. Both of those are Hybrids. Not sure how that works out but 99 Problems is definitely a Sativa :)

On a different note, I haven't tried their concentrates yet. They just recently got rosin but I have never seen it in stock. I tend to not buy distillate unless it is on sale (B2GO@TL ;). I want to try their rosin, but I'm not going out of my way to do so.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Thanks for the info @Tuck
Funny you mention concentrates at GrowHealthy, I was looking on the Ocala site last night and they had zero, none, nada...couldn't believe it. Now I bet when it is in, its very good I would imagine. I saw that regular Queso 1/8 is at almost 33% that @iammyself posted and saw the mini's at 23%, still really good. It's a bit of a drive for me and I can't do delivery due to who I live with (out of respect).
@Tuck rosin is so good, but I've only found it once at Trulieve and it was awesome (especially the Northern Hash Plant).

Tuck

I've only been able to get rosin at Trulieve and Muv in Pensacola. If they had it in stock at my GH, I'd have tried by now ;) I missed the big release day last month and I think they have been sold out since.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Finally finished off the last of my Tru stash and broke out the Grow Healthy Stardawg. Up till I tried the Stardawg I would have listed my flower fav's as One Plant, Tru and Vida Cann as a very distant third place. Now my fav's are Grow Healthy, One Plant, Tru and Vida Cann.

I didn't tell the wife I opened/ground up some GH flower just to see if she would notice. I noticed right away how good it was. I was walking through the family room when she said "Whatever that new stuff is we need to get more"!

I totally agree with the previous descriptions of the smell and look of the GH flower. I did get one jar that was more mini's but the rest were good sized buds, trimmed well, nicely cured and the smell and taste was suuuuuhhhhhwwweeeeet.

Next up is 99 Problems.....

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Saw the Tru email for the new cultivar collection this morning. It's out of stock . I think they're $58 an 1/8th ... here's the tag line ......"Cultivar Collection - INTRODUCING A CURATED COLLECTION OF PREMIUM QUALITY STRAINS."

IMO .... One Plant and Grow Healthy have surpassed the quality of the Trulieve offerings in my area and the prices for the tiers are about the same for all of them. I wonder if this new Trulieve offering is their attempt to better compete with the quality of their competitors? If so, they had better keep an eye on pricing because $464 an ounce isn't happening for me unless it comes with a Lamborghini and adds several inches to my..............

iammyself

I went to Trulieve today when I saw they had the ground 1/4s for $25. I picked up 1/4 of Yellow Jack (Jack Herer x Lemon Lotus), and decided to get 1/8 of Space Bomb while I was at it.

IMG_0079.jpg

The ground flower smells pretty good this time, the THC is at 20.695%, and I was surprised to see it clumping up and sticking together when I opened it. No lab report available, so I don't know the terpene %. Overall, this seems to be a hit in the Trulieve ground flower hit-or-miss game. I'll give it a try tonight.

IMG_0080.jpg

The Space Bomb looks ok, but has a lot of minis in it. It is one of their budget $33 1/8, so I'm not complaining. It has decent flavor coming in at 1.2% terpenes and 20.725% THC. Nothing super special, but worth the price.

IMG_0081.jpg

The biggest bud in the bunch. Overall, this week's haul was much more a value proposition than the typical pursuit of quality.

FLelder ent

I went to Trulieve today when I saw they had the ground 1/4s for $25. I picked up 1/4 of Yellow Jack (Jack Herer x Lemon Lotus), and decided to get 1/8 of Space Bomb while I was at it.

The ground flower smells pretty good this time, the THC is at 20.695%, and I was surprised to see it clumping up and sticking together when I opened it. No lab report available, so I don't know the terpene %. Overall, this seems to be a hit in the Trulieve ground flower hit-or-miss game. I'll give it a try tonight.

The Space Bomb looks ok, but has a lot of minis in it. It is one of their budget $33 1/8, so I'm not complaining. It has decent flavor coming in at 1.2% terpenes and 20.725% THC. Nothing super special, but worth the price.

The biggest bud in the bunch. Overall, this week's haul was much more a value proposition than the typical pursuit of quality.

Lol, I did the same exact thing...Space Bomb and Yellow Jacket, and I also picked up the Cloud 9 and Dream Kush ground...

But ......while I was waiting in the TL lobby, this lady starts mouthing off about the wait time, complaining out loud for all to hear. The front desk people told her to complain to corporate and/or order online. The last time I was there, a few weeks ago, something similar happened, 2 men start yelling out how they are sick of waiting, and seeing other people get called before them. It's getting a little scary @ TL Dania. :peace:

FLelder ent

Ha! I think of Dania as the nice part of town. I go to the Trulieve in Miami Gardens.
@FLelder ent I grew up down there...it's ALL scary now. I will visit my parents and brother there but not live there (my brother used to own Groove Surf and Skate in Dania till the landlord f'd over the whole complex.
It definitely is a sketchy neighborhood, but alot of new development in the area..Dania Pointe, Aldis', etc.

Liberty Health Services and Rise are the other dispensaries close by. I have tried both but haven't been impressed, although it seems like Rise is trying to up their game with some sales discounts. :peace:

iammyself

I saw Grow Healthy had some littles in stock yesterday, so I picked up an 1/8 of Queso Perro, and 1/8 of Silicone Valley OG. I was surprised by the lab reports showing only 1% terpenes for the Queso, and 0.873% for the Silicone Valley OG. Total cannabinoids is 27.674% for the Queso and 25.664 for the SVOG. But the Queso Perro still smells and tastes amazing. The SVOG has a little hay-ish smell, I haven’t tried it yet.

D38019BF-6666-406F-819F-88F60C6FD8D1.jpeg

The whole SVOG 1/8.

F3C532AE-A26D-4B1F-8966-3178595B22F1.jpeg

The best SVOG nug.

B8D683A5-D7C9-4020-803A-51FD97DC64E7.jpeg

The whole Queso Perro 1/8.

534F85F4-9571-487B-9A5D-4952096CAEA7.jpeg

The best Queso nug.

Edit: after having a Mighty bowl of the Queso and a couple vapcaps of the SVOG, I’m shocked at the low terpene % in the lab reports. There was as much flavor as ever with Grow Healthy, the SVOG got pungent smelling when ground. The THC % in the lab reports seem on point though. ;)

Last edited:

Okla68

Saw the Tru email for the new cultivar collection this morning. It's out of stock . I think they're $58 an 1/8th ... here's the tag line ......"Cultivar Collection - INTRODUCING A CURATED COLLECTION OF PREMIUM QUALITY STRAINS."

IMO .... One Plant and Grow Healthy have surpassed the quality of the Trulieve offerings in my area and the prices for the tiers are about the same for all of them. I wonder if this new Trulieve offering is their attempt to better compete with the quality of their competitors? If so, they had better keep an eye on pricing because $464 an ounce isn't happening for me unless it comes with a Lamborghini and adds several inches to my..............
It would have to come with a BJ before I would pay $58@1/8 oz of Any Flower !!

FLelder ent

I saw that LHS near me was having a "sale" on Super Glue Haze flower , popcorn (Tier 3) for $28/3.5g. Not bad at all ...... 17.546 % THC, 2.381 terps....and it was a such a pleasant experience compared to the TL nearby....there was plenty of parking, I ordered online for pickup, I walked in when I got there, and I walked out within 3 minutes. The flower isn't dried out, it clumps together after grinding, not much smell, vapes nice, tastes pleasant.... I am satisfied with this purchase...I hope LHS steps up their flower game, I know that their CEO resigned last week... :peace:

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Picked this up yesterday at Trulieve...
Papaya Cake rosin and Northern Hashplant shatter as well.

9lb Hammer @ 21.195%
rJ9ZrxC.jpg

Banana Hammock R1 @ 20.155% almost all the buds in this 1/8 were large...this was the largest, some purple in it and barely fit inside the container :)
t7oB3DT.jpg

Mandarin Dream @ 24.891%
1obhGb7.jpg

Lemon OG Kush @ 28.836%
A4kvqQh.jpg

Member Berry @ 21.6%
wh8rzjg.jpg

Strawberry Switchblade @ 15.886% But love the purple in it.
9g5MI5F.jpg

FLelder ent

Saw that Rise Hallandale was having a sale on SoFlo Kerosene flower @$28/3.5g. I wanted to give them another try, as I wasn't impressed the first visit. I'm looking for an alternative to TL Dania. I ordered online. The flower comes in @ 18.2 %, minimal terps. Nice dense dark buds, popcorn size, slight gassy smell, vapes nice. Nothing great, but worth the price, I am satisfied with the flower. The location has easy parking. I still had to wait a little, even though the place was empty. The guy next to me starts complaining about the wait, he lives across the street, and tells me he always has to wait. I was in and out in about 10-20 minutes , not too bad, but not great either. The staff was pleasant. :peace:

iammyself

I got a cheapo SOC Peak Puffco clone on DHGate, and have been messing with it all week. The atomizer that came with it failed, and I knocked it over and broke the glass, so I placed an Amazon order for Puffco compatible glass, a bubble cap, and a Puffco atty.

783F8CD2-5D06-4BBA-8DF2-DC33E5F67C13.jpeg

The Puffco atty runs much hotter than the SOC one, around 550°F on low, so it’s not ideal. But when I saw the GrowHealthy MPX restock text today, I placed an order for a gram of Emerald City Kush. The smell right when I tore open the packaging was so pungent! This is my first experience with live rosin, and it is definitely different than the shatter and crumble I’ve had so far. A much more complex profile, especially on the inhale. Not sure it’s worth $20/g more at $80/g, but it’s fun to try. And now I’m locked to the couch with my phone in my hand.

E29C811C-40A5-46F5-B144-A4013BE3AB82.jpeg

arb

Semi shaved ape
I left st.pete at the end of 09.
Things seem to have changed down there for the better.
I spent the late 80's and early 90's in Marion Correctional Institution for cultivation I hope that ain't happening anymore.
😆

iammyself

I left st.pete at the end of 09.
Things seem to have changed down there for the better.
I spent the late 80's and early 90's in Marion Correctional Institution for cultivation I hope that ain't happening anymore.
😆
While there’s still a long way to go, the medical program has definitely improved over the few years it’s been around. We still can’t grow our own though, you would get arrested for that. I’d love to get a grow tent, but alas that would threaten the vertical integration money grab the dispos have. That’s more important than patient access to medication. And prices and availability are still terrible compared to the west. But anything legal is better than nothing.

iammyself

I saw Trulieve was having a 20% off sale yesterday on some of their $43 tier flower that I haven't tried yet, so I decided to pick up an 1/8 of Bubble Gum, Lemon OG Kush, and White Buffalo. I also threw a gram of 5G's Purple F2 wax in the order, even though it wasn't on sale. I didn't have time yesterday to go pick it up, so I was waiting until today.

I woke up today and saw they had 20% off orders over $150. I thought about re-ordering so the wax would get 20% of as well. I decided against it, and just picked up my original order. They ended up stacking the 20% off on top of the flower sale price! The MSRP for this order was $194, I ended up paying $134. Not bad, a total discount of 30.927835%. They had an inventory problem with the 5G's Purple F2 not ringing up correctly though, so I had to swap it out with some Blue Dream. Not a big deal, I want to try that one too.

The flower is nothing particularly special, ranging from 18% to 28% THC, and around 1.5% terps. I’ve only tried the White Buffalo. The flavor was bland, but the effects are great. I’m liking the effects better than their Jack Herer, but the flavor of the Jack is better to me.

6DB56F47-23F8-41C0-B1F8-57C01702E9C6.jpeg

White Buffalo coming in at 23.342%

7A67F961-6B8A-46F2-9F1C-9B1708818DCC.jpeg

Bubble Gum at 18.468%

4B0FA966-6EB0-4E2F-BEAD-B8D7DC6F97F1.jpeg

Lemon OG Kush is 28.636%

Edit 2 hours later: I have now tried all three strains. Each was better than the last. The effects of white buffalo are great, but flavor was lacking. The bubble gum has good flavor. The Lemon OG Kush is great! Amazing flavor, and I’m enjoying the high. Now, that could be because I’ve had all three, plus a dab of blue dream, in the last 2 hours.

Last edited:
Top Bottom