For anyone interested in medical cannabis reviews in Florida!

Jah75

what's everyone's experience with Curaleaf concentrates? I picked up a g of Layer Cake shatter yesterday and the flavor is just meh. Its pretty consistent with what I have gotten from them each time I've gotten concentrate: good effects, meh or bad taste

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
what's everyone's experience with Curaleaf concentrates? I picked up a g of Layer Cake shatter yesterday and the flavor is just meh. Its pretty consistent with what I have gotten from them each time I've gotten concentrate: good effects, meh or bad taste

Not big on trates other than the occasional cartridge so I'm no help.

iammyself

I’m relatively new to dabbing, so I’m not the best pallet to ask. I’ve enjoyed some of their shatter, like Purple Punch and Afghani, in the past. But the last 3g I got were as you described; just meh. So has the shatter I got at Trulieve lately. I remembered the shatter and crumble I got at Trulieve last summer being much more flavorful.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
I don't have a CuraLeaf near me but its been hit and miss with the concentrates. Most of the time they have good flavor and great effects. I particularly enjoyed the Northern Hash Plant rosin and wax from TL, my favorite of the concentrates so far.

iammyself

My wife and I went on a lunch date to the Five Guys by Grow Healthy, so I though "why not try a new strain while they have the 25% off sale, and I'm right here." I got Islamorada, with 22% cannabinoids and 1.363% terpenes. It's not the best looking standard 1/8 I've got from Grow Healthy, but did have one good bud. The flavor isn't amazing, the typical Grow Healthy taste. I've started noticing most Grow Healthy strains have a similar terpene profile; usually heavy in limonene. The effects were pretty strong, I stopped playing a video game and took a hour nap instead.

IMG_0297.jpeg

IMG_0298.jpeg

florduh

The flavor isn't amazing, the typical Grow Healthy taste. I've started noticing most Grow Healthy strains have a similar terpene profile; usually heavy in limonene.

That's interesting. I've only had 2 flower strains from Grow Healthy, Strawberry Haze and Wookie Girl. Strawberry Haze is my favorite flower I've found so far in FL. Super tasty (like strawberries!), 24% THC, true sativa effects including appetite suppression (for me anyway). Haven't had the Wookie in a while but will throw some in the TinyMight later tonight because your post has me curious. I definitely remember it having a totally different flavor profile from the Strawberry Haze though.

Who do you find has the best tasting flower down here? So far I've been partial to One Plant and the Grow Healthy, but I'm very open to suggestions!

I’m relatively new to dabbing, so I’m not the best pallet to ask. I’ve enjoyed some of their shatter, like Purple Punch and Afghani, in the past. But the last 3g I got were as you described; just meh.

This is why I got back into flower after moving back to Floriduh. The sub-$100, non-Rosin concentrates were just meh to me too. So to "save money" I switched from buying Rosin to buying flower. Then I proceeded to drop like a grand on flower vapes in about a month :doh:. Oh well.

iammyself

That's interesting. I've only had 2 flower strains from Grow Healthy, Strawberry Haze and Wookie Girl. Strawberry Haze is my favorite flower I've found so far in FL. Super tasty (like strawberries!), 24% THC, true sativa effects including appetite suppression (for me anyway). Haven't had the Wookie in a while but will throw some in the TinyMight later tonight because your post has me curious. I definitely remember it having a totally different flavor profile from the Strawberry Haze though.

Who do you find has the best tasting flower down here? So far I've been partial to One Plant and the Grow Healthy, but I'm very open to suggestions!

This is why I got back into flower after moving back to Floriduh. The sub-$100, non-Rosin concentrates were just meh to me too. So to "save money" I switched from buying Rosin to buying flower. Then I proceeded to drop like a grand on flower vapes in about a month :doh:. Oh well.
I haven’t tried the Strawberry Haze, but Wookie Girl is one of the strains that doesn’t fit what I’d consider the Grow Healthy flavor profile. The Grow Healthy strains I’ve tried that I thought had similar flavors are; White 99, StarDawg, Good Dawg, Durban Dog, Duck Key, Silicone Valley OG, and Emerald City Kush.

Wookie Girl is definitely one of my current top 3 for its unique flavor. I’d probably round out the list with Queso Pero from Grow Healthy, and Gorilla Grapes from Trulieve. Trulieve flower is really hit-or-miss, but you can pull up the lab reports ahead of purchasing to see what you might be getting. If you copy the SKU from the product page, then paste it into the test results search page, it will pull up all the lab reports for that strain. Then I go through them all to see what the various terpene percentages are. I haven’t tried One Plant, there isn’t one within a reasonable drive, but I’ve read they have good flower.

His_Highness

Captain Obvious post....Every Sunday at Trulieve is Senior Sunday: 55+ gets you 10% off which is stackable up to 30%. When it's time to re-up sometimes I'll wait till Sunday to use the senior discount along with my points to get 20% off. Can be a pretty good deal if it also lines up with a drop in product price.

My favorite dispensaries in NE Florida, in order, is Grow Healthy, One Plant, Trulieve. The rest have a similar price point but don't have similar quality so I avoid them. 99% of my orders are delivery and the deals have to be crazy good for me to bother with the TL since it's always some form of customer torture. Haven't tried the Flowery yet.

Right now I'm still hoarding the TL Christmas deal, $300 for any ounce (mix and match) and a free .5g of kief and the other with 30% off so I stocked up on their top flower like Reggae Cowboy and PCB x Animal Cookies - both were normally $58 an 1/8th. I had already got a half ounce each of SVOG, Stardawg and 99 problems from Grow Healthy at 25% off for first time patients. I like to have a Sativa during the day and a Indica at night so I try to time my purchases to keep both equally stocked.

Once I work through a little more of the Grow Healthy I'll try the TL 1/8s. I hadn't noticed the similarity in flavors for Grow Healthy strains but I'll keep an eye on it going forward.

The strain honeymoon is kind of short lived for me too ... For example ... The first time I got some Dutch Hawaiian I marveled at the taste and affect. The second purchase I still marvelled at the taste but the effect was a notch down for me. Northern Hash Plant was another strain that knocked my socks off for taste and affect where the taste continued to be amazing but subsequent purchases felt less impressive on the effect side. I also noticed that the price point had dropped so maybe it was the strain and not my falling out of the honeymoon/novelty phase but this happens to me all the time.

His_Highness

VidaCann - 15% discount for seniors 55+.

I've ordered flower once from VidaCann and while I was happy with the delivery, glass jars and the price was good due to first time customer discounts .... I thought the flower was average at best. I haven't ordered from them again but thought I'd post the senior discount in case there are others who like their stuff.

Funny thing is I would have been fine getting something like the VidaCann flower when all I could get was black market. All this legal herb is spoiling me.

Jah75

VidaCann - 15% discount for seniors 55+.

I've ordered flower once from VidaCann and while I was happy with the delivery, glass jars and the price was good due to first time customer discounts .... I thought the flower was average at best. I haven't ordered from them again but thought I'd post the senior discount in case there are others who like their stuff.

Funny thing is I would have been fine getting something like the VidaCann flower when all I could get was black market. All this legal herb is spoiling me.
I feel so much this way haha. I'm a 40+ professional with very few "partaking" friends and my only connect back in my BM days was a dude I had been buying from since High School lol. As you can guess that lead to a lot of expensive mids being called HQ.
Fast Forward to now and a glut of choices with prices a bit lower on the average than what I paid BM ($50 1/8 no matter the quality)

I still haven't tried Vidacaan, they have one in Gainesville now - but nothing really draws me in as far as the strains. The Tikun strains are interesting, but reviews and bag appeal are meh so I'm hesitant to drop $50 1/8th

His_Highness

Trulieve - tru-flower-Friday: Spend $125 save $25, Spend $150 save $50 - Purple Wookie, Pineapple Upside Down Cake, binske Wynwood Citrus OG, Reggae Cowboy.

Concentrates: Truwax and Trucrumble: Buy 2 get one free. Not stackable and excludes Blue River products.

Jah75

I have not been totally in love with TRUwax lately. I have both the Rae Bae and the PBCxAnimal Face - but they kind of both taste like lemon soap. I seem to get that taste from most TL Crumble, shatter, and wax. Id like to try the cold cure - but think I will wait till my card renewal discount next month and grab 2 for 120

iammyself

I went to Trulieve to take advantage of the $50 off $150 on flower (it applied to all flower, not just the strains listed in the ad). Naturally, they messed the order up. I had two 1/8ths of Northern Hash Plant, an 1/8th of Purple Wookie, and an 1/8th of Member Berry for a total of $102 for a half oz. When I got there, there was only one 1/8th of Northern Hash Plant. They didn’t have anything at the same $33 price, so I got another Member Berry for $10 more. Still not bad at $112 for a mix and match half oz.

I’m not too upset, I’ve been wanting to get Member Berry again. It was one of the first strains I tired when I first started dry herb vaping last summer, and I remember it tasting great. I just tried a bowl in the Mighty, and it tasted just as good as I remember. I'm happy to have 1/4 of that, much as I like the NHP.

IMG_0327.jpg

Member Berry at 22% cannabinoids and 0.993% terpenes.

IMG_0328.jpg

Closeup of my Member :lol:

IMG_0329.jpg

Northern Hash Plant at 17.8% cannabinoids and 1.1% terpenes.

IMG_0330.jpg

NHP closeup

IMG_0331.jpg

Purple Wookie at 17.3% cannabinoids and 0.9% terpenes.

IMG_0332.jpg

Closeup of the "Purple" Wookie. I haven't tried this one before, it's the new strain of the bunch.

Attachments

• 18274_0000094788.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • 18331_0000084536.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 18335_0000087409.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

His_Highness

@iammyself - reminds me of the delivery where TL called me the night before the delivery to tell me "we're all out of NHP and the other $33 eighths. Do you want to substitute any of the higher priced strains"? I said "Sure, if you're only charging me $33". Nope.

I'm a big believer in the supply and demand curve and can't wait till TL gets bitch-slapped with it. I got a sneaking suspicion it's already started.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
I got some Member Berry the same time I got the Binske above...I feel this is the best Member Berry they've sold yet (had it multiple times). This batch just seems so much pungent and flavorful.

His_Highness

Trulieve 2/6 and 2/7 - .5 oz for $150, 1 oz for $275 and 2.5 oz for $675 - Not stackable. Can mix and match but only applies to $33, $43 and $53 priced 1/8s. Excludes Sunshine, Bellamy Brothers, Binske, Ground Truflower, Minis, Cultivar Collection,

Good luck and good hunting!

StillBiggerThanYou

I feel so much this way haha. I'm a 40+ professional with very few "partaking" friends and my only connect back in my BM days was a dude I had been buying from since High School lol. As you can guess that lead to a lot of expensive mids being called HQ.

I can relate to this. My wife and I are pretty much a party of 2 here with a similar situation.

Unrelated, the more I order from Trulieve, the less I like them.

My appreciation for my local LHS is growing.

His_Highness

Here's an example of the discounts I look for when stocking up and how I work them.....

Trulieve TODAY - Senior Sunday (55+) save 20% (Senior Sunday is usually 10%) and is stackable 1x. I would use my Trulieve purchase points for the additional 10% discount since its stackable. If I hadn't already stocked up I would have used these discounts to get 30%.

Don't get me wrong....I know my chances of finding something TOP TIER, in-stock, to leverage the discounts is pretty slim. Actually if history holds 'Tru' I'd fill the cart but would be faced with out of stock messages when I tried to complete the purchase OR I'd get a call the night before the delivery to be told they were out of the particular strain I was most excited about.

To summarize .... This approach unfortunately can take several tries before the stars align for a purchase but since I plan these things months in advance I can usually make it happen before I run out. It's ridiculous to have to work at it like this because Tru can't manage inventory but it is what it is for a decent discount. If I were looking to stock up I would have woke super early on Sunday and got online to try and take advantage of the discounts that typically show up on Senior Sunday when a special day like the Super Bowl or Christmas lines up.

I'd try the web site shortly after midnight if I were awake since the emails I get usually come in the morning but the web site has been updated with the discount way before the email arrives. If the after midnight check failed I'd check the site again around 6A.M.

iammyself

A few updated on my recent purchases;

1) The Islemorada got more flavorful after a week with a 62% bovida pack. And it knocked me the fuck out! I took a 2 hour nap after 2 vapcaps today, and I slept great last night.

2) Member Berry from TL has been a little less flavorful than I hoped. Still tastes good, but not overwhelming like the first time. More like wild berries that aren’t ripe yet than the Berry splash I remember. It smells fantastic.

3) Northern Hash Plant from TL is never disappointing. Such great flavor and effect at a reasonable price. It’s been too long since I had some, despite calling it one of the best values in the FL MMJ program.

4) Purple Wookie from TL seems pretty good. I’ve only tried one bowl so far though, too early to judge.

5) Wookie Girl went too quick. I’m saving a bud for a special occasion, but I blew that that quarter despite trying to portion it out.

Top Bottom