Fog by X-Vape

Raektwo

This is my first time with a vape of any kind so am just after some advice on this model. I have just received this today and put it straight onto charge, it has now been on charge for 4 hours but there is no light coming on near the USB port. Should this light up when charging or does it only show when the vape is turned on? I've also tried turning it on but nothing is happening, I don't know if I am being to hasty and it needs to be charged for a few more hours or if the battery is faulty.
Can anyone help? Thanks

Raektwo,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
This is my first time with a vape of any kind so am just after some advice on this model. I have just received this today and put it straight onto charge, it has now been on charge for 4 hours but there is no light coming on near the USB port. Should this light up when charging or does it only show when the vape is turned on? I've also tried turning it on but nothing is happening, I don't know if I am being to hasty and it needs to be charged for a few more hours or if the battery is faulty.
Can anyone help? Thanks
Hi @Raektwo sorry you get some troubles using your Fog, although for a first vaporizer I think you made a good choice!

When you plug the cord in the usb socket there is a green led which turn on (if your usb cord is plugged too:lol:) while in charge and turn off when fully charged.
Usually 4 hours charge is more than enough to get a pretty fully charged battery, so if your vape doesn't turn on after that (3 fast clics to turn it on/off) we got a problem....

First: please check if the battery was correctly inserted (there is a - sign on the battery lid where the minus of the battery is placed) and give a look at the Edit at the end of that post!
Second: please, check if the battery lid is correctly closed (it might need some strentgh sometime)
Third: please check if the battery wrap looks damaged
Final: If nothing worked try to find a good working battery (18650 from a famous brand is better, like Samsung, Sony or LG, ) and give it a try, if it works that's good but if not you'll have to contact the Support team in order to get your unit fixed/replaced (or the battery replaced if it happens to be the culprit).

Although you can already contact support here: support@xvapeusa.com

Please, let me know how things are going with the support team. I have to know if your issue was fixed and if you are happy with your device after that bad start.

Edit: I just think ther may be a protective plastic film between battery +/- and unit contact points, we put that in order to prevent a battery discharge during long term storing, ypu just need to open the battery lid and remove that film (usually there is only one on the minus side) before to close it back and putit on charge!

Last edited:

Raektwo

Thanks for your reply. I think I have just been a bit hasty I've checked again and after around 5 hours on charge I have unplugged and started up and it has powered up fine. I've ran it 3 times at full temp as Ive read somewhere else so just looking forward to try it out now. Thanks again for getting back and if you have any other tips for a first time user of this device I'd appreciate it!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Yes I have some tips for you, uniform load is better, fine grind, not tightly packed and set temp at 2 or 3, after 10s you can take a first, deep and long draw... usually that one taste great but isn't very cloudy but the next deep and long draws will produce a lot more tasty vapor, tell us what you think. Remenber there is a lot of convection involved here, so convection need to the hot air to pass through the load in order to vaporize active components. That's to say short quick inhalation will not work here but long, steady and deep draws will reward you better.

To see the vapor better that's nice to get a good light or sideway ligthning is even better with dark background (the morning sun and evening sun are the best to enlight vapor, especially in winter).

For best results using small or micro doses the trick is to add a mesh screen (like the ones in a smoking pipe... but brand new!) in order to keep the load on the bottom of the bowl where the hot air is coming in first place, this is maximize efficiency and cloudage. Give it a try you will be surprised by the results you can get from a pinch of weed (a good quality one, frosted, is better by the way). With that tiny amounts I only vape that for a only one 5mn cycle starting at 3 and staying here for all the cycle. For bigger loads I power it 2x5mn sometimes some minutes less and usually increase temp at 4 for the 2 last minutes.

Enjoy your Fog and have fun!

Raektwo

That's great thanks again for your reply I'll try placing a screen on the bottom. It will be smaller loads going in as I've just started back up again after a long break so have quite a low tolerance. This was one of the reasons I chose the fog as it has a reasonably small bowl.

Raektwo

Yes I have some tips for you, uniform load is better, fine grind, not tightly packed and set temp at 2 or 3, after 10s you can take a first, deep and long draw... usually that one taste great but isn't very cloudy but the next deep and long draws will produce a lot more tasty vapor, tell us what you think. Remenber there is a lot of convection involved here, so convection need to the hot air to pass through the load in order to vaporize active components. That's to say short quick inhalation will not work here but long, steady and deep draws will reward you better.

To see the vapor better that's nice to get a good light or sideway ligthning is even better with dark background (the morning sun and evening sun are the best to enlight vapor, especially in winter).

For best results using small or micro doses the trick is to add a mesh screen (like the ones in a smoking pipe... but brand new!) in order to keep the load on the bottom of the bowl where the hot air is coming in first place, this is maximize efficiency and cloudage. Give it a try you will be surprised by the results you can get from a pinch of weed (a good quality one, frosted, is better by the way). With that tiny amounts I only vape that for a only one 5mn cycle starting at 3 and staying here for all the cycle. For bigger loads I power it 2x5mn sometimes some minutes less and usually increase temp at 4 for the 2 last minutes.

Enjoy your Fog and have fun!

This might be a stupid question but do you load the weed then put a screen on top of it or do you put the screen into the bowl the put the weed in on top?
Thanks

Raektwo,

BigJa

This might be a stupid question but do you load the weed then put a screen on top of it or do you put the screen into the bowl the put the weed in on top?
Thanks
I put the screen on top. So the mouthpiece is not clogged, and does not interfere with a puff. I also advise you to remove the round silver plate with holes that is in front of the mouthpiece, the holes in it are very small and get clogged with resin very quickly, this greatly interferes with the air flow

BigJa,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Thanks
Yes like @BigJa mentionned the screen comes on the top of the load to keep the mouthpiece clean but to help about efficiency while micro-dosing too.

Have fun!

PPN,

Raektwo

Well it definitely worked, only issue I have is I have to smoke in the garage because of the smell and as it was cold last night the unit felt cold in my hand so don't know if that impacted the performance slightly as it would take longer to heat up. I couldn't notice any real smell from the vapour though so not sure if I could get away with loading it in the garage then using it inside so I can take more time to vape the herb rather than taking hits every so often like I did with a bong/pipe.

Raektwo,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Well it definitely worked, only issue I have is I have to smoke in the garage because of the smell and as it was cold last night the unit felt cold in my hand so don't know if that impacted the performance slightly as it would take longer to heat up. I couldn't notice any real smell from the vapour though so not sure if I could get away with loading it in the garage then using it inside so I can take more time to vape the herb rather than taking hits every so often like I did with a bong/pipe.

You don't need to worry about the smell. Unlike smoke, vapor consists of quite large droplets that quickly condense and fall to the ground, so it doesn't travel very far at all. You could always exhale into a pillow cover or a jumper or a small fan assisted air filter to be 100% sure.

Haze Mister,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
You don't need to worry about the smell. Unlike smoke, vapor consists of quite large droplets that quickly condense and fall to the ground, so it doesn't travel very far at all. You could always exhale into a pillow cover or a jumper or a small fan assisted air filter to be 100% sure.
My wife seems to smell vapor in a heartbat! Even one hit taken in a room 15mn before... she still can smell it. When I begun to vape I thought vapor didn't smell at all... in comparison with my old smoke house which smelt like a ash tray. But with time, thanks to vaporization, I was able to improve my smell sens and I agree with my wife, vapor stinks too but the smell is a lot more enjoyable than cold smoke (but I open the windows during or right after a session).

Have fun!

BigJa

My Fog stopped heating up. The light is on, but there is no heating. Does not work in any heating mode. Has anyone had such a problem? Maybe this can be solved?

I tried: change batteries, charge Fog with cable

BigJa,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi @BigJa , sorry your Fog doesn't heat anymore, I'll try to help you.

A question, how old is your Fog? and where did you buy it?

If it's still warranted you can contact support@xvapeusa.com although I have to check warranty longlife cause it's not mentionned in the xvapeusa.com website...

If out of warranty you can try to contact a guy with enough experience to repair it OR you can keep it and wait cause I'm trying to push the boss to create a recycling program in order to collect old units and you will be rewarded with a huge discount for a brand new product.

I'm very sorry but since the issue you describe I suspect there is no quick fix.

I'll transmit you more infos by pm but don't hesitate to share how it's ended with your Fog!

lookhigh

FC member

If it's still warranted you can contact support@xvapeusa.com although I have to check warranty longlife cause it's not mentionned in the xvapeusa.com website...

If out of warranty you can try to contact a guy with enough experience to repair it OR you can keep it and wait cause I'm trying to push the boss to create a recycling program in order to collect old units and you will be rewarded with a huge discount for a brand new product.

I'm very sorry but since the issue you describe I suspect there is no quick fix.

I'll transmit you more infos by pm but don't hesitate to share how it's ended with your Fog!
I like the recycling idea and is a good way for a company to keep one loyal to their brand.

lookhigh,

BigJa

I ordered it online on UK shop. I bought it in the fall. Not yet 6 months have passed. I tried to write to the seller, but he is still silent. In my country it’s not possible to buy Fog. I don’t know what to do now.

Before that, I used the Xmax V2 pro, which stopped heating a year after the purchase.

BigJa,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Sorry but you are very unlucky... things like that happen sadly, sometimes. Although be sure I will do my best to help you in order to get in your hands a brand new Fog very soon.

Can I ask you to check your messages here, I'll send you a pm in order to speak together for a resolution.

PPN,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
The Fog is the unique vaporizer using convection heating technology in our brand line at X-Vape, it's a small and sleek portable vaporizer (10x4.5x2.5cm) which stand for on the go dry herb vaping but can do concentrates very well also.
Fog-300x300.jpg

It uses a single button to power it on/off and change the temperature (5 temp settings, 356°F-428°F), so it's very easy to use! Heat up is very fast (15s) but usually first hit is full taste but whispy vapor but second hit is full power, if you let it to heat soak for 30s more you'll got a thick first hit. One great feature is the user replacable 18650 battery (built in charger with micro usb).

XVAPE-FOG-03-800x800-300x300.jpg

The Fog comes with a 18 months warranty for 129$ here: FOG - XVAPE USA but you can get a discount (give a look at my sig or in the X-Vape website homepage), here a pic of what you get in the box:

XVAPE-FOG-01-800x800-300x300.jpg

Here a link to the old Fog's thread in FC: Fog by X-Vape

Please take time to post here about your experiences with the Fog or if you have any questions about it, X-Vape improved a lot the warranty support team and will honor warranty. Thank you for looking!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
This was still my favorite product, not sure mine works anymore though... Any plans for a sequel?! (also typo in title btw @Stu @pakalolo )

Shit Snacks,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Many plans at TopGreen, and a Fog's successor is one of them... stay tuned!
I really hope they come up with some way to keep the heater cleanable or maybe replaceable like the v-leaf-go and fenix-pro?
It is indeed a great perfomaning vaporizer if user maintenance is made easier it would be a big hit,indeed :) ! Maybe it is also a good idea either to remove the silicone seal out of the airpath(maybe an oring on the sides of top) and make the top totally removeable like in their other models with similar mouthpiece
I know it is not the place to discuss material,but we could mention them.Is it is a coil heater right ? Is it nichrome or is it ss ?

Last edited by a moderator:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I really hope they come up with some way to keep the heater cleanable or maybe replaceable like the v-leaf-go and fenix-pro?
It is indeed a great perfomaning vaporizer if user maintenance is made easier it would be a big hit,indeed :) ! Maybe it is also a good idea either to remove the silicone seal out of the airpath(maybe an oring on the sides of top) and make the top totally removeable like in their other models with similar mouthpiece
I know it is not the place to discuss material,but we could mention them.Is it is a coil heater right ? Is it nichrome or is it ss ?
I like your ideas a lot and will transmit to the engineers. For the actual coil I'm not fully sure about which material is used, I tried to search in my old emails but didn't found the answer... I thinl I have the answer but I prefer to ask again to the team before to reply you...

JEMSKU

Are there supply issues with this vape at the moment?

I want it as a backup vape and I can't find it anywhere in Canada. Even the official Canadian website is sold out. At the moment it looks like my best option is importing from the UK which seems ridiculous so I would love some insight into the stock situation.

@PPN

JEMSKU,
Top Bottom