Focus V Aeris

Madtater

After 2 days of use and 13 dabs, battery was 7%. I realize i said earlier 50% after 10, but i think i read the number wrong (maybe it was 20% instead?).

So that lessens the battery life opinion a bit. I charged it to 100% today. will see how many i can get. I have been running 460 degrees for last three sesh and i feel that is a good feel for taste/cloud ratio.

So Honestly….i feel anyway, battery life is a small price to pay to get away from 510 while i am in the house. Day 3 (well night 3) and no cart hits.

May need to get another battery with the dock though….wife has used it last 3 nights too….and then again before bed we share a sesh

Last edited:

smith.street.band

I just unboxed my Aeris and i’m already completely in love before even trying it! The accessories and their quality! Q-tips, dab tool, wipes and charger is all top quality. There is also a cap for dust/smell. And that freaking bag it comes with is the coolest vape storage I have ever seen. It fits a concentrate jar, a sploof and everything else included.

Cant try it until later tonight but i’ll report back with pictures and first impressions.

sedentree

How much material do people tend to put in for a session? I think I’ve seen mention of a grain of rice in which is fine as an analogy I guess but I’m more interested in weight. Just getting into concentrates, would you tend to use the same amount whatever the consistency? How many sessions from 1g of concentrates typically?

sedentree,

florduh

How much material do people tend to put in for a session? I think I’ve seen mention of a grain of rice in which is fine as an analogy I guess but I’m more interested in weight. Just getting into concentrates, would you tend to use the same amount whatever the consistency? How many sessions from 1g of concentrates typically?

I don't weigh out my tiny dabs. But a rice grain dab will probably be between 15-20mg. So a gram dab container will be around 50-65 dabs.

Madtater

The original release video showed the guys from focus V doing .3g dabs without issue with HUGE clouds. Video is linked in this thread somewhere.

I am a grain of rice guy, so this device is perfect for me.

I would think if people are doing 1g+ dabs, this device wouldnt be for them. The cup is more than adequate for smaller dabs though

sedentree

The original release video showed the guys from focus V doing .3g dabs without issue with HUGE clouds. Video is linked in this thread somewhere.

I am a grain of rice guy, so this device is perfect for me.

I would think if people are doing 1g+ dabs, this device wouldnt be for them. The cup is more than adequate for smaller dabs though

Just to be clear, I am wondering how many times you would fill the aeris if you had 1g of extract, not if the bowl can handle 1g, hope that is a bit clearer! 🤞✌️

sedentree,
Reactions: LesPlenty

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
You would need a SCALE that’s “accurate” in reading tiny amounts much less then a gram, like a jewelers scale. The good ones are expensive. Even so, measuring tiny dabs by weight is not worth the effort in my experience.
“RICE SIZE”, is a good starting place…..

Madtater

Just to be clear, I am wondering how many times you would fill the aeris if you had 1g of extract, not if the bowl can handle 1g, hope that is a bit clearer! 🤞✌️
Oh gosh. With my size dabs? Probably 10 or 12. Maybe more.

With my wife and i, we have gone through probably .5g since monday evening. Add maybe another .5g for the ones i have been doing solo and the couple friends that have tried the device with me.

I think my counter is up to 21 right now….but those are all 30 second sessions.

Madtater

Well….update on the Aeris.

I love it…still. It is my current daily driver. Still havent picked up a cart. Been a little over 2 weeks.

I have only ONE complaint about this. The battery life. I am getting about 12ish 30 second sessions per charg. Not super great.

I still need to get the charging dock…..maybe an extra battery. Especially if i am gonna be using it like this.

I love it though…..Wife does too. She uses it during the week. We would just love it more if the battery was better though.

florduh

Well….update on the Aeris.

I love it…still. It is my current daily driver. Still havent picked up a cart. Been a little over 2 weeks.

I have only ONE complaint about this. The battery life. I am getting about 12ish 30 second sessions per charg. Not super great.

I still need to get the charging dock…..maybe an extra battery. Especially if i am gonna be using it like this.

I love it though…..Wife does too. She uses it during the week. We would just love it more if the battery was better though.

Doesn't help when you're out and about, but I thought the Aeris does wireless charging. Maybe a cheap wireless charger from Amazon would help a bit :shrug:.

VaporScript

Nice review with a 15% off discount code (VAPENOW15) and free shipping from To The Cloud Vapor Store. Total with tax $209.25.

Madtater

I dont know if i agree with everything in that review.

First, i am a bit surprised they didnt mention battery life on the aeris. Battery life of ANY device is pretty important. I am shocked they didnt talk about it. It is something so basic, it Makes me wonder how legit the reviewer is. I would agree the battery life isnt great with this device, however, having an extra battery on the dock is a decent fix, albeit more expensive.

second, they talked about temp and how the aeris doesnt thrive in lower temps. I dont know what quality trates they are using, but lower temps is where this thing shines imho. I have tried to go above 500 degrees with this thing and it wasnt pleasant. I agree that the “to each their own” statement applies here, but i just cannot understand why a reviewer would say low temps are an issue with this when they clearly aren’t

Next i read the cleaning issues with this they had. I have almost 100 sessions and havent even had the need to take the mouthpiece apart. I haven’t even even had to use alcohol on the bowl yet. Now, after every session i take a Q tip (dab mop) to it while still warm, and it has been Good as new. The mouthpiece is just like new as well. I just wipe it with a mop and it is perfectly fine. Obviously 100 sessions isnt a ton in just under 2 months, but it didnt say how many dabs he did for this review or how long he had it for to do a “review” other than “a couple weeks”. This review reads like he did a few dabs with it, tried to take it apart to “clean”, and then did his review.

I do agree with his assertion of portability. If i am heading out, i put a nice glob in and pocket it. Warm it up, hit it a couple times. Turn it off and then go back to it when i feel like having more. After the first sesh, the hit quality is not as good. But i would assume it wouldnt be with any device like this because you’re heating and cooling concentrate. Not necessarily shocking information.

I Have seen another review on youtube, but you could clearly see the 1. Reviewer got it for free, and 2. His “omfg this thing is awesome” was fake as shit.

it is still a relatively new device, but i would love it if a “pro” did an in-depth review of the aeris

Last edited:

smith.street.band

I dont know if i agree with everything in that review.

First, i am a bit surprised they didnt mention battery life on the aeris. Battery life of ANY device is pretty important. I am shocked they didnt talk about it. It is something so basic, it Makes me wonder how legit the reviewer is. I would agree the battery life isnt great with this device, however, having an extra battery on the dock is a decent fix, albeit more expensive.

second, they talked about temp and how the aeris doesnt thrive in lower temps. I dont know what quality trates they are using, but lower temps is where this thing shines imho. I have tried to go above 500 degrees with this thing and it wasnt pleasant. I agree that the “to each their own” statement applies here, but i just cannot understand why a reviewer would say low temps are an issue with this when they clearly aren’t

Next i read the cleaning issues with this they had. I have almost 100 sessions and havent even had the need to take the mouthpiece apart. I haven’t even even had to use alcohol on the bowl yet. Now, after every session i take a Q tip (dab mop) to it while still warm, and it has been Good as new. The mouthpiece is just like new as well. I just wipe it with a mop and it is perfectly fine. Obviously 100 sessions isnt a ton in just under 2 months, but it didnt say how many dabs he did for this review or how long he had it for to do a “review” other than “a couple weeks”. This review reads like he did a few dabs with it, tried to take it apart to “clean”, and then did his review.

I do agree with his assertion of portability. If i am heading out, i put a nice glob in and pocket it. Warm it up, hit it a couple times. Turn it off and then go back to it when i feel like having more. After the first sesh, the hit quality is not as good. But i would assume it wouldnt be with any device like this because you’re heating and cooling concentrate. Not necessarily shocking information.

I Have seen another review on youtube, but you could clearly see the 1. Reviewer got it for free, and 2. His “omfg this thing is awesome” was fake as shit.

it is still a relatively new device, but i would love it if a “pro” did an in-depth review of the aeris
Agree with everything you wrote

Me biggest issue is battery. It is horrible. Even worse than my Lightning Pen and Puffco Plus. I get 3-4 dabs and then battery level is at yellow which means below 25%. There is a probably one or two more but I charge at yellow to avoid it dying mid sesh.

I also wish it had something to attach the little cap to the vape because I already lost mine and it smells significantly more without. And you cant buy any (?)

The pros are plentyful though:
- Outstanding build quality
- Decent cooling
- Perfectly designed for easy cleaning
- Looks sleek af
- Big bowl
- Very cool accessories. The little backpack it comes with is very cool and fit everything i need. Even a sploof.

Last edited:

Madtater

Agree with everything you wrote

Me biggest issue is battery. It is horrible. Even worse than my Lightning Pen and Puffco Plus. I get 3-4 dabs and then battery level is at yellow which means below 25%. There is a probably one or two more but I charge at yellow to avoid it dying mid sesh.

I also wish it had something to attach the little cap to the vape because I already lost mine and it smells significantly more without. And you cant buy any (?)

The pros are plentyful though:
- Outstanding build quality
- Decent cooling
- Perfectly designed for easy cleaning
- Looks sleek af
- Big bowl
- Very cool accessories. The little backpack it comes with is very cool and fit everything i need. Even a sploof.
I would e-mail focus v and find out of they have some caps for sale. That is a good point you brought up about losing the cap. I have made it a practice to take it off and place it in the storage bag so that i dont lose it. But if they dont offer replacements for sale, that is kinda bullshit….but i would definitely reach out to them.

The battery life isnt that bad for me, but it isnt awesome. i get about 11 sessions before i need to charge it. I am only doing 465-480 @ 40seconds though. I would imagine that longer sessions and higher temps make the battery not last long. The extra battery and charging dock is really nice. If you are having battery issues, i would grab at least an extra battery….it truly does help. I get you though, the battery should be a bit better.

This is my daily driver. And it completely accomplished what my goal was, and that was to move away from 510 carts. It is a bit more work to get a sesh going, but i am glad i am not using carts anymore…even when i am out and about i bring the aeris with me and a nice glob of nice nice. Even bought a press and am pressing my own stuff right now.

The battery is a big deal, but it still isnt a big enough deal for me to put this thing down though…..time will tell if battery life gets worse. Hopefully they improve it with newer versions that come out.

Last edited:

smith.street.band

Yeah I have mostly been blasting it at purple or red. It’s great at lower temps too though.

I live in Denmark and it would be pretty costly getting them to ship just a cap. It might be my incentive to get another battery though :)

How does the sides of your bowl look like now? Mine are completely dark brown even though I wipe after every dab. The bottom is clean as a whistle. Pretty weird.

smith.street.band,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Andjoe

The battery is a big deal, but it still isnt a big enough deal for me to put this thing down though…..time will tell if battery life gets worse. Hopefully they improve it with newer versions that come out.
Worth noting that the technology behind small portable heaters is advancing quicker (right now) than battery technology is. We are getting faster and hotter heating elements, but battery chemistry has largely plateaued. I can’t imagine in the next few years, that suddenly battery life will get drastically better. Manufacturers can focus on efficiency but there is no magic solution to this physics problem.

Madtater

How does the sides of your bowl look like now? Mine are completely dark brown even though I wipe after every dab. The bottom is clean as a whistle. Pretty weird.
I have a TINY bit of brown where the dish retaining ring of the atty hangs over the dish, but it literally looks brand new without the use of alcohol…not even once.

I am one of those people who relentlessly takes care of my belongings. Tools, electronics, vapes…doesnt matter.

I wipe it out with a mop after EVERY session…unless i am out and about, then i wait until i am home, heat it up and wipe it out. But still no alcohol.

————————
On another note. I was surfing youtube at work today, and there are a few reviews up about the Aeris, even one that compares it to the proxy. Some good stuff, some bad stuff, but overall positive.

Some of the negatives i heard were:
- device coating can scratch easily.
-lost cap
-poor battery life
-LED ring is useless
-poor connectivity or dropped blutooth connections.
-app poorly designed (i agree with this one too)
-can see heating wires on atty sides
-mouthpiece can break easily when removing (there is a warning in the manual about this)

Just some of the things i heard people say. Overall, the reviews were positive though.

Last edited:

Andjoe

While the price might be a little controversial, Focus offering hot swappable batteries is a fairly elegant solution to this little physics problem.
Agreed. I AM curious if these things will have longevity. Will they still be used and supported in 4-5 years.

Madtater

Agreed. I AM curious if these things will have longevity. Will they still be used and supported in 4-5 years.
If i get 4-5 years out of this device, i will be thrilled.

They do not make electronics like they used to because the technology turnover rate is so short. Electronics are pretty much obsolete 6months ish after purchase in my experience.

We will see. I am curious how they would improve this design more save the battery life. I mean it is pretty good right now🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Madtater,
Reactions: florduh
Top Bottom