Focus V Aeris

Focus V just dropped their newest device. The Aeris is available now for $229. Looks like the Puffco Proxy has some new competition…

florduh

Interesting. But a big benefit of the Proxy is, unlike other wax pens, the heat from the atomizer radiates up into the air, instead of the users mouth. And the pipe format allows for a long "stem" in an ergonomic way, increasing vapor comfort. The vapor path on the Aeris looks very short, unless I'm missing something.

floribud

This may have just made my Pico/Sai and Pico/V5 obsolete. Proxy with all the glass attachments is a little delicate for certain "on the go" activities, and isn't exactly pocketable, but I looks like you could bring this "in da club" or to a festival or maybe even to a stadium. I love my Proxy through by my bong with a WPA, but this looks like a great way to enjoy concentrates, say for example, if you step outside a restaurant. Usually I bring a 510 rosin cart in those situations but I'd much rather have access to pure concentrates.

Piecho

So they make gamification from the dabing experience?
That made me feel old : D

Not a device for me, as RustyOldNail mentioned, they could go with removable battery. You see larger universal accus in Arizer Pro for example.

florduh

Didn't have time to go through the whole video. But it does sound like there's some sort of Mighty like "cooling unit" going on in the mouthpiece. Which is good because they're using the same 14mm heater used in the Carta 2. A half inch path between a big heater and your mouth only works with some sort of cooling contraption.

Looking forward to seeing some reviews. It's a slightly more discreet option than a pipe with flashing lights on it. Although it will still have the problem shared by all non-Proxy wax pens. You gotta hit it like this:

WLH6TPWKJYI6PFMZ3TKCYTNITI.jpg

florduh

Watched a little more of the video.

It puts out an insane amount of vapor. Like a big Peak Pro dab. It somewhat handled .3 grams at one point. Seemed faster to get to temp than the Proxy.

The dudes didn't really seem to cough either. Didn't really catch too much about the vapor comfort though.

The vapor path seems to be all ceramic, which is cool. But I don't know how pocketable it is. Might look a little weird unless you're wearing really loose pants. Otherwise you might get HR called on you.

I don't love using apps but it is nice that you can program the exact temp you want.

Madtater

I watched the video of them doing their dabs and explaining the device. It looks good, but i have a question that wasnt addressed in the video.

I realize that it is the same atomizer for the carta 2, but is the aeris able to use the flower atomizer that the carta 2 uses? Is that even an option?

I am also curious if anyone has tried it yet, and am also interested in knowing how interchangeable the aeris is with the carta 2z

Madtater,
Reactions: 80Sixed

Joshtownsend

they said you could use it in the video. they also said they wouldn't confirm or deny an xl atomizer is coming. I'll have mine Tuesday if it doesn't get caught up in the storm.

Cant wait for a enail adapter. If you can use it like that it's a game changer

Joshtownsend,
Reactions: Madtater

floribud

Didn't have time to go through the whole video. But it does sound like there's some sort of Mighty like "cooling unit" going on in the mouthpiece. Which is good because they're using the same 14mm heater used in the Carta 2. A half inch path between a big heater and your mouth only works with some sort of cooling contraption.
A Divine Tribe v5 can do wonders with that half-inch path. I feel like this will really shine at low temps, so I hope the built-in temps go low enough (imho the Proxy could use an ultra low setting). My v5 is great for low temp dabbing, however getting it set up and being 100% reliable with TCR, while low-temping isn't exactly a "beginner-friendly" experience. If the Aeris can make low temping available in a zero configuration pen format, then I'm in.

Madtater

If the Aeris can make low temping available in a zero configuration pen format, then I'm in.
Zero config setup. Does that mean using without the app and you want an inherent low voltage/temp setting?

I am only asking for clarification purposes because they said in the video you can change the temp profiles in the app.

Just trying to figure out what people look for in these types of devices and why for my own personal knowledge.

Madtater,
Reactions: LesPlenty

florduh

A Divine Tribe v5 can do wonders with that half-inch path.

IME, all that heat gets transferred to the v5's mouthpiece very quickly. That's the advantage of the Proxy. The heater isn't directly below the stem. But the v5 is made out of metal. The Aeris uses ceramic which should help with comfort.

so I hope the built-in temps go low enough

My understanding is you can set the temps to whatever you want via the app. This is an advantage over the Proxy.

Joshtownsend

shouldnt this be in released side now? mines already at the downtown post office so it's definitely been released and is real

Joshtownsend,
Reactions: 80Sixed

Joshtownsend

tomorrow is a holiday. Have to wait until Tuesday.

Also the vapor goes down the cup then back up around it, like a puffco pro. So it's not going directly up from the bowl like a dt5 or lightning quest. Should be cooler.

Top Bottom