Focus V Aeris

Complexity

New to Focus V products. I've followed them for a while but concentrates were hard to get for a while but I've had access to good concentrates lately and love the discretion of taking a dab on the go. (In my experience)There's less smell lingering compared to vaporizing flower.
I do have a Puffco Plus I bought months back but it's finicky and hard to get proper hits discreetly. I do put it in my pocket at work (and have used it in the restroom(oh, the rebellion).

Anyway, I just got the email with my tracking number. Hoping to experience what y'all have been enjoying soon!
Got some new concentrates ordered as well to test out the Aeris!

thegoo

Been following this since the announcement of its release. After missing the initial roll out, I pre ordered a unit and just got my tracking number today.

One thing I am unsure about, the extra battery pack has been deleted from their website. It has been sold out for a while and i have been checking regularly to see if it was back in stock because i definitely wanted an extra for travel.

Today i noticed it’s been totally scrubbed from the Focus V website.

Edit: it’s back on there now, thanks to LesPlenty for helping me out here!

Last edited by a moderator:

Madtater

You can use their new app ‘The V Browser’ found in the App Store.

Edit : I was going to delete, but might be useful for others.
Problem is, it is telling me to make a hone screen icon with safari and the focus v site.

Not sure what is going on, but i am gonna wait until monday when i get it.

Madtater,
Reactions: LesPlenty

80Sixed

I did.

Like i said. I am just gonna wait until i have it hand on monday before i get really into it.
There should be a four corner like button up in the top right once you connect your device to the app, and when you click that the v browser will go into full screen mode. After that it won’t keep trying to get you to add it to the home screen

80Sixed,
Reactions: Madtater

Oil420FL

I'm waiting for a WPA to become available in order to buy this to see if it can replace my Proxy. With a $24 WPA I can use my proxy with any 14mm glass that I own & get vapor cool enough for my aging lungs. Since a Aeris-to-mini-rig adapter might be too costly to make, maybe a glass straw straight up to 14mm male? [that way you could at least run it through a bubbler like a DT V5]

Oil420FL,

Gnome34

hoping this is amazing because the proxy is one of the worst devices ever made and I would love to see someone eat into their market share there
Damn! 😂

My proxy has been serving me fine for a few months with around 20 dabs a week on two days(dungeons and dragons and golf days). Sorry to read your experience has not been as positive, I'm not a fan of puffco as a company at all these days. Crappy customer service and overpriced products.

I am interested in the aeris for disc golf though. I carry a small disc golf bag and the proxy travel kit is just a bit too much to add to the bag. I'm too concerned with damaging it, the aeris does seem more durable and pocket friendly.

biohacker

Sorry to read your experience has not been as positive, I'm not a fan of puffco as a company at all these days. Crappy customer service and overpriced products.

Damn, I just received my warranty base and it was exactly 2 weeks from initial support email to having it on my doorstep. And i'm International! This means I get to keep the old base (which is having the batteries replaced), so if you don't pay msrp and outside of the US, they're def not overpriced either considering how good a 2 year warranty is that covers the batteries too.

I've been keeping an eye on the Aeris, but like the Proxy feel like it will only produce airy diluted vape, and it looks like it also has some issues with pooling as the cap is far too open flow (like the Cricket). Someone posted about their atty causing sparks on one of the FB groups.

Nice to see new concentrate toys!

biohacker,
  • Wow
Reactions: simba

biohacker

Unlike the Cricket, the Aeris is cylindrical like a typical RDA. So it would've been pretty simple to make the airflow adjustable by twisting the top cap.
This is from their site:

ADJUSTABLE
AIRFLOW​

MODERN CARB CAPS

Two subtle Carb Caps on the device’s mouthpiece allow users to dictate the desired airflow velocity. Whether looking to savor more flavor or intensify the AERIS experience, our airflow path system allows you to control vapor with ease.

Madtater

So i got mine today (thank god on my day off) at 1230 this afternoon. Charged it. Did a burn-off (though i dont think it needed it). Threw some chemdawg L-ros in. And boom…..

I LOVE this thing. Feels good in the hand. Had the C-dawg at 485 and holy shit it was awesome. Clean-up is just like the peak pro i have. A quick wipe with a dab mop and shiny clean. Hits are cool and tasty.

I used the app first couple if sessions, but honestly it is so easy to use without it i will probably just do that unless i wanna set custom temps or led colors.

Sesh counter is at 10 already (2 for the burn-off). Wife tried some star kush L-ros out of it. Looked at me and said “wow that hits really nice.”

Was worried about battery use, but i have 2 sessions at 600, and 4 at 425 and 4 at 485. All sessions were 30 seconds. And there is like 50% battery left. So not “awesome” but not terrible by any means.

Now for the only thing i can really see as a negative. I dont know if i would be able to just throw this into my jeans pocket like my 510 mist battery. It is a bit bigger and bulkier for certain. That being said, it would definitely fit easily in a jacket pocket or light fleece or something. If i am going out for the day, i think i would bring the Aeris, but i would keep it in the little bag thing in the car or something.

I am definitely impressed. I foresee this being my daily driver for sure.

Madtater

@Madtater Are you actually finishing your dab in a single 30 second session, or do you find yourself having to extend the session?
My dabs are pretty small, but i do them more often, so 30 seconds is about average for me to get a good 3-4 good pulls when i am alone. If i am yackin away, i usually just restart another 30sec to finish. With my peak pro, i have the sessions set to 60 seconds, but i usually end it early.

The aeris heats up pretty quick too, so it takes less than 2 minutes or so to scoop, drop into chamber, heat up, sesh and clean.

I haven’t been using concentrates for very long. I was always a flower/edible/cart guy. With the aeris i will probably just use this because of the connivence factor. Imho, nothing is more convenient than an edible or cart, but this is pretty damn close.

Complexity

This is from their site:

ADJUSTABLE​

AIRFLOW​

MODERN CARB CAPS

Two subtle Carb Caps on the device’s mouthpiece allow users to dictate the desired airflow velocity. Whether looking to savor more flavor or intensify the AERIS experience, our airflow path system allows you to control vapor with ease.

I can attest to this! The carb caps do indeed dictate how hard hitting you need it to be.

Fantastic device, I must say! Been doing dry dabs almost exclusively these past few days since I got it! I have taken a couple of flower Legacy Pro hits but I have been obsessed with my Aeris! This, I feel like has been a great purchase as I can finally stop my VAS for a concentrate device! While I do get a little over medicated, the Aeris does the job and does it without fuss! I don't have to wonder whether or not I got a good dab in with this device, for me I feel it's overkill as I am a concentrate beginner but I appreciate just how medicated it gets me and just knowing the fact that this is a device for dabs that hasn't let me down for sharing with my fiance(he has a high tolerance).

While the comparison is similar(a more direct one would be the Proxy but I don't own one), the Puffco Plus is no comparison! I guess I'm repurposing that one to when I really really have to be discreet or for a 510 thread cart.

I LOVE the flavor on this thing! I'm more of a low temp dab kinda gal and man oh man, this is a treat!

While the airflow is indeed airy when not holding down the carb caps, it still chugs out CLOUDS!
With one small(about one to two grains of rice) dab in the chamber I can stretch it out to multiple micro doses with just the same bowl!

I definitely don't feel like my precious product is going to waste inside this device and it is SO easy to clean! Love the glossy interior of the chamber, and keeping it clean along side keeping the cap on when not in use makes it very discreet to carry in your pockets.

The only thing that makes me get anxiety with this thing is the battery life. While not totally terrible, I feel like each session really brings down the battery life significantly faster if I am really monitoring it through the app.
Oh, yes the app. Wonderful addition! Customization to the max! You can even change the strength of the haptic feedback.
While I have gotten a couple of random disconnects from the app, you can quickly connect it right back.

I really need to test out the duration of the battery without charging it to see how many sessions are possible because I take one or two hits and then I turn it off to conserve the rest for later(baby dabs for me lmao).

florduh

I can time it for you if you want, but it is around 10 ish seconds to get to 460 (give or take a couple seconds.

It really is pretty quick. Probably a bit faster than my peak, but i don’t have the exact number for you.

Thanks! You don't have to whip on the stop watch. That tells me what I wanted to know. That's pretty damn quick.

Top Bottom