• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

Zoltani

Used CaS switch on full power all day yesterday while out hiking. Taking my beat up '18 cap out at the first click gives me a great bake. The CaS was really convenient at times. Still wouldn't give up that button though!

I've also been wondering about using while charging. I also forget to turn it off before charging, but so far it hasn't seemed to be an issue.

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
In the same general subject, does it cause much stress to the heater or batteries to leave it on all the time? I have a bad habit (or laziness) of not opening the lid of my FD to turn it off.

You won't cause any harm to the FD, but you will eventually draw down your battery. The FD has two components that draw power at idle, the green front panel LED (20mA), and the optocoupler (15mA), which is an enclosed LED switch used to activate the battery meter. There's a DIP switch on the PCB to disable the green LED, but the optocoupler is always on and always draw a little power. FDv2 will address this when I get around to revising it, but that's the way things are now.

------------------

I am making good progress on Flite batch #2, and things are going much more smoothly this time. Go figure... ;) The 16mm glass inserts are due here Thursday, and I expect to have the heaters ready by then, just waiting for glass and coils. If things remains on schedule I may be able to ship batch #2's 15mm heaters as soon as Wednesday, with the 16mm to follow beginning on Friday. I'll be back with more accurate estimates as the week goes on.

I completed some repairs over the weekend, and need to box those up. I also have some emails and/or PMs to which I still need to reply, so if you are expecting one or the other of those thanks for your patiencel I'll be in touch soon!

Happy Monday. :hmm:

Cheers,
:leaf:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
There is nothing going on when the Flite is at rest with the switch enabled to full power or PWM.
For travel or confined storage, turn it off. That is a safety tip.

Used CaS switch on full power all day yesterday while out hiking. Taking my beat up '18 cap out at the first click gives me a great bake. The CaS was really convenient at times. Still wouldn't give up that button though!

I've also been wondering about using while charging. I also forget to turn it off before charging, but so far it hasn't seemed to be an issue.

If it wasn't for my vanity I see no downside having both CaS and the switch.

Last edited:
Got my Dynavap 2020M in and tried it with a torch and was disappointed as expected. I know there's technique, but a torch just scares me. Due to pinched nerves I tend to fumble things and fumbling a lit and locked torch is my worst nightmare. After vaping with only the S&B Mighty for the last 3 months I definitely do not like the taste or smell of nearly combusted flower.

Looking forward to getting my red Flite #2 w/ the less aggressive 16mm coil both for flavor & safety reasons. <3

Kayacuse

#8 here and I’ve been using the CAS for the last week and have been thoroughly impressed with Flite. I get a click in about 10 seconds (on full) I medicate with small doses, 1-2 clicks per session with my 2020 M. I drop it in and it starts right up. The size is very convenient the build is super solid. I wasn’t sure what I was getting into but I’m so glad I did. mr_cfromcali sure has delivered here!!

Last edited:

Jethro

I finally received my dark green Flite #16 yesterday! Awesome little heater! As experienced by others, it's way hotter than my 15mm FD and my 16mm Flix. Takes twice as long to click as my FD (although I haven't timed it). Pretty much full extraction on my Omni Ti's in one click. I can't decide if I need to tune it down or not, I should probably experience a full battery cycle before deciding. It being my super portable option maybe I want it to be as stealthy as possible and that means a one click bowl roast? The PWM is great but a click seems to take a really, really long time. I'll have to do some timing tonight.

I can say the full setting is great for my M which I use with a DynaCoil and concentrate. Perfect heat profile for that setup!

Anyway, fantastic job by you guys Jeff and Tommy! What a professional setup, I am impressed.
20210111_190954-M.jpg

Momor

I finally received my dark green Flite #16 yesterday! Awesome little heater! As experienced by others, it's way hotter than my 15mm FD and my 16mm Flix. Takes twice as long to click as my FD (although I haven't timed it). Pretty much full extraction on my Omni Ti's in one click. I can't decide if I need to tune it down or not, I should probably experience a full battery cycle before deciding. It being my super portable option maybe I want it to be as stealthy as possible and that means a one click bowl roast? The PWM is great but a click seems to take a really, really long time. I'll have to do some timing tonight.

I can say the full setting is great for my M which I use with a DynaCoil and concentrate. Perfect heat profile for that setup!

Anyway, fantastic job by you guys Jeff and Tommy! What a professional setup, I am impressed.
20210111_190954-M.jpg
What coil set-up did you chose please ?

Momor,

Zoltani

20210111_190954-M.jpg

Looks great, nice lineup! Do you have a stainless steel tip to compare the heating profile?

Wait, I just realized what I am looking at. The 2020 M is on the top and the Omni on bottom? 2020 M is SS? I need to order a new dynavap and curious how the 2020 M works with the hot profile of the flite for flower.

Zoltani,
Reactions: TommyDee

rvarick

There is nothing going on when the Flite is at rest with the switch enabled to full power or PWM.
For travel or confined storage, turn it off. That is a safety tip.

If it wasn't for my vanity I see no downside having both CaS and the switch.
After much thought, I decided to throw my vanity to the side and request adding a (green) push button switch in addition to the CaS (i.e. both options) to my Flite while mr_cfromcali has it to swap over to the 16mm coil.

I think in my case that sullying the sleek, buttonless design of my original Flite case is still a reasonable compromise to allow for cooler heating by raising the tip if/when needed, such as on a fresh charge for instance.

I still hope to use CaS most of the time though, especially after that first session on a fresh battery has gone by.

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

20210111_190954-M.jpg

Very happy it finally got to you, @Jethro ! And that's a sweeeeet Fluxer line up! Thank for your support! :rockon:

I am sorry your Flite is too hot, which is due to my aggressive coil setup for the first 18 units. Your coil is mounted too high, specifically the shorter leg is probably 2-3mm higher than I'd place it now. If you want to try addressing this yourself you can try bending the leg/loop to be closer to the PCB. Let's take this discussion to email or PM and we can discuss some other remedies, too.

Aos3327

I’m wondering if I wanna switch coil sizes but I usually like a quicker bake and not a sesh. 2 bowls usually, maybe 3. Think I’m gonna stay put with my option for right now and either pulse or remove early if it cooks too hot at 15mm. Bad idea?

Aos3327,
Reactions: TommyDee

Jethro

Looks great, nice lineup! Do you have a stainless steel tip to compare the heating profile?

Wait, I just realized what I am looking at. The 2020 M is on the top and the Omni on bottom? 2020 M is SS? I need to order a new dynavap and curious how the 2020 M works with the hot profile of the flite for flower.

Both of the Vapcaps in that photo are omni ti's. I have an early M that I use with concentrates and dynacoil that has a steel tip, but no idea how it is with flower. I may try tonight.

Very happy it finally got to you, @Jethro ! And that's a sweeeeet Fluxer line up! Thank for your support! :rockon:

Dude, it's rare that I buy equipment for my various endeavours that I am completely impressed with. You make truly awesome works of art, engineering, precision and craftsmanship. There are a lot of fantastic IH builders on this forum, they all make great stuff, but your devices are exactly how I would build these things if I had the skill and ability. I wouldn't change a thing with any of the ones you have shipped me. In the case of the Flite, once again a killer device you have crafted, bravo! I underestimated not only how much smaller than the FD it is, but how much lighter it is! Its gotta be half the weight, maybe less? Truly pocket friendly. I love it!

I'm clear on how to tune it down but I'm not so sure yet to be honest! It's kinda got me loving my Dynacoil in the steel tip! And even the ti tips with flower, it doesn't combust, and there is something to be said about full extraction in one cap! I'm gonna need to go through a whole charge cycle to see how it goes.

Thanks again Jeff for this latest edition! I'm stoned!

Last edited:

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
HI all,

The 16m glass inserts arrived today - huzzah! - so I expect to start completing heaters for batch #2 as soon as tonight. It will take me a few days to work through them, but they should begin to leave here shortly. Also, some of you have requested I use alternate shippers, and those orders will go later in the batch unless I find time to run them to the requested shipper earlier than that.

I went through my notes today and believe I have a handle on all of the color changes, coil changes, insert changes, and other change requests for batch #2; if you would like me to confirm your changes, please send me an email or PM and include your order number with any correspondence. Also...a reminder that some of you have a given name, a user name here on FC, and also use an email address, each with a completely different name! :bang: Have mercy on my fragile and compromised short term memory, please, and make sure you give me enough context to identify your order. :wave:

According to my notes, these are the orders in batch #2 that have requested the 16mm coil size:

R128526378
R160261176
R454486203
R485642555
R714463487
R826060580
R973565264

If you are part of batch 2 and want a 16mm coil and your order is not in this list, please contact me (again?). Thanks!

Batch #1 coil swaps are a separate thing, so please contact me if you want one and have not yet done so.

--------

Think of it this way, @Aos3327 : The 15mm is harshest when the batteries are at their freshest, which is the first ~7 heating cycles, more or less. If you are using this heater only briefly and then plugging it back into the charger, it may always be at or near full charge. If that sounds like your situation, consider the 16mm, which will be less harsh at full charge in the above scenario.

On the other hand, the 15mm will finish stronger after it loses its harshest qualities. If you plan on using it until the batteries die, the 15mm will give you a few more clicks per charge, exact number subject to lots o' variables.

Hope that helps

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I’m wondering if I wanna switch coil sizes but I usually like a quicker bake and not a sesh. 2 bowls usually, maybe 3. Think I’m gonna stay put with my option for right now and either pulse or remove early if it cooks too hot at 15mm. Bad idea?
15mm is the -fastest- coil. You could use a slight tweak of the 15mm coil. Again, these are tunable and @mr_cfromcali will be happy to help get you there.

DHV8654

I have a cAs model as well, I feel it is a little too close to combustion for me even with PWM. I like the cAs and want to keep it. I just need this cooled down. I'm ok with less clicks and longer time until the click.
After some thinking I decided to stick with the 15mm for the additional battery life. Originally I sent the Flite to @mr_cfromcali to change to 16mm. I was never able to adjust the coil down myself, so I just asked him to adjust the coil.
Thank you @mr_cfromcali
Now the wait for shipping, at least I have more than one IH.

akit4so

Tobacco Vapourist
Hello folks. Happy new year. And long time no see since my first post.

Japanese FD(Analogue relay) user here.
I saw this thread roughly.
Mr_C released new products!?
Omg I missed many infos!(ouch!)

at this time, I would compare Dynatec Orion and FD 15sh coil.
Personally, I prefer FD than Orion.
I have defective (internal disc got crack in the cap) standard cap and standard cap.
Orion avoids combustion both cap at 2nd click, but weaker power for me.
FD is more powerful than Orion. But FD doesn’t avoid combustion at 2nd click.

FD provides me more vapour and thick tasting(but heating at 2nd click even defective and non defective cap).
In my case, tobacco use, the situation is different but I’d like to tell my thought at here. ;)

@mr_cfromcali Sorry for lack of updating, I will email you about repairing my FD. I have some issues but very happy with FD!

Thanks and stay safe from Japan! :D

Jethro

After some thinking I decided to stick with the 15mm for the additional battery life. Originally I sent the Flite to @mr_cfromcali to change to 16mm. I was never able to adjust the coil down myself, so I just asked him to adjust the coil.
Thank you @mr_cfromcali
Now the wait for shipping, at least I have more than one IH.

I think you made a good choice. I have been using my 15mm Flite all weekend and I'm really liking it. Very glad I didn't send it back for a 16mm.

Top Bottom