Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Oh I hope so!
Fluxer is the only truly pocketable IH I've seen and it has always been a source of anguish that I was unable to afford one when they were available. 🤞

coolbreeze

By the looks of those hands, they have been hard at work haha
I imagine he's still resting up from the last runs he did--we really ran him ragged. There's a lot more worthy competition around, my comments above notwithstanding, but I think if the Fluxers returned they would do as well because they're solid and cutting edge. The controllable pwm is brilliant and something even the Wand doesn't do. You can really tailor it to your needs. ; )

coolbreeze

Barely-used Flite for sale:

coolbreeze,
  • Love
Reactions: TommyDee

martinstraka8282

My Flux Deluxe is still going strong after over 3 and a half years and a few sets of 18650's, but it's definitely showing signs of age and I'm sure will have something go on it eventually. Some of the magnets fell out and like a dummy, I glued one in backwards, so now the elastic is required.

Interesting discussion. There's definitely still a market for him imo as I just recently shopped around for a plug in one and poked around at the various retail options available.

I thought the Mad Heaters IH seemed too good to be true. And after years of use, I think I'm more than happy with basic IH functionality and don't think I'd buy it anyways. I own a PS Mini, Flux Deluxe, UFO, and just ordered a Caldron to have more of a station for it and forego batteries at home. Never tried a wand but was definitely curious when I bought the UFO. The 3 I've used so far all vary a bit in functionality, but after getting used to each of them, I don't find any of the differences big enough to have me leaning one way or another.

coolbreeze

My Flux Deluxe is still going strong after over 3 and a half years and a few sets of 18650's, but it's definitely showing signs of age and I'm sure will have something go on it eventually. Some of the magnets fell out and like a dummy, I glued one in backwards, so now the elastic is required.

Interesting discussion. There's definitely still a market for him imo as I just recently shopped around for a plug in one and poked around at the various retail options available.

I thought the Mad Heaters IH seemed too good to be true. And after years of use, I think I'm more than happy with basic IH functionality and don't think I'd buy it anyways. I own a PS Mini, Flux Deluxe, UFO, and just ordered a Caldron to have more of a station for it and forego batteries at home. Never tried a wand but was definitely curious when I bought the UFO. The 3 I've used so far all vary a bit in functionality, but after getting used to each of them, I don't find any of the differences big enough to have me leaning one way or another.
I've had my Deluxe for 3.5 now and I've had a magnet come free. Only actual problem with it. I'd love to have it retrofit with passthrough and PWM. I'd use it daily on my desktop then. My Flite goes hiking with me every weekend, one of my best and most reliable vape related purchases. It's built like a rock and still going strong.

coolbreeze,

martinstraka8282

I've had my Deluxe for 3.5 now and I've had a magnet come free. Only actual problem with it. I'd love to have it retrofit with passthrough and PWM. I'd use it daily on my desktop then. My Flite goes hiking with me every weekend, one of my best and most reliable vape related purchases. It's built like a rock and still going strong.
Ya that would be a great retrofit idea. I remember being a little disappointed that the Flux Deluxe wasn't dual purpose after realizing how little I vape out of the home. The Portside Mini technically works with the charger plugged in and before I bought the Caldron was gonna use it as a desktop, but the charger hisses and while that's normal, it doesn't make me feel great about it. Plus it's a very high pitched annoying buzz.

Never did get on the Flite train, but it was intriguing. His work was always interesting to follow. Loved the painstaking work and passion behind it.

I really like the UFO so far with its no insertion cup button operation, and I think it technically works while plugged in, but I won't test that as I bought it mostly because it was the smallest IH I could find. Just wanted something as small as possible for the rink parking lot before I head in for some hockey. Would love a slim rounded tube design one day that maybe fits in the hand a little nicer.

martinstraka8282,
Reactions: coolbreeze

ElMismo

My flite died on me during the summer.
What a tragedy!
No warning, just stop working after 2.5 years of regular use.
I did contact the maker. A ‘Fatal event’ hard to repair. It sure didn’t seem like a comeback was in his plans at that time.
I’m still a fan. Great IH.
Wish mine still worked.

rvarick

Word of warning for those looking for replacement batteries for their Flite (18350s): I tried replacing the ones that came with my Flite (Keeppower) with the same battery (UH1835P; from Illumn), and found that these are now too wide for the Flite. :mad: That said, any recommendations on other currently available 18350s with at least 10A CDR, that fit the Flite?

rvarick,
  • Wow
Reactions: cx714

slozukimc

I have a bunch of old Andy Wong 18350’s from the UPtech days. They still hold a great charge in storage but I don’t have a Flite to test them in. If anyone near upstate NY has one and wants to try them let me know.

slozukimc,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
any recommendations on other currently available 18350s with at least 10A CDR, that fit the Flite?

I don’t own a Flite, but there are a few 18350’s at link below. I’ve used the Epoch ones in my mini Davinci.
Never liked 18350’s in general…. Good luck.

RustyOldNail,

rvarick

I don’t own a Flite, but there are a few 18350’s at link below. I’ve used the Epoch ones in my mini Davinci.

Thanks! I did find a Vapcell 10A option there which I hadn't come across elsewhere, and which apparently passed Mooch's testing, so I went with it 👍. Appreciate the help!

TommyDee

Vaporitor
We tested 3 manufacturers of 18350 cells when Flite came out: Vapcell (purple), Efest, and Keeppower. Each performed very well at the time. Over time, Efest went back to their usual lesser quality; Vapcell I don't have a lot of experience with; and Keeppower was a really nice cell as well. Not sure what they do now.

That Epoch is probably another Vapcell if you go by the specs.

For really good low internal resistance numbers, LiPo seems to hold up better. The internal resistance test is what provides the best read on how good the cells are. I am running a set that came in at around 80 mohm after 3 months use. Same batch of cells had reading well over 100 (Efest).

rvarick

We tested 3 manufacturers of 18350 cells when Flite came out: Vapcell (purple), Efest, and Keeppower. Each performed very well at the time. Over time, Efest went back to their usual lesser quality; Vapcell I don't have a lot of experience with; and Keeppower was a really nice cell as well. Not sure what they do now.

That Epoch is probably another Vapcell if you go by the specs.

For really good low internal resistance numbers, LiPo seems to hold up better. The internal resistance test is what provides the best read on how good the cells are. I am running a set that came in at around 80 mohm after 3 months use. Same batch of cells had reading well over 100 (Efest).
So to confirm - you're running LiPo's in your Flite? If so what brand?

rvarick

Oh no, @rvarick . I was only saying that LiPo cells are more robust. Li-Ion cells are very touchy about how they are made.
Thanks for confirming - makes sense.

Thanks again for the 18650BatteryStore recommendation. The Vapcell 10A 18350s I picked up there fit and work well in my Flite, I'm happy to report.

Jethro

I own 3 Fluxer devices but have been enjoying concentrates more and using my more purpose built dab devices. Just dug them all out of deep storage and got some tasty flower going. Hope Fluxer does indeed do something soon, these devices are awesome. I keep wondering if I should sell them, since I use an electric honey straw directly in my concentrate dish.. but if I ever go back to flower I'd be sorry. Enjoying a reuniting of my Flix and Flux deluxe right now though!

ElMismo, what happened to your Flite?? So sad...

ElMismo

It suddenly stopped working. No drop, no fall.🤷🏻‍♂️
Here’s the maker response:
Unfortunately, from your description, your Flite has probably experienced a “fatal” event involving the failure of one or both transistors, as well as other important electronic components. I have found that when a Flite fails, it usually fail in a way that cannot be easily repaired, with the failure typically breaking multiple components
:bang:

I had to move on to other toys !
:science::D

Top Bottom