• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Flower Mill

the3b

The picture posted looks to me like it's post milling. I had the same problem with a different grinder about a month ago.
Correct. This is the result of using the FM. I tried for a month of use with varying degrees of success.

That and the black dust all over my fingers after most grinds made this not worth the price IMHO.

seki

The picture posted looks to me like it's post milling. I had the same problem with a different grinder about a month ago.

Correct. This is the result of using the FM. I tried for a month of use with varying degrees of success.

That and the black dust all over my fingers after most grinds made this not worth the price IMHO.
I did realize the pics were from after an attempted mill. I was trying to convey that I’ve had the same results as what was pictured before I figured out the appropriate technique.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah with the beautiful moist nugs there can be a bit more of a trick, depending on the plate and nugs and person of course... I've kept the extra coarse plate in mine, I use it for a chunky whole nug style grind with the fresh moist buds, to load in a glass screen stem for flavorful convection...

The black dust thing does sound super upsetting, never experienced that and it doesn't seem common, I'd let them take care of you for that issue at least! But not every grinder is for everyone, what is best and life-changing for some, just does not mesh with others needs and styles... Not that this is a perfect product by any means, or a perfect company, but solid and more involved than most I've seen...

So, took youse guys advice and sound the top piece back and forth and holy crap. Ground super quick and no compressed piece left over. One issue though, the collar that holds the bottom plate in place kept unscrewing... Still, I am damned impressed with how quickly it ground. Greased lightning.

Nice! Yeah so that is the issue when you go back and forth, so you just need to remember to turn it back the other way, not to turn too much in the other direction, to keep it threaded in by the time you are done.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Awaiting laughs for that, but...

Can someone please test how this grinder performs with only 0,1g in it? If you have the choice: stored at 62%RH weed would be perfect :D
Mainly speaking of: Will there be something left in the top-zone or will everything grind like supposed and fall down?

Thank you in advance, knight in shining armor :love:
Happy to try - with which size screen would you like me to test?

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Here you go @Marlox :

Here is 0.098 g of Cereal Milk - it shows it is at 63% RH.
I am using the middle screen, which was already a little dirty (sorry, too lazy to clean!)
1-EE66-ED7-ED42-4-C35-92-D7-6-E55-C143-BA50.jpg

Here is top of screen after a few back and forth twists.
It looks pretty similar to the way it looked before, but there is one tiny nug that will need an extra nudge to make it through.
8-BA96638-2-AF4-4780-8946-B4-F8-F41408-A2.jpg

And here is post milled, with upside down screen.
24872-C93-0-F50-4-D4-F-B641-4-F936-FB72-B8-E.jpg

Maybe I should give it a little brush now!

David Root

I CALL IT!

DIBS

David Root
OK, so I get an email. Going to send, what is my address.

I send address.

Then since I won something, I buy the works.
I get an email, we will send the prize with the flower mill.....

Mill came today. It seems to work well. Fine screen is nice.
It does work with little pressure back and forth.

No cracker jack toy surprise inside.
I don't know what I won, because I bought the best one with accessories. What more is there?
David

Vaporware

I received my Flower Mill a few weeks ago, but after a few uses the magnet has detached from the lid and is no longer connected. Has this happened to anyone else yet?

I think that’s the first report I’ve seen of that problem. They recently moved manufacturing to a new company so there still seem to be some new issues popping up, but hopefully they’re all uncommon and they should be addressed once people report them. I’m sure they’ll take care of you. :)

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I received my Flower Mill a few weeks ago, but after a few uses the magnet has detached from the lid and is no longer connected. Has this happened to anyone else yet?

I've never seen that before on this grinder but have on others. I would just let the good folks at Flower Mill take care of you or if you want to fix it yourself, just a small dollop of super glue on the underside on the magnet should do it.

Last edited:

Green Kiwi

I tried most sizes including extra fine which should be called gun powder. Effort is minimal.
hahaha Lmao, gunpowder is fine like fine sand indeed, but when I nowadays read gunpowder, I can only think of my favourite tea ,green tea, called gunpowder because of how it's rolled. in little balls.
Is this what you mean ? little balls or are you revering to the gunpowder?
I use only the fine screen over the last 5 months., it does depend on your herb though, with different strains I can see me going back to medium grind, just a tad more flavour imho.but the herb has to be fluffy enough its self otherwise most efficiency comes from the finer grind.
With premium herb and medium or coarse grind you can still see intact intact heads of resin, fine grind I can't see heads of resin, you see resin mixed though. :2c: , I am talking about looking at the herb with a microscope 60x.
I like the Flower Mill, I like how easy it mills and I like those whole terpheads in my material.
The only think I do not like about it, is my weed is well cured, is 62% dryness , that's my favourite humidity.
And with my super resiny herb, it forces me to Clea the mill every ounce or 3. I don't like cleaning the mill.
:2c::freak::chill:.

FlowerMillJohn

Manufacturer
I've been loving my flowermill, best grinder I've owned. So glad I got one from you all.
Thanks man, really appreciate hearing it. Enjoy!

I'm so sorry! We've had a few magnet-de-bonding situations in our last production run, and we're changing the procedure to ensure it doesn't happen again.

We'll replace your Knob under warranty, and anyone else who finds a magnet coming un-bonded, ever.

Dm'd for order number! :)

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Oh yea I never reported back but this grinder is dope, haven’t used my BCG much since I like the very fine plate on the FM.

gonna buy one as a Christmas gift next month they will get it when they get it lol

FlowerMillJohn

Manufacturer
Will there be a Black Friday sale? Need a FlowerMill in my life asap
Yes! 20% off for an extended Black Friday / Christmas sale! (Starts on Fri 26)

Oh yea I never reported back but this grinder is dope, haven’t used my BCG much since I like the very fine plate on the FM.

gonna buy one as a Christmas gift next month they will get it when they get it lol

Thanks for the feedback! Glad you're liking the fine plate, too.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Yes! 20% off for an extended Black Friday / Christmas sale! (Starts on Fri 26)

Thanks for the feedback! Glad you're liking the fine plate, too.
I’ll be using that 20% off code then lol and yea the plates and the lack of a magnetic post that grabs my scooper and spills my flower is awesome.

I love both grinders tho and my best friend will too

Texus

I’ll be using that 20% off code then lol and yea the plates and the lack of a magnetic post that grabs my scooper and spills my flower is awesome.

I love both grinders tho and my best friend will too
Totally agree. Love the @RogueGuy scooper and tamper tools, but they become a pain to use with the strong magnet in the BCG base. Another win for the Mill!

Top Bottom