Flower Mill

zeebudz

They are making a 2" SS version. It is slightly larger than the mini, but not by much. The base is the same diameter as the mini, the grinding lid is a little wider.

Love the mini (and have never experienced the dust issue.) Any other info on the 2" SS? Will the bottom be magnetic or the same quarter turn threads (not my favorite part)? Price? ETA?

zeebudz,

AndyO

Imagine releasing a crap product that gives off "dust", failing to ever fix it, then releasing a "new product" that looks exactly the same as the old one and expecting people that you've already burnt once to pay for another one. A 50% discount still would've been egregious - if this is "the fix" to the metal dust issues they should be providing replacements to everyone under the lifetime warranty.

This is more infuriating to me than their initial responses to the dust issue. If you don't have a fix yet, you don't have a fix.

But if you do have a fix? Asking us to pay for it is cheeky AF.

simba

@weedanwine
I really don't know what to do with my Flowermill Mini, wouldn't feel right selling it on but I also don't wanna use it because of all these issues.

Feels like it's just a paperweight at this point

Jojofernz

I really don't know what to do with my Flowermill Mini, wouldn't feel right selling it on but I also don't wanna use it because of all these issues.

Feels like it's just a paperweight at this point
Mini shouldn’t have those issues as far as I know, was just the premium version.

Someone correct me if I wrong but think the mini shouldn’t have dusting so you could use it or sell it, someone would buy it I’m sure.

Jojofernz,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Dopamine

Anyone thinking about beta testing this gen? I'm going to wait for a bit until they've stood the test of time. 30% off for anyone who got burned previously doesn't seem right.
I really liked the mini. If they did a ss mini that would be an instant buy.
I‘m in. Never had an issue with mine as far as I know. FM did send the free shim kit and I guess I’ll continue to use it until the newest arrives.

Dopamine,

AndyO

Going back and forth with these frauds is infuriating.

They've emailed me today telling me that metal dust constitutes "cosmetic damage or wear and tear."

Dodgy fuckers, I can't believe anyone would give them another dollar after everything written in this thread.

simba

@weedanwine
Mini shouldn’t have those issues as far as I know, was just the premium version.

Someone correct me if I wrong but think the mini shouldn’t have dusting so you could use it or sell it, someone would buy it I’m sure.
I'm fairly sure the mini can have the issue, someone showed it in the thread iirc. Usually happens after you clean it, which I've not done but at some point that becomes untenable.

simba,

Dopamine

I‘m in. Never had an issue with mine as far as I know. FM did send the free shim kit and I guess I’ll continue to use it until the newest arrives.
Well, I’m out. Decided to clean it and took an alcohol swap between the plate and top and it was blackish. Well that sucks, I’ve been using it daily for close to a year and never noticed when I cleaned it. Canceled the pre order and ordered a different stainless steel grinder.

doctorxga

I’m sitting out, paid full for first one got dust. 30$ shipping for replacement with new design. Still dust. Tried the new washers. More dust . Why would I ever pay for more … it’s insulting :( can’t do much about it now but yeah … shit situation and concept was nice but I’m not a charity and they aren’t a legitimate business that cares. The grind is nice but at what cost. I went back to my SCS

Top Bottom