First Vaporizer: which according to my preferences? & some question.

west-elec

@west-elec good idea!
But I don't have a hat...
Which one should I use?
A cylinder has more space but is more delicate...
A baseball cap? It's more practical but I don't like the style...
Can you give me an advice?
Wait for me to tell you how much I can spend and what my needs are...

I’m becoming crazy 😵
Another classic. You made my day.

west-elec,

Tabris

Ouroboros
Vapcap M 2018 -> €60

Vapcap M 2019 -> €60

Vapcap M 2019 Phantom -> €60~65

Vapcap M 2020 -> €65

Vapcap M 2021 -> €65

🤔

Tabris,

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
@Tabris unless 5 euros matters pick whichever you think looks the coolest imo. The performance differences between them seem negligible to me. The only exception would be if an eu vendor is matching the 2021 preorder deals that er have in the states (free 2020 with a 2021). $30 vapcaps is a fantastic bargain, and while I doubt anyone would know the difference in a double blind test, if you think there is one you’ll have two to compare.

gordontreeman,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
The only thing that you might not like is the airflow is restricted if you cover the hole and to make thick vapor you need to cover the hole. If you puff on it like a cigar using your mouth to pull vapor then inhaling it into your lungs you will get the best results.
Yeah, I should have mentioned that I never fuck with the carb on any of my vapcaps; the hole is totally covered all the time. I don't want any added air thinning the vapor and even with my Omni and Omni XL, which are a bit less restricted than my Ms, I only use my desperate firing squad cigarette toke method. Folks who inhale directly to their lungs with a vapcap and feather the carb or leave it open are not getting the kind of hit I want. It's like breathing through a straw and has never been a satisfying technique for me.

@gordontreeman shit, the POTV 2021 deal just says "free gift" now and not free 2020 M. Saved me buying backups but that's a bummer if they downgraded the free gift already.

Texus

Vapcap M 2018 -> €60

Vapcap M 2019 -> €60

Vapcap M 2019 Phantom -> €60~65

Vapcap M 2020 -> €65

Vapcap M 2021 -> €65

🤔
You might want to check with this site or others about whether they are providing a free 2020M when you purchase a 2021M. I saw a report that someone on Reddit got e-mail confirmation that they are including a free 2020M with each new order. POTV in the US, along with Dynavap themselves and other sellers are doing this for the pre-orders.

Texus,

gordontreeman

@bossman its really just a wild guess, but on Reddit folks were claiming that potv stated they were inspired by dv and felt bad for ruining the surprise. I bet the free gift is still a 2020m.

gordontreeman,
Reactions: bossman

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Yeah, I should have mentioned that I never fuck with the carb on any of my vapcaps; the hole is totally covered all the time. I don't want any added air thinning the vapor and even with my Omni and Omni XL, which are a bit less restricted than my Ms, I only use my desperate firing squad cigarette toke method. Folks who inhale directly to their lungs with a vapcap and feather the carb or leave it open are not getting the kind of hit I want. It's like breathing through a straw and has never been a satisfying technique for me.

I’m the exact opposite, I’m always ripping them wide open!

invertedisdead,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@bossman its really just a wild guess, but on Reddit folks were claiming that potv stated they were inspired by dv and felt bad for ruining the surprise. I bet the free gift is still a 2020m.
That's good to know, thanks. It's super cool how Dynavap started doing that karmavap freebie a few Ms ago and even better if their sales partners are able to match such a generous promo

Last edited:
bossman,

Tabris

Ouroboros
Pardon, I misunderstood your replies 😅

However, of course I would never buy directly from Dynavap.

Tabris,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@bossman
thanks for the thought
Beautiful testimony, I certainly envy him.
As I said, the budget doesn’t allow me to consider the TM, but I must admit that after reading the topic and the problems of certain users (missing pieces, malfunctions) I don't know if, even having the money, I would have felt like taking a risk.
I can only hope that, by now until I can afford a TM, those problems will disappear (especially the missing pieces... I find it absurd in a €250 product).

Just want to say that TM arriving missing parts is more rare than common, chances are you would be totally fine, and customer service has vastly improved as of late... But yeah it is a high price, so I respect your responsible budgeting!

As for the Omni you have already convinced me not to take it.
If I choose a dynavap it will be an M 2019 or 2020 with TI tip.

But after 5 pages of topic (record for a “first vaporizer” topic?) I still think about models that I had discarded...
Pfffffffffffff.

Anyway, no later than 4/20 I will have placed the order.
Even at random!

Haha random!

So this thread mostly became about the vap cap, as such I will do my part and steer you back towards the glow!

Glow is nice because it is battery-powered, and although having it on a e-cig mod can make it taller, there are a lot of options for good ergonomics to try different mod boxes, so there's a lot of option for the form factor and digital features... So it is a bit of a pro and a con, meanwhile the vape itself, is very capable, being pure convection on demand it is very powerful with pure taste, though it does also involve some manual technique with a bit of a learning curve for some... A key difference between it and the vap cap, is that the globe will only be producing vapor as you are inhaling, air through the heater turning it to hot air which then is inhaled through the herbs creating the vapor... So there is a bit of personal preference, vapcap is cool because it is a hybrid, but mostly you are heating it to build up favor and then inhaling the vapor ( with a little more vapor created as you go)

Personally I would find the glow much more useful as an out and about portable, I have the glow 14 myself, as well as an iHeat and many Splinter vapes on various mod boxes as well... I vastly prefer them to vap cap in almost every way, but that is just me!

Happy to answer any questions specifically about the glow of course, I bet Dreamwood will have some good sales coming up too!

gordontreeman

Just want to say that TM arriving missing parts is more rare than common, chances are you would be totally fine, and customer service has vastly improved as of late... But yeah it is a high price, so I respect your responsible budgeting!

Haha random!

So this thread mostly became about the vap cap, as such I will do my part and steer you back towards the glow!

Glow is nice because it is battery-powered, and although having it on a e-cig mod can make it taller, there are a lot of options for good ergonomics to try different mod boxes, so there's a lot of option for the form factor and digital features... So it is a bit of a pro and a con, meanwhile the vape itself, is very capable, being pure convection on demand it is very powerful with pure taste, though it does also involve some manual technique with a bit of a learning curve for some... A key difference between it and the vap cap, is that the globe will only be producing vapor as you are inhaling, air through the heater turning it to hot air which then is inhaled through the herbs creating the vapor... So there is a bit of personal preference, vapcap is cool because it is a hybrid, but mostly you are heating it to build up favor and then inhaling the vapor ( with a little more vapor created as you go)

Personally I would find the glow much more useful as an out and about portable, I have the glow 14 myself, as well as an iHeat and many Splinter vapes on various mod boxes as well... I vastly prefer them to vap cap in almost every way, but that is just me!

Happy to answer any questions specifically about the glow of course, I bet Dreamwood will have some good sales coming up too!
I don’t really know anything about mod boxes, but they look interesting. At some point I’d love to try a splinter, imp, or glow. I need to look at the various options and how they work and such.

Unfortunately with the new Usps rules that may not be an option shortly in the US 😞

gordontreeman,

Shit Snacks

I don’t really know anything about mod boxes, but they look interesting. At some point I’d love to try a splinter, imp, or glow. I need to look at the various options and how they work and such.

Unfortunately with the new Usps rules that may not be an option shortly in the US 😞

Yeah unfortunately MistVape is kind of going to be paused for a while, I saw in one of the threads someone bought the last imp? Not sure if maybe there are more, or incognito still available, but not much time left that he can still ship things... His is nice, uses steel Clapton coils so you can set up temp control with his instructions and a custom firmware, very small size with beautiful wood of course! He makes nice stems, with wood mouthpiece tips, glass cooling beads, and they connect securely into the body via o-ring... He even makes a small wooden mouthpiece, and basket screen capsules, among other things I'm probably forgetting!

Splinter is unfortunately discontinued, there were a few of the final ones given away on Instagram recently and I suppose there could still be some more, RBT as a company is kind of done, he is launching something new for the future, info on Instagram for that as well, so they may be available again in the future in some form, or just other new products! What makes them special aside from being the original 510 pure convection on demand mod box vape, is that they have glass sleeves encasing the heater with ground glass connection for the stems, on top of that the RBT heater is very high surface area stainless steel mesh, available in two different sizes, and it is extremely capable! Definitely something special in the vapor signature... They are made to be used in straight power mode wattage, although temp control can be configured as well with custom firmwares.

The glow comes with kanthal coil as the heater, which can only be run in power wattage mode, very fast to heat up, however there is an option to build your own, or install your own, steel coils which can be configured to run in temp control... The glow also comes in a variety of sizes and styles, nice wooden mouthpieces, for the 14 the ability to load in the body, instead of just using glass or wooden stems as your chamber and vapor path... Glow is very durable and of course best option for those in Europe looking for this type of vape!

iHeat uses a steel mesh similar to splinter, but in a different configuration, no glass but it does have steel foil to protect the wood from the heat. Alan makes a wide variety of stem options as well, this can be used in wattage or with temp control configured too.

Finally there is the stem pod, which has a steel or silicone body, and is designed more for rebuilding, with a wide variety of different coil options, configuration for wattage or temp control, and the ability to use the widest variety of stems I believe? This one I've never tried!

gordontreeman

Thanks for the run down @Shit Snacks! Is there a place to get a run down on mods and 501s and what one needs to do to get up and running (I know there's like firmware options, I see Arctic Fox and Tubo's mentioned often)? I'm half tempted to pick up an impcognito before they're also gone--it seems like these kinds of vapes will be hurt by whatever the PACT act ends up looking. I could be mistaken, but my understanding is they come from ecigs which is what the act is designed to regulate?

gordontreeman,

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the run down @Shit Snacks! Is there a place to get a run down on mods and 501s and what one needs to do to get up and running (I know there's like firmware options, I see Arctic Fox and Tubo's mentioned often)? I'm half tempted to pick up an impcognito before they're also gone--it seems like these kinds of vapes will be hurt by whatever the PACT act ends up looking. I could be mistaken, but my understanding is they come from ecigs which is what the act is designed to regulate?

Yeah who knows, I would check with mist asap they may already be sold out I'm not sure, each individual vape thread has some info on mods, and there are a few different askFC threads I think too...

Tabris

Ouroboros
Just want to say that TM arriving missing parts is more rare than common, chances are you would be totally fine, and customer service has vastly improved as of late...
But I think I've also read that from unit to unit, with the same level of heating, the result changes.

I don't know, I'm probably bigoted, but it comes naturally to me to think that cost must cover both timely assistance and a respected standard. Different speech if it were something handmade and working “by hand”, like a vapman.
(I know, I'm talking about things I've never even touched, but I'm based on everything I've learned thanks to your community 🤎)

Anyway thanks for the detailed description of the Glow, it's the kind of review I need!

Speaking of vapor quality and extraction capacity, what makes TM preferable to Glow?

And @all, maybe I found the 2020 free vapcap for the 2021 preordering. In this case, since it’s me (user with no experience and with no device) would it be better to buy one vapcap M 2021 for €80 and end up with two Ms (2020/2021) or a Vong 2021 for €125 and have 2 more different devices (Vong 2021/M 2020)?

Ahah, I know, I've never talked about the Vong, I've only thought about it now because of this possible offer.

Tabris,

Shit Snacks

But I think I've also read that from unit to unit, with the same level of heating, the result changes.

Nah that is also not common, each unit may have its own range, but that is also unique to the individual user.

I don't know, I'm probably bigoted, but it comes naturally to me to think that cost must cover both timely assistance and a respected standard. Different speech if it were something handmade and working “by hand”, like a vapman.
(I know, I'm talking about things I've never even touched, but I'm based on everything I've learned thanks to your community 🤎)

I got one 16 months ago without any issues and another last month that is also working great, subtle differences, they are still handmade and there is a lot of parts, always a risk with something like that, this one is worth the risk... There is a reason you see people recommending it, but also yes it is still more like an artisan vape closer to a vapman style than a mighty, it is indeed handmade though it also uses a lot of machine parts.

Anyway thanks for the detailed description of the Glow, it's the kind of review I need!

Speaking of vapor quality and extraction capacity, what makes TM preferable to Glow?

I prefer the TM heater, stainless steel ribbon spiral, it is much larger surface area, and I prefer the taste to the kanthal of my glow. Also the TM regulation, and the fact that it's all in one, I like that it's a little more analog instead of a digital mod, prefer the form factor as well... Overall for me it is less effort using the TM and I also prefer my stems with it, compared to my Glow 14. (Honestly I do not use my glow much at all, it was more of a novelty purchase, kind of in the same category as my vapcap ultimately lol)

And @all, maybe I found the 2020 free vapcap for the 2021 preordering. In this case, since it’s me (user with no experience and with no device) would it be better to buy one vapcap M 2021 for €80 and end up with two Ms (2020/2021) or a Vong 2021 for €125 and have 2 more different devices (Vong 2021/M 2020)?

Ahah, I know, I've never talked about the Vong, I've only thought about it now because of this possible offer.

Good luck, you could end up loving the vap cap like so many seem to!

Tabris

Ouroboros
@Shit Snacks
I know it looks different, but my choice is not yet “dynavap”.
I ask questions because if I have the sudden urge to buy, I will have a clear idea of which option to choose.

That is... Deep down I still think the TM (it’s a secret between us 🤫). But to buy it I would have to ask someone for money, which I HATE. And those problem posts made me very scared.
But clearly when I read how much you love TM I get a great desire!

Edit

The store that sells the 2019 Phantom vapcap has warned me that they sell it with the Captive Cap of the Phantom 2020, because the Dynavap sent it to them so 🙄

Last edited:

Scuba Steve Tokes

Tabris what site did you find the free vapcap with purchase of a DynaVap 2021M? I’ve always wanted one or two more VapCaps and this would be a great opportunity for me to get a better value on two of them.

Scuba Steve Tokes,

DonMarteng

Hey Scuba Steve,
In the past Vapefiend, verdampftnochmal and lacentralevapeur participated in that deal.
Most of the big players should be sending out free 2020 Ms.
If your not sure send them a mail, most european shops are very friendly.

Scuba Steve Tokes

Thanks for the info DonMarteng and Tabris! :tup:
I’m thinking shipping to the US will make it more expensive. May still be cheaper than buying two VapCaps from a US seller though.

I forgot to give some big ups to bossman, I neglected to mention in my last post how I cracked up laughing when I read your DynaVap draw technique description

desperate firing squad cigarette toke method.

:rofl:I’m laughing again now writing this. It’s so funny because it’s so true! I do the exact same thing and it’s like trying to smoke an entire cigarette in one drag as fast as humanly possible. I love to use it through glass so I can watch the vapor pump into the chamber with each mouth pull/cigar puff action :science:

gordontreeman

@Scuba Steve Tokes although not advertised, PotV and Dynavap are offering the same deal (preorder any 2021 and get a free 2020m). Unless they ran out of the 2020 I don’t see why they’d stop.

gordontreeman,

Tabris

Ouroboros
I quote a reply from @Scuba Steve Tokes from a private conversation (he agrees), because I think it may be useful to other newbies who read the topic.
Here he answers my questions about the Sticky Brick Junior and makes a comparison to the vapcap.

- is it really "portable" or is it too fragile / bulky?

The SrickyBrick Jr is small enough to fit in a large front jeans pocket, it has a magnetic top cover that protects the glass when you are not using it.

If you drop it the glass can break. I only hit it sitting down because I’m clumsy.

- what is the minimum quantity of material necessary to have a dense and tasty vapor?

I used 0.1g and it worked great then I used 0.05g and it didn’t even cover the screen but it made dense tasty vapor. It doesn’t work as well when you don’t cover the screen—the air wants to go around the material not through it so you get more hot air and less vapor.

The problem is that it is hard to fully extract the material without lighting it on fire. This is kind of about the technique and learning curve. It is easier to fully extract with the DynaVap because the click will tell you when to stop heating and as long as you don’t heat it too far down on later hits it will not combust.

- cleaning is difficult?

Cleaning is not very difficult the glass parts can be removed and submerged in iso, add salt, shake till clean. It helps to put in a plastic bag then seal the bag and put it in hot water before you shake it around.

To remove the screen bend a curve in a paper clip, put it in the carb and push out the screen from underneath. A lot of little particles get stuck in and underneath the screen and it restricts airflow so you need to clean/ change the screen every so often. My sticky brick came with 5 screens so I am just brushing them off and waiting till all are dirty then I will burn the material off with a torch lighter and clean the screens in iso then re-use them.

The wooden body will dry out and crack with use if you use alcohol. Run hot water over a long q-tip/dental q-tip and push it back and forth through the carb hole as far as it will go. Wipe out the bowl and the other side, basically every part of wood that is in the vaporpath, the air path after the bowl. It will never be like new clean like a DynaVap but most vapes are this hard or harder to clean.

If you combust your material it will make the StickyBrick smell a bit. I empty it immediately if I combust and if I do it too bad I clean the wooden part and switch the screens. I’ve never cleaned the glass mouthpiece but I think that would help with the flavor too.

If you combust a bunch it could make your brick taste not so great but if you clean it after you combust and just wipe down the carb hole with a wet q-tip once a week or more if you go through a lot of material.

You can’t clean it as thoroughly as other vapes but it doesn’t need to be cleaned that thoroughly. It has a nice woody flavor too that I enjoy but some people don’t.

- does the learning curve consist of the distance of the lighter and the frequency of the draws?

Distance and movement of the lighter and draw speed acceleration during the hit are the 2 most important things. I am not a master yet. Light the lighter pointed away from the flame intake so if it doesn’t light it doesn’t blow butane down the flame intake. Start with a very slow draw until you see a bit of vapor then start to pull faster and faster. Remove the lighter and keep inhaling till there is no more vapor. It takes a few for me to really figure it out. I learned using CBD hemp flower instead of marijuana because it like 20x cheaper so I didn’t feel bad about combusting on the first hit then tossing out the bowl and trying again.

There are some tricks to getting bigger hits like feathering the carb once you are getting a lot of vapor to keep it from combusting but keep getting lots of good vapor. It sounds harder than it really is. I took a hit and explained what to do then passed it to my roommate and he took a good hit on his first try so I if you watch some videos you will be able to pick it up.

- would you recommend it to use it, for example, at night on the beach or on a break during hiking?

Anywhere that you could smoke a weed pipe you could use a stickybrick. It is portable in that you can bring it places but not in the way that you can use it discreetly. The torch lighter and the big clouds will give you away. DynaVap has the same problem.

I don’t use it outside with people around I’m afraid it will attract too much attention. If you were alone/with friends on the beach or the woods or out of sight and sound, a StickyBrick would work great. I like that you can use it very fast and then just put it away. The sound and light from the torch lighter worry me, my part of the US is not friendly to marijuana.

- is it really not a problem to inhale butane like that?

This worried me a lot but then I learned that pure butane burns and makes carbon dioxide and water which are not harmful. What could potentially be harmful are impurities in the butane you are using. I use 14x refined butane. I think Vector, Colbri, Neon and WhipIt, are all ok to use but I would only use the best butane that each of those companies sells. The sticky brick forum will know more about butane brands than me though.

I used to smoke cigarettes and I figure that even if there is something in there it is better than smoking. I would make sure that you can get your hands on some really high quality butane that is pure butane that has been filtered multiple times and use a jet lighter. They burn at 700°C so the butane is fully combusted.

Sleep on it for a couple days and if it still worries you go with a DynaVap. Gotta do what will make you happy and stress free!

When the lighter is full and adjusted too high it will light then the flame will go out and spray butane. When the fuel level is low the flame will not be long enough to power a StickyBrick. When this happens I switch to my other lighter and use the almost empty one to power my DynaVap until it runs out.

Torch/Jet lighters are a whole nonger thing I had learn about. I recommend reading into that. To keep air out of the lighter so it doesn’t sputter always empty the lighter completely by turning it to maximum and holding it down until you don’t hear a hiss. Then turn the flame adjustment down to minimum because when you refill it the lighter thinks that wherever the dial is set is minimum so if you don’t put it back down to minimum it doesn’t make a very large flame when you turn it up.

Final notes

Both vapes are great and make big tasty clouds. The advantage of the StickyBrick is it is faster and you can vape more material in a few big hits. With a DynaVap you have to wait for it to cool down between hits by the StickyBrick is ready as soon as you stir it.

StickyBricks hit harder if you are really good at it. But that means less hits if you go for the biggest hit possible. With a brick you have to sense the heat and change your flame position and draw speed to achieve a big hit. DynaVaps hit almost as hard with less jedi master technique. I like to hit my HydroBrick not too hard and have like 4 or 5 hits. I find it easier to fully extract the material without burning in the DynaVap. Plus it is easier to use with water. I haven’t figured out how to hit my HydroBrick well through water yet but I’ve only done a couple bowls so far.

You can use cheaper butane with a DynaVap because you don’t inhale the byproducts of it’s combustion.

The largest disadvantage of a DynaVap is that the airflow is restricted and you to get thick satisfying vapor you need to cover the hole and use the technique that bossman so accurately describe as the “desperate firing squad cigarette toke method.” That made me laugh because it is so accurate. It is like trying to smoke a cigarette in one inhale. So long as you let your mouth do the work not your lungs it is still a very pleasant vaping experience. Puff like a cigar then inhale and make sure to inhale from your nose too or it will start to come out there.
This is probably the toughest decision in vaping. I struggled so much with it that I ended up getting both. I use my DynaVap more because It is very easy to use with water.

Top Bottom