Firewood Vaporizer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Shit Snacks hi again, something that had me thinking the whole week is the conduction on demand aspect of the fw9. Is it something like the MFLB or the FV in that regard?

Well there is some hybrid convection here too, but yeah I am using it to maximize the conduction like I do riding low temps with FW7 as well... You know I've never actually even tried the MFLB, theoretically would be similar, except there are so many obvious difference in the design that I still think they would perform differently even though they are both using some form of on-demand conduction? And I'm not sure what you mean by FV exactly, my thought is the old flashvape? Which was actually convection if I recall correctly, similar to thermovape...?

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
sorry for you my friend...

I'm trying not to be too negative on this thread but I was very disappointed with my last experience...
Marc's work may be incredible but I found it inexcusable that he didn't even press the fire button to check if my unit was working or not....
I had to pay - without being reimbursed - to return my unit...
I had to wait 6 weeks...

so I had my unit repaired... and sold it to someone who lives in a region where Marc does not deliver...

you have had problems with your unit from the start.... you are very persistent... you must really like its hybrid heating!!
Yea I wouldn’t have enjoy dealing with that either, 6 weeks is crazy. Thanks man I really do like the device but I’ll admit this is killing my enjoyment.

I definitely was a bit angry when I got on here yesterday cuz I still didn’t get a response to another email idk if he is even working on it or received it at this point.

Sour Dream,
Reactions: fangorn

Puddentain

Well there is some hybrid convection here too, but yeah I am using it to maximize the conduction like I do riding low temps with FW7 as well... You know I've never actually even tried the MFLB, theoretically would be similar, except there are so many obvious difference in the design that I still think they would perform differently even though they are both using some form of on-demand conduction? And I'm not sure what you mean by FV exactly, my thought is the old flashvape? Which was actually convection if I recall correctly, similar to thermovape...?
The MFLB was my first vape and although it has some nostalgia value for me, I don’t see much similarity beyond the fact that both the FW9 and the MFLB have wood bodies. Filling the MFLB trough took a lot of weed as well and it took forever to extract. I had poor luck with their plug in power cords, with two failing me before I moved on to better solutions. The Firewood is much tastier and efficient.

johnnyCanuck

Yea I wouldn’t have enjoy dealing with that either, 6 weeks is crazy. Thanks man I really do like the device but I’ll admit this is killing my enjoyment.

I definitely was a bit angry when I got on here yesterday cuz I still didn’t get a response to another email idk if he is even working on it or received it at this point.
Hopefully it all works out in the end for you. Not a good feeling being left in limbo.

364F

I’m’ currently reading the FV (yes Flashvape) thread at the moment. (My understanding is that the device is an on demand conduction but with the ceramic spacer and the screen on top of it
Gets into a convection on demand) I had a cherry LB in ‘15-‘16 and it’s the only electric conduction on demand device I had back then I understand that this one is an hybrid. Did you had a Flashvape back then?

But it got curious that you mentioned conduction on demand. But this device the FW9 having some of conduction but on demand you don’t have to finish the load when you start it right? Like regular conduction session only devices suffer from?

I guess all of this is covered already on the thread. I’ll probably read this one in the upcoming weeks. Been reading a lot of old threads since I started vaping again 2 months ago.

Shit Snacks

I’m’ currently reading the FV (yes Flashvape) thread at the moment. (My understanding is that the device is an on demand conduction but with the ceramic spacer and the screen on top of it
Gets into a convection on demand) I had a cherry LB in ‘15-‘16 and it’s the only electric conduction on demand device I had back then I understand that this one is an hybrid. Did you had a Flashvape back then?

Oh, I was not aware of it being conduction at all, I just remember people talking about FV when we were doing Zion Milaana and it looked similar to thermovape (which was my first) I've never tried FV either...

But it got curious that you mentioned conduction on demand. But this device the FW9 having some of conduction but on demand you don’t have to finish the load when you start it right? Like regular conduction session only devices suffer from?

Exactly, because it is on demand, not session conduction, which is extremely common for the tech (it might be even better at leaving the load to return and finish later than some on-demand convection depending on use variables or at least as good depending how you use exactly) I always fully clear the heat and vapor with long slow draws for my hits after letting go of the button to be the most efficient

I guess all of this is covered already on the thread. I’ll probably read this one in the upcoming weeks. Been reading a lot of old threads since I started vaping again 2 months ago.

Yeah if you want to read an entire thread there's a lot of info, but this thread has every version of the FW, and the early ones were pure convection, very different designs... It is cool to see the evolution, but once you get to the FW7 it will be the same tech essentially going forward... It's been a while now since then, although the thread is not as long as others, could be a ways back

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: 364F

364F

@Shit Snacks I’m having trouble quoting you in this thread so sorry. (Shows something about multi quote and I don’t know how to take it off)

Here’s a video of @Stu where you can see the difference in between the standard configuration conduction (works like a LB) and the second configuration for convection. It’s a pretty cool video of something else tho.

Got it I’ll be reading from the FW7 when I get into this one.

364F,

Shit Snacks

Got it I’ll be reading from the FW7 when I get into this one.

Yeah if you can use the search feature to maybe find the initial posts that talk about it at one point we were saying what page it was but I can't remember now since that was long ago... Thanks but a little off topic for the FW haha FV history lesson... I'm not sure what you're doing with the multiquote but you can just hit the reply button and then separate out quotes or highlight and quote and then insert quotes... Maybe a mod can help you

SageTheHerb

I love my Mighty+ :)
I love the taste of the Firewood 9, but god damn does it hit like a truck for someone with a sensitive throat. I switched to vaporizing because smoking was too harsh for me, but unfortunately the FW9 gives me similar discomfort. The look, taste, and feel are all amazing, but it's basically unusable for me. For shame. If you can take big hits though, I definitely recommend

SageTheHerb,

3STOCK

I love the taste of the Firewood 9, but god damn does it hit like a truck for someone with a sensitive throat. I switched to vaporizing because smoking was too harsh for me, but unfortunately the FW9 gives me similar discomfort. The look, taste, and feel are all amazing, but it's basically unusable for me. For shame. If you can take big hits though, I definitely recommend
Totally felt the same way and that’s why I’ve come to:
- use a BB9 stem for added cooling and vapor path length
- set lower temperatures like 310-330-340
- run the BB9/WPA through a small piece for added cooling

Hope this helps you!

SageTheHerb

I love my Mighty+ :)
Totally felt the same way and that’s why I’ve come to:
- use a BB9 stem for added cooling and vapor path length
- set lower temperatures like 310-330-340
- run the BB9/WPA through a small piece for added cooling

Hope this helps you!
Hey! Thanks for the advice. I've tried running it at lower temps and it helps!

That being said, I'm mainly sticking to my Mighty+ at the moment, I cleaned my FW9 last time I used it and I'm trying to offload it. I was thinking of doing it on this forum! But I have yet to hit the post limit, oh well. That being said, if I do decide to break it out again before selling it, I'll definitely try it.

Thanks again!

SageTheHerb,

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
So sorry to hear that. Have you heard anything about it yet? I know from your posts that it’s been awhile. What sort of issue were you having originally?
I finally heard back Tuesday of last week, i was told it was done. The shipping label was made last week and it still hasn't even been dropped off. I was supposed to be moving this weekend but now I have to push it back so i don't miss it. Didn't expect this to take this long when I started it at the beginning of January.

The wood by the ceramic joint was splitting and moving and my oven cracked like someone else's.

edit: ill make one final post recounting this experience then ill stop posting here since I feel like I'm annoying on this site these days.

Last edited:

Puddentain

I finally heard back Tuesday of last week, i was told it was done. The shipping label was made last week and it still hasn't even been dropped off. I was supposed to be moving this weekend but now I have to push it back so i don't miss it. Didn't expect this to take this long when I started it at the beginning of January.

The wood by the ceramic joint was splitting an dmoving and my over cracked like someone elses
I’m glad to hear that things are progressing and that you’ll be reunited soon. It’s a super vape and while worth waiting for, you’ve done more than enough of that. Best wishes for smooth sailing from here.

Duba

Accessory Maker
hey,

My Fw family got a little bigger with the arrival of this old walnut Fw1 grandad.:myday:
We can say it with hindsight today, but this adventure was off to a good start. The device is well made, sweet in hand.

Unfortunately, it's no longer working, so I'm looking for information/advices from the oldest among you (not in age, but in experience, of course;)).
It lights up, the heater heats up but I can't produce any vapor, as if the heater wasn't heating enough). I suspect the battery isn't sending out enough energy for the coil to get hot enough.
when I put it on charge, the light is red at first but turns green after less than an hour. I ran it through a few charging cycles, just to see. Without success.

Any advice? Has anyone ever tried to change the battery?

I contacted Marc who told me he no longer repairs Fw1s.
IMG-20240214-105125.jpg

From left to right : Fw7, Fw1, Fw9.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
The FW1 and up to 2.1 are just completely anemic. You need to have the heating element glowing red hot and take super slow and super long hits, otherwise you just get a mouthful of hot air. I never was satisfied with my 2.1, getting good hits was such a hassle and the device was getting so hot I was afraid the wood would scorch over time (but it didn't)

Keep in mind those are not using Lithium cells, they are based on the previous Ni-xxx technology and those had a much lower discharge rate.

So in short, I think your device is fine but there's a very special technique to develop if you want to get some vapor out of it.

Duba

Accessory Maker
So in short, I think your device is fine but there's a very special technique to develop if you want to get some vapor out of it.
After 1 minute of preheating, I managed to get some hot air into my mouth indeed (without vapor)...but it seemed a long time for so little...
did you have to preheat for so long back then?

Duba,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yeah what you describe kinda sounds like the memories I have: plenty of struggle and often just the impression of sucking on a hair drier...

You really have to insist and get the entire thing super hot, then once it's going don't stop and try to cash your load as fast as possible, as using it on demand and letting cool down between hits was clearly not the way to go.

KeroZen,
  • Wow
Reactions: Duba

ChipNJ

Just order the Firewood 8 & 9 Stem With Light Blue Cooling Bricks, Cooling Spikes, and a Flattened Mouthpiece. I guess my waking up at 5 am and not being able to fall back asleep paid off. Just recently got my Firewood 9 and still working out the right temp and method, this should help.

Last edited:
Top Bottom