Firewood Vaporizer

Duba

Accessory Maker
Any tips for a newbie? I
My technique : (i use only one setting temp, 390°F)
1° press the fire button,
2° at the 2nd buzz, i wait 2 or 3 seconds longer (especially at the beginning) and then i start inhaling, slowly (still pressing the button).
3° Towards the end of the shot, i release the button and continue sucking few seconds to empty the bowl.

delta hotel

My first impression on seeing the FW9 was my first impression on seeing the FW7. Wow, what a beautiful device. I was never 100% sold on the new look, but seeing it in person sold me. It's so well crafted, and with such a nice finish.

The air flow feels VERY open compared to my FW7, and using the stock temps, I'm only able to get kind of light wispy hits. My FW7 felt much more restrictive, but would also produce much more vapor at the same or even lower settings. I thought maybe because the bowl was so deep I hadn't packed it well enough, but I tried again and mostly got the same. It's vaping, but I have to really barely pull from it to get anything. Maybe I just need to adjust my technique. The interface is exactly what I expected, and the use and loading I'm familiar enough with from the 7, but I wish I could get hits like I can from my 7. Again at even lower temps.

I'm wondering if I've got something out of alignment or an air leak somewhere for it to feel so open, or is that just the FW9?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Maybe I just need to adjust my technique.

Yeah, as I understand it, especially with capsule model, there is more convection airflow present so higher temp settings would be needed, trying to maximize the conduction with a finer grind packed tight and super slow draw could be possible, but may not be worth it? Probably better with faster heating for less time at higher settings...? Please keep us posted!

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
I'm wondering if I've got something out of alignment or an air leak somewhere for it to feel so open, or is that just the FW9?
Basically same experience on my end, you definitely need a bit more technique to get good clouds on the 9 especially when new, though after a dozen or so uses my device got a little more restricted but also got better cloud production.

I have found success using the techniques described in the last few posts, but the biggest tip is to avoid letting it cool down completely between hits. I typically start my first hit by waiting for a second or 2 after the first buzz, then start my draw about the speed of a normal breath and accelerate to a deeper breath over a count of 7-10, release the button and keep drawing until the second buzz. Follow up hits are about 12-20 seconds total but less focus on breath speed and usually skip the preheat step unless it has had a chance to cool off.

someTooL

Happy to report that my FW9 bowl option arrived a few days ago. Don’t get me wrong, love my FW8, but the bowl option has been missed and I’m already using the FW9 more.

Really lucked out for the wood grain lottery on this one. Almost matching lightning bolt grains running down each side. Stunning, however, won’t see it much as I added a @Duba red leather cover. Now, super stunning lol.

In all seriousness, such an excellent addition. The fit and feel of the soft leather is above expectations. True craftsmanship here. Not spending anyone’s money, but I HIGHLY recommend.

Jah75

If anyone is looking, they are in stock (both options) pulled the trigger day before yesterday and got my shipping notification today 8)

I wasn’t even planning on buying it, just doing my version of doom-scrolling (looking at sites with stuff I want that’s OOS or pre-order) - saw the pics in the site weren’t greyed out and couldn’t stop myself

Pcloudy

Mine showed up today, the adapter to use dyna stems is way to loose in the ceramic. Looks like the glass is a millimeter or so too small and it just slides right out. Im hoping to get some wooden stems turned to fit but wouldnt mind leaving them square on one end just to fit snugly. Ill have to check the dimensions of some pen blanks.

Baelle

Mine showed up today, the adapter to use dyna stems is way to loose in the ceramic. Looks like the glass is a millimeter or so too small and it just slides right out. Im hoping to get some wooden stems turned to fit but wouldnt mind leaving them square on one end just to fit snugly. Ill have to check the dimensions of some pen blanks.
You might try sliding the silicone piece to the other end of the glass on the adapter. It was kinda loose on mine too, but the opposite end has a little lip on it that makes a good seal when extended and doesn't let it just slide right out. At least mine does.

Pcloudy

You might try sliding the silicone piece to the other end of the glass on the adapter. It was kinda loose on mine too, but the opposite end has a little lip on it that makes a good seal when extended and doesn't let it just slide right out. At least mine does.
Thats a bit better. Ill play around with it but the stock glass seems plenty good.

Next question. Is there supposed to be something holding the bowl and rim in place for dumping the spent flower? I was hoping a quick flip and blow would be good but that seems to result in the bowl and rim falling out. Is this just something I will need to learn to live with?

Im on a t break atm but have run some cbd in it and have been very impressed so far.

Pcloudy,
Reactions: Octavia

Puddentain

Do you have the bowl option? If so, the bowl and rim shouldn’t be falling out. Is the bowl funnel twisted into the body? I use a nickel to tighten slightly.

Pcloudy

Do you have the bowl option? If so, the bowl and rim shouldn’t be falling out. Is the bowl funnel twisted into the body? I use a nickel to tighten slightly.
Yes I have the bowl option and I am not smart. I didnt realized the middle part with the tamp pulls out to load and dump. I was taking the whole thing apart. Lol.

Baelle

Thats a bit better. Ill play around with it but the stock glass seems plenty good.

Next question. Is there supposed to be something holding the bowl and rim in place for dumping the spent flower? I was hoping a quick flip and blow would be good but that seems to result in the bowl and rim falling out. Is this just something I will need to learn to live with?

Im on a t break atm but have run some cbd in it and have been very impressed so far.
Did you get the bowl or capsule option?

Baelle,

popitup

1) I've switched back to capsule mode, I find it better for my rituals
2) I put a silicone spacer on my stem to prevent it from moving too far into the elbow and ruining airflow and this is tremendously improved my experience
3) This is still my favorite device to take on the go to be discrete (if a vapcap isn't appropriate)

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Anyone having trouble getting a response from Marc, I sent him a message Sunday about the ceramic around my coils has cracked into two pieces and another issue but haven’t heard back. Sent another yesterday

Puddentain

I emailed yesterday AM but have not heard back yet. I’m having a charging issue, but use a separate charger so I’m still in business. Wonder if he looks at these emails a bunch at a time?

Stueylakes

Mines been sat in New York for 2 weeks.....not got on a plane, not had free beer and watched 2 movies. Just sat in ISC New York.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
I emailed yesterday AM but have not heard back yet. I’m having a charging issue, but use a separate charger so I’m still in business. Wonder if he looks at these emails a bunch at a time?
I still haven't heard anything back
hey @Sour Dream
It wasn't you who already had a problem with the button?
if so...it's rough..
Yea that was me, my battery door had issues too still love the device

Stueylakes

Well she's arrived, and im absolutely smitten. I've obviously missed conduction and the hybrid element certainly works for me sublimely. Following @Duba techniques off the bat had fantastic success from bowl 1. Not much work done today as havent been able to put it down.

Just ordered a nice yellow @GoodVibesBoro stem, as it has to be glass, the revolve is great but....

Only gripe and I know its been mentioned but my button has quite a wobble, also as the full price which wasnt what I paid was declared on the package so £93 customs charge hurt a tad, but still makes the whole package around normal rrp and can't escape the tax man over here!

Im preset 1 370, 2 390, and 3 420 and its bang on every time, I'm 3 brand new molicels in today so ive definately done the scientific testing! Also took it on the dog walk and with a couple of s&b dosing caps and my 420eng funnel could easily reload on the move. Priceless.

Love it, light as a feather, so delightful in hand and so intuitively simple for stealth and efficiency.

Ive also been high as fuck, like really high all day, so I'm again pleased conductions back in the rotation fully. Cheers Marc, so glad I've now finally added this to the mix.

Duba

Accessory Maker
Well she's arrived, and im absolutely smitten. I've obviously missed conduction and the hybrid element certainly works for me sublimely. Following @Duba techniques off the bat had fantastic success from bowl 1. Not much work done today as havent been able to put it down.
What a nice unit! 👌

I'd been neglecting mine for a while to concentrate on my unregulated vapes and when I took it out again on an outing the other day, I was once again impressed by its skills!
By the way, there's a hidden mode on the Fw, if you click 5x and hold down the last press, it switches to unregulated mode....then it's just you, the button and the heater.:)

Top Bottom