Firewood Vaporizer

Hello guys!

well... I received my device today.
It's beautiful and I really wanted to try it... but it doesn't work...

I'm coming to check here if you have anything to recommend to me, otherwise I'll write to Marc for feedback...

I can check the battery level, temperature or something else. I can also change the temperature settings... but as soon as I activate the heating, I get short buzzes continuously...
I activated it twice for 30 seconds, to see if I get a different buzz but I don't...

I had a Fw7 in the past and don't remember that...

an advice
What batteries are you using? And how old are they? I had those similar buzzes happen on a battery I have been using for a while and a brand new p28a fixed it...

ColdAssistant,
Reactions: fangorn

fangorn

What batteries are you using? And how old are they? I had those similar buzzes happen on a battery I have been using for a while and a brand new p28a fixed it...

I use p26a or p28a.
They must be around 1 year old.
They power my toad or e-cigs without any problem...

I'm going to try to pick up a valid 18650 in a store tomorrow... but I can't believe that would be it!!

I also sent an email to Marc obviously to find out what he says..

PossumMD

I use p26a or p28a.
They must be around 1 year old.
They power my toad or e-cigs without any problem...

I'm going to try to pick up a valid 18650 in a store tomorrow... but I can't believe that would be it!!

I also sent an email to Marc obviously to find out what he says..
Marc was a little slow to reply to me last week about a defect I had in my bowl kit (a bit of the top lip arrived chipped), but it wasn't an astronomical wait. Less than a week. Was like this at the height of the fw7 hype too. I'm just trying to say "be patient, it'll get sorted" and failing a bit cos I'm super medicated hahahahahaha.

fangorn

Marc responded super quickly... but it's the weekend now so the rest will wait until Monday or Tuesday I suppose.

he also asked me about the type of 18650 I am using, and to make sure that the contact is correct at the negative pole.

I tested with a brand new battery and it didn't change anything.

So we'll be heading back I guess.

This doesn't call into question Marc's excellent work at all... but it does make me think...

fangorn,
Reactions: Octavia

Zow237

I grabbed an fw7 and an fw8 I checked without any weed or capsule in the 8 there is so much restriction. Idk why. When i inhale on the 7 is pretty wide Open. Idk why the 8 I have is soooo restrictive it’s very uncomfortable drawing from it. Anyone else have this issue? 7 is wide open. The 8s draw restriction is so restricted I find it unusable cuz my neck just flares up from the restriction

Zow237,
Reactions: moondog

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
I grabbed an fw7 and an fw8 I checked without any weed or capsule in the 8 there is so much restriction. Idk why. When i inhale on the 7 is pretty wide Open. Idk why the 8 I have is soooo restrictive it’s very uncomfortable drawing from it. Anyone else have this issue? 7 is wide open. The 8s draw restriction is so restricted I find it unusable cuz my neck just flares up from the restriction
Funny you should ask. It was only a few days ago that I discovered what I think is another bit of Marc's genius despite using the 8/9 for months now. (Yeah, sometimes I'm disturbingly slow when it comes to fully understanding the tech and design of these things.) Watch the opening on the oven end of the FW 8/9 while you put in a capsule (empty is fine) and screw down the oven cover. You will see that the ceramic elbow is pushed down by the pressure exerted by the capsule and cover. This opens a nice wide air intake. That's what the annoying spring is for! It's not just to hold the elbow in place. Or maybe I'm once again completely misunderstanding how things work. But either way, it's pretty darn cool.

Zow237

Funny you should ask. It was only a few days ago that I discovered what I think is another bit of Marc's genius despite using the 8/9 for months now. (Yeah, sometimes I'm disturbingly slow when it comes to fully understanding the tech and design of these things.) Watch the opening on the oven end of the FW 8/9 while you put in a capsule (empty is fine) and screw down the oven cover. You will see that the ceramic elbow is pushed down by the pressure exerted by the capsule and cover. This opens a nice wide air intake. That's what the annoying spring is for! It's not just to hold the elbow in place. Or maybe I'm once again completely misunderstanding how things work. But either way, it's pretty darn cool.
I’m confused what are you telling me to do?

Zow237,

moondog

I’m confused what are you telling me to do?
Sorry I wasn't clear. I'm not saying you have to do anything special.

In your first post you said that you did your draw restriction test with no capsule in the vape. My point is that when you put the capsule in and screw down the oven cover, you will find that the air flow is greatly improved thanks to the vape's design.

moondog

Yeah I’m gonna have to open it up even more. I see what you are talking about. @moondog
Now it's my turn to be confused. I'm not sure what you mean by "open it up even more", but I would be careful about modifying things in there.

moondog,

Zow237

Now it's my turn to be confused. I'm not sure what you mean by "open it up even more", but I would be careful about modifying things in there.
The airflow is just not good enough for me. I have neck muscle problems that get worse when I used vapes with any restriction for the most part. Im saying i need more airflow.
Also i just charged a battery for the 8 and put it in. i got 5 vibrations. went to do a session and it took forever and sometimes i didnt even get a 2nd buzz. then all of a sudden my battery is dead? 3 vibrates 3 times in a row indicating the battery is low and needs to be charged. Ive charged it with multiple cords and still nothing. do i just contact marc and probably end up sending back the battery casing?

Zow237,

moondog

The airflow is just not good enough for me. I have neck muscle problems that get worse when I used vapes with any restriction for the most part. Im saying i need more airflow.

Well understood. It definitely sucks when physical limitations make it harder to get relief from physical limitations. Been there (still), done that.

Also i just charged a battery for the 8 and put it in. i got 5 vibrations. went to do a session and it took forever and sometimes i didnt even get a 2nd buzz. then all of a sudden my battery is dead? 3 vibrates 3 times in a row indicating the battery is low and needs to be charged. Ive charged it with multiple cords and still nothing. do i just contact marc and probably end up sending back the battery casing?

Definitely contact Marc. I have a vague memory of some issues with FW8 battery packs early on. If you got your FWs used, maybe the 8's battery pack is an early one that needs some TLC from Marc. While you're at it, you might want to ask him about the airflow on your 8. I understand you have limitations that make your experience different than mine, but the airflow on the 8 is really pretty good. If you're feeling it's restricted even with an empty capsule in place, you should ask Marc about it.

Zow237

Yeah I contacted him. I can not get the battery packs to charge at all for some reason. one just vibrates 3 times twice and then the other will vibrate like 9 times after i put the pack on and only give me a 2 vibrate when i check the battery. Just odd that i get a device from someone that said they barely used it 20 times since launch and both batteries wont charge. Ive used a few diff usbc cables and wall blocks. doesnt make any sense to my why i cant get them to charge. He charged them to full before he sent them too. @moondog

Zow237,
Reactions: Rab42

Highonu

Finally got mine, took a while to find its way to northern europe from across the pond. Also managed to drop it and crack the wood where the negative battery connection is. Sucks but a little super glue and it still works perfectly.

Awesome little machine! Only used it with the capsule mod so far, haven’t tried bowl mode yet but it blows me away and works exactly like I wished it would. No stirring and dark AVB is how I love to vape and its so easy to do with the fw9!

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Finally got mine, took a while to find its way to northern europe from across the pond. Also managed to drop it and crack the wood where the negative battery connection is. Sucks but a little super glue and it still works perfectly.

Awesome little machine! Only used it with the capsule mod so far, haven’t tried bowl mode yet but it blows me away and works exactly like I wished it would. No stirring and dark AVB is how I love to vape and its so easy to do with the fw9!
dope man glad you are enjoying it. Mines didnt ship until yesterday idk what the hold up was

Sour Dream,
Reactions: Highonu

fangorn

Well finally, I submitted the Fw9 for a return by post today...

I don't know yet if Marc will "repair" this one or if he will send me a new one. My patience and serenity amazes me.
It was really difficult to have such a beautiful vaporizer at home, without it being able to be used!

and it's funny but my brain is asking me for a hybrid convection/conduction steam... whereas until now I was doing just fine without it!

fangorn,

bobothevaper

Im in Scandinavia. How long did it take?

Also, can any share pics with 3rd party stem and the adapter?

bobothevaper,
Reactions: Sour Dream

Coustu

Been kinda interested in FW9 for a few months. The couple of times I went to the website it said restocking Sunday night at 8pm. So I’m wondering…Are they rarely in stock or does he restock weekly on Sundays and it’s first come first serve?

Coustu,
Top Bottom