Firewood Vaporizer

sukhda

Hey all, I'm in the process of working out how to get the most out of my new Firewood 9 (Capsule option) and am curious to hear what a standard session looks like for people. I seem to have landed on preset #2 where I; wait for the "ready" buzz, then take a small hit, continue to hold the button and then take a second bigger hit before releasing the button. Then repeat until the bowl is dead.

But today I wondered if that's really the best way of doing things. Does everyone activate the heater every time you take a hit? Today I took some smaller, albeit whispier hits, in between heating cycles.

Does anyone have any pro tips on how to get the most out of this device?

TL;DR; I'm baked and rambling. But also curious as to how people use their devices.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Hey all, I'm in the process of working out how to get the most out of my new Firewood 9 (Capsule option) and am curious to hear what a standard session looks like for people. I seem to have landed on preset #2 where I; wait for the "ready" buzz, then take a small hit, continue to hold the button and then take a second bigger hit before releasing the button. Then repeat until the bowl is dead.

But today I wondered if that's really the best way of doing things. Does everyone activate the heater every time you take a hit? Today I took some smaller, albeit whispier hits, in between heating cycles.

Does anyone have any pro tips on how to get the most out of this device?

TL;DR; I'm baked and rambling. But also curious as to how people use their devices.

Can't swear I'm getting the most out of the device, but using the following routine, I am thoroughly baked to a delicate crunch every night.

My temp settings are:

Level 1 = 365 or 370 (can't remember right now)
Level 2 = 380
Level 3 = 390

• I take my first hit at Level 1 just to get some nice flavor/terps and warm things up. Once I get my buzz signifying that I'm at temp, I inhale while heating for 10 seconds, release the button, and then keep inhaling for a total count of 20.
  • I then take 2 hits on Level 2. Once I get my buzz signifying that I'm at temp, I inhale for 8 seconds, release the button, and then keep inhaling for a total count of 20. The first hit yields a nice cloud and the second is even thicker.
  • Finally, 2 or 3 hits on Level 3 that are massive. Once I get my buzz signifying that I'm at temp, I inhale for 6-7 seconds, release the button, and then keep inhaling for a total count of 20.
If I take longer hits on levels 2 or 3 I can end up coughing.

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Can't swear I'm getting the most out of the device, but using the following routine, I am thoroughly baked to a delicate crunch every night.

My temp settings are:

Level 1 = 365 or 370 (can't remember right now)
Level 2 = 380
Level 3 = 390

• I take my first hit at Level 1 just to get some nice flavor/terps and warm things up. Once I get my buzz signifying that I'm at temp, I inhale while heating for 10 seconds, release the button, and then keep inhaling for a total count of 20.
  • I then take 2 hits on Level 2. Once I get my buzz signifying that I'm at temp, I inhale for 8 seconds, release the button, and then keep inhaling for a total count of 20. The first hit yields a nice cloud and the second is even thicker.
  • Finally, 2 or 3 hits on Level 3 that are massive. Once I get my buzz signifying that I'm at temp, I inhale for 6-7 seconds, release the button, and then keep inhaling for a total count of 20.
If I take longer hits on levels 2 or 3 I can end up coughing.
My technique is basically the same but I generally start at preset 2 for 2-4 hits, then switch to preset 3 until we’re back home or the weed tastes spent (~6-10 hits). I basically only use my vape on walks outside so my spouse and I usually pass back and forth over the course of 30 minutes to an hour. We frequently only take 1-4 hits in a row before letting the device cool all the way down.

I run my device at default settings with the device claiming preset 2 is 380, preset 3 is 420 but I think mine runs on the cool side since my Firewood 7 frequently combusts at its default preset 3. I usually get wispy clouds at preset 2, but can get nice clouds at preset 3 but I have to pull fairly hard relative to my other vapes. Regardless of clouds, effects are quite nice, especially for sequential hits when we don’t let it cool down but it requires more breath awareness than most other (conduction heavy) vapes I’ve tried and seems to do well with a medium-fast draw.

Last edited:

sukhda

Thanks @moondog and @Octavia . I'm going to try this tomorrow. It doesn't seem a million miles from what I'm doing now, but I do notice the throat hit is a lot heavier (sometimes uncomfortably so) when I go for those heavy inhales while the heater is engaged throughout. This sounds like it would like solve that.

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Oh yeah, 1 other tip that I think is mentioned in the manual, but it’s helpful to pack the capsules tightly. I use a BCG medium grind and a lego shovel to load, packing firmly with the tamping tool built into the lid while the capsule is on a rolling tray after every scoop so that nothing falls out when it’s turned upside down. I usually fit ~0.2g in each capsule but can go as little as 0.1g (any less and I have trouble packing tightly enough with the built in tool).

PossumMD

Well, this is interesting. I just finished a bowl with my unit in bowl mode. Blew out the load cos it tasted "done". Then I watched the puck slowly smolder and burn with a bright red glow. I was mystified as to how this could've happened cos I had good airflow and I didn't taste combustion at all.

Farafaxis

Quick question for those of you with bowl conversion kits...
Judging from the picture in the manual, it doesn't look like the bowl mode plug screws in like the capsule mode plug but rather stays in using friction. If that's the case, do y'all feel the plug is secure or does it feel like it can be easily shaken free? Or does it function similarly to the capsule mode plug?

Farafaxis,

PossumMD

Quick question for those of you with bowl conversion kits...
Judging from the picture in the manual, it doesn't look like the bowl mode plug screws in like the capsule mode plug but rather stays in using friction. If that's the case, do y'all feel the plug is secure or does it feel like it can be easily shaken free? Or does it function similarly to the capsule mode plug?
The plug isn't screw in, correct. Seems to be in pretty firmly though.

Duba

Accessory Maker
The plug isn't screw in, correct. Seems to be in pretty firmly though.
it's not screwed in and holds well, although not as well as the oven plug.

What I've noticed, and what I'm doing wrong, is that I've had a lot of trouble removing the bowl system, especially the wooden part that locks the capsule, which I damaged a bit trying to unscrew.

In your experience, should it be screwed on/tightened all the way or not? is it screwed in like I think it is?
I've greased the parts in contact, hoping it'll be easier next time, but I'm not completely reassured now.

Duba,

PossumMD

What I've noticed, and what I'm doing wrong, is that I've had a lot of trouble removing the bowl system, especially the wooden part that locks the capsule, which I damaged a bit trying to unscrew.

In your experience, should it be screwed on/tightened all the way or not? is it screwed in like I think it is?
I've greased the parts in contact, hoping it'll be easier next time, but I'm not completely reassured now.
I actually had issues with my new bowl cos a broken plug made it through QC. But, honestly, once it's in, it's there for a while. I found I got a bunch of air leakage if it was not screwed in fully. Now, I have zero air leakage and shit is working ah-amzingly.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'

I was worried I wouldn't be able to remove mine without stripping the slots that give you purchase for unscrewing it. But it unscrewed much easier than I thought it would. I can see how it would be easy to over-tighten it. I think it's just luck that I didn't because I tend to go too far with that sort of thing. I haven't had any air leakage.

moondog,
Reactions: Duba

Zow237

Got a steal on an fw8 capsules, holder and 2 batteries for 222 and an fw7 for me and my wife :) Ive been with my wife for 12 years and she has only vaped with cannabis with me once in that time. She has been dealing with a lot of anxiety lately and wants to try out cannabis to calm her down. So itll be nice to share such wonderful devices with her :) Cheers all. Will update when i love the shit out of these devices. Missing my FW5

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Does the Firewood 9 sell out quick after a Sunday drop?
Over the summer (May-September) it was usually in stock whenever I looked, but looks like the bowl conversion has been quite popular. Not sure if this spike in demand is temporary or the new normal yet though, but it’s probably safe to assume that it’ll sell out within an hour of the drop for at least the next couple drops or so.

Last edited:

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Gonna pick one of these up this weekend with the bowl option. It’s still crazy to me that it took me this long to get a firewood. I remember I was thirsty to get a fw7 a few years ago. The Roffu is nice for the price but it’s getting kicked to the curb

fangorn

Hello guys!

well... I received my device today.
It's beautiful and I really wanted to try it... but it doesn't work...

I'm coming to check here if you have anything to recommend to me, otherwise I'll write to Marc for feedback...

I can check the battery level, temperature or something else. I can also change the temperature settings... but as soon as I activate the heating, I get short buzzes continuously...
I activated it twice for 30 seconds, to see if I get a different buzz but I don't...

I had a Fw7 in the past and don't remember that...

an advice ??

chililvr

Hello guys!

well... I received my device today.
It's beautiful and I really wanted to try it... but it doesn't work...

I'm coming to check here if you have anything to recommend to me, otherwise I'll write to Marc for feedback...

I can check the battery level, temperature or something else. I can also change the temperature settings... but as soon as I activate the heating, I get short buzzes continuously...
I activated it twice for 30 seconds, to see if I get a different buzz but I don't...

I had a Fw7 in the past and don't remember that...

an advice ??
If it is three sets of three buzzes then the battery is to low to work and needs charged.

chililvr,
Reactions: moondog

fangorn

If it is three sets of three buzzes then the battery is to low to work and needs charged.

nah... I started with a full battery.
I tried with another one just in case.
I also plugged the FW9 in for 3 or 4 seconds before unplugging it.

But thanks!

fangorn,
Top Bottom