Firewood Vaporizer

RichardsBag

I am happy with the capsule system and my FW8 but I may be tempted by the bowl kit! Not a necessity though.
I thought i reallly, really wanted a FW9. Like enough to sell TM1,2 and maybe a kidney.
Then he goes and makes a new/novel 'bowl mode'.

Future me to future child: "So ya, thats basically how daddy ended up short a kidney, bud. Toke?"

Hopkins3030

I guess I lucked out & snagged the last bowl kit yesterday! I'm super stoked to get it, I haven't really touched my FW8 in weeks...

I like keeping a dube tube of fresh ground with me, and dumping out my 7 while it's still hot since the weed comes out easily, and then just pouring it in some fresh.
I use my 7 in exactly the same way, but with the WPA and a Hubble Bubbler... it's so easy to just blow out the spent bowl while it's still warm... I'll be glad to get my 8 back into rotation!

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
I guess I lucked out & snagged the last bowl kit yesterday! I'm super stoked to get it, I haven't really touched my FW8 in weeks...

I wonder if there'll be some scheduled drop for more kits like there used to be for vapes. My VAS is surging like it hasn't for months.

moondog,
Reactions: DonnaMo

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Awesome, I can see how it is seemingly a bit less sleek portable with this setup, although it already wasn't that sick anymore with the top tools on the lid... I wonder if some sort of little magnetic wood lid could be designed to go over the actual lids, to make it a more sleek portable out and about?? Hmmm

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Awesome, I can see how it is seemingly a bit less sleek portable with this setup, although it already wasn't that sick anymore with the top tools on the lid... I wonder if some sort of little magnetic wood lid could be designed to go over the actual lids, to make it a more sleek portable out and about?? Hmmm
Could possibly even just put a crossbar that fits the grooves on the oven and goes around the stopper!

3STOCK

Hey everyone,

Got my bowl adaptor/attachment yesterday and tried it out. The tighter airflow and bowl size is very nice but I found the unloading workflow to be a little unclear.

Anyone have a good workflow in mind for the bowl attachment? Perhaps similarly to the capsule system you need to let it fully cool down into a puck to be removed? Or perhaps a brush like with S&B products? Open to ideas & discussion here

3STOCK,

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Hey everyone,

Got my bowl adaptor/attachment yesterday and tried it out. The tighter airflow and bowl size is very nice but I found the unloading workflow to be a little unclear.

Anyone have a good workflow in mind for the bowl attachment? Perhaps similarly to the capsule system you need to let it fully cool down into a puck to be removed? Or perhaps a brush like with S&B products? Open to ideas & discussion here
With my FW7 I’d just remove the lid, turn it upside down and blow through the mouthpiece firmly but gently to eject the puck while the oven is still warm (you get the hang of it after a few tries) which should work if the retaining rings don’t allow the crucible to fall out. If you want to save the abv, probably something like a vape spittoon could work too

3STOCK

Congratulations! You're gonna love it.

I can already hear people groaning "Oh no, he mentioned accessories. Here comes Moondog."

Because they know I'm going to say: For me, the Delta 3D capsule loading tray is indispensable.

It makes loading dead simple with no tipping capsules or spillage. Ratchet designed it using a capsule I sent him so everything fits perfectly. You can load 4 caps at a time, load the 9 and the cap holder and you're set for day/trip/next few minutes, whatever. This device definitely improves the quality of my FW9-related life.

Tweezers are not essential for many folks but my limited finger dexterity makes them a necessity.

Can't wait to hear your impressions of your new device.
Just wanted to say thanks to Moondog for recommending this capsule loading system! It's perfect for holding capsules on a rolling tray, packing a bunch at once tightly (which I find to prefer over a looser hand-done packing), and even works as a travel container with a rubber band!

https://delta3dstudios.com/firewood-v8-capsule-loading-tray)

Still loving the FW9 and even after getting the bowl system still prefer the capsules :-)

Highonu

Finally pulled the trigger on this. Been dreaming of one since the 4th version or something. I had the impression fw didn’t ship to europe!? Well they do and yeah with the taxes its not the cheapest vape to get but I am truly excited 😊

I got the unit with bowl option + capsule plug + 3 capsule set. Did I miss anything or will I be able to use it both ways with the above set? Thanks.

Fingers crossed it arrives with no extra hiccups!

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Finally pulled the trigger on this. Been dreaming of one since the 4th version or something. I had the impression fw didn’t ship to europe!? Well they do and yeah with the taxes its not the cheapest vape to get but I am truly excited 😊

I got the unit with bowl option + capsule plug + 3 capsule set. Did I miss anything or will I be able to use it both ways with the above set? Thanks.

Fingers crossed it arrives with no extra hiccups!
Welcome aboard! I think you've got everything you need to use the FW in both modes.

I got my bowl kit yesterday and am planning to try it out tonight.

Duba

Accessory Maker
I've received and used the bowl kit.
it's easy to install and well thought out. It's slightly curved at the top, which makes loading easier than with the Fw7.
The bowl is removable, which is much easier to clean than with the Fw7.

Despite the high import taxes in France (€20 for a $40 product), I'm happy with the purchase, as I can finally empty the bowl again simply by blowing through the stem.

My only regret is that I no longer use the oven-plug, as I really enjoy the screwing/unscrewing ritual.

IMG-20230920-120932.jpg

Top Bottom