Firewood Vaporizer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I borrowed a friend's firewood 4 and it has a flavor that seems to come from the wood or wood treatment (linseed oil, beeswax?). I've also come across some reviews that mention the woody flavor. is this anything to be concerned about, from presumably off gassing of the wood, treatment, or wood glue? I enjoy the vaporizer and might be interested in ordering a newer condition.

There is no linseed oil, but walnut wood takes a bit of time to break in in my experience, I don't think the finish or the way it's built affect it, though I only have FW7

EarthworldTim

I borrowed a friend's firewood 4 and it has a flavor that seems to come from the wood or wood treatment (linseed oil, beeswax?). I've also come across some reviews that mention the woody flavor. is this anything to be concerned about, from presumably off gassing of the wood, treatment, or wood glue? I enjoy the vaporizer and might be interested in ordering a newer condition.
Also have only used FW7 but I get some wood flavor on my last 2 hits from a bowl when I turn the heat up a little higher. I've always considered this normal and never worried me.

Shit Snacks

Same here. I have FW7 and FW8. I find the walnut taste is stronger with the FW7, but I take the walnut taste as part of my Firewood experience and it does not bother me.

That makes sense since the FW8 and FW9 use cherry wood around the heating element and chamber section, specifically because of a more neutral profile according to Marc

noobvaperct

Hey all, sorry that I'm late to the game. I'm looking for a portable that is 18650 replaceable to try and rival my TM2 that will need to get repaired.

I know the FW8 received some backlash vs the FW7 that seemed to get a lot of praise. Is the FW9 worth it?

3STOCK

Hey all, sorry that I'm late to the game. I'm looking for a portable that is 18650 replaceable to try and rival my TM2 that will need to get repaired.

I know the FW8 received some backlash vs the FW7 that seemed to get a lot of praise. Is the FW9 worth it?
Yes for sure, see my FW9 review above

The hybrid heating puts it in a slightly different category than the full convection TM2 and thus they are complimentary

See infographic from the firewood site attached on heating methods: https://firewoodaromatech.com/cdn/shop/t/2/assets/slide_3.jpg?v=51570125188648140681688733961

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'

With the FW9, Marc addressed nearly every complaint people had with the FW8 with the exception of the capsule system. If you're cool with capsules, don't hesitate.

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
With the FW9, Marc addressed nearly every complaint people had with the FW8 with the exception of the capsule system. If you're cool with capsules, don't hesitate.
I personally prefer my 9 to my 7 entirely due to the capsules. It’s less convenient to unload on the go but it’s so much easier to clean since you can soak the capsules (and also prep multiple at a time if you need more than 1 per session).

noobvaperct

I exclusively have used all of my portables with capsules, I’m a big fan of them because it makes cleanup easier and faster. I also get high with the same amount so is a win win for me.

firewood

Manufacturer
Hey guys, good timing, I noticed you were just talking about the capsule system. I am happy to announce that the Firewood 9 is now the only vaporizer on earth that can operate in either capsule or the new "bowl" mode (please correct me if I am wrong on this). It is simple to convert between the two modes. Basically the bowl mode uses the normal capsule with a ceramic ring that sites on top of the capsule to hold it down and control airflow, then a wooden funnel that screws in on top of that, then a plug that seals it all off. I have a new kit available to convert any existing fw9 to bowl mode and am also now selling fw9 in either capsule or bowl mode. Anybody who buys a fw9 in bowl mode can also switch to capsule mode buy buying a capsule plug. I have been using it for a couple weeks now and kind of surprised myself that I like it better than capsule mode, although I'm sure I'll still use capsule when I want to be able to reload really quickly and easily.

PossumMD

Hey guys, good timing, I noticed you were just talking about the capsule system. I am happy to announce that the Firewood 9 is now the only vaporizer on earth that can operate in either capsule or the new "bowl" mode (please correct me if I am wrong on this). It is simple to convert between the two modes. Basically the bowl mode uses the normal capsule with a ceramic ring that sites on top of the capsule to hold it down and control airflow, then a wooden funnel that screws in on top of that, then a plug that seals it all off. I have a new kit available to convert any existing fw9 to bowl mode and am also now selling fw9 in either capsule or bowl mode. Anybody who buys a fw9 in bowl mode can also switch to capsule mode buy buying a capsule plug. I have been using it for a couple weeks now and kind of surprised myself that I like it better than capsule mode, although I'm sure I'll still use capsule when I want to be able to reload really quickly and easily.
Is the bowl compatible with the fw8? Cos if so, I'm all in.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'

Marc, you never fail to amaze.

I am most interested in this for my FW9 but as usual, I'm not entirely clear as to how this actually works. Any chance we could get a quick video on how it all goes together?

Duba

Accessory Maker
You're a genius who listens! I need one

edit : Ordered!

Last edited:

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Why is the new plug tapered so sharply? Looks like the tip is intended as a tool to unscrew the retaining cap, but does it also work as an adjustable air intake?

Edit: whoops, missed that the new manual was posted. Looks like the little cap has a little extendable tamper. Neat!

Last edited:
Octavia,

floribud

Bowl Mode? Marc just made my day. I love my 7 and wasn't a big fan of trying to dump a hot capsule and reload quickly with the 8. I like keeping a dube tube of fresh ground with me, and dumping out my 7 while it's still hot since the weed comes out easily, and then just pouring it in some fresh. The little tamper on the end of the FW7 door is also very helpful. Can't wait to check out this bowl mode....

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Bowl Mode? Marc just made my day. I love my 7 and wasn't a big fan of trying to dump a hot capsule and reload quickly with the 8. I like keeping a dube tube of fresh ground with me, and dumping out my 7 while it's still hot since the weed comes out easily, and then just pouring it in some fresh. The little tamper on the end of the FW7 door is also very helpful. Can't wait to check out this bowl mode....
Yeah. I was put off by the capsules so I skipped the 8/9. Now my only excuse is the WPA. If something as magical as the FW7 WPA appears I might just have to crack and pick it up.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

What a nice surprise! You are one of the best, really taking feedback to heart, I think anyone would say the FW9 is now a perfect evolution from the FW7 the best of all worlds for everyone and the FW8 still available too for people that liked that feature set... Truly incredible, I'm sorry I have not been able to grab FW9 yet still, even though there is even more for me to grab now, I guess it works out then, hopefully in the coming months or 2024 maybe I can finally buy again and have one! Thanks for everything Marc :luv: :bowdown:

Duba

Accessory Maker
I shared your opinion on the capsules until I used the "capsule set" supplied by Marc with 3 refills (4 bowls with the one in the device) that make it a mobile device as I like to use my Fw7.

The new bowl system (removable!) looks great as it seems easier to load than the fw7's thanks to its funnel shape.
Having 2 systems at your disposal is an undeniable + !

After that, marc will be able to work on the wpa...:D

Shit Snacks

Not quite, still missing one key piece from the perfection that is the 7...

:nod:

Right right right right right forgot haha I can't remember if the bottom section comes off still now, if it would be simple to design a similar WPA again without changing anything else??

Yeah I had hoped n figured some sort of securing of the chamber crucible capsules in the oven would be possible, so hopefully the WPA can be too!

Top Bottom