Firewood Vaporizer

chililvr

How often does the screen come out of the FW 8/9 capsules? I was packing it a bit too hard and popped the screen out. Not easy to get back in. Or would it just be better to get new screens?

chililvr,

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
How often does the screen come out of the FW 8/9 capsules? I was packing it a bit too hard and popped the screen out. Not easy to get back in. Or would it just be better to get new screens?
I've had one pop out while cleaning out ABV. I just pressed it back in place. That happened quite a while ago and hasn't happened since. Mine probably didn't get deformed the way yours might have if it was pressed through the bottom hole. I think it's always a good idea to have a couple of extra screens.

moondog,

leanpubpackage

I've had one pop out while cleaning out ABV. I just pressed it back in place. That happened quite a while ago and hasn't happened since. Mine probably didn't get deformed the way yours might have if it was pressed through the bottom hole. I think it's always a good idea to have a couple of extra screens.
are the screens friction fit or is there a ledge at the bottom of the capsule?

leanpubpackage,

VASked_Avenger!

Please, what size are the Fw7 screens again? Id like to order a few extras, as I couldn't find any that were small enough around the house. Got a replacement Fw7 on the way off Discord Exchange, after losing mine recently camping (so I think). Last time I "replaced" my Fw7, I found my original dead center under my couch 2 days later 😂

VASked_Avenger!,

moondog

Please, what size are the Fw7 screens again? Id like to order a few extras, as I couldn't find any that were small enough around the house. Got a replacement Fw7 on the way off Discord Exchange, after losing mine recently camping (so I think). Last time I "replaced" my Fw7, I found my original dead center under my couch 2 days later 😂
Marc has 1/2" and 3/8" screens for sale on his site. I'm guessing the larger ones are for the FW7, but you can email him and ask.

mourningmomma

The Firewood 9 has a nice look to it, but the complications of loading and unloading sounds daunting. I'm waiting for a video that shows someone loading, using and unloading the unit. I don't understand why Firewood doesn't post a use video for any of these vapes. Maybe it's me, but paying over $300 for a vape that you can't see how it's used first??? I just shell out the money and hope for the best?
I'm with you. I want to feel more secure about loading etc. Also what grind and how to pack it? What 3rd market cooling stems fit it?

mourningmomma,

3STOCK

I'm with you. I want to feel more secure about loading etc. Also what grind and how to pack it? What 3rd market cooling stems fit it?
+1 on what looking for answers re grind setting and how to pack. Still figuring this out by trial and error but would love guidance

Looking into stems now, it seems you can adapt dynavpe stems with the adaptor that comes in the box? Saw a previous comment discussing this.

Will post full thoughts and feedback soon but suffice to say the FW9 is a fantastic device that has sidelined my Crafty+ for home use permanently. And I hit it low temp from 330-360F

Unloading is a weak point, but not a dealbreaker. Waiting for it to be cool enough to handle is quick and with a quick blow the abv is out. Loading is pretty easy overall.

More details and thoughts coming soon.

3STOCK,

chililvr

I got a pair of tweezers and straightened the ends. Then I pulled the tweezers open enough that when you put the tweezers in the capsules and release them they expand and grab the capsules from the inside then just lift it straight up then release it wherever you want. Works like a charm! I use a large plate on my BCG grinder and lightly pack then tamp it with the tool on the lid. Do be careful not to press to hard, just hard enough so when you turn the capsule upside down nothing falls out.

Jozin88

The loading part really is no big deal at all.
I was initially worried after reading all the fuss online about how much of a pain loading/unloading would be but after getting the unit: it REALLY is no big deal at all.

The vape kicks way too much ass and hits so freaking nicely that I just don't care about it.

mourningmomma

The only confusion I have is setting the temps. So many clicks , so confused. I'll order it next week. Hopefully I will figure it out.

mourningmomma,

moondog

The only confusion I have is setting the temps. So many clicks , so confused. I'll order it next week. Hopefully I will figure it out.
The instructions make the temp setting process pretty straightforward. The #1 piece of advice is to take your time in terms of button clicks. Make sure each of your clicks is short and distinct and be sure to wait for the "responses" from the FW. I keep meaning to suggest to Marc that he change the word "quick" to short. When I was first trying to set temps I was clicking too quickly and confusing the vape. You don't want to leave TOO long a gap between your clicks but don't feel you have to hurry.

The ability to check your work (3 short clicks to check the temp of your current preset) removes the guesswork. You'll know immediately if you set your preset temp correctly.

Once you've done it the first time it becomes pretty easy.

mourningmomma

The instructions make the temp setting process pretty straightforward. The #1 piece of advice is to take your time in terms of button clicks. Make sure each of your clicks is short and distinct and be sure to wait for the "responses" from the FW. I keep meaning to suggest to Marc that he change the word "quick" to short. When I was first trying to set temps I was clicking too quickly and confusing the vape. You don't want to leave TOO long a gap between your clicks but don't feel you have to hurry.

The ability to check your work (3 short clicks to check the temp of your current preset) removes the guesswork. You'll know immediately if you set your preset temp correctly.

Once you've done it the first time it becomes pretty easy.
Thank you I so appreciate this. I feel a little more confident 😊

leanpubpackage

You can get one without the cooling pearls, without the color, could be cheaper, but wait for a custom could be a while... Don't know what you're looking to spend, but this is a specialty handmade item so relative value
True. I might try to dig up a fat mouthpiece to see if that would work. I like using it native so I’m not itching to spend on a water option. More of a nice to have

Top Bottom