Firewood Vaporizer

There’s a name for this company in Glasgow, not nice so won’t say it on here ,
I only got to top of the 8 list just before Christmas , no sorry but it will be a while before I line Marc’s pocket again ,
he even took full payment for an oven lid ,I took the blame but how could a piece of 1500 damage anything ,iam an ez spraypainter i know
then the tail end at oven under side split when opening and shutting ,or sliding the door ,had to fix it with superglue ,
the 8 iam surprised not more with weak points so NO he wont keep making the 8 ,
maybe the battery’s FOR A WEE WHILE
id have bought the 9 if this was first or brought out later but this is just at it ,,,we are not all made of money ,
Anyway I’ve got my thoughts here ,up to each what they do ,for me no don’t like this ,
marcs made mistakes in the 8 ,he know it hence the 9 so quick ,you can say 10 year ,whatever ,but other rungs could have been done ,
the 8 was a problem weak body etc Marc knows it and changed it to normal priced batterys and not so many weak points ,
but every pounds a prisoner with him so those of us that like me in U.K. spend £400+ on an 8 6 months ago ,
DONT expect any discount code even if you have just bought an 8 ,
i would if it was like tinymight or SnB customer service they help , so I’d be very surprised
Pit will be get in line and pay full ,fuck that with customs added again
seems like clutching at straws as nothings changed other than the body ,
8s in the cupboard,left a bad taste for me ,
everyones seems so lol are we all so soft now we get walked over ,none of our people complain
we just buy things hundreds of pounds more just because of what we use ,
Anyway iam leaving the form and no more answers ,
where iam invited I guess don’t belong ,only been 14years lol never mind

G

firewood

Manufacturer

floribud

I just sold my FW8 early adopter kit, then I'm away from FC for 2 days and "all hell breaks loose" ... again.
It was really a combination of not trusting the long-term viability of the battery backs, the slow speed of charging and the difficulty getting the hot capsules out for a quick swap. These new upgrades all sound great. I hope there's a new battery management unit in the FW9 vs the one in the FW8 battery packs. That one is just slow!!!!

Is there a video showing how to remove the capsules with the cap?

floribud,

Duba

Accessory Maker
Dude ships to Australia, you should be fine. Duties etc will vary.
This is also what I understand from reading his site where he mentions international sales (without battery) but someone in the EU told me that he has not been able to order recently, hence my concern/question.
@firewood Marc didn't seem to want to answer here, although I don't think I'm the only one wondering (especially in light of the recent past when it wasn't possible).
I'll give it a try sometime in any case.

Duba,
Reactions: Orvaxxx

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Can anyone please talk a little about draw (restricted? or no?) in the FW8. We can assume FW9 will be the same in this department. I'm a little concerned about the way the stem narrows down near the chamber entry.
Is there some intentional restriction with this vape, to aid in vapor production in some way?
I have not used a FW vape, any designation, but I'm very curious.
I look for very open draw and very cool native hits (as-in T. Bowle) from a 'next' vape.

I don't mind loading ceramic pots, do it all the time with Bowle, but how is it with the FW8/9? Concerned about needing a tool (like tweezers) just to get it out -- if it is in fact, deep down in there, like too deep to load easily when capsule (pot) is in place, according to Mark. I often would do multiple bowls, how is it swapping, like on the go? The rest of the vape just screams "take me outdoors!"

dog walker

Ten years ago today I sold the first Firewood vaporizer! And today I announce the Firewood 9! The first batch is now available on the Firewood website. The major change from the fw8 is I got rid of the battery packs and went with an internal, user replaceable battery with internal USB-C charging. Another change is that the lid now has built in capsule packing and capsule removal tools. If this batch sells out I'll post more on Sundays at 8pm EST. Any questions?

Hi Marc! Would you be willing to post the dimensions of the Firewood 9? Thank you!

dog walker,
Reactions: moondog

im not a robot

someone in the EU told me that he has not been able to order recently
it wasnt me, but i know that in the past it was not possible to order to germany. i inquired twice (many years in between), and that did not change then. i considered ordering to an address in france (where it would have been possible to ship to), but was luckily able to find a used fw7 at the time. maybe this changed now, i hope so, goodluck

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Is there some intentional restriction with this vape, to aid in vapor production in some way?

The air intake is bigger than it was with the seven, so there is more convection, but this is still hybrid with some conduction... Don't seem to be complaints about air flow, although the pathway does restrict that way, that is just the way that ceramic piece is made for it to go into, for whatever reasons could not make it larger and supposedly not necessary (have not tried it yet though I would be surprised if this had the wide open air flow of other pure convection per se)

Arawfish

Green Thumb
The air intake is bigger than it was with the seven, so there is more convection, but this is still hybrid with some conduction... Don't seem to be complaints about air flow, although the pathway does restrict that way, that is just the way that ceramic piece is made for it to go into, for whatever reasons could not make it larger and supposedly not necessary (have not tried it yet though I would be surprised if this had the wide open air flow of other pure convection per se)
It’s got considerably wide-open airflow in my experience a lot more than the 7, that’s for sure.

Bigdave

There’s a name for this company in Glasgow, not nice so won’t say it on here ,
I only got to top of the 8 list just before Christmas , no sorry but it will be a while before I line Marc’s pocket again ,
he even took full payment for an oven lid ,I took the blame but how could a piece of 1500 damage anything ,iam an ez spraypainter i know
then the tail end at oven under side split when opening and shutting ,or sliding the door ,had to fix it with superglue ,
the 8 iam surprised not more with weak points so NO he wont keep making the 8 ,
maybe the battery’s FOR A WEE WHILE
id have bought the 9 if this was first or brought out later but this is just at it ,,,we are not all made of money ,
Anyway I’ve got my thoughts here ,up to each what they do ,for me no don’t like this ,
marcs made mistakes in the 8 ,he know it hence the 9 so quick ,you can say 10 year ,whatever ,but other rungs could have been done ,
the 8 was a problem weak body etc Marc knows it and changed it to normal priced batterys and not so many weak points ,
but every pounds a prisoner with him so those of us that like me in U.K. spend £400+ on an 8 6 months ago ,
DONT expect any discount code even if you have just bought an 8 ,
i would if it was like tinymight or SnB customer service they help , so I’d be very surprised
Pit will be get in line and pay full ,fuck that with customs added again
seems like clutching at straws as nothings changed other than the body ,
8s in the cupboard,left a bad taste for me ,
everyones seems so lol are we all so soft now we get walked over ,none of our people complain
we just buy things hundreds of pounds more just because of what we use ,
Anyway iam leaving the form and no more answers ,
where iam invited I guess don’t belong ,only been 14years lol never mind

G
Honestly I'm a bit miffed about this too, I bought the "early adopter" package only a month or so ago after not being able to get a 7 and believing that they wouldn't be going back to loose 18650's.

Still I like the vape (the 8), I just find the slide mechanism of the battery a bit of a pain to deal with. Also annoyed that I had to find out from a Forum about the new drop and then couldn't get one because my international card requires an extra step for verification which takes a few minutes and they had sold out whilst trying to pay.

Hopefully I don't feel too sour to try again because the new 9 does look amazing, so when will a new batch go up for sale next?

Vaporware

Concerned about needing a tool (like tweezers) just to get it out -- if it is in fact, deep down in there, like too deep to load easily when capsule (pot) is in place, according to Mark.

I haven’t seen it in detail yet, but Marc said there was a built-in tool for tamping and capsule removal. Hopefully that works well and there’s no need for tweezers! :)

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I haven’t seen it in detail yet, but Marc said there was a built-in tool for tamping and capsule removal. Hopefully that works well and there’s no need for tweezers! :)
In Marc’s post on here he said the lid had the packing and removal tools, and from looking at the lid I can see how you would pack a capsule with it, but I see no indication on how it’s supposed to do much else. There is a possibility I see where it might work for loading it in the device itself so I guess we’ll have to wait until next week to see what the new owners have to say.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
In Marc’s post on here he said the lid had the packing and removal tools, and from looking at the lid I can see how you would pack a capsule with it, but I see no indication on how it’s supposed to do much else. There is a possibility I see where it might work for loading it in the device itself so I guess we’ll have to wait until next week to see what the new owners have to say.
I'm going to guess that the larger round protrusion on top of the lid could be force fit into a capsule and that would allow you to lift out the capsule. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Seems like that could eliminate the need for other tools but I'm a tweezer man myself.

Easywider

Simple is the way
I received my FW8 back from RMA early last week. I have really been enjoying it! Only about 30-40 capsules so far but it's my favorite iteration since the FW4. The heater on this is just such a beast. I loaded up a flower capsule with a good-sized bb of sauce on top of the flower. I held the button down through 3 long draws until I was getting so much vapor it was coming out of my ears. I then let off the button and had 3 more huge lung fulls of vapor before the capsule was spent. I walked away like id just had a twax hit from a ball vape. The entire experience took less than 1min, absolutely incredible.

I've only had the capsules stick on me one time after some concentrates had leaked out on me. I turned the unit upside down with the oven door open and pressed the fire button. The heat along with the haptic vibrations were enough to make it fall out almost instantly.

I'm digging these battery packs as well, I know they will be more expensive to replace down the road but it really makes it convenient to be able to charge an extra battery anywhere anytime (a USB C is available ) without the need for a charger or having to leave the device on display. It's nice and discrete.

I was kinda bummed at first to hear about the release of the FW9 the same week I finally got to really try my FW8. But after using it and really enjoying these battery packs. If I was to do it all over again I would still choose the FW8. So happy to have this little beast in rotation. Its home is a small canvas pencil case along with the capsule tray, a Cricket, and some qtips. No extra tools. Makes for a perfect EDC

firewood

Manufacturer
Is there a video showing how to remove the capsules with the cap?
No video, but I can explain. The lid has two parts sticking out, a cylidrical part and a skinnier rectangular part. The cylindrical part is used to pack down the herb. The rectangular part is used to remove the capsules but is only part of the solution. To recap for those unaware, the problem is that condensate forms where the capsule meets the mouthpiece joint and when it cools, it can make the capsule stick to the joint making it hard to get out. In addition to the new lid, the mouthpiece joint now has two angled edges and there is a new gap on the front of the unit that allows the rectangular part of the lid to fit in. When you push the rectangular part of the lid into that new gap, it pushes against the angled endes of the mouthpiece joint, pushing it down and separating it from the capsule. You can then tap the capsule out into your hand.

@firewood any plans for a FW8/9 WPA?
Sorry, no plans at the moment, but it shouldn't be hard to McGuyver a solution with a small bit of silicone tubing on the end of the stock mouthpiece. Also, you can buy universal silicone adapter, which would probably work. I think Sneaky Pete sells them.

This is also what I understand from reading his site where he mentions international sales (without battery) but someone in the EU told me that he has not been able to order recently, hence my concern/question.
@firewood Marc didn't seem to want to answer here, although I don't think I'm the only one wondering (especially in light of the recent past when it wasn't possible).
I'll give it a try sometime in any case.
I ship to Australia and most of the EU. I don't ship to Germany, Austria or New Zealand.
Can anyone please talk a little about draw (restricted? or no?) in the FW8. We can assume FW9 will be the same in this department. I'm a little concerned about the way the stem narrows down near the chamber entry.
I have not used a FW vape, any designation, but I'm very curious.
I look for very open draw and very cool native hits (as-in T. Bowle) from a 'next' vape.

I don't mind loading ceramic pots, do it all the time with Bowle, but how is it with the FW8/9? Concerned about needing a tool (like tweezers) just to get it out -- if it is in fact, deep down in there, like too deep to load easily when capsule (pot) is in place, according to Mark. I often would do multiple bowls, how is it swapping, like on the go? The rest of the vape just screams "take me outdoors!"
No intentional draw restriction, but you definitely want to pack the capsules enough that you can hold them upside down and nothing falls out. That will cause a bit of restriction compared to if you didn't. There is a narrow part of the glass tube, but it doesn't cause much restriction. Drawing with an empty capsule is wide open. I think swapping on the go is relatively easy but I might be biased.
Hi Marc! Would you be willing to post the dimensions of the Firewood 9? Thank you!
4.1" x 1.84" x 1.06"
Honestly I'm a bit miffed about this too, I bought the "early adopter" package only a month or so ago after not being able to get a 7 and believing that they wouldn't be going back to loose 18650's.

Still I like the vape (the 8), I just find the slide mechanism of the battery a bit of a pain to deal with. Also annoyed that I had to find out from a Forum about the new drop and then couldn't get one because my international card requires an extra step for verification which takes a few minutes and they had sold out whilst trying to pay.

Hopefully I don't feel too sour to try again because the new 9 does look amazing, so when will a new batch go up for sale next?
Sorry, but it isn't like I have this all planned out. I have no idea what I am doing. I just make up everything as I go. I am not forcing anybody to take part in my crazy design experiments. Believe it or not, the technology existed to make a fw9 10 years ago when I made the og fw. I wish I knew then what I know now. Can you imagine the fw9 10 years ago? Nothing even remotely compared.

Oh I didn't even realize they would already be up for sale this Sunday haha I guess regular drops every Sunday going forward then?
Yes, Sundays at 8pm EST is the plan.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
@firewood if you had came out with the Firewood 9 back in 2012 people would be saying “Mighty who?”

I honestly really enjoy my 8 and the setup I have for charging on the go, but these slight quality of life improvements you’ve made to the 9 make it worth checking out, especially since I don’t need to buy any more capsules or batteries.

Also, could you tell us roughly how many 9’s you make before the drops? Are there only like 5 devices available or a little more than that?

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Oh yeah any draw restriction comes from packing it tight primarily! Thanks Marc

Sounds like tweezers only necessary if you wanted to hot swap chambers, nice update!

Hopefully I can get lucky on a Sunday, thinking I'll just get three extra chamber capsules since I have the Delta 3D loader, and find my own storage solution for them...

Top Bottom