Firewood Vaporizer

Mad_Max

Ten years ago today I sold the first Firewood vaporizer! And today I announce the Firewood 9! The first batch is now available on the Firewood website. The major change from the fw8 is I got rid of the battery packs and went with an internal, user replaceable battery with internal USB-C charging. Another change is that the lid now has built in capsule packing and capsule removal tools. If this batch sells out I'll post more on Sundays at 8pm EST. Any questions?
It looks like the best of FW7 and the best of FW8 put together - boom! FW9!:love:

EDIT: Oh, plus a USB-C charging!

Last edited:

games-loaves0t

Ten years ago today I sold the first Firewood vaporizer! And today I announce the Firewood 9! The first batch is now available on the Firewood website. The major change from the fw8 is I got rid of the battery packs and went with an internal, user replaceable battery with internal USB-C charging. Another change is that the lid now has built in capsule packing and capsule removal tools. If this batch sells out I'll post more on Sundays at 8pm EST. Any questions?
@firewood, this is exciting news! Thanks for sharing the update! I've got a question about the performance of the FW9. I've got an FW8 and am very satisfied with the vape. With the FW9, outside of the battery and the lid changes, would you expect it to perform in line with the FW8, or have there been other changes made "under the hood" that would lead to improved performance?

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Well god damn! What made you backtrack on the battery situation? Was it the problems that arose? Or the amount of people against it?

firewood

Manufacturer
With the FW9, outside of the battery and the lid changes, would you expect it to perform in line with the FW8, or have there been other changes made "under the hood" that would lead to improved performance?
It should perform identical to the fw8. The heater and electronics are the same.
What made you backtrack on the battery situation? Was it the problems that arose? Or the amount of people against it?
The amount of people against it was a big part of the decision. It isn't exactly backtracking though because the new model has internal charging which the fw7 never had. The intention is to use the the internal charger, which eliminates the need to carry loose batteries, which was a big part of the decision to do the battery packs.

StinKing

I have an 8 and I love it so much that I picked up a 9 to support the maker of one of my favorite vapes and to have another on hand if anything were to ever happen to my 8. Super stoked about the new changes, although they were never really deal breakers for me.
Any idea of when the new units will begin shipping?

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
DAMN, Marc! Way to take us by surprise. And congratulations on your big anniversary.

So about that FW9: AM I understanding that it uses a "bare" 18650 just like its siblings prior to the FW8? But now we don't have to remove the 18650 to charge It?

Is there some sort of indicator to show when the battery is fully charged?
Does the internal charger have overcharge protection?

Again, congratulations on 10 years. That's a great accomplishment in the modern world.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Ahhh glad I waited then after all! Think I will be getting my order in unless they sell out first hehe I'll follow up with you by email too! Happy 420 Anniversary brother :party::bowdown::love:

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Ahhh glad I waited then after all! Think I will be getting my order in unless they sell out first hehe I'll follow up with you by email too! Happy 420 Anniversary brother :party::bowdown::love:
Look how that worked out.

Well played friend, well played. :clap:

The department of rationalisation in my brain is now working overtime on full alert to figure out why I MUST have the FW9 so soon after getting the FW8.

DaVapeGuy

The major change from the fw8 is I got rid of the battery packs and went with an internal, user replaceable battery with internal USB-C charging.
👏 Everyone 👏 liked 👏 that 👏!!!
Another change is that the lid now has built in capsule packing and capsule removal tools.
This sounds interesting 🤔
If this batch sells out I'll post more on Sundays at 8pm EST. Any questions
Looks like you'll need to post more on Sunday sir :D

Question, are those with the FW8 SOL regarding battery replacement or will you continue offering service/repairs like you do with older models?

Congrats on 10 years and a big thank you for listening to the community's feedback regarding the FW8 battery.

Looking forward to the FW9 and hopefully many more iterations in the future :tup::rockon:

Vaporware

Congrats on the anniversary and new release @firewood ! I still love my 7 but I was on the fence about upgrading to the 8 due to a few things that I didn’t think were ideal about it. I think almost all of the issues I had with the 8’s design are more to my preferences in the 9, and the return of the built-in tools is a welcome addition!

I did still recommend the 8 to people, but I think I’ll be able to recommend the 9 to just about anyone without reservations. I hope and expect it will sell at least as well as the 7! :cheers:

I do have one question that I’m fine with either answer on but some people may care more about:

Is it okay to reload a capsule in the 9, or will flower easily get into the heater and burn?

Since you have a built-in tool to help remove them I think even people who don’t want to carry extra capsules should be okay with it, but if they can optionally load it like the 7 I think those people will be happier. :)

PossumMD

Kinda annoyed as I always have a bunch of 18650s on hand and I'd much prefer that over the battery pack, but the new oven door could help solve my major gripe which is unloading and loading the capsules. Will grab one when I get paid next and report back.

came back on to say that I got another battery pack!

have zero interest in dealing with loose batteries and have an ez time with the capsules, so seeing this Firewood 9 news only makes me more happy with my 8 and glad that Marc was so quick to pivot so that you all that are used to sharing batteries between vapes can get a run at this oven and 8 platform!

firewood

Manufacturer
Any idea of when the new units will begin shipping?
Monday morning.

AM I understanding that it uses a "bare" 18650 just like its siblings prior to the FW8? But now we don't have to remove the 18650 to charge It?
Correct.

Is there some sort of indicator to show when the battery is fully charged?
Does the internal charger have overcharge protection?
There is a green light that goes on while charging and turns off when compete. Then you can also use the normal battery indicator using button/buzzes. Yes the charger has overcharge protection.

Question, are those with the FW8 SOL regarding battery replacement or will you continue offering service/repairs like you do with older models?
I will continue to sell and service fw8 batteries for a long time.

Is it okay to reload a capsule in the 9, or will flower easily get into the heater and burn?
I don't think that would work very well because the capsule is pretty deep inside the threaded hole where the plug fits.

how longs the 8 been out ? That was a waist of money or a flop or both lol ,
liked it but back end at the oven door had to be glued in mine ,maybe a reason
anyway leaves the 8 feeling like an old thing already,didnt expect that ,or afford it so soon ,
Nice though ,

Vapor-catzG,

Arawfish

Green Thumb
If they don’t continue to sell the 8, I bet there could be a small market for people who prefer that battery style. I abhor the 8’s battery and am thrilled that the 9 is user replaceable. But I could see the 8 becoming more valuable for that niche market
If he continues to sell the 8 along side the 9, I’m gonna be pissed that he didn’t continue to sell the 7.

There’s a reason 6 was afraid of 7…

Duba

Accessory Maker
@firewood , do you ship to EU?
I'm willing to stay up late to try my luck but I'd like to make sure I don't get stuck at the last click! :doh::shrug::bang:
Congrats for your 10years on top!

Top Bottom