Firewood Vaporizer

Mad_Max

That's brilliant. IF ONLY you could get one now! :cry:

Your ceramic looks grey - must be a filter.

Mad_Max,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

Your ceramic looks grey - must be a filter.
I'd say get in the queue for his customs now. Eventually your chance will come up. Unless he closed customs, I guess.

There is no filter on that photo, but the peach background might be affecting the way it photograhed. It's in a lightbox.

Grass Yes,
Reactions: Mad_Max

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Well he posted three FW8 stems for sale yesterday I'm not sure if they are already sold out, but more will come... He also has some all clear beaded dynavap stems listed still, which should fit the FW7... Customs list is always open though it takes quite a bit of patience as there is a decent backlog so better to grab from the drops if you like stuff

I'm a lurker who made an account just to say thank you all for sharing your experiences, insights, and gear on this thread. It convinced me to order a firewood 8 (and to put on notifications for GVB's IG posts so I can hopefully grab a stem). Really looking forward to trying out my firewood when it gets here

Dolpaca

What's up guys, I am 40 bowls into the Firewood 8 now.

Recently picked up this Good Vibes Boro stem
Tapered mouthpiece with cooling bricks

Really enjoying it! I feel like stem has given me the best flavor out of all my stems. Not sure if the cooling is better or worse than the marble one. I'll need to conduct more tests to determine which one is better.

Also my Firewood 8 has developed an audible squeak when I fire it up. It's not too loud. Anyone else have a squeak from their vape when they heat it up?

I'm a lurker who made an account just to say thank you all for sharing your experiences, insights, and gear on this thread. It convinced me to order a firewood 8 (and to put on notifications for GVB's IG posts so I can hopefully grab a stem). Really looking forward to trying out my firewood when it gets here
Welcome! Glad to have you here. GVB stems are great! You won't regret it.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
What's up guys, I am 40 bowls into the Firewood 8 now.

Recently picked up this Good Vibes Boro stem
Tapered mouthpiece with cooling bricks

Really enjoying it! I feel like stem has given me the best flavor out of all my stems. Not sure if the cooling is better or worse than the marble one. I'll need to conduct more tests to determine which one is better.

Also my Firewood 8 has developed an audible squeak when I fire it up. It's not too loud. Anyone else have a squeak from their vape when they heat it up?

Welcome! Glad to have you here. GVB stems are great! You won't regret it.
Yeah mine makes noise like there’s a ghost in the coils haha. Like a tiny tiny mouse trapped in there and will squeak when heated and cooling haha.

Dolpaca

Yeah mine makes noise like there’s a ghost in the coils haha. Like a tiny tiny mouse trapped in there and will squeak when heated and cooling haha.
Glad to know the are others with squeaky mice in their firewoods :lol:
FW8 is here and battery is charging! Can't wait to try it out
First charge cycle takes a while, but it's smooth sailing after that!

floribud

Not sure if I'm allowed to post this here but I listed by FW8 early adopter kit on eBay. I read ebay's policy and listed it under "collectible tobacciana" since I'm sure you could stuff some tobacco in it and smoke it, if you cranked it up high. I miss EntExchange and EntExchange discord doesn't have nearly the user base of the old EntExchange. I'm selling it, because between it an my FW7, I prefer the FW7, the whole crucible system of the FW8 is just too finicky for me.

do we know if Marc is still making the battery units or did I mess up by waiting too long?
I love this vape a lot, just trying to find the perfect stem to really make it mine

DennisFlonasal,
Reactions: Mad_Max

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
do we know if Marc is still making the battery units or did I mess up by waiting too long?
I love this vape a lot, just trying to find the perfect stem to really make it mine
They are showing as sold out on the web site but I can't conceive of him halting production on them so soon after the release of the unit.

Shoot him an email and see if he can tell you when he'll have more in stock.

floribud

Marc is still making them. I had one of my originals go bad(the power management unit, not the battery cell) and just got a replacement.

I am about 10 capsules in to my FW8. I'm still really enjoying the experience. I've been exploring the temperatures and found the process straightforward and the results rewarding. I really want to get a GVB or HA stem.

You definitely benefit from having a tool for your capsules. I ordered a TRWW scoop and tamp from a recommendation in this thread and am looking forward to using it. The capsules are small and packing them takes some time and attention. I think the triple capsule set Marc sells is essential. Filling four capsules in advance removes a lot of work later. I haven't had trouble getting the capsules in or out of the FW8.

I love this vape!

floribud

You definitely benefit from having a tool for your capsules... The capsules are small and packing them takes some time and attention. I think the triple capsule set Marc sells is essential. Filling four capsules in advance removes a lot of work later.
Just use the capsules as a scoop. Scoop the herb right out of your grinder. Super easy to pack that way, no tool necessary.

When you're done and the herb is still hot, blow into the mouth tube, to easily eject your weed. Make sure it's pointing up or you my loose the herb chamber. That's probably best done outside

floribud,
Reactions: Easywider

PossumMD

When you're done and the herb is still hot, blow into the mouth tube, to easily eject your weed. Make sure it's pointing up or you my loose the herb chamber. That's probably best done outside
My capsule pops out without ejecting the herb when I do that.

PossumMD,
Reactions: Arawfish
Just use the capsules as a scoop. Scoop the herb right out of your grinder. Super easy to pack that way, no tool necessary.

I didn't like scooping with the capsule, thought that was the fussy part. Might just be big hands. I also like to tamp it!

vermillion slowboy,

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
I am about 10 capsules in to my FW8. I'm still really enjoying the experience. I've been exploring the temperatures and found the process straightforward and the results rewarding. I really want to get a GVB or HA stem.

You definitely benefit from having a tool for your capsules. I ordered a TRWW scoop and tamp from a recommendation in this thread and am looking forward to using it. The capsules are small and packing them takes some time and attention. I think the triple capsule set Marc sells is essential. Filling four capsules in advance removes a lot of work later. I haven't had trouble getting the capsules in or out of the FW8.

I love this vape!
Hey kids, it's me, Mr. Broken Record.

Please allow me to once again recommend Ratchett's FW8 capsule loading tray: https://delta3dstudios.com/firewood-v8-capsule-loading-tray/.

If you like filling 4 caps in advance and you want to really tamp on 'em, this tray allows you to easily fill the capsules all at once with no tipping and comes with a tool for tamping them all simultaneously.

Ratchett designed this using FW8 a capsule that I sent him, so you can rest assured your capsules will fit perfectly. And his customer service is first-rate.

And no, I don't get any sort of commission or consideration for these plugs. I just think this tool is worthy of consideration by anyone with a FW8. I wouldn't enjoy the FW8 as much as I do without it.

PossumMD

I'll be honest, I only pack one capsule every 2 weeks or so. I love it when I use it and don't wanna sell it cos of how much I do enjoy it, but it's such a pain to use...

PossumMD,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
Since this thread is popping off it reminded me to add that I received my FW7 today after being fixed for a fee of $65 including shipping. The button had become soft, and did not respond to pressing in. Marc diagnosed a new body. It took about two and a half weeks all said and done (he was also on vacay and I was in no personal rush).

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I'll be honest, I only pack one capsule every 2 weeks or so. I love it when I use it and don't wanna sell it cos of how much I do enjoy it, but it's such a pain to use...
It’s too bad this one has so many quirks that a lot of people find to be too much of a hassle, because the performance aspect really is phenomenal. The use feels a lot more intuitive on the 8 compared to the 7.

Last edited:

PossumMD

Oh no doubt it performs better. Heats up quicker. Tastes better. But it's just so much more inconvenient than my 7...

PossumMD,

Izanag1

Since this thread is popping off it reminded me to add that I received my FW7 today after being fixed for a fee of $65 including shipping. The button had become soft, and did not respond to pressing in. Marc diagnosed a new body. It took about two and a half weeks all said and done (he was also on vacay and I was in no personal rush).
Same thing happened to mine, the button stopped working and I just shipped it back to marc to get it fixed. I really hope it doesn't happen again because it lasted just a little over a year.

firewood

Manufacturer
Ten years ago today I sold the first Firewood vaporizer! And today I announce the Firewood 9! The first batch is now available on the Firewood website. The major change from the fw8 is I got rid of the battery packs and went with an internal, user replaceable battery with internal USB-C charging. Another change is that the lid now has built in capsule packing and capsule removal tools. If this batch sells out I'll post more on Sundays at 8pm EST. Any questions?

Top Bottom