• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Firewood Vaporizer

Stonedbadger

So I was using my wood conditioner on my FW8 and a teeny bit got by the air intake holes. I used a tool and cleaned it asap. I didn’t think anything of it as it was a mere trace.

Well, I’m an idiot and I had forgotten to remove the inner ceramic air path elbow. Apparently the teeny bit of conditioner was enough to soak into the elbow and leave what looks like a damp spot.

Is this like…bad to use? Will an ISO soak clean it up ok? Should I get a replacement and not use it in the interim? Am I blowing this out of proportion and it’s fine? I have no idea.

I feel like one of those lost 15 year olds on Reddit asking if their weed has mold on it.

Am I gonna die if I use my vape? Heheh. Ok maybe not that dramatic, but I don’t want to make myself sick. I got enough issues already!

Can someone offer suggestions to put my overactive brain at ease? In the interim, I’ve swapped to my backup TM. I’m awaiting… something. /shrug

(Maybe for my vape to fix itself, but I’m pretty sure that won’t happen)
It will be completely fine. You are not going to die.

You can do a quick iso wash, then rinse in water let it dry and you are good to go.

What wood conditioner were you using? Most are harmless waxes

Stonedbadger,
Reactions: moondog

Falconflys

It seems the thread has slowed down a lot lately. Not too many fw8 out there?
Yes it has slowed! Dang... no new posts for a week and1/2!
I know I'm getting ready for a north Michigan winter with my Firewood 8 ready at all times! It's been used daily since receiving and absolutely love it. Also the best for me is no more wood taste like with the 7 and at home it's allways with me or close by for a quick rip or 2!
Stay warm!! Winters comming!! PEACE!

checkyourlibido

It seems the thread has slowed down a lot lately. Not too many fw8 out there?
I'm waiting for the FW9. The chonky blocks on the FW8 have grown on me, but I still like the sleekness of the FW7 more. I've been wanting to post a trade request up for either the FW7 or FW8, but I just don't want to give anything up, I just like talking about giving stuff up :lol:

Stonedbadger

I'm still on the wait list for the 8 but was on a bit late, but very keen on it! I love my 7 which was my first firewood.

I wonder if @MMJane is still alive? I hope so, how are you going with the firewood 8?

NachoDorito

Sent off my check a few days back and awaiting arrival of the FW8. Can’t wait to add it to my daily rotation of the FW7 and TM2. Did you guys hear from Marc for a shipping confirmation?

LA_Razr

Sent off my check a few days back and awaiting arrival of the FW8. Can’t wait to add it to my daily rotation of the FW7 and TM2. Did you guys hear from Marc for a shipping confirmation?
Did you get the early adopters package or just the unit & also what group are you? Feels like he’s been getting through the list pretty quick.

DryBonesufo

I was in group G with no email… then I see in the site that it was in stock? Did I miss my presale?

DryBonesufo,

PossumMD

I was in group G with no email… then I see in the site that it was in stock? Did I miss my presale?
I'm group g too and am waiting for the go ahead too. As for it being in stock, I just checked and the main page says it's out of stock on the main store page. I believe there's another page that is just for those in the current group to purchase from, maybe you found that...?

PossumMD,

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Question for current FW8 users...

Is anyone else having an issue with the spring-loaded contacts making the locking slide feel 'loose' on their battery packs?

I have multiple battery packs and I haven't had anything like that. Do you have more than one battery pack? Does it happen on all of them? Looks like an email to Marc is in order.

NachoDorito

FW8 is out for delivery two days earlier than projected. What a great feeling!

For those that have been using the FW8, what is your preferred method after a sesh to dump your AVB? Letting it cool down first and pulling the capsule out with your fingers? Or flipping the unit upside down and dumping? I’m worried the latter will cause a bit of a mess. But I’m excited to delve in and start testing!

dieezus

For those that have been using the FW8, what is your preferred method after a sesh to dump your AVB? Letting it cool down first and pulling the capsule out with your fingers? Or flipping the unit upside down and dumping? I’m worried the latter will cause a bit of a mess. But I’m excited to delve in and start testing!
The latter, if you pack the flower it will stay in the ceramic cap.

Not Invented Here

I have been dumping the capsules out of the vape while they're still warm. It does make a mess. I can't get a hold on the caps in the oven with my fingers so not really an option for me. Tweezers work good to pull them out hot or cold and makes less mess.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'

Congrats on your impending FW8.

If you tamp down to pack the capsule tightly as Marc suggests, you will be able to dump out the capsule and have all the material (other than the occasional few stray morsels) stay in the capsule.

I use a tweezers to take out the capsule and it couldn't be easier. (Okay, it could be easier; like if someone else did it for me, but you know what I mean;).)

NachoDorito

Thanks for the tips everyone! I have found a good pair of tweezers to use for unloading the capsule and it has made for a much better experience. I do think I will continue to use the FW7 for portable use cases and leave the FW8 for at home. But, I’ve been enjoying this device, Marc’s craftsmanship is something else and I’m grateful I get to experience it!

losojos

What waitlist group is up next for the Firewood 8? I'm in Group F, waiting on the email to purchase one, but I see some posts mentioning Group G, so wanted to make sure something didn't slip to my spam folder.

losojos,

Zagala

Just ordered my FW8 taking advantage of the good news that credit card payment is now available. I stopped reading the thread at some point but will have to go back to the early pages discussing FW8 while I wait for mine to be delivered! Glad I jump in to get a companion to my FW7. Will review after I receive it and use it.

Top Bottom