• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Firewood Vaporizer

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
is the OD of the glass tube the same size for the 7 and 8? I thought I saw someone mention it was larger on the 8.

I was told by Marc that the 7 uses a 5mm adapter and the 8 uses a 6mm. So idk if you can use the 7 adapter on the 8?

Sorry, forgot to mention that the 8 also comes with an extra pair of those small white pads that attach to the unit near the opening for the stem. They keep the stem from rattling around in there. My guess is you could attach those extra pads to the ones already in there and that would compensate for a smaller diameter tube such as one from a 7.

MMJane

The 8 can use a 7 stem. The stock stem for the 8 is different than the 7's in that it is all one piece. The 7 uses a small glass tube with silicone sleeve to attach the stem to the unit. Bu the 8 comes with that glass tubing+silicone sleeve adapter so that you can use your own stem if you want.

Thank you for this info. I don’t even know if I’ll be unhappy with the 8’s stem and need to replace it! I just want to know if it’s a possibility and what my options are in case I don’t like it.

I never got a 7 so I have nothing to compare it to.

MMJane,

Hopkins3030

I dont really want to make them different lengths so what do you fine folks think is the better length. A or B?

Maybe I'd feel differently if it wasn't so compact already, but the FW7 is so palmable I'd prefer A, esp since it's not glass...

Hopkins3030,
For people that are dealing with the airflow in their firewood 7 being blocked like this, I figured out how to fix it. Just like Moondog said, press the fire button 5 times and hold it down for a bit to heat up the device. Then, with the chamber/battery cover on, blow into the mouthpiece. You should see vapor/smoke (not sure which it is) coming out of the 4 holes on the bottom exterior of the device. This is the gunk in the device melting. After this my FW7's airflow was just like new again!
Just tried this and it seems that the performance is definetly better. How long did you hold the button down for?

vapour

Anyone here try hotswapping with a hot capsule?
I just did.... it's not too bad but the capsules do retain heat longer then the storz & bickel ones. I had to empty the hot capsule into a jar of avb and timed it until the capsule was cool enough to not burn my fingers. Took about 1.5 min! So not like a mighty/crafty hotswap where you can play hot potato with the aluminum capsule for a few seconds until it's easy to handle.

Sidenote - I did take the fw8 mountainbiking yesterday and it fit the scenario pretty well. Definitely feel like it's a good one/two hitter type vape for on the go usage.

dieezus

I just did.... it's not too bad but the capsules do retain heat longer then the storz & bickel ones. I had to empty the hot capsule into a jar of avb and timed it until the capsule was cool enough to not burn my fingers. Took about 1.5 min! So not like a mighty/crafty hotswap where you can play hot potato with the aluminum capsule for a few seconds until it's easy to handle.

Sidenote - I did take the fw8 mountainbiking yesterday and it fit the scenario pretty well. Definitely feel like it's a good one/two hitter type vape for on the go usage.
Did your capsule come out nicely? I'm asking because when my FW is hot, the capsule is almost impossible to shake/hit out.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Thank you everyone for your feedback on the MP. It seems there is a demand for both so I think I will try and offer the A and B option on each piece and see how it goes. I took the feedback about the potential for the tube to damage the ceramic piece, one of my own fears, and have addressed it by using 2 x rings as a limiter. The end of the Condenser is also flared which makes it hard to accidently pull out of the ceramic bit. And lastly I have rounded and smoothed the top of the Ti Cooling Unit to make it as dull as possible

20220811-112439.jpg

20220811-112517.jpg

20220811-112538.jpg

havewill1

Thank you everyone for your feedback on the MP. It seems there is a demand for both so I think I will try and offer the A and B option on each piece and see how it goes. I took the feedback about the potential for the tube to damage the ceramic piece, one of my own fears, and have addressed it by using 2 x rings as a limiter. The end of the Condenser is also flared which makes it hard to accidently pull out of the ceramic bit. And lastly I have rounded and smoothed the top of the Ti Cooling Unit to make it as dull as possible

20220811-112439.jpg

20220811-112517.jpg

20220811-112538.jpg
And this is why I spend so much money with you

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Does not bode well for a manufacturer-only battery replacement system.
Having received my FW8 before the "recall", I got my replacement battery yesterday.

Yes, there are shortcomings to a "manufacturer-only battery replacement system" (I avoided them like the plague after dealing with Grasshopper), but let's keep in mind that Marc is dealing with this issue while also rolling out a highly-anticipated new device. Hopefully, once things settle down - if they ever do given how the FW has taken off - getting battery packs and other parts will be easier/quicker.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to resuming "testing" the FW8.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Having received my FW8 before the "recall", I got my replacement battery yesterday.

Yes, there are shortcomings to a "manufacturer-only battery replacement system" (I avoided them like the plague after dealing with Grasshopper), but let's keep in mind that Marc is dealing with this issue while also rolling out a highly-anticipated new device. Hopefully, once things settle down - if they ever do given how the FW has taken off - getting battery packs and other parts will be easier/quicker.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to resuming "testing" the FW8.
Could have been so very easily avoided though. After reading through the bits so far, I’m definitely taking myself out of group B. Not interested in this at all. My wallet is thankful!

But really though, this seems like such an enormous step-back from what the 7 is. I dare say I’m even disappointed.

Top Bottom