Firewood Vaporizer

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
What you blew out could also have been from the bowl. Did the draw resistance change after you did it?
The draw resistance didn't really change, but the rips I got from the bowl after I did that were massive. Much bigger than they were. Much bigger. I also notice the bowl is much easier to finish. No difficult pulls getting the last hits. Now, once it's done it's just done. If that makes sense? I'm stoned.

Last edited:

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
hey @LogicThug thanks for the post and the idea

Would appreciated some feedback from the FW7 crowd. I have made a Ti and acrylic mp that works with a Ti Cooling Unit. The one I made for myself is longer than the body so it sticks out a little. This makes it so when its out most of the mp section is out. However I think people might like it flush. In this configuration the mp is obviously shorter. The picture below depcts this. The photos do not include the cooling units which would push the MP out slightly. I dont really want to make them different lengths so what do you fine folks think is the better length. A or B?

FWmp.jpg

danjens

I dont really want to make them different lengths so what do you fine folks think is the better length. A or B?
I personally feel better about my fw7 stems fully retracting. I have a gvb stem that provides great cooling but the fact that it protrudes a bit always makes me apprehensive to pocket it on the go.
I know your tips are acrylic so that mitigates most of the potential breakage.
I do however worry, when In pocket the stem could be jammed back into the ceramic elbow bowl portion potentially cracking or damaging it. This may be overly cautious but thats just my thought.
Either way, psyched you’re making them and I’ll likely buy whichever size you make.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Would appreciated some feedback from the FW7 crowd. I have made a Ti and acrylic mp that works with a Ti Cooling Unit. The one I made for myself is longer than the body so it sticks out a little. This makes it so when its out most of the mp section is out. However I think people might like it flush. In this configuration the mp is obviously shorter. The picture below depcts this. The photos do not include the cooling units which would push the MP out slightly. I dont really want to make them different lengths so what do you fine folks think is the better length. A or B?

FWmp.jpg

Yeah I feel the opposite, I don't care about it fully retracting, I want more room for the mouth to not be too close to the wood, but my FW7 is pretty much always at home in WPA configuration anyway so irrelevant?

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!

FWmp.jpg
I'm a fully retracted kinda guy myself

sternica

Can I ask why if you don’t mind? I’m on the waiting list (group D I think?) and never was able to grab the FW7 or any of them for that matter.

A tad off topic but I’m also waiting for some in-depth reviews on the FW8 in general, not as an extension to the FW7 or comparison to be honest. I would love a review just on the unit itself in a vacuum. I say this because if I’m not sold on the reviews I will go with a TM2.
I’d get TM2 every day of the week over FW7. FW7 was very hot & miss for me. No consistency from one bowl to the next. TM is so amazing. Lack of parts and Marc taking checks only has me staying away from any FW’s.

sternica,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

FWmp.jpg
I'd prefer option B, but I agree it matters a little less with an acrylic MP rather than glass.

checkyourlibido

Yup... got the message today and my 8 is coming tomorrow. Open it, pack up batteries and send them back. A little bummed out, but Marc is making it good with another one. The tetras will do for a few more days!
I wonder what would happen if you refuse the package. I've done that with Amazon and it was returned to sender. Not sure about what would happen here.

@RogueGuy I like B more.

checkyourlibido,

dieezus

So after using the fw8 for a little bit trying out the functionality...... The capsule system needs some work. The capsule fits tighter into the firewood than the flower does.

If I tip the fw upside down the flower falls out in a nice clump leaving the capsule clean.....but stuck in the heater.

I wonder if we have to stretch the heating coils a little bit more for it to be a better user experience.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
So after using the fw8 for a little bit trying out the functionality...... The capsule system needs some work. The capsule fits tighter into the firewood than the flower does.

If I tip the fw upside down the flower falls out in a nice clump leaving the capsule clean.....but stuck in the heater.

I wonder if we have to stretch the heating coils a little bit more for it to be a better user experience.
Interesting. That is not my experience at all. I had just the opposite - the flower stays nicely packed in the capsule, which falls out of the chamber easily. But so far I have only used the one capsule. Are you having that happen with more than one capsule?

dieezus

Interesting. That is not my experience at all. I had just the opposite - the flower stays nicely packed in the capsule, which falls out of the chamber easily. But so far I have only used the one capsule. Are you having that happen with more than one capsule?
Yup, So far every capsule within the capsule holder+the one that came with is a pain in the ass to get out. So that's 4 capsules for me, that's why I'm wondering if my heater coils are too tight.

moondog

Yup, So far every capsule within the capsule holder+the one that came with is a pain in the ass to get out. So that's 4 capsules for me, that's why I'm wondering if my heater coils are too tight.
Seems like that's the more likely issue as opposed to all the capsules being the wrong size. I would definitely email Marc. Even though he's slammed with getting 8s out the door and the battery issue, he is really good about responding to after-sale care issues.

vapour

Yeah that's been my experience with the capsules as well so far. They require a good smack to dislodge - not ideal. Also still playing around with actually using the capsules, but so far they are a bit finicky. Getting them out of the capsule holder, they get stuck on the little lip for the sliding tray 8/10 times and require a little jostling. Not a huge pita just a bit annoying. Same for actually dropping them in the FW8 heater, if you don't line it up 100% it's a little cumbersome jostling/poking around to get it to sit right. This is coming from months of using just my tetra P80 so tbh I am used to a little less effort in the entire process - having said that, still fun to play around with so far!

moondog

FWmp.jpg
My vote would be for option A

moondog,

dieezus

I just can't help to think what a finish like the Bowle's pods would do for the practicality of the FW pods. I'd think the smooth ceramic would slide out of the coil easier.

MMJane

I have a couple questions. I am a bit out of the loop, having not owned a firewood since the 3 & 4 and being away from medical marijuana for the years in between the 5 and the tail end of the 7’s run.

Does the 8 use the same stem as the 7? Could I buy one of the many available stems for the 7 and use it in place of the stock 8 stem or are they not interchangeable?

Can someone write out or post to the instructions from the 7 with the click instructions? *edit* I found them
man7.pdf

thank you.

Last edited:

moondog

I have a couple questions. I am a bit out of the loop, having not owned a firewood since the 3 & 4 and being away from medical marijuana for the years in between the 5 and the tail end of the 7’s run.

Does the 8 use the same stem as the 7? Could I buy one of the many available stems for the 7 and use it in place of the stock 8 stem or are they not interchangeable?

Can someone write out or post to the instructions from the 7 with the click instructions? *edit* I found them
man7.pdf

thank you.
The 8 can use a 7 stem. The stock stem for the 8 is different than the 7's in that it is all one piece. The 7 uses a small glass tube with silicone sleeve to attach the stem to the unit. Bu the 8 comes with that glass tubing+silicone sleeve adapter so that you can use your own stem if you want.

oldbay

is the OD of the glass tube the same size for the 7 and 8? I thought I saw someone mention it was larger on the 8.

oldbay,

Falconflys

The 8 can use a 7 stem. The stock stem for the 8 is different than the 7's in that it is all one piece. The 7 uses a small glass tube with silicone sleeve to attach the stem to the unit. Bu the 8 comes with that glass tubing+silicone sleeve adapter so that you can use your own stem if you want.
I was told by Marc that the 7 uses a 5mm adapter and the 8 uses a 6mm. So idk if you can use the 7 adapter on the 8?

Falconflys,
Reactions: oldbay
Top Bottom