Firewood Vaporizer

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Now that you have used both, any thoughts?
Well, um, here's the thing... Between trying to get pics posted here (what a rabbit hole that turned out to be), wanting to clean all parts before using (and waiting for them to dry), the lack of a manual holding me up until Marc confirmed that the control scheme is the same as the FW7, and the rest of my life not presenting the right moment to fire it up, I haven't tried the FW8 yet. But tonight is the night, THIS I SWEAR! I've even got some White Widow I purchased specifically for this occasion.

I can offer you this small tidbit: I did set my temp levels last night and the new button is a little bit bigger and not quite as recessed, so for me at least, it's easier to use. More on that after an actual session.

Steel28

Well, um, here's the thing... Between trying to get pics posted here (what a rabbit hole that turned out to be), wanting to clean all parts before using (and waiting for them to dry), the lack of a manual holding me up until Marc confirmed that the control scheme is the same as the FW7, and the rest of my life not presenting the right moment to fire it up, I haven't tried the FW8 yet. But tonight is the night, THIS I SWEAR! I've even got some White Widow I purchased specifically for this occasion.

I can offer you this small tidbit: I did set my temp levels last night and the new button is a little bit bigger and not quite as recessed, so for me at least, it's easier to use. More on that after an actual session.
Can’t wait to hear! Waiting for my check to be deposited by Marc lol

Steel28,
Reactions: moondog

Falconflys

OoooooWeeeee! Got me a tracking # this morning! It's coming! Now I know it's on the way, that stressful anxiety is floating away!
So to the ents that received there's, I'm looking forward to some reviews and tips this weekend before mine arrives.

havewill1

OoooooWeeeee! Got me a tracking # this morning! It's coming! Now I know it's on the way, that stressful anxiety is floating away!
So to the ents that received there's, I'm looking forward to some reviews and tips this weekend before mine arrives.
Falcon, did you just take my Mr Poopybutthole reference

havewill1,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I do remember seeing something about Mr. Poopybutthole but can't recall the reference?
OoooooWeeeee!

:lol: ;)

So I don't understand how the overcharge protection is even remotely useful, maybe it's just me using a good charger already, but I didn't think it was possible for any 18650 to be charged more than 4.2v I guess if you have a shitty charger that keeps charging it could explode? I just wouldn't think you need that protection in the battery pack, that's never something I've ever seen happen or heard of happening lol

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!

So I don't understand how the overcharge protection is even remotely useful, maybe it's just me using a good charger already, but I didn't think it was possible for any 18650 to be charged more than 4.2v I guess if you have a shitty charger that keeps charging it could explode? I just wouldn't think you need that protection in the battery pack, that's never something I've ever seen happen or heard of happening lol

Well we can’t use whatever chargers we own right? I think he just meant something to the effect of “is their charge management built into the battery pack?” E.g. if you’re charger is charging at 2000mA will it trickle charge above 4.1V (I don’t know the exact parameters, but mine does something like that) and stop at maximum voltage?

I assume the answer is “of course.” I thought that 18650 battery safety was part of the motivation for the battery pack.

moondog

That's how I understand it. A charger that does not stop at 4.2V could cause a catastrophe. Not anything to worry about if you're using something like a Nitecore.

Well we can’t use whatever chargers we own right? I think he just meant something to the effect of “is their charge management built into the battery pack?” E.g. if you’re charger is charging at 2000mA will it trickle charge above 4.1V (I don’t know the exact parameters, but mine does something like that) and stop at maximum voltage?

I assume the answer is “of course.” I thought that 18650 battery safety was part of the motivation for the battery pack.

Yes, I've become more paranoid about battery safety lately and was just asking Marc for confirmation that the battery pack provided the same safeguards as a good charger. It will prevent overcharging but I'm not sure about the trickle charging. One would hope but I don't know what the battery pack technology supports.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Yes, I've become more paranoid about battery safety lately and was just asking Marc for confirmation that the battery pack provided the same safeguards as a good charger. It will prevent overcharging but I'm not sure about the trickle charging. One would hope but I don't know what the battery pack technology supports.
Yeah it might not even be trickle charging--I see that term used a lot for "if I leave my charged batteries on my charger and over time they dip below their 'full' voltage (as I guess happens), it will slowly bring them back up to full" in battery discussions so maybe I'm abusing the terminology a bit. I think they are related pieces of functionality, but I'm into the software side of things and the hardware discussions get a bit over my paygrade :lol:. It would be cool to know what is built into the packs if its something Marc is comfortable sharing, but that is just me being curious. I would think that given his stated goals and 18650s and heat they are both a given.

havewill1

i don’t know if I did a no no, but I left the battery charging over night, the green light was off, and there was pretty much no heat coming from the battery or the wood, I assume maybe it stops charging once it’s done?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
i don’t know if I did a no no, but I left the battery charging over night, the green light was off, and there was pretty much no heat coming from the battery or the wood, I assume maybe it stops charging once it’s done?

Yeah especially for the first charge up, it's good to charge extra long, like 4 to 6 hours, so overnight is fine. That's good to hear it sounds like it stops charging completely when full too! Yeah the nice extra feature would be, if it charges slower near the end, for regular use going forward, so that way you could avoid fully charging it for longevity, not that it makes much of a difference?

Shit Snacks,

sternica

Has anyone used 1 already or not? I’m in group B and need some usage reviews please. Getting a cheque to Marc is terribly difficult for me so I need to know if I should avoid the effort. For background, had a FW7 and wasn’t a massive fan. Some strains were amazing in it and some barely worked.

sternica,

moondog

Has anyone used 1 already or not? I’m in group B and need some usage reviews please. Getting a cheque to Marc is terribly difficult for me so I need to know if I should avoid the effort. For background, had a FW7 and wasn’t a massive fan. Some strains were amazing in it and some barely worked.
I used it for the first time last night. Hopefully, I'll be able to post a more in-depth review of my experience later today, but if you need an immediate answer to your particular question, I would say this: If you are not a massive fan of the FW7, then you might want to leave the FW8 for someone else. The "DNA" shared by the two models is inescapable. I can say without hesitation that the FW7 is the best portable I have ever owned. So for me, the FW8 is a "must-have". I will need to do more testing - HOORAY! I get to do more vape testing !! - before I can be any more specific or definitive than that.

Hope this helps.

Vap O matic

My new favorite FW7 mouthpiece

I was hesitant to do it because it doesn't quite fit, but it works brilliantly. It has significant vapor coolness even to my mvs.
I do and love exact the same thing. I have it like 3 month and the Vapor is much cooler 👍🏼:clap::clap::tup: It is in my opinion a new experience with the FW7.

Vap O matic,

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
I do and love exact the same thing. I have it like 3 month and the Vapor is much cooler 👍🏼:clap::clap::tup: It is in my opinion a new experience with the FW7.
I've been using it with my Simrell MVS and there has been a flavor improvement. With the Revolve it is shockingly cool vapor.

acstorfer,
Top Bottom