Firewood Vaporizer

florduh

Thanks!
I set about trying to clean it up….after 10 iso qtips I was still bringing out black from the oven…it must have been used as a pure smoking device. I also cleared up some of the intake holes in the bowl, not all of them, but the taste is still so horrible and it’s maybe 1/3 the openness that it should be. I’m going to leave it outside in the sun a bit and get an insulin needle to try and clean it out more of the intake but I am not very hopeful for now

Hey, think about using some of this stuff on the wood.

f82727b8-d60c-4093-8827-86361625ada5_1.edbfc4b655bee7d36bbfc1c4547cba5f.jpeg

It makes the wood look good, and provides some protection. But it also has a mild natural orange scent. I used it when I bought a very fishy smelling used TM a while back. It might help eat any residual smoke smells from your FW.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Alright, I've got some pics of the 7 & 8 side-by-side but I cannot figure out how to get them posted. I've done the search, I've read the how-to's, I've gotten sucked down tangential rabbit holes (geolocation tags on pics? yeesh), I've changed my settings to remove geo tags, but still no joy.

Can I post photos here from Drop Box?
Thanks for the reply, but when I insert the link in the field I get a message saying "Image cannot be loaded from the passed link".
Huh, maybe it's not me. I'm trying to get dust off my Photobucket account. I'll give that a try.

Your mistake is trying to use the image button here, just paste the link directly into your post like text.

I'm not sure if Dropbox or Photobucket will work for the rest of us to view without having an account, but you do not need an account for imgur or imgbb...

It's easy to go to imgur.com desktop view to upload photos, then you just paste the URL link here and the photo will display in an album automatically... Otherwise I like to use imgbb.com for singular photos, on my mobile browser, I upload and then paste just the bbcode here (part in IMG brackets) without the URL, to display the photo here...

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Your mistake is trying to use the image button here, just paste the link directly into your post like text.

I'm not sure if Dropbox or Photobucket will work for the rest of us to view without having an account, but you do not need an account for imgur or imgbb...

It's easy to go to imgur.com desktop view to upload photos, then you just paste the URL link here and the photo will display in an album automatically... Otherwise I like to use imgbb.com for singular photos, on my mobile browser, I upload and then paste just the bbcode here (part in IMG brackets) without the URL, to display the photo here...

Thanks SS, I'll give that a try.

Well, I may be a pic-posting failure so far, but I'll try to make it up to you all by sharing my experience of cleaning the FW8 in preparation for its first session. So far, I'm pleased with what I've found. Overall, I think cleaning will indeed be easier than with the 7.

The new mouthpiece/cooling tube fits nicely into a doob tube. I used a dropper to then fill the tube with iso. And yes, the cap fits on nicely, allowing you to shake, shake, shake your way to a clean piece.

Likewise, the capsules can go into any small container for their iso bath. I'll most likely drop them into the same doob tube once the mouthpiece is done. No more having to remove and replace the screen - always my least fun part of the cleaning process.

The only part that gave me pause was the ceramic airpath elbow (don't know what it's actually called). My problem was that I couldn't figure out how to remove it. Then I noticed a small sliding piece on the bottom of the 8. When you slide that off there is a spring-type-thingy holding it in place (yes, that's a highly technical term I just made up there). You can lift that off and then the elbow drops right out into your hand. This elbow is somewhat bigger than the one in the 7, but it cleans up just as easily.

When you really study the 8 up close it starts to feel/look like one of those wooden puzzle blocks. There's some really great design and woodworking.

If this puppy's vape performance is as good as its looks, we're gonna have another serious winner on our hands and Marc will be even more "chained" to his workbench to keep up with demand than he was with the 7.

vapour

Sorry for the back-to-back posts.

This is just a quick test of pic posting. I'll delete it as soon as I see if it works.

So, can we see this pic? Does clicking the link take you to the photo?

Yeah clicking the link takes you to the album no problem!

vapour,
Reactions: moondog

Shit Snacks

Are you able to see all the pics in the album from the one link?

Yep, it has arrows to scroll through, using my mobile browser, photos are a little small and obstructed by those arrows, but it's good enough... I could repost them if you want lol

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: moondog

moondog

Yep, it has arrows to scroll through, using my mobile browser, photos are a little small and obstructed by those arrows, but it's good enough... I could repost them if you want lol
Sure, if you'd be willing to do that it would save people dealing with photobucket.

moondog,
Reactions: Jah75

Shit Snacks

Sure, if you'd be willing to do that it would save people dealing with photobucket.

Oh if you click the photos, then they maximize to get rid of the arrows, and you can still click the photo to move on to the next photo... Anyway here they are in an imgur album (also has arrows visible):
All I did was take screenshots of your photos, then go to imgur.com in my mobile browser, select desktop view, then click upload, after it's done I just pasted the URL text link above, taken from the browser box.

Last edited:

moondog

Oh if you click the photos, then they maximize to get rid of the arrows, and you can still click the photo to move on to the next photo... Anyway here they are in a imgur album (also has arrows visible though):
All I did was take screenshots of your photos, then go to imgur.com in my mobile browser, select desktop view, then click upload, after it's done I just pasted the URL text link above, taken from the browser box.
Fantastic! Thanks.

Jah75

Hey, think about using some of this stuff on the wood.

f82727b8-d60c-4093-8827-86361625ada5_1.edbfc4b655bee7d36bbfc1c4547cba5f.jpeg

It makes the wood look good, and provides some protection. But it also has a mild natural orange scent. I used it when I bought a very fishy smelling used TM a while back. It might help eat any residual smoke smells from your FW.
-I will definitely try that. I also had a really fishy TM a year or two ago, but luckily it aired out quickly - thanks!
Are you able to see all the pics in the album from the one link?
Man - seeing them side by side kind of calms my fears a bit…the initial pics made it seem huge to my eyes, but this is much tamer (although still a bit jarring after the smooth-ness of the 7) …I’m getting excited again as long as I don’t stare at the pods too long

moondog

-I will definitely try that. I also had a really fishy TM a year or two ago, but luckily it aired out quickly - thanks!

Man - seeing them side by side kind of calms my fears a bit…the initial pics made it seem huge to my eyes, but this is much tamer (although still a bit jarring after the smooth-ness of the 7) …I’m getting excited again as long as I don’t stare at the pods too long
Same here. I was worried about the size but as soon as I opened the box there were no worries left.

I have hit a minor snag, though. After cleaning all the parts (as described in an earlier post) I went to reassemble and found I couldn't get the small bottom cover to close over the ceramic elbow and its clip. Not having the instructions yet I didn't want to force anything, so I sent Marc an email and am waiting to hear back. I'll keep you all posted.

moondog

Just saw this 8 in the wild on reddit

RDT-20220805-1805366883595316696297996.webp
Mine's nicer :lol:

Edit to add: I just heard back from Marc on the spring clip for holding in the ceramic elbow.

He sent me an excerpt from the yet-to-be-completed manual. You can see it here:

Last edited:

havewill1

Mine's nicer :lol:

Edit to add: I just heard back from Marc on the spring clip for holding in the ceramic elbow.

He sent me an excerpt from the yet-to-be-completed manual. You can see it here:

That’s mine on Reddit, it’s okay, you don’t gotta lie about yours being nice lol

I am just gonna wait for the manual, every time I click once and hold it just pulses 3 times 3 times,

moondog

I am just gonna wait for the manual, every time I click once and hold it just pulses 3 times 3 times,

Hmm weird, I would have figured that the instructions were the same as the FW7.

I believe that’s the pattern for low battery, at least on the FW7.

Yeah I was going to say, did you fully charge the battery pack? Could be the low signal, because it comes without the charge...

You're all correct. Can confirm that the FW8 uses the same control scheme as the FW7. I set my temp levels last night using the same method as for the 7 and all worked as expected. 3x3 buzzes is indeed the signal for low battery (and 3x4 indicates a battery that is overcharged). Charge up that battery pack and you'll be fine.

BTW the FW8 arrives with the following preset temps:

Level 1 = 340F
Level 2 = 380F
Level 3 = 400F

Steel28

You're all correct. Can confirm that the FW8 uses the same control scheme as the FW7. I set my temp levels last night using the same method as for the 7 and all worked as expected. 3x3 buzzes is indeed the signal for low battery (and 3x4 indicates a battery that is overcharged). Charge up that battery pack and you'll be fine.

BTW the FW8 arrives with the following preset temps:

Level 1 = 340F
Level 2 = 380F
Level 3 = 400F
Now that you have used both, any thoughts?

Top Bottom