• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Firewood Vaporizer

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Still learning my way around my FW7. I bought the WPA as well, but I also like the fit of my BB9 when I tried it out for fitment. Other than the fact that it does not conceal safely like the native stems, are there any other drawbacks to using a BB9 as a WPA with the FW7? Anyone notice any differences in performance when using a BB9 as opposed to the native WPA?

CanikUser19,
Reactions: BeeSawd

Not Invented Here

Still learning my way around my FW7. I bought the WPA as well, but I also like the fit of my BB9 when I tried it out for fitment. Other than the fact that it does not conceal safely like the native stems, are there any other drawbacks to using a BB9 as a WPA with the FW7? Anyone notice any differences in performance when using a BB9 as opposed to the native WPA?
It's certainly a difference in draw resistance because of the aperture of the WPA vs the narrow glass connector tube, but which is better is 100% up to taste, I stick to the WPA most of the time myself. I've heard that the bb9 set-up can tend to get pushed closed because the way you put it on a bong or whatever but I don't actually own a bb9 so if it works for you then the only downside I can imagine is cleaning the bb9 lol.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
It's certainly a difference in draw resistance because of the aperture of the WPA vs the narrow glass connector tube, but which is better is 100% up to taste, I stick to the WPA most of the time myself. I've heard that the bb9 set-up can tend to get pushed closed because the way you put it on a bong or whatever but I don't actually own a bb9 so if it works for you then the only downside I can imagine is cleaning the bb9 lol.
Yeah when I tried it for fit I was thinking any amount of pressure when on a j-hook or water piece might cause it to get pushed close. Might be a good plan B option in a pinch though.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yeah I like to keep my FW7 level if possible, doesn't really matter, just a little OCD, but the WPA I also like because it gives you an open straight path, easy draw and cleaning, when you are going to be putting it through another glass path anyway with a hook or water etc.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
trying to get a feel for the fw7 tonight, it seemed like i had to use more force to insert the battery into the unit than i honestly feel comfortable with (compressing the spring in the - terminal to help the + side slide in as i imagine you're expected to do). same with removing battery - more force/effort than comfortable. worse yet, after removing the battery the plastic wrap on the + terminal was cut. i gave the fw7 the benefit of the doubt that perhaps that cut was already there and i somehow didn't notice, and inserted/removed the battery again. sure enough there is another tear in the plastic cover. what gives? i'm nervous to use batteries that aren't in good condition as i've read they can be dangerous

here are some shots... but i think Snacks just posted it's missing.. can see the batteries though. sony vct5a, before, after

also shows a little of the guts and just how cool these things are..

I'm late to see these posts but wanted to chime in to say that my FW7 also damages the wrap on any cell I use with it and none of the well-intentioned advice from folks here about putting them in differently makes a difference. It's pretty much stopped me from using it since you can't charge it with the battery in like my other portables

I just received my firewood after a ~10 day wait. And it was well worth it. I was a little apprehensive about the haptic status info, but it is very easy (and fun!) to use.. This is what I think of when I think of on-demand and like hitting a bowl.. It dares me to press the button again :evil:

One thing I noticed though, the oven end sure does get hot

First impressions: I love it
Congratulations and well done. The FW7's performance really is first rate. Enjoy man! Oh and keep an eye on the battery wraps just in case

Last edited:

im not a robot

I'm late to see these posts but wanted to chime in to say that my FW7 also damages the wrap on any cell I use with it and none of the well-intentioned advice from folks here about putting them in differently makes a difference. It's pretty much stopped me from using it since you can't charge it with the battery in like my other portables
that really sucks. i noticed i have a small tear on the top of my vtc6, but i honestly couldnt say whether it was there before, i have had it for a while. and i feel that i can manage to get it in & out of the fw w/o much concern. but i am really grateful for your earlier posts re this to have a close look at this, it is the kind of thing that could keep me up at night. i am wondering if it is possible to sand the wood in there down a bit, to give greater allowance for the cell? anyway.. i hope you can still find a solution, fingers crossed, such a nice little machine.

Lewdgz23

what is this sticking out of your firewood? part of a simrel stem (dont really know them)? is this good natively? looks cool! i am also baffled by most of the other items in the picture, but one query is enough. enjoy your time at the beach! going there myself tomorrow.
I know TiWarez makes the dice and the stash jar in the left, so I’d have to imagine that the bong is the same. The tip what I’m not sure about. Maybe it comes with bong?

BeeSawd

what is this sticking out of your firewood? part of a simrel stem (dont really know them)? is this good natively? looks cool! i am also baffled by most of the other items in the picture, but one query is enough. enjoy your time at the beach! going there myself tomorrow.
It's a ditanium mouthpiece! The bong is a summit from quiver an all TI bong and the stash and dice are from 420edc!

BeeSawd

Nice bong, who made it and what material is it?

It is titanium! As are all the other metal things in that image! You could say I have a type haha

DillGaff

It is titanium! As are all the other metal things in that image! You could say I have a type haha

Titanium Forever!!

DillGaff,

Shit Snacks

It's a ditanium mouthpiece!

Thought so, pretty cool that it fits in the WPA like that! Although personally I would be mindful of the fact that it is not going up against the ceramic pathway, the way a 14mm male connection would, since the ditanium mouthpiece is shorter on the other end that is inside, I imagine you have a bit of a wood pathway between your ceramic ring and titanium mouthpiece with this setup...

BeeSawd

Thought so, pretty cool that it fits in the WPA like that! Although personally I would be mindful of the fact that it is not going up against the ceramic pathway, the way a 14mm male connection would, since the ditanium mouthpiece is shorter on the other end that is inside, I imagine you have a bit of a wood pathway between your ceramic ring and titanium mouthpiece with this setup...
Sadly yes there is just a bit of exposed wood and yes it does get reclaim on it over time however I kind of prefer it not touching the ceramic in case of a drop (which if you can tell by all the TI is a very common thing for me haha). That being said you can't taste the wood in the pathway.

Duba

Accessory Maker
Hello everybody,

I have a little issue (or something strange anyway) with my Fw7 : Regularly now, the Fw7 makes inappropriate vibrations :

When I press the button, it starts to vibrate quickly without stopping. It stops when I release the button (after 2 last longer vibrations).
When it happens, I have to remove the battery, put it back and restart it.

At the beginning, I thought it did it when the battery was getting close to the end but it seemed strange to me because there is a signal for that (3x3 vibrations). Now it does it more and more often, even with a partially charged battery (but most at the end).

Has anyone experienced or is experiencing this type of problem? is it serious doctor?

Thanks in advance

Duba,
  • Wow

AnnYong

Hi, all! New member here and just wanted to say thanks for all the discussions and information that you've provided. It helped convince me to try and get the FW7 (was fortunate on my first attempt). Was using a dynavap before, but going in between both has been great!

Question - Does anyone have easy access to a 3d printer that would be able to print me the loading funnel? Am willing to reimburse for your efforts and shipping. I tried loading the file onto some online services, but it told me the sizing was off 🤷‍♂️ That and the prices for the online services were quite a shock, though I may just not understand how expensive 3D printing is. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

Or if anyone has any suggestions of where I can get the funnel for a decent price, please let me know.

Thanks in advance and Happy 🦃 to all those who celebrate the holiday!

BeeSawd

Hi, all! New member here and just wanted to say thanks for all the discussions and information that you've provided. It helped convince me to try and get the FW7 (was fortunate on my first attempt). Was using a dynavap before, but going in between both has been great!

Question - Does anyone have easy access to a 3d printer that would be able to print me the loading funnel? Am willing to reimburse for your efforts and shipping. I tried loading the file onto some online services, but it told me the sizing was off 🤷‍♂️ That and the prices for the online services were quite a shock, though I may just not understand how expensive 3D printing is. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

Or if anyone has any suggestions of where I can get the funnel for a decent price, please let me know.

Wish I had a printer but now you make me want one in TI haha. Congrats on the fw, you'll love it!

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock

Until you sort it out, the loading scoop/tamper from TheRogueWaxWorks that @Shit Snacks referenced above is a really good option for loading the FW7 and many other vapes. The one sized for Vapcaps might be perfect for you and would work for both vapes.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Hello everybody,

I have a little issue (or something strange anyway) with my Fw7 : Regularly now, the Fw7 makes inappropriate vibrations :

When I press the button, it starts to vibrate quickly without stopping. It stops when I release the button (after 2 last longer vibrations).
When it happens, I have to remove the battery, put it back and restart it.

At the beginning, I thought it did it when the battery was getting close to the end but it seemed strange to me because there is a signal for that (3x3 vibrations). Now it does it more and more often, even with a partially charged battery (but most at the end).

Has anyone experienced or is experiencing this type of problem? is it serious doctor?

Thanks in advance

Yeah so that is the same signal when your battery is dead, so I would think your battery is to blame, do you have another battery that you know is good that you can test? May be time to get some new ones...

Welcome to FC!! Yes the Rogue Wax Works has great tools for loading, I never use a funnel with mine now that I have his tools... You can also check Delta 3D Studios, they have grasshopper funnels and such that may fit, but if you provide the specs he can print out the FW7 for you probably too, I'm not sure if he's free to do so these days, but you can always email and ask! Or take a chance with one of the other funnels, or yeah just grab the right scoop n tamp! :tup:

AnnYong

Welcome to FC!! Yes the Rogue Wax Works has great tools for loading, I never use a funnel with mine now that I have his tools... You can also check Delta 3D Studios, they have grasshopper funnels and such that may fit, but if you provide the specs he can print out the FW7 for you probably too, I'm not sure if he's free to do so these days, but you can always email and ask! Or take a chance with one of the other funnels, or yeah just grab the right scoop n tamp! :tup:
Thanks @CanikUser19 and @Shit Snacks for the scoop recommendation. Looks like a good decently priced approach, so I'll try it first.

Duba

Accessory Maker
Yeah so that is the same signal when your battery is dead, so I would think your battery is to blame, do you have another battery that you know is good that you can test? May be time to get some new ones...
It's not the same signal i think. Batterie dead : 3x3 vibrations, isn't it?
My strange one is : fast vibrations all the time I press the trigger and it stops when I release the button (by 2 vibrations longer than the fast ones).

Duba,

Shit Snacks

It's not the same signal i think. Batterie dead : 3x3 vibrations, isn't it?
My strange one is : fast vibrations all the time I press the trigger and it stops when I release the button (by 2 vibrations longer than the fast ones).

I'm not sure, maybe, when the battery dies it just feels like it's non-stop vibration haha but my recommendation still stands to try other batteries... Otherwise reach out to Marc?

Shit Snacks,
Top Bottom